[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Crab is giving me some really mixed signals here. "I was
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (125 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
125 KB, 1920x1080
Crab is giving me some really mixed signals here. "I was nearly raped", "I was almost raped", "He was only interested in my body".

What the fuck is it? She's implying her body was taken, but her lips are untouched, yet in the third episode she clearly said she was a "late-blooming virgin with mental health issues"
Or is the whole point to not be sure whether she's had a dick inside her or not? This honestly ruined what would have been a beautiful moment. The vagueness of her words completely killed the mood.
>>
>>120343582
>The vagueness of her words completely killed the mood.

Welcome to women, anon.
>>
She means she's a kissless virgin.
>>
>>120343582
She was raped, it's made pretty clear. Crab though is too proud to fully confess.
I need to rewatch her arc with Kaiki actually, can't remember how heavily implied their sexual relationship was or if it was just flirting.
Either way, she's had dick before she had Swagaragagi's
>>
>>120343582
>She's implying her body was taken
She's not. She fought him off before he raped her. She's just saying he didn't even try to kiss her.
>>
>>120343779
>>120343896
I hope you're right, because I'm really enjoying this and I don't want to drop it.
>>
>>120343821
>it's made pretty clear
How exactly? All we get is information from her and she never straight said she was raped. At best she was groped.

About Kaiki's relationship there's 0 sexual relationship implied. He simply states that she was in love with him to mock her and Araragi and she later states that she fell in love with Kaiki for the same reason he fell in love with Araragi.
>>
The point she was making was that, while she's not ready yet for sex due to the trauma of the attempted rape, since there was no attempt at kissing her from the attacker, she's already okay with Araragi kissing her.
>>
>>120343821
People thinking Kaiki would actually fuck Crab truly don't understand his character.
>>
>>120343582
She explicitly states that she was the victim of a rape attempt but managed to fight of her attacker. She says this at least twice herself, and I'm pretty sure Araragi even monologues about it in his head one time to explain it if you didn't get it the first time.

How is any of this too vague or ambiguous?
>>
>>120343582
>Or is the whole point to not be sure whether she's had a dick inside her or not?
Are you an idiot?
>>
>>120343582
You're saying that her specifying that she wasn't raped means it is implied she actually was raped, and for some reason her statement that she had yet to have her first kiss somehow contradicts her earlier statement that she's a virgin.

Are you insane?
>>
>>120343582
Refer to Episode 2 of Bake for that.
>>120343821
It was a fake. Although Kaiki has his own moral code, it doesn't involve engaging in a relationship with someone much younger than him.
>>
>>120344012
Why would you drop it?
>>
>>120343821
>it's made pretty clear
No, it isn't. It's made pretty clear that there was something attempted that traumatised her. But nothing beyond that.
>>
>>120345734
Heroines must be pure. Hell, people dropped Spice and Wolf when Holo teased Lawrence about past lovers even though she never had any.
>>
>>120344957
Quite.
>>120345734
>continuing to watch a series where the MC's love interest isn't a virgin
Why wouldn't I drop it?
>>
>>120345851
Seems like a silly reason to drop a show you otherwise enjoy now doesn't it?
>>
>>120345734
Purityfags being purityfags.
>>
File: 1412828509179.jpg (38 KB, 340x480) Image search: [Google]
1412828509179.jpg
38 KB, 340x480
>>120345820
>>120345851
>Disgusting neckbeard Otaku man children actually believe this.
>>
File: 1420734531764.gif (4 MB, 310x288) Image search: [Google]
1420734531764.gif
4 MB, 310x288
>>120345820
>Heroine must be pure
>>
She wanted Kaiki's dick, thought that he was going to rape her but clearly he wasn't going to if you watched his arc.
>>
She wasn't raped. There was an attempt but she stabbed him in the hand.
>>
>>120345923
Not at all, actually.
>>120345972
Back to /b/, retard.
>>
File: 1400251553150.jpg (26 KB, 370x347) Image search: [Google]
1400251553150.jpg
26 KB, 370x347
>>120346265
>Drops shows based on the status of the virginity of made up 2D girls
>Ralls others "retard"
>>
People don't actually drop shows over shit like purity right?
>>
>>120346386
I do if it involves rape during a series for nothing more than shock.
>Wolf Guy AKA Rape Guy
>Literally like 10 chapters of rape of the main girl
>Blacksmith that was later retconned
If she had sex with a previous lover?
Who cares.
>>
>People actually thinking she was raped
I bet you're the same ones who think Araragi fucked Karen.

