[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How did you feel about Golden Frieza?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 6
File: 333.png (554 KB, 802x425) Image search: [Google]
333.png
554 KB, 802x425
Did you like the concept?

Regardless of that, do you think the movie or the series could've better executed the arc?

And even if you dislike the concept, how would you have executed the arc if you were forced to work on it?

Also, If you refuse to do so, Toei animation will delete the catalog and your family.
>>
>>142836170

Nostalgia for nostalgia's sake. It's inconceivable by a factor of about 1000x that he could be stronger than SSJ Blue Goku. The only way to accept it is to write it off as anime logic.
>>
>>142836170
Cyber-cooler, now golden frieza
Cyber-cooler, now golden frieza
Been a long time ago since Cyber-cooler
Why did cyber-cooler get the works?
That's nobody's business but the Toeirks
>>
>>142836232
I can buy Frieza having a shitload of potential since he was apparently born with the power he displayed on Namek.

My problem came from the fact that it only took four months for him to become such a monster without anyone instructing his training.

It would've been nice if we had some villain from the shadows giving Frieza the ability to tap into his latent power.

Think a Maikoshin with the same powers as the Old Kai, for instance, who could've brought out Frieza's inner potential like the Old Kai did to Gohan.
>>
If I were forced to work on it I would have told them that bringing Freeza back is the most retarded idea possible. I would have had Piccolo foil Sorbet's plan before the opening credits then have the actual plot be something that made sense.
>>
File: 3332.jpg (21 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
3332.jpg
21 KB, 300x300
A big problem that Golden Frieza has created is the potential of Golden Cell. Does this mean if Cell started doing crunches instead of absorbing the androids he would've also reached a level that makes Vegito look like a bug?
>>
>>142836571
>implying he wouldn't be Purple Cell
>>
I dont mind there being another evolution for a species that had 4 of them previously.

My main gripe is that he surpassed decades of powerups with 4 months of training.

A power he had no concept of grasping how strong the saiyajins had gotten

To him SSJ2 would have been incredible levels of power

SSJ3 would have been unfathomable

For him to somehow pass up SSJ Blue was retarded.
>>
>>142837000
Ironically, it would just go back to Green Cell after he combines SSGSS with Golden Form.
>>
>>142837168
This. Pretty much. Especially since the movie and show depicted him as incapacitated in the other world so it's not like he was improving there. Would have been more interesting if they wished him back a long time ago and had him train for years vs hur due 4 years and I'm da best. Goku is a prodigy and he doesn't have that growth rate.
>>
Nigga coulda have done pushups for 5 minutes before fighting Goku on Namek and he woulda beat him
>>
>>142837168
>My main gripe is that he surpassed decades of powerups with 4 months of training.
So?
>>
>>142837408
Did you not read the rest of the post. He had no idea what level of amazing power he needed to surpass. He suddenly stopped at Golden Freeza and somehow knew it was the level stronger than Goku.

Yet he would have no idea what power Goku was currently at. The only thing his minions let him know is that he beat Majin Buu.

That would be around SSJ3 level

Which is nothing compared to SSJ blue Goku.
>>
File: Majin_6th_Formfysd_Frieza.jpg (63 KB, 388x700) Image search: [Google]
Majin_6th_Formfysd_Frieza.jpg
63 KB, 388x700
It was disappointing as fuck, I was hoping Frieza would turn into something like this. Simple yet still badass, golden Frieza looked stupid
>>
>>142837633
I actually kinda liked the concept of Frieza mimicking a Super Saiyan transformation.

Now, if only Goku kept a design similar to the original SSG, we'd see a clash between two forms with one embodying rage and the other embodying tranquility.

However, neither the movie nor the show seemed to be pushing the angle.
>>
>>142837552
>Yet he would have no idea what power Goku was currently at. The only thing his minions let him know is that he beat Majin Buu.

Why should Frieza stop around what he thinks is Goku's level? Why not totally eclipse him so he's never overtaking again? Apart from Beerus and the like.
>>
I don't mind him getting a power boost but you really need to do better than TRAINING to explain why.

training in dragon ball makes no fucking sense
>>
People like to justify Freeza's absurd power leap by saying he had never trained before, but I think that just makes it worse. If he's never trained before how could he possibly train efficiently? The reason Goku and Gohan were so much stronger than Vegeta and Trunks during the Cell Games was because they actually knew how to train properly and didn't just push themselves like retards. Freeza never learned martial arts, he couldn't sense ki and he had never even really exerted himself before Namek. The idea of him surpassing Piccolo is ridiculous, much less Vegetto.
>>
I like Golden Freeza a lot he looks swole
>>
>>142838383
>If he's never trained before how could he possibly train efficiently?

DBS makes it worse by implying that he trained solely be beating the shit out of one of his minions.
>>
>>142836170
Utterly stupid and lazy writing. But not as bad as blue haired super saiyan.
>>
>>142838383
>If he's never trained before how could he possibly train efficiently?
It's almost like a space emperor with lots of worlds under his command has certain resources to use to his advantage.
>>
>>142836170
I don't mind the form, I would not want Freeza's design to becoming more intricate after his final form was about being simpler than the previous ones.
The movie is pretty entertaining to watch, has good fights but it feels abridged, like it is a compilation movie of a series we have not seen. Freeza's new elite mooks being uncerimoniously killed after very little screen time makes their very existence pointless.

