[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Reading devices thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (823 KB, 2592x1936) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
823 KB, 2592x1936
How do you read your chinese comics, /a/ ?

Pic related, the kobo, is how I got started - until I realized that regular ereaders like kobo or kindle are fucking useless because the screens are too fucking small and most scans even have white edges on the side so it gets even smaller.
After experimenting with multiple ereaders I finally got myself the big ass white one for 200$. But guess what, to get chapters on it you have to work some kind of insane computer magic that I'm just not capable of.

So after dozens of hours and hundreds of dollars wasted I finally got myself a tablet, the mangastorm app and am now as happy as can get. Fuck ereaders.
>>
I read my books on my Thinkpad screen with brightness turned down. I'm not sure if it is the LCD screen keeping me from focusing on Dracula or the not very much caring what John Harker had for breakfast.
>>
>>121300179
>thinkpad

I have a thinkpad laptop. Is that the same or is your version a tablet?
I'm happy with it but I don't use it much also the battery is way too fucking weak.
>>
>>121300314
It's a T500 with a 9 cell battery, a robust industrial laptop of yesteryear, the kind /g/ circlejerks about.
>>
I-i use an ipad. Does that make me a faggot?
>>
nook hd+
>>
>>121300969
Do you use mangastorm?
I might get a tablet with sd slot soon. I don't know if it's possible but I want to use mangastorm to download content from batoto on a spare sd card as backlog since mangatraders is gone and you can't download from batoto directly.

Sorry, I don't know a fucking thing about software and electronics, it's a miracle I've come as far as 4chan.
>>
I have a projector set up in my living room.
>>
>>121301228
So you read your manga on a wall?
That's new I guess, never thought about that. On the other hand, I watch movies on my tablet, so why not try it the other way around?
>>
>>121300515
It's way too heavy though.
>>
Yeah, I bought a kobo and it was a headache. Doesn't sort by folder, can only change orientation manually, constantly fucked up and had to be reset, slow, etc.

Switched to a small tablet and it's perfect. Only drawback is the low battery life and fact that it doesn't charge from the computer (absolute bullshit). Otherwise it's easier and more intuitive to use, can get more space since the kobo's limited at 32gb and it takes 64gb. I don't understand why you'd use mangastorm though, isn't it like streaming for manga? I just download cbr files on my computer and use a cbr reader.
>>
>>121301767
I'm Bane.
>>
>>121300075

I read mostly everything on the Mangastorm app on my ipad mini, but it only lets me download stuff available on sites like batoto. So I archive my favorite series on my PC and read stuff that's not available on there as well.

I'm planning to buy a lenovo laptop tablet hybrid once Windows 10 is released for better manga reading and VN reading though.
>>
I bought a kobo touch for $20 like two weeks ago because I couldn't stand reading on my old as fuck monitor. It's pretty good, but it pisses me off that some files will show up on it but not others. For example, Berserk.cbr's work fine, but a one piece cbr won't even show up in the physical device. In my file manager, it shows it as being on the kobo, but it doesn't show up in the library

Oh well, I've gotten better at japanese so I'll be able to start buying real books, anyway.
>>
File: image.jpg (849 KB, 2448x1512) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
849 KB, 2448x1512
Galaxy Tab S
>>
>>121302186
Change the ones that don't work to cbz, that's worked for me in the past.
>>
>>121302039
No. If you get the full version of mangastorm (literally 5 bucks) you can download batoto content in 100% quality to your tablet.

I don't know if you can extract those manga with the sd card though, I haven't tried that yet because I have to use an ipad as of now.
If it works it would be the most convenient way to download manga I can think of.
>>
>>121302310
Noice. It got a sd slot, right?
Do you use an app or do you go through the trouble of uploading?
>>
My niece stepped on the kobo aura I got as a gift, so I ordered the H20 on the 8th since they seem to be phasing out the aura HD.
Still no email about it having shipped. I contacted them, but they haven't gotten back to me.
I worry it's because I tried to send in a support ticket about replacing my aura, and it only gave me the phone option so I blanked out my support description and put "FUCK YOU".
Then I went to go get the phone number for support and forgot I had changed it and it submitted like that.
>>
On a related note, where do people get manga now that mangatraders is kill.