I could be laughing about this all eternity.
>>
>>120346200
Kaiki wasn't the one who tried to rape her you retard.
>>
>>120346477
That makes sense since you're dropping it because the writing and plot is retarded.

If you enjoy a show, why would something as irrelevant as a characters virginity make you drop it? Unless it drastically affects the plot or something, but I can't think of an example.

In Monogatari however, if Crab had actually been raped instead of almost raped, nothing in the show would really change at all. If anything it would have made their relationship even more romantic.
>>
>>120347069
Yeah no I agree.
On the other hand though there usually isn't much reason on bringing up previous sex relationships to begin with.

Most people don't even do that in real life unless explicitly asked. Ignorance is bliss.
>>
>>120347069
>nothing in the show would really change at all
>it would have made their relationship even more romantic
You are not making much sense here. You think that a traumatic event that DIDN'T happen yet it still affects Hitagi wouldn't change the story if it actually has happened?

Plus by that logic, being a pure maiden virgin changes nothing. Why not make her a non-virgin?
>>
>>120345820
>even though she never had any.
I thought she did, Lawrence just doesn't like to hear about them.
>>
>>120347114
I think it's because most anime goes out of its way to let the audience know that all the girls are pure kissless virgins and ideal waifu material please buy the merchandise. Even when it barely makes sense like with older ladies and girls who act like sluts.
>>
>>120347243
If I remember correctly, the guy who got her to make the contract with the village was the first human she had a relationship with, and it is implied that it was platonic. Holo just pretends to be a slut to tease Lawrence.
>>
>>120347274
That's exactly it.
Now, I love me some pure kissless virgins. But it isn't going to stop me from reading/watching something if they aren't.

I'd like to see some experienced girls, but it'd never fly in Japan.
>>
>>120347215
The point I was trying to make is that if Crab really was raped she'd still have similar trauma and she would still not want to be sexual with Araragi in episode 12.

Really in almost all cases a characters virginity has almost no impact on the story in any way and is almost exclusively to pander to the Otaku.
>>
>>120347243
When he asks her straight up about it she gives him a "do you seriously not get the joke you retard" look. Holo avoided romantic relationships before meeting Lawrence; it's part of the reason she tries to sabotage theirs in S2.
>>
Let me clarify some things for you:
Senjougahara wasn't raped.
It's probable that Senjougahara liked Kaiki.
Senjougahara didn't have any kind of romantic or sexual relationship with Kaiki.
Senjougahara and Araragi fucked in Nisemonogatari, and possibly later too.
Araragi didn't fuck Karen.

Not that you didn't know.
>>
>>120347363
It happens, just not that often and especially not in haremshit and idolshit where the entire purpose of the show is to present perfect girls to the target audience.

Personally I love me some pure untainted waifubait, but when 99.99% of the girls are pure maidens it gets kinda old, just once I'd like a total slut to be in a harem and see how that works out.
>>
>>120347378
>Really in almost all cases a characters virginity has almost no impact on the story in any way
Exactly. In fact, almost all cases where the character states that it is not a virgin is because that information is bound to have an effect sooner or later in the story.
Nevertheless it's stupid to stop watching a show because someone isn't a virgin no matter what.

>It's probable that Senjougahara liked Kaiki.
She confirms that she indeed liked Kaiki to Araragi.
>>
>>120347593
There was Red in that one brother-sister anime who most definitely had sex with other men, but that anime was shit.
>>
>>120347628
>She confirms that she indeed liked Kaiki to Araragi.
When?
>>
File: 1384314024597.gif (847 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
1384314024597.gif
847 KB, 480x270
>>120347422
>Araragi didn't fuck Karen.

