[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are there so many "just finished this" threads
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: 1406077225275.png (178 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1406077225275.png
178 KB, 500x500
Why are there so many "just finished this" threads lately? Right now on the catalog there are quite a few of them. Are these mostly newfags?
>>
Organized raid by IRC. Confirmed.
>>
Do people really finish anything they started watching? I was under the impression everyone here watched only 10 episodes of every show.
>>
>>120459970
Is there a problem talking about anime on /a/?

Sometimes these threads are a good chance to talk about series that you haven't seen in a while
>>
>>120462579
No its just the way that people start a thread. Like
I just finish X so let's talk
Hey /a/ do you like X?
Why does /a/ hate X?

The problem is that people start a thread without starting a real discussion about the show.
>>
>>120462769
Catalog and generals made people ridiculously lazy and with little care for OP beyond the subject.
>>
>>120459970
>Why are there so many "just finished this" threads lately?

This happens every time the seasons roll over.

When the previous season wraps up there is often a lag before the new seasons titles debut. It is especially bad in the winter transition due to the long new years shutdown. In that down time where there are no new subs people start to attack their backlog.

You will see a spike in recommendation threads for the first week of the month, and throughout the month you will see people making "I just finished watching..." or "What did /a/ think of this?" threads.
>>
Newfags everywhere with the compulsion to blog about their accomplishment.

They dont know how to skillfully start a conversation.
>>
File: 1410451578747.png (51 KB, 213x176) Image search: [Google]
1410451578747.png
51 KB, 213x176
>>120463652
This.

These blogging fucknuts are all over other boards as well with their personal blogs.
>>
>>120463652
>skillfully start a conversation.

The way you word it is pretty autistic, but you're right.

Most of these threads are just "it was pretty good, don't you reckon?" "Yeah I agree OP!" "OP is a faggot, get out"

Oh well, just wait for school holidays to be over.
>>
File: 1372971510505.gif (893 KB, 384x216) Image search: [Google]
1372971510505.gif
893 KB, 384x216
>>120459970
>Why are there so many "just finished this" threads lately?

That reminds me, i recently finished zetsuen no tempest, hakase was best girl.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.