[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I think Nasu is mentally challenged. Fate/Stay Night is an awful
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 6
I think Nasu is mentally challenged.
Fate/Stay Night is an awful VN and half the stuff Nasu says doesn't make sense.
He contradicts the rules of his own world build time and time again.
His MC, Shirou, wants to become something as fancy as a "seigi no mikata" even though he doesn't even understand what exactly it would mean to be one. It's as if I said I wanted to be an astronaut even though I don't know what outer space is.
>>
You lost me.
>>
>>120713146
Both the points in that pic are very true.
>>
File: Seven-Baits.jpg (95 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Seven-Baits.jpg
95 KB, 640x480
This bait is an eyesore.
>>
>>120713146
Roll with the punches anon-kun. With some anime series, it's best that you don't take them too seriously. It's probably an open secret that everybody who enjoys the series, considers the Nasu-verse abundant with plot holes and contradictions.
>>
>Translations = author's original words

You could not be more retarded if you tried.
>>
File: 4-chan-Archer-dragon-age.jpg (233 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
4-chan-Archer-dragon-age.jpg
233 KB, 1920x1080
Did nasu make the entirety of f:s/n while still in high school?

that's some seriously high level autism/chuuni there.
>>
File: 10 out of 10 writing.png (434 KB, 924x522) Image search: [Google]
10 out of 10 writing.png
434 KB, 924x522
>>120713146
>Nasu's writing is questionable at times
Also the sky is wet and water is blue.
>>
>>120713146
Fate/Stay Night is vastly inferior to Tsukihime.
>>
>>120714056
Every translations of every format of Nasu's works has similar kinds of flaws.
What you're saying could make sense in other circumstances, but when it comes to Nasu it doesn't hold up.
I find it hard to believe that every translator of every one of Nasu's adaptations made so many mistakes.
Strangely it rarely happens with the works of other people, but somehow it always happens to Nasu.
Gee.
>>
>>120714168
How did he manage to become so popular though?
Even One Piece or Naruto deserve their fame more than Nasu.
>>
>>120713146
>It's as if I said I wanted to be an astronaut even though I don't know what outer space is.
Uh, kids do EXACTLY this all the time. I know you're trolling, but come on. Hell, most people wouldn't be able to grasp enough physics to be an astronaut.
>>
>>120714385
Thing is, Shirou is no longer a kid. Yet he keeps saying the stuff he used to say back when he was a kid.
That's what led me to think both him and Nasu are mentally challenged.
>>
>>120714258

Well done bait-kun, your post is so idiotic it warrants a response:

Nasu's writing is enjoyed by many due to its quirks. It is these same quirks that makes translating it difficult. Every translator who has ever tackled a Nasu project has always commented on these quirks nearly without exception and their choice of how to relate them to the reader is a topic of constant debate:

See: Cokesato's Empty Boundaries
>>
>>120714440

The ENTIRE point of Shirou is that he is a staunch idealist, he is effectively a kid emotionally that never grew past that point in the fire until the end of UBW or Heaven's Feel.
>>
>>120714440
>implying teenagers and adults are automatically mature
I know this is 4chan, but even you should know better.
>>
>>120714449
Not making any sense is one of his quirks? Because that's what all the translators manage to communicate.
Let's face it, Nasu has a hard time keeping his own universe under control. The issue is that he has the pretense of making a somehow coherent set of rules but he doesn't live up to his own expectations, thus he ends up breaking his own rules.
He should either loosen up and say "lol, it's magic I ain't explain shit" or try to follow his rules more closely.
Yet he can't resist the temptation of plot twists that totally bend the rules he previously stated.
That's why he fails so hard.
>>
>>120714168
Hey that's mostly TakaJun though. Purportedly the original moon is marginally better.
>>
>>120714949
Barely.
Has much more purple prose in general though
>>
>>120714882
If you haven't realized that rules in the nasuverse exist only so that his characters look more badass when breaking them then I don't know what to tell you.
>>
>>120714882
explain were he broke his own rules, use examples form the stuff he wrote rather than adaptions
>>
>>120713146
>His MC, Shirou, wants to become something as fancy as a "seigi no mikata" even though he doesn't even understand what exactly it would mean to be one. It's as if I said I wanted to be an astronaut even though I don't know what outer space is.

that's the fucking whole point of the story. "What does it mean to be a hero?", "Can you be a hero?", "Is being a hero worth it?". Are you complaining that a character goes through development?
>>
>>120714882
>Because that's what all the translators manage to communicate.

[Citation Needed]

Hell, fuck waiting for a citation. Let's just look at this logically: Why are people spending hours upon hours translating for a writer they think makes no sense at all.

