[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Team aims to pierce moon with Evangelion’s Spear of Longinus
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
Hakuto, Japan’s first civilian team that aims to send an unmanned lunar expedition, unveiled the “Project to Pierce the Moon With the Spear of Longinus” on Friday. The project is part of the 20th anniversary of the Neon Genesis Evangelion anime, and Hakuto is the only team from Japan competing for the Google Lunar XPRIZE.

The project aims to recreate (with real-world contraints) the scene in the anime where the Evangelion Unit-00 hurls the Spear of Longinus, which eventually lands on the lunar surface. The crowd-funding site Readyfor is hosting a campaign to raise 100 million yen (about US$1 million) in funds necessary to accomplish this goal. The campaign runs until April 5.

Source: http://en.rocketnews24.com/2015/01/31/team-aims-to-pierce-moon-with-evangelions-spear-of-longinus-2/

Official link:
https://readyfor.jp/projects/evangelion/
>>
Them nips better get spot on when they launch that thing because if it falls short and renters Earth's atmosphere it will probably hit the ground with enough force to obliterate an entire city.

>If the campaign meets its goal, a 240-millimeter (9.4-inch) spear will launch aboard a spacecraft from America between the end of 2015 and the end of 2016.
Oh, I guess it's not remotely close to actual size. Or even normal spear size. It's like launching a kebab stick into space.
>>
They're not even throwing it to the moon.
Making it land in a rover and then sticking it into the ground is for babies.

I'm sure it would be cheaper to launch the spear by itself instead of using a spacecraft to do it.
>>
File: 1400221488527.png (106 KB, 418x605) Image search: [Google]
1400221488527.png
106 KB, 418x605
Anno has outdone himself.

Dear christ, I hope /a/'s secret richfags are on top of this.

If there isn't "Rei a shit", "Asuka a shit" written in broken moon on it i'm gonna be fucking dissapointed.
>>
>>120660094
Good fucking luck
http://www.narutoforums.com/blog.php?b=17152
>>
>>120660837
>implying there are richfags here.
>>
>>120661224

Who knows there might be some lottoryfag living the neet life around here.
>>
>>120661273
If a neet won the lottery, they'd spend it all on better internet, a better computer, and probably a plethora of other otaku related stuff. So, what I'm saying is, that they'd spend all of the money in the span of a few months.
>>
>>120660380
what an easy way to scam faggots.
>>
>>120661414

>neet wins $5000 in lottery
>>
I hope it doesn't happen just because I don't want to see people talking about NGE on fucking western news
>>
>>120661547
>Buys mountain of Visual Novels
>>
>sending it to the moon
>instead of giving me the replica
Anno is a fucking faggot

Where can I get a Longinus replica
>>
>>120661224
Here we have NEET poor people who have nothing to lose from constantly doing nothing but watching anime AND rich people that don't need to do shit but watch anime.
There's no middle ground.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.