I hear there is some secret backlog hidden somewhere? I wasn't around for a while when it went down and now I'm not sure if the secret club really exists or people are spouting crap.

If you don't want to give sauce, can you at least confirm it's existence - I'd be glad to know that the mango are safe somewhere.
>>
>>121302878
Yes, there is one.
Search the catalog.
>>
>>121303041
is there a torrent? How much gigs is it anyways? I have a pretty big external hard drive.
>>
>>121303041
>>121303172
I meant archive, not catalog, sorry.
It's a ftp.
>>
>>121302878
マドカミ
>>
>>121302410
I've tried that, didn't seem to work. Maybe I'll try loading everything onto an SD card instead of drag and drop.
>>121303041
>catalog
>>
File: image.jpg (66 KB, 500x381) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
66 KB, 500x381
>>121303350
>>
>>121302310
This.
>>
I read some manga on my Kindle touch once. It's not that hard to convert your images and if you have the rotation sideways it's big enough to read.
>>
I just recently got a Galaxy tab pro 8.4 for reading comics/manga(same shit) on and I really dig it. I put them on my sd card either by connecting it to my computer or downloading it from my computer over my network. I pretty much use .cbz/.cbr files and use Perfect Viewer as the app i use, works well.
>>
Nexus 7. It basically operates as a nap consumption device. Don't never need to transfer anything from or two a computer, just download/torrent and organize from the device.
>>
I have a Kindle 4 and it's pretty shitty for mangos, the resolution is too small and the size of the device is just not enough.
Manga support is horrible, too, fortunately there's tools like kcc and mangle.
>>
>>121303554
Anonymous 02/15/15(Sun)09:51:46 No.121303554▶
>It's not that hard to convert your images

It probably isn't, but it is for me. I can't even open zip packages, all I ever get is data mash. On the internet I feel like a literal retard, nothing ever works the way I want it to work and even if I follow instructions exactly I never get the results I want.

mfw I'm a software autist.
>>
>>121303719
I got a Nexus 7 but just transferred .mkv's from my computer.

Do u use mp4s to save space?
>>
I have a 3yo EeePC turned to portrait mode for manga. It's pretty comfy.
>>
I use my Surface. My Tab Pro 8.4 isn't big enough to be comfortable for reading. Shame that there are no good touch optimized Windows readers. CDisplayEX is alright but I have to swipe instead of tap.
>>
Galaxy Tab S 8.4 reporting in, reading with Manga Rock.
>>
>>121303933
Try HoneyView.
>>
>>121303785
See, just look at my post - I didn't intend it to contain the date and shit like that.

Fucking computer fucking shits.
>>
I have a Kindle Paperwhite and it works pretty well for mango, just convert it with this Kindle Comic Converter thing, easy as hell.

pic related, what it looks like.
>>
Bought a Kindle PW 2 recently. Could be a little bit bigger, otherwise, much better than reading on monitor or tablet.
>>
>>121304021
You realise you just click the number on the post right. To quote some you just highlight the next and it'll autoquote when you click the number.
Anon pls
>>
>>121304019
Too many fucking toolbars everywhere.
>>
>>121303958
I used mangarock too but switched to mangastorm, it's infinitely better.

You can do verry subtle stuff like zooming one page, then fix the zoom, so the next page will be shown with the same amount of zoom.
Also, the library is great and you get a complete history of your order of reading.

It's the perfect manga reading programm on any device.
>>
File: SurfacePro101.jpg (80 KB, 950x534) Image search: [Google]
SurfacePro101.jpg
80 KB, 950x534
>Fapping
>Need two hands
Thank you kickstand.
>>
>>121303933
Get Cover
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.