[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Yurikuma: Kuma Shock or Kuma Drop?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
Should I drop this show, or what?

I liked Penguindrum, but this show just isn't doing it for me.

What's /a/'s opinion? Haven't been around here in a while.
>>
If you don't like it then don't watch it. Are you retarded?
>>
Well I didn't really like Penguindrum so I wouldn't know.
>>
>>121245310
that's retarded advice and you should feel bad about it

but yeah OP I guess it's well past the 3-ep rule so it's probably ok to drop.
though Penguindrum and Utena didn't start revealing their cards until half way through the series so you should probably keep tabs.
>>
>>121245310
I'm retarded, yeah.

I feel like I want to like this show. Been waiting for it to get interesting, but it hasn't.
>>
>>121245424
See...that's kind of what I'm worried about. I wonder if I drop it now if it might get interesting later.

I watched Penguindrum after it aired, so it was easy to push myself along. I might have thought about dropping penguindrum too if I would have been watching it week-to-week.

That's why I'm having trouble deciding.
>>
>>121245505
remember first half was just Anthy getting slapped around by the local bitches
second half Akio shows up and seduces the entire cast

First half of PD was a dumbass trying to steal a diary from a yandere under orders of a bitch
Second half you get child broilers

Wonder what the second half of YB is? I also wonder why no one is trying to predict it

I myself am only here for the yuri
>>
>I liked Penguindrum
What's wrong with you?
>>
>>121245424
>>121245616
Definitely good points.

I think I'll just keep watching it. I've finished plenty of much worse shows than this.

But at this point I'm mostly in it for the Shaba de doo.
>>
>>121245724
I'll be the first to admit that I have shit taste.
>>
File: 1417999451453.jpg (95 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1417999451453.jpg
95 KB, 1280x720
>>121245724
What's wrong with you?
>>
As a patrician and high brow casual anime viewer and major ikuhara fan, I think this show is great. He doesn't have as long to do his usual stuff so its just a hyper condensed visual spectacle that appeals mainly to his fan base. If you don't like it its understandable, but you're objectively a philistine
>>
>/a/ likes gatari series which is fan service for its own sake with no substance
>hates ikuni shows which are the same thing but with more merit

Guess its just 3deep5them
>>
>>121245446
Honestly, I think you have your answer, then. Unless you like coming to Yurikuma threads and circle-jerking with all the people who think it's super profound, you're probably not going to miss much.

At this point it's hard to imagine what would instantly bring it up to awesome, and even if it does manage that, you can just go back and watch it, right?
>>
>>121245131

Drop it, it's awful. I'm still watching it but I hate myself for it.
>>
>>121245131

SHABADAAA~

SHABADABADABAAA~
>>
>>121245131
I don't know, I'm watching it because I find the bears cute
>>
>>121245131
Opening single when?
>>
my theory is that everyone is bears and they've been infiltrating and blending in for so long that they don't even know they are bears.

There is some allegory for lesbianism in there somewhere too.
>>
>>121250872
the opening is shit, gibe dat ending tho
>>
>>121250895
In utena interviews ikuhara said he chose lesbianism because its the first thing he thought of when trying to tackle just the "outsider" sensibility, he hates Japan and criticizes it heavily in all his work, I guess he has a weirdo obsession with teen Yuri because he feels its pure and that two fish swimming upstream together makes for a good vehicle for him to drive (literally. Do you get it yet?) His points home.

Not only the fan service or the general allegory (penguindrum deals heavily with the subway gassing which I'm sure Japan loves to ignore) but the more subtle aspects of hating modern souless Japan is why he has shit time slots and no dvd sales. These aren't shows for otaku, they're for ikuhara fans. At this point I feel like there are more in the US
>>
>>121245878
>penguindrum
>shit taste
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.