[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: SHIT ANIME NOBODY HAS EVER DEFENDED ON THIS BOARD
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 9
File: 109348974_orig.png (238 KB, 500x263) Image search: [Google]
109348974_orig.png
238 KB, 500x263
ITT: SHIT ANIME NOBODY HAS EVER DEFENDED ON THIS BOARD
>>
>>120987912
If that's it's official art I can think of a million reasons why /a/ hasn't defended it.
>>
File: a.png (528 KB, 1024x600) Image search: [Google]
a.png
528 KB, 1024x600
so trash
>>
File: 813o0Wac6lL._AA_.jpg (353 KB, 1753x1507) Image search: [Google]
813o0Wac6lL._AA_.jpg
353 KB, 1753x1507
Did anyone defend this? I barely saw any discussion on it or maybe I picked it too late and dropped it too fast.
>>
>>120988811
Nice bait
>>
>>120987912

Is that gilgamesh?
>>
>>120988749
The characters and their designs are mediocre as fuck but the art itself is not so bad.
>>
I regret everything.
>>
Wan Piss
>>
>>120989792
>implying this was a good adaptation of berserk
OKay
>>
>>120989971
This.
Not even secondary school immature fangirling fujos have ever defended this.
And they're the type to really squeal at otome games.
>>
>>
>>120987912
Nigga pls, a lot of autists defend F/SN daily from shitposters
>>
>>120989971
How would feminists feel about this?
>>
>>120987912
Mahou Sensou was universally agreed upon as the worst anime of 2014.

Anyone who says something else that year was worse has never actually watched all of Mahou Sensou.
>>
>>120990541
I watched this shit when it aired expecting some light hearted comfy bullshit, instead I got the most boring anime in existence. Fuck this show.
>>
>>120987912
I really don't understand why everyone shit on this anime while there are shows like Absolute Duo or Isuca that basically the same shit.
>>
cross ange
>>
>>120990598
Considering that the source material is read and bought 90% by women, why do you care?
>>
>>120990617
>worst anime of 2014.
>Mahouka
>SAO 2
>AZ

Though that's hardly in defense of Mahou Sensou. But in 2014 you had your pick of the litter as far as garbage was concerned.
>>
>>120990704
Pretty sure it was started after a battle scene between bamboo sword and real sword.
>>
>>120990734
I only watched the fist 8 episodes of Cross Anal, but I still found it rather amusing. It wasn't that bad.
>>
>>120990826
Mahou Sensou was so bad the production team stopped before it even finished.
>>
Holy crap that anime just popped up in my recommended anime pane.
I heard the plot sucks dick so I didn't even bother, even though it has great art.
>>
The Beserk anime was fucking terrible compared to the manga.
>>
>>120990704
To be fair, I haven't seen a lot of people defending Isuca. I thought it would be a timewaster I could watch after the first two episodes but the third one was ridiculously terrible.
>>
File: imouto is unusual.jpg (29 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
imouto is unusual.jpg
29 KB, 480x360
probably the most generic, unconclusive and bland show Ive seen in years, filled with extremely unlikeable and stupid characters.

and Im generally a pretty chill guy when it comes to watching guilty pleasures just for fanservice, but not even I could enjoy this.
>>
>>120990897
Premise is great though.
>>
>>120991013
What? That was good, it has story and development, and fanservices of course. Seeing girl slowly fall in love to her brother and accept the ghost as her friend.
>>
>>120990734
Cross Ange is a crazy ride that changes direction every week but at least it's fun. People usually admit it isn't a good show but there's still a following.
>>
>>120989753
This show had such potential...
>>
>>120990884
>>120991004
It really isn't worse than any fantasy battle harem airing this season, the only thing I remember being bad is the ending, I can also mention generic as fuck characters but you can't expect somehing other when watching a harem.
>>
>>120989971
>>120990455

I'll defend this. The guys are decent (minus the creepy shota but whatever). I really like the dominance thing. Its not for everyone, but I dont see why stuff like this gets bashed. Because its not pc? Because everyone needs to be a strong independent woman who don't put up with no guff? God forbid girls are attracted to aggressive guys with darker personalities. Nobody whines if guys like female tsunderes like Rin or Asuka or whatever.

Also fujos =/= otome game readers.
>>
>>120988811
It has great music, and at the very least does a much better job than the movies.
Too bad they had to cut so much out near the end, though, up until that it was doing good, and the first episode was much more well put together than the Black Swordsman arc.
>>
>>120990617
I still think Glasslip is worse.

Mahou Sensou is just an extra terrible generic harem adaptation.

Glasslip, on the other hand, is an original made by a fairly well regarded studio. Which means you can't even chalk it up as being a rushed adaptation made to sell the source material.

Worst of all: it's high quality shit. Unlike crap like Wizard Barristers, the animation is fairly decent. As is the music. Yet it still manages to be complete shit.

