[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Daily reminder that Ryuko Matio is the Anakin Skywalker of anime
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 11
Daily reminder that Ryuko Matio is the Anakin Skywalker of anime

>Edgy character that is meant to look cool but isn't
>Motivations and actions don't make sense
>"Totally the Chosen One" status
>put into a relationship that isn't well written (Padme/Satsuki) and works about as well as oil and water
>huge anger issues to make her look deep

Trash character is trash (along with her anime)
>>
Nice thread, OP.
Please post more often.
>>
File: ryuuko.png (165 KB, 397x287) Image search: [Google]
ryuuko.png
165 KB, 397x287
What you really want to say is post more Ryuuko, right anon?
>>
>>121001374
No what I'm saying is that Ryuko and Anakin are basically one in the same.
>>
It's pretty true
>>
>>121001181
Lol
>>
File: ryuuko.jpg (220 KB, 1288x1226) Image search: [Google]
ryuuko.jpg
220 KB, 1288x1226
>>
File: 1395496038968.png (377 KB, 464x621) Image search: [Google]
1395496038968.png
377 KB, 464x621
>>
>>121001508
Where is this website that you got that from? That sounds interesting.
>>
>>121001181
In-universe, Anakin is regarded as a faggot and is the main villain of the series, Ryuuko is the heroic MC and is treated as the second coming of jesus.
>>
>>121001556
Actually for at least 2.5 of the films, he's treated as the heroic MC and the second coming of Force Jesus. The last half is your point.
>>
>>121001545
Sōichirō, this is what you wanted, right? This is my promise I made to you.
>>
>>121001181
>motivation doesn't make sense
it was just for her faamirry
she really tries hard to get to know her father better
>>
Ryuko = Anakin
Satsuki = Obi-Wan
Ragyo = Sheev
Mako = Jar Jar
Sanageyama = Mace Windu
Takarada = Dexter Jettster
>>
>>121004865
>Mako=Jar Jar
what?
>>
>>121006277
You see, Jar Jar Binks a horribly unfunny comedy relief character introduced in the movies that kept muscling his way into everything he wasn't supposed to be because he resonated with the lowest common denominator.
>>
File: image.jpg (30 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
30 KB, 400x300
>>
>>121001181
10/10
>>
File: 1417773502719.jpg (30 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1417773502719.jpg
30 KB, 1280x720
>>121006583
but mako was a likeable character, don't know what you're talking about
>>
>>121006781
Mako is the key to all this
>>
>>121001508
i still dont get what exactly a "Mary Sue" is, considering that i've seen vastly different characters / personalities labeled as Mary Sue
>>
>>121001181
Yeah but she's a cute.
>>
>>121001508
I remember that test, but it's quite exaggerated. A lot of characters from popular media in any kind would score pretty high in it.

