[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I tried to like this anime I really tried to like it, but I can't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: hawk_nanatsu_no_taiz_62990.jpg (33 KB, 294x420) Image search: [Google]
hawk_nanatsu_no_taiz_62990.jpg
33 KB, 294x420
I tried to like this anime I really tried to like it, but I can't get over the fact that these protagonists are Mary Sue.
>>
>>121038461
bump
>>
But that's the point.
>>
>>121038461
Another retard who doesn't know what a mary sue is
>>
>>121039161
>hey guys notice my shitpost. I'm great iamrite?
>>
>>121039191
how?
>>
>>121038461
>muh mary sue characters
>muh character development
>muh thought provoking plot

These are all telltale signs of the pleb.
Just stop sweating the small stuff and enjoy it for what it is. It's not set out to be some masterpiece.
In short, it's fun. So stop making it not fun.
>>
Couldnt get past monogotari
>>
>>121038461
it's the better version of shit piece and fairy tail
>>
File: Nanatsu_no_Taizai01_52_RHN.png (158 KB, 898x1300) Image search: [Google]
Nanatsu_no_Taizai01_52_RHN.png
158 KB, 898x1300
>>121038461
>watching the nanatsu anime

maximum pleb, start reading the manga right fucking now before the trademark A-1 decline in quality hits you

I'll even give you the link so you don't end up on mangareader you piece of shit http://manga.redhawkscans.com/reader/series/the_seven_deadly_sins/
>>
>powerlevels

well shit, it was fun while it lasted
>>
>>121040387
Aren't they overpowered on the manga too?
What makes it better than other battle manga?
>>
>>121040577

see >>121039191
>>
>>121040609
That doesn't answer the second question, it's kinda lame that you know that they going to bullshit their victories you know.
>>
>>121040664
Refer back to this

>>121039819

It's not about wondering if these characters are going to make it out alive. It's about overpowered characters clobbering the shit out of eachother. That's why it's fun. If you can't appreciate that, then this show is obviously not for you and there's no point in trying to explain or convince you otherwise.
>>
>>121040745
Well that's a better answer than that's the point.
>>
>>121040946
It was a long drawn out explanation as to why it's the point.
>>
File: 1423247823107.jpg (109 KB, 640x720) Image search: [Google]
1423247823107.jpg
109 KB, 640x720
>>121038461
Who the fuck isn't a mary sue
>>
>>121040387

so why does the anime suck again?
>>
File: NioConsiderTheFollowing.png (377 KB, 580x647) Image search: [Google]
NioConsiderTheFollowing.png
377 KB, 580x647
I really dislike how inappropriately people through the term "Mary/Gary sue/stew" around. Having characters that are incredibly physically powerful, or characters that seem unbeatable in a fight, is not tantamount to having characters who are Mary Sues.
Mary Sues are characters with now personal flaws, or, who negate conflict through their infallible purity or unshakable moral compass (now this is not all encompassing, because characters with infallible morals often end up as tragic characters, and as such, their morals are a vice, making them ineligible for the title of Mary Sue).
These characters are NOT mary Sues because:
Ban is a an apathetic, depressed alcoholic.
Meliodas is a sexual deviant who allows his past troubles to overcome his thoughts.
King is being NTR'd and is too beta to do anything about it.
Gowther cannot understand emotion; he cannot empathize.
Diana has a complex about her height and feels inadequate as a result.
Hawk is a faggot in every way.
Elizabeth, now Elizabeth is arguable, but she is not viewed as perfect. Her naivety and idealism causes problems for her and others around her.

Characters like the girl from Twilight, who are obsessed over by everyone, who are treated as "special" for no justifiable reason, and who are perpetually without fault are the characters referred to by those terms, not characters that punch really hard and tank shots.
>>
>>121044208
It doesn't suck. It's just nothing special. With that being said, it's still fairly entertaining to watch. It's also better than most of the shit airing this season.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.