[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are Old Movies/OVAs/Series that you're watching right
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: gunnm_vi.jpg (49 KB, 430x557) Image search: [Google]
gunnm_vi.jpg
49 KB, 430x557
What are Old Movies/OVAs/Series that you're watching right now, /a/ ? (anything before 2000)

For OVA : currently I'm going to watch Battle Angel Alita OVA, Ushio to Tora, Appleseed OVA, Birdy the Mighty OVA, and Patlabor OVA.

Also watching Miyuki series, and Utena series.

For Movie I just planned to watch Ninja Scroll.
>>
>>120949332
>Battle Angel Alita OVA
Do yourself a favor and just read the first manga.

And after you finish Birdy go and watch the two Decode series.

Patlabor is a classic/masterpiece so watch absolutely everything associated with it.
>>
The last pre-2000s anime I watched were Macross 7 and its side materials. It was an absolute blast.

I can't decide if my favourite Macross is the original, 7 or Plus.
>>
>>120949332
Watching Marco at the moment.
>>
I watched Vampire Hunter D the other day. And planning on watching Area 88.
>>
>>120949546
I love Do You Remember Love so much, and I keep meaning to watch SDF Macross, but everytime I get that itch I just end up wanting to rewatch DYRL instead.

especially since the romance aspect is supposedly more a movie thing than in the show
>>
Don't bother with the Ushio to Tora OVAs. Wait ill the new anime.
>>
>>120949468
Yeah, I do read the manga, just a little bit curious about the OVA.
>>
>>120949964
I just want to give it a shot before watching the new series. Is the manga worth to read ?
>>
>>120949880
The triangle drama doesn't work nearly as well in DYRL. Hikaru and Minmay spend, what 20 minutes together in the film? The resolution in the movie is more satisfying, though.

The TV series also has a lot more of that Macross goofiness I love so much. Lolicon 3 forever.
>>
>>120950035
Is the battle of the sexes still a big theme in the show?
The whole man cant exist without women, and vice versa, thign.
>>
Just finished Mobile Suit Gundam, it was kind of boring but had enough nice moments. I'm excited to start Zeta Gundam soon
>>
Watched the Patlabor movie and about to watch the second.
>>
>>120950096
Not really. The male and female Zentradi live separately but work in unison, for example. I don't think the term "Meltrandi" is even used in the TV series.
>>
>>120949332

Last retro shows I watched was SDF Macross and Blazing Transfer Student, currently at the end of Spiral Labyrinth where Yang has just been placed in charge of the prison planet after the uprising, after that I'm going to finish Agent Aika and MAYBE watch Betterman or something by Matsumoto since I have a large folder of all of his stuff.

>>120950097

You'll enjoy Zeta, my only problem it didn't really feel like it was going anywhere plot wise once you got to a certain part, you will know what I mean when you get there but it's a great improvement over 79.

Zeta also has the best opening too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSycojV_L1A

Are EG for Gundam 0079 really that better over Zeonic Corps? That's who I used for them and I was wondering if it was worth switching for the purposes of archiving since I've nearly got everything Universal Century related in my Gundam directory.
>>
Watching this set: http://nishikataeiga.blogspot.ca/2014/12/japanese-art-animation-film-collection.html
>>
>>120950282
Weird, that was another thing I really liked in the movie. Im not much of a mecha fan or anything.

Im sure Im going to watch the show eventually, I like the movie too much not too, but its still weird hearing how different it is.
>>
>>120949332

Bumping to say I just started legend of the galactic heroes with the prequel movie.
>>
Devilman and SPT Layzner
>>
>>120949468
I didn't like the second Patlabor movie at all.
It's a pointless existence.
>>
>>120950555
dat intro though.
>>
>>120950317
Does Zeonic Corps only have the DVD release? I haven't seen it but yes, EG would definitely be better, it looks beautiful in 720p
>>
>>120950460
>Devilman
TV or OVA?
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.