Think of it this way: in a "shittiest anime competition", the simplest way to win the competition would be resort to QUALITY animation. But Glasslip is able to win that title without resorting to such cheap tactics. It's like someone sat down at a meeting and asked: "how can we create the shittiest anime possible?". There is just no possible way they accidentally created something that bad; I just can't see how anyone could look at the finished product and say "yup, we did well!"

Glasslip is just shit incarnate. After you slog through it you will have gained literally nothing of value and will have wasted 299 minutes of your life. Chances are, you will also have become a bit stupider and might even reach the point where you consider suicide. That's how bad it is.
>>
>>120990826
>AZ
I never get why people act like A/Z is on the level of Valvrave or Guilty Crown.

It's average as fuck but not something worthy of hatred. If not for Urobuchi and Aoki being attached to it, it would be forgotten halfway through its airing like Argevollen.
>>
File: shit.jpg (2 MB, 2428x2292) Image search: [Google]
shit.jpg
2 MB, 2428x2292
Himiko-Den

A total shit.
>>
File: 779c3144.png (395 KB, 610x519) Image search: [Google]
779c3144.png
395 KB, 610x519
This was so shit, i don't this have any fans
>>
>>120991394
But Glasslip isn't a shitty adaptation of an even shittier LN. One thing I don't think many people give P.A. works enough credit for is just how much original anime they produce where as other studios are just looking for the next shitty LN to adapt into an equally shitty anime.

That said Glasslip is far from their best work and at best it's a contrived drama with an ending that leaves much to be desired. But at least I felt like the series had the potential to go places until near the end where as with shitty LN adaptations my expectations are shot from the get go.
>>
>>120991597
I like the OP
>>
>>120991597
My imouto likes it.
>>
>>120991597
I also dropped it really fast since it was boring as fuck. Is it true that the big battle they were setting up from the beginning didn't even happen?
>>
>>120991493
It's worse than both. I wouldn't hesitate for a second to name it the worst mecha of 2014 and likely the current decade thus far.

It tries desperately to present itself as a RR war drama (which Argevollen did a much better job of) but at this point it's almost entirely focused on Eggs (the worst attempt at the "silent but competent" mech protagonist i've seen to date) and Slaine. It then throws in a bunch of retarded martians in MotW mechs taking the absolutely most retarded approach to invading a planet.

Add on the fact that people are "killed" for nothing more than shock value and it only gets worse.
>>
>>120991493
Crown >>>>> valvrave >> aldnoah
>>
>>120990826
You have to be seriously retarded if you think SAO, Mahouka, or AZ are as bad as Mahou Sensou or any low budget harem adaptation.

Yeah they're overrated as fuck and not that good, but to say they're on that level just makes you look like a retarded hating on popular things solely because they're popular.
>>
File: samurai7zy11.jpg (219 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
samurai7zy11.jpg
219 KB, 1024x768
It was one of those shows where I sat down, watched the whole thing, and then immediately forgot everything about it.
>>
>>120992147
Budget is a volatile thing anon. While it's reasonable to judge anime based on how they look they ultimately don't get to choose how much capital they have to work with.

SAO and Mahouka were popular before they got adaptations due to appealing to the lowest common denominator, so it follows that they would have higher production values.
>>
>>120991497
the only thing good about that was the OP
>>
There's not much to talk about when you discuss utter trash anime.

What's worse than terrible anime, is anime that started out really good and became absolute shit.
>>
>>120992476
Only in the case where you watched both.

Yeah you could argue that anime that are terrible throughout can be avoided or dropped early where as anime that turn to shit often leave you with an obligation to finish it. Though the way I see it anime that become shitty at least gave me a good albeit temporary experience, much the same way with manga that get axed.
>>
>>120992417
That's not the point. Even from a writing perspective SAO/Mahouka/AZ beat out terrible things like Mahou Sensou or any of the terrible harem adaptations this season.

Sure they appeal to that certain group that eats anything up, no matter how shallow it is. But it's not like they try to be anything more than that. To say they are some of the worst anime is like saying the Transformers movies are the worst movies ever. They're not; there are far more less popular movies that are even worse.

You sound like one of those idiots who thinks he has good taste because he believes SAO is literally the worst anime ever created. Treating popular shows harsher than other shows just makes you look like a faggot.
>>
>>120992727
I don't know why you're so desperately trying to paint me as someone who simply hates popular anime. Rather than even considering the notion that popularity shouldn't have any influence on the quality of an anime or that someone else might genuinely dislike them more than something more obscure you see fit to create this imaginary quality threshold for popular anime almost as if you secretly believe in ad populum arguments.
>>
>>120990617
Pupa.
>>
What really pissed me off about glasslip is that it was hard to drop because every episode ended making you think the next one was going to reveal something huge or that it was finally going to get exciting and possibly redeeming itself. Like when Sachi was revealed to have been to manipulating headband and it seems like she's going to crush his feeling then she just confesses to him and Touko saying she likes both of them
>>
>>120990617
Ping Pong is worse, that shit is a disgrace to animation
>>
>>120991683
It happened, they crammed the entire fucking tournament into one fucking episode
The OVA is pretty good though
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.