Plus I'm sure that Ryuuko wouldn't score that high if the test was done objectively.
>>
>>121001181
Shit La shit posters strike again.
>>
>>121001181
You've never once reminded us this, you faggot, it can't be called a daily reminder.
Also, KLK is /co/ related, discuss this there.
>>
thanks for reminding me how awful the prequel movies were OP. You also seem to be reaching real hard to try to make this correlations.
>>
>>121001425
>pick four common elements
>manipulate facts to artificially create a fifth
>claim that the characters are one and the same
>>
>>121001181
entry level analytical skills/10
>>
>>121001181
HEY GUISE I THINK THE ENDING OF KILL LA KILL IS A REFERENCE TO EVANGELION!!1?!
>>
>>121001508
The De-Suefiers saved her, m8.
>>
File: 1398098221927.gif (104 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1398098221927.gif
104 KB, 500x500
>>121007392
I think my life is a reference to Evangelion.
>>
>>121006985
>KLK is /co/ related
wat
>>
>>121001181
If this is the best you can do, then I can guarantee you weren't around for,some of the retarded shit /a/ thought.
>mako is evil
>Nui is a good girl, she's just misunderstood!
>there are 5 more scissors, each is a different color of the rainbow
>the life fiber bullet that never actually got used
>>
>>121002101
Shadow is a waay better character than Ryuko at least.
>>
Were the mods asleep for the last 4 hours?
>>
>>121007786
>hedgehog
>grill
>dick
>boobs
>3D2D
>2D
>Edgy all the time
>occasionally edgy
>asexual
>yuri
>>
File: QUALITY as fuck.png (350 KB, 632x351) Image search: [Google]
QUALITY as fuck.png
350 KB, 632x351
>>121001181
>but isn't
What?
>Motivations and actions don't make sense
Yes they do. Everyone is using her like a tool the entire time (except for mako and a dishrag), therefore she's pissed off at them. Goes for Satsuki & elite 4, Aikuro, even daddy after the twist. It isn't that hard to understand, anon.
She isn't meant to look deep though, just angsty. Even when she has her rage scene in episode 20, Aikuro slowly floats up with his glowing purple nipples trying to calm her down. Last time I checked, that ain't all too serious.
And as I said, she has anger issues because people are always being dicks to her. It's pretty simple.
>>
>>121007632
Toonami is /co/ related
Kill La kill is on toonami
Therefore, KLK is /co/ related.
>>
>>121007758
>>Nui is a good girl, she's just misunderstood!
There are people who still believe this. I can't even begin to comprehend how.
>>121008189
>the dub of a show is being aired on one U.S. channel once a week
>Therefore all discussion about the anime (subbed or dubbed) should move to the western cartoon board, which has rules specifically against posting anime there.

This is how stupid you sound / are.
>>
>>121001181
Friendly reminder to report this thread.
>>
>>121001181

But Ryuko never turned evil (Except when wearing Junketsu) or was an obnoxious whiny shit who had a painful-to-watch romance with some chick
>>
Where is the Zone flash already
>>
>>121001181
>saying "edgy" unironnically

Next time you try a b8 thread, OP, remember to not give away that you are underaged
>>
>>121001181
I think OP is just a babby who gets angry when he sees animu titties, tumblr is the place for shitty baits.
>>
>>121010222
What's the point when you're surrounded by same people?
>>
File: 468.jpg (7 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
468.jpg
7 KB, 300x168
>>121007892
Organization skills are need for these compare and contrast lists to work. Like actually making two separate lists. The way this is written make's it seem like Shadow is the worlds most confusing tranny.
>>
>>121006941
I did this test for Ryuuko after seeing that pic and scored like 75 points

I also did Satsuki, she had like 35 points or something

To be fair a lot of the points for Ryuuko come from the whole "race hybrid" shit that's featured in the test a lot
>>
>>121010947
Satsuki is more of a sue than Ryuuko. Ryuuko has flaws up the ass while Satsuki is literally deemed perfection.
>>
>>121011062
>terrified/enslaved an entire school for the sake of a plan that never worked
>deemed perfection

Literally the typical well-intentioned extremist that only exists to prove the protagonist right
>>
>>121001181
>deep
Retard 3: The Movie
>>
>>121001597
>Actually for at least 2.5 of the films, he's treated as the heroic MC and the second coming of Force Jesus
and then for 4.5 of the movies his cocky attitude,shit actions and motivations backfired and led him to be a huge faggot and the main villain.
If this did happen with Ryuko,she would be a decent character.
>>
>>121011311
>>
File: SatsukiVSRyuukoCliff.jpg (140 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
SatsukiVSRyuukoCliff.jpg
140 KB, 1280x720
>>121001181
At least Ryuuko didn't took like 18 years to get out of her funk.
>>
>>121011546
Actually it took Satsuki 13 years to get out of her funk. It could be said that Ryuko was in her funk her whole life. So yeah, it took her even longer than her older sister.
>>
>>121011708
Funk here means time as a badguy. Satsuki spent 13 years as a villain, and Ryuko spent an hour or so.
>>
Is it just me or is it weird that there is no character in Kill La Kill that just has a big ol' stick? A staff or polearm kinda weaopn?
>>
>>121011849
I thought you mean overall bitch attitude. Your right then. quick question though? How do you think Satsuki's birthdays went down?
>>
This is why we try to only discuss new anime
Every time an older one gets popular again the same level of shitposting returns
>>
>>121006924

The problem is that 'Mary Sue' is one of those terms, like 'tsundere', that has had it's meaning/definition changed over the years by people who discuss fiction in general.