The Golden Freeza Arc in Super does better with giving Freeza's henchmen something to do, I do like additions like how Freeza being a cruel asshole to Tagoma instead of just killing him, I like him acknowledgin having killed Krillin and being angered by Gohan's kindess. However despite the arc being longer nothing much happens. We see Ginyu and Gotenks just for the sake of seeing them, it feels like wasted potential when we could have had one hilarious fight between them. And there's the problem with the animation and consistency taking a nosedive even for Super standards, and after several episodes being decent in that aspect.
I also don't like other minor changes like Jaco sitting through the fight.

In the end I like the ideas the arc brought in better, but the movie is still far more entertaining.
>>
>>142836571
I dont think cell is capable of training to become stronger in the traditional sense. Plus, he already had super saiyan tier strength so Golden Cell would just be pointless
>>
>>142838618
Yeah, the series certainly had a few gems hiding in its retelling of the movie. Frieza's torture of Gohan is certainly one of them.
>>
>>142838611
Vegeta was a warrior prince married to a genius billionaire with access to divine artifacts and that didn't save him from being shit at training.
>>
>>142840181
>that didn't save him from being shit at training.
Super Saiyan in the Artificial Human arc obtained thanks to Bulma gravity machine nice try dumbass. Besides a space emperor with lots of worlds under his command isn't comparable to a rich Earth chick retard.
>>
Black Goku is Frieza
>>
>>142840181
>Vegeta was a warrior prince married to a genius billionaire with access to divine artifacts and that didn't save him from being shit.

Fixed that for you.
>>
>>142840360
If Freeza had reached Android level in three years I could believe it. But he surpassed Buu in four months. There's a difference.

And the rich Earth chick is far better. Freeza's army doesn't have capsules, or intelligent robots or a dragon radar. He didn't even have any drones to scout for Dragon Balls. Bulma can surpass Freeza's technology with parts salvaged from a VCR.
>>
>>142840613
>But he surpassed Buu in four months
So?

>And the rich Earth chick is far better.
Not really Frieza has several spaceship (Bulma and her father couldn't even make one from scratch and had to work off Frieza's ships, they even called it advanced) healing chambers,scouters etc and thats just what we have seen. Also I'm not just talking about tech he could have access to magic like the RoTaS.

>He didn't even have any drones
They do have drones that's how the knew about Buu
>>
File: FriezaHasMagicFingers.jpg (204 KB, 700x475) Image search: [Google]
FriezaHasMagicFingers.jpg
204 KB, 700x475
>>142840909
>rich Earth chick is far better.isn't better
>Hot ass Genius Moneybags MILF isn't better than Space Napohitler

Someone wants Golden Frieza's Golden Yorokoshin Punishment rod

tags: Space Pegging
>>
File: Jam of the Gods.jpg (307 KB, 566x800) Image search: [Google]
Jam of the Gods.jpg
307 KB, 566x800
>>142836170
>>142841130
He may look baller, but can he JAM?
>>
>>142836571
>makes Vegito look like a bug?
No way, Vegeto was off the charts.

Now with God Ki, Beerus, Whis, Champa, Vados, Goku and Vegeta are off the charts.
>>
>>142836170
Looked stupid and contrived. Should have just introduced cooler as someone trained for years to avenge his family.
>>
>>142842071
>Toriyama should have thought of having a Cooler movie in 2014 back in 1992 where Cooler trained to avenge Freeza
>>
Would of been a great movie, had they ended it 10 minutes earlier when the earth blew up, then continue on from there with goku learning not to be a fuck boy and working to fix the mistake.
>>
>>142836170
>4 months
>Of beating the shit out of one of his henchmen.

That, and the fact that Piccolo knew something was going on when Frieza got wished back and didn't go look, are the main things that bug me.

>Piccolo investigates after Dragon gets summoned.
>Frieza army leave before Piccolo shows up.
>Piccolo is suspicious. Tells everyone to start training.
>Gohan only trains a little, doesn't really progress but maintains what he was at the end of Buu.
>Make timeskip 2 years long.
>Frieza does legit training on a planet with really strong gravity.
>Works his way towards the center where it's even stronger and starts to affect his Ki, forcing it to be contained in his body like Goku and Vegeta have to figure out.
>Accidentally discovers Golden form.
>Invade Earth.

Continue as normal from there with Frieza wrecking Gohan until Goku and Vegeta show up.
>>
>>142837919
>Why should Frieza stop around what he thinks is Goku's level? Why not totally eclipse him so he's never overtaking again?

You still have to know what Goku's level is in order to eclipse him.

Why not train for a year? Why not 5? If he stopped at 4 then he had to know on some level "Yeah Im ready to take this fucker on"
>>
>>142836170
4 months was just a small time, he should have train more than that, then he would have overpowered SSB Goku and Vegetable.
>>
>>142836170
The bigger problem is he came back for no reason
>>
File: 1169.png (225 KB, 600x848) Image search: [Google]
1169.png
225 KB, 600x848
>>142836170
I used to think it was even worse than the fan designs.

Then this happened, and I don't hate it as much. At least it isn't edgy nonsense.
>>
Didn't know battletoads got an anime
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.