[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How did SnK ever get so popular? It's basically H.O.T.D.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2
File: SnK+(1)[1].png (1 MB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
SnK+(1)[1].png
1 MB, 1280x800
How did SnK ever get so popular?

It's basically H.O.T.D. without the fan service.
>>
>>142836180
Interesting new concept.
Likeable characters.
It showed promise.
>>
>>142836180
They swapped fanservice for manservice and since fujos are about 70% of the anime watching audience, they ate it up like it was the last melon pan in the school bread store.

I think over 95% of doujin of this is homo.
>>
>>142836180
1 - free guro and "anyone can die" hook on the side for pretentious edgy teenagers.
2 - both shonen and seinen elements to attract audience of all ages as much as you can.
3 - mostly male cast with strong independent women that need no man that attracts a very euphoric crowd willing to pay any price and will have no standards whatsoever so they will eat anything you throw at them (fujos).

This formula is a guaranteed success in Japan or any other country as long as the quality is at least average. Replace 1 with a theme that will shock or get instant attraction without context to get even the randomest of passerby curious enough to at least google it.
>>
>>142836495

But... it's just a really mediocre show.
>>
>>142837039
That's the point, anon.
>>
>>142836495
>1 - free guro and "anyone can die" hook on the side for pretentious edgy teenagers.
I honestly think this is the main reason. The show tries to play itself as a dangerous world where no character is safe but in reality random side characters get killed and the main characters never die. Teens eat that shit up for breakfast.
>>
>>142837097
>main characters never die
Tell that to poor armin
>>
>>142837154
>armin
>main character
kek
>>
>>142836180
>It's basically H.O.T.D. without the fan service.

Heavy fanservice focus actually gives a popularity ceiling to stuff like HOTD and To Love Ru, even if it helps launching them and making them stand out from the pack.
>>
Does anyone else hate Mikasa? I love the sort of obsession she has with Eren and some moments are cute,but I hate how manly she is.
>>
post dead armins
>>
>>142836180
And with better animation, premise, characters, not harem, no school shit. So nothing like shit tier garbage like HOTD at all.
>>
>>142836180

>No fanservice

Did you watched the show?
>>
>>142839904

Aside from an initially unique premise and slightly better animation, nothing else really makes much of a difference in a positive way. The characters are also entirely forgettable.
>>
>>142836180
AOT > EVA
>>
>>142840030
>Worries about others watching a show
>Doesn't worry about his own English skills
>>
>>142840104
Not like your hot opinions make a difference or anything. HOTD is canned and SnK is both manga and anime form is vastly successful.
>>
>>142837154
I hate the little turd but he could easily get asspulled back to life next chapter
>>
>>142837154
>poor armin
He was the worst and most forced character, no matter what tumblr says. The story will be benefited by his death.
>>
>>142839645
She is more autistic than manly.
>>
>>142839177
Are you dense? Is this ruse? Can't you give me better arguement? Lol
>>
>>142837154
Fucking spoiler that shit, you filthy nigger
>>
File: 1234.jpg (2 MB, 3213x6000) Image search: [Google]
1234.jpg
2 MB, 3213x6000
>>142839904
>better animationa
greed, good
>better premise
wtf are you on anon, it is a typical nonsense anime plot
>characters
There is 1 (one) character in SnK, the rest serve to propel him in whatever direction the writers want him to go.
>not harem
This is a minus, not a plus
>no school shit
I am sorry, did you conveniently skip the part where everything depends on teenagers who learn "everything they need" in what is basically a school setting?

If anything I find HOTD superior because it isn't reddit tier of taking itself too serious like SnK.

SnK is popular in the west because it is a case of "look mom, anime can be cool and "serious" like our series too!". Something you won't be able to say about a show like non non biyori.

Basically SnK can be liked by people who don't really like anime.
>>
>>142836288
You mean 20% are fujos. moe is what saving anime all the time, nip count
>>
>>142836180
It's an edgy thriller with generic social commentary.
>>
>>142836180
>It's basically H.O.T.D. without the fan service.

That's the fucking reason. The author is deciding to treat the readers like normal people and not horney otakus who think only with their testicles. It would be so easy to pander and have one castrated male MC with a bunch of trope bimbo cunts for the rest of the cast. I mean when your either training all day or fighting for your life on-top of mourning the loss of your comrades you don't have much time for pandering boob-grab scenes realistically. I mean the author even included a scene where Eren nearly kisses Misaka but then something vital for their survival interrupts. Probably as a "fuck you" to horney otaku fucks who ruin everything they lay their hands on.

TLDR; No one gives a flying fuck about H.O.T.D. ~ 3 days after it ended because testicles do not have long term memory.

>>142840463
Enjoy wallowing in pigshit. Who am I tell you any better?
>>
>>142840852
>otaku fucks who ruin everything they lay their hands on
You know the sunny season has arrived when posts like these get made.
>>
>>142840908
Lol. doesn't change the fact that your taste is shit. Kill yourself.
>>
>>142840978
>>
>>142840130
This anon is correct.
>>
>>142836180
That's not true.

HotD has much better art.
>>
>>142840852
This so much. I drop any and all things that have an overwhelming amount of boobs and moeshit
>>
>>142836180
AOT requires brains of which /a/ has none.
>>
>>142841125
>>
>>142841125
>>142841151
Dumblr pls
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.