Answer: They don't and you're being a facetious asshole

Instead: We have confirmed evidence (i.e. not anecdotal bullshit like yours) from cokesato's blog that Nasu's writing is very whimsically Japanese and you either:

Translate that literally - Garden of Sinners

Stick in references that only partially work in english - Fate / Stay Night

Replace them wholesale: Empty Boundaries
>>
>I'm retarded, I can't pay attention or understand what's going on in babby's first fucking VN, nor understand that sometimes people get trapped in irratioonal mindsets

Alternatively:

>I'm too retarded to read, and I think that an anime adaption of a 40+ hour VN should be able to include all the small plot points that foreshadow/make up for percieved inconsitencies
>>
File: peopledie_ab_mapotofu.jpg (79 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
peopledie_ab_mapotofu.jpg
79 KB, 1280x720
>>120713146
>People die when they are killed
You got a message from Kotomine here.
>>
>>120715102
>Why are people spending hours upon hours translating for a writer they think makes no sense at all.

'Cause this world is full of idiots like yourself so they're totally fine with things that don't make sense.
They actually think it's cool.
>>
>>120715341
>No citation

Who would do such a thing?! Just come on the internet and lie?!

In short: You made that shit up about Nasu's translator's thinking he writes nonsense and you have no rebuttal but to call me an idiot.

Bravo. Bravo.
>>
>>120715065
>that's the fucking whole point of the story. "What does it mean to be a hero?", "Can you be a hero?", "Is being a hero worth it?". Are you complaining that a character goes through development?

If you don't know "what does it mean to be a hero", how can you say "I want to be a hero"?
He wants to be something he doesn't know what is.
That's pretty retarded if you ask me.
>>
>>120715447
He has a pretty good idea of what he means when he says he wants to be a hero, he wants to save people and shit. This isn't rocket magic.
>>
>>120715447
>He wants to be something he doesn't know what is.
No shit.

THAT'S THE WHOLE FUCKING POINT OF THE VN
>>
>>120715447
He knows his father was a hero, and he looked up to him so much, he wanted to follow in his footsteps. Throughout the story he learns more about his father, he learns more about his ideal, and comes to alternate decisions about his dream depending on the route.

This isn't hard nigger. Maybe read the story.
>>
>>120715447
He wants to save people.
>>
>>120715518
>He knows his father was a hero, and he looked up to him so much.
He looked up to him because he was a gullible kid.
If he knew half the shit Kiritsugu had done during his life, he would have a different opinion of him.
What makes Shirou a huge idiot is that he has such a firm belief in something he doesn't understand. Even worse he sometimes seems self-aware of his own lack of understanding, hence he doubts at times, though ultimately he doesn't steer away too much from his starting point.
He is a contradictory character. If he were truly naive he would not question his ideal. If he weren't truly naive he wouldn't believe in them to the extent he does. He's awfully written.
>>
Fuck this bait. Nasu thread.

You wake up as Shirou, what do you do?
>>
>>120715811
It's almost like it's a story about Shirou growing up
>>
>>120715811
>He is a contradictory character
But is that not the entire point of UBW? That "beautiful contradiction"?
>>
>>120715811
>He looked up to him because he was a gullible kid.

Kerry saved his life and was a literal fucking wizard. Pretty sure any kid at first glance would think he's the bee's knees.

>If he knew half the shit Kiritsugu had done during his life, he would have a different opinion of him.

He does learn though. Christ did you read the story? This is half the shit that makes him waver on his ideal.

Throughout the story Shirou gets called out on the issues of his beliefs, and depending on the route he comes to different conclusions. The fact that his thought process isn't bullet proof isn't bad writing when that's half the point.
>>
File: Meidos.png (128 KB, 350x492) Image search: [Google]
Meidos.png
128 KB, 350x492
>>120715861

RAPE THE MAIDS
A
P
E
>>
>>120715898
That's what Nasu would want it to be, but he fails because Shirou is not written as a believable character. He is supposedly naive in his belief about heroes yet he has thoughts that are out of character.
Nasu wished to portray inner conflict but the end result is blatant nonsense.
>>
>>120715914
I still don't see the "contradiction"
Atleast if you don't mean understanding that it's impossible as contradiction
>>
>>120713146
>His MC, Shirou, wants to become something as fancy as a "seigi no mikata" even though he doesn't even understand what exactly it would mean to be one.

it's the point of his story
>>
>>120716015
Shiki plz go
>>
>>120715861
fuck sakura, then kill myself because there is no chance i will survive the war
>>
>>120716015
Sella is a miracle of the universe
>>
>>120716020
>He is supposedly naive in his belief about heroes yet he has thoughts that are out of character

Such as?
>>
>>120716001
>Throughout the story Shirou gets called out on the issues of his beliefs, and depending on the route he comes to different conclusions.

Yeah, like when he fights Archer in UBW.
He just keeps being in denial and doesn't really come up with any positive answer. He just stands there, refusing to go down because he has plot armor and plot punches.
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.