The ORIGINAL meaning of 'Mary Sue' only applies to fanfics. back in the 70's, some woman named Mary Sue (or her character was named Mary Sue) wrote a Star Trek orignal gen. fanfic where she self-inserted herself as this perfect female character, with zero flaws, who all the known characters instantly loved and fawned over, who had a tragic backstory, and who could do anything and everything, and do them better then the original characters.

This became so infamous that this kind of shitty writing and characters, pertaining to self-insert fanfics, took on the name of her character.

However, ever since the advent of the internet age and people actually being able to discuss anime (and all other fiction) en masse, a shitton of the population of the communicating world starting using the term Mary Sue, and its male equivalents, to apply not JUST to fanfic characters, but as a pejorative term to describe actual characters in original fiction as well.

The above is the reason you see SO many people have arguments and get assmad over the term, and say "you don't know what that word means", because they're insisting it still only applies to fanfic characters, and usually because they know and have used it themselves, but are pissed in the current case at hand and are just salty because it's being used to put down a character they like.
>>
>>121011903
We already have enough sexual inuendo with fisting boxers, S&M Disciplinary Committy heads, Disco milf's and Nudist BEEAAAACH!, we don't need another one.
>>
>>121012166
Kill la kill threads are doomed to turn to shit because they don't have any new content to talk about. It usually takes maybe 5 posts for it turn into Nononfag vs Nuifag shitposting.
If it isn't waifu wars, it's just a giant bait thread.
>>
>>121001425
Can we get some hentai of this?
>>
File: SatsukiHalloween.jpg (197 KB, 560x720) Image search: [Google]
SatsukiHalloween.jpg
197 KB, 560x720
>>121011964
>How do you think Satsuki's birthdays went down?

Probably somber days faking gratitude towards Ragyo until Soroi brings Nonon and Iori to light her day a bit. As she grow older however she probably didn't gave her birthday much attention aside of a loud morning congratulation orchestated by Gamagoori or something.

But Satsuki's birthdays will be a lot happier and more animated. There's no way the Mankanshokus will let that pass.
>>
>>121012422

Also, people don't get that a character can be "sue-ISH" and still not be an actual, full-on sue. That is, they can have a bunch of Sue traits, but maybe not ALL of them.

Here are some generally obvious/accepted sue-traits:

-They're a unique special snowflake. (traumatic past, unique bloodlines, cross species/power group lineage, chosen one, etc.) Was there any influence or evidence of this PRIOR to the story?

-Acquires random plot powers/allies/items by sheer coincidence constantly as the plot demands despite doing nothing themselves?

-If not, does everyone have access to (insert important thing here), but it STILL only seems to apply to them?

-How super broken special hax are their powers? Compared to everyone else? Do his/her powers skills seem particularly lazor-suited to the universe/plot/situation they find themselves in, like they were designed for it?

-If not themselves, or even IF themselves, do everyone they happen to know and/or ally with happen to be the most skilled/knowledgeable/etc. people in the story? Does he coincdentally meet/ally with only the most useful people who all end up liking/allying with him for story convenience?

-Is his 'party' just an extension of his own skillset to make him/her look good, but he's generally credited with everything and gets to do all the really important stuff?

-Is he acquainted with every individual of importance central to his fictional universe, good or bad? How does this compare in proportion to how "normal" or completely unconnected he was in his/her 'normal life' prior to the story?

-Does everyone not an antagonist seem to exist to flegellate his/her cock/vag000? Both metaphorically in terms of reputation, and literally.

-Does he/she effortlessly find an A++ rated love interest outside his/her usual sphere of influence basically by existing? Are they considered A++ ranked in universe, also a special snowflake? Would he/she normally have any chance with them?

-Does he/she get a harem?
>>
>>121007523
How have you not commit suicide yet?
>>
>>121001425
ryuuko didn't kill a bunch of sandniggers or kill her significant other
Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.