Don't listen to this man's lies.
>>
wat animu dis
>>
>>120347677
While Araragi and Senjogahara go to see Kaiki in Nisemonogatari.
At some point in the conversation Kaiki mocks her by saying that she was in love with him too. After the conversation is over she admits that it's true that she liked him for the same reason that she likes Araragi.
>>
>>120347871
>Kaiki: Farewell.
>Araragi: You fell in love with him?
>Senjougahara: What was that?
>Senjougahara: Araragi-kun, did you just attempt
>Senjougahara: to confirm the virginity of the girl you're dating?
>Senjougahara: Of course not.
>Senjougahara: That would never happen.
>Senjougahara: He's simply mistaken.
>Senjougahara: What an insult.
>Senjougahara: Disgusting...{I'd like to emphasize this but am afraid if I italicize it people will think it's internal dialogue}
>Senjougahara: But at that time,
>Senjougahara: anyone who attempted to save me
>Senjougahara: would have seemed a prince,
>Senjougahara: no matter what kind of person they were.
>Senjougahara: I won't deny that
>Senjougahara: I did feel somewhat positively toward that con man.
>Senjougahara: He was still the first...
>Senjougahara: I've discussed this before, so I won't dwell on it.
>Senjougahara: If anyone other than you had saved me,
>Senjougahara: it's possible I would have fallen in love with them too.
>Senjougahara: When I think about that, it infuriates me.
>Senjougahara: I'm so glad you were the one who did...
>Araragi: Oshino would say
>Araragi: that you were just saved by yourself.
>Senjougahara: Possibly.
>Senjougahara: Let's go home.
>Senjougahara: It's getting late.
>Araragi: Oh, right, Senjougahara...
>Araragi: Before we leave, tell me that request you had.
>Araragi: What are you going to make me do?
>Senjougahara: Nothing special.
>Senjougahara: I didn't need that con man to tell me.
>Senjougahara: It's possible that my past
>Senjougahara: isn't worth settling.
>Senjougahara: But I just did.
>Senjougahara: That's what I think.
>Araragi: Settled, huh?
tl;dr: you've been proven wrong.
>>
>>120348561
(continuation)
>Senjougahara: Compliment me.
>Araragi: That's your request?
>Senjougahara: No.
>Senjougahara: A compliment from someone like you means
>Senjougahara: absolutely nothing to me.
>Senjougahara: But you seem to have forgotten to fulfill your duty as a boyfriend.
>Senjougahara: I simply reminded you.
>Araragi: Really, are you made of iron or something?
>Senjougahara: Iron?
>Senjougahara: I am a soft, cute girl.
>Senjougahara: After everything that scum said to me,
>Senjougahara: I am terribly hurt.
>Senjougahara: I can barely stand...
>Araragi: Liar.
>Araragi: Are you a con artist too?
>Senjougahara: It's true.
>Senjougahara: So...
>Senjougahara: Please be gentle with me tonight.
tl;dr: you've been proven wrong
>>
>>120348561
>>120348601

What else is there to read?
>>
>>120348675
The part where she strongly says she didn't fall in love with him but just feel somewhat positively toward him?
>>
It's like you guys weren't paying attention at all during Nisemonogatari.

Jesus christ. This whole conversation was the conflict with Senjougahara and Araragi
>>
>>120348814
Except she doesn't say she didn't fall in love with him?

You post this and the first thing you understand is that she didn't like him? Damn man you might actually have a mild case of autism and I'm not even joking.
>>
>>120343582
Pic source?
>>
I feel like it was more like her first crush not 'love' or anything.
>>
>>120348954
>Kaiki: Farewell.
>Senjougahara: What was that?
>Senjougahara: Araragi-kun, did you just attempt
>Senjougahara: to confirm the virginity of the girl you're dating?
>Senjougahara: What an insult.
Do you have some kind of mental problem?
>>
>>120349003
This. Senjougahara had a crush on Araragi too at first, it wasn't just straight love. Then the Hachikuji thing happened.
>>
>>120348814
that doesn't mean she wasn't dicked.
>>
>>120349171
We aren't talking about that. That's simply out of the question.
>>
>>120349070
I just checked the episode myself. She does indeed denies that she was in love with him.
Then again that doesn't mean it's necessarily true and the whole discussion is a bit of a mess because 'like and love'. In my first post (>>120347628) I said Senjougahara liked Kaiki. You asked when and I pointed out. Then you started using the word love.
>>
>>120343582
She was manipulating MC. Males will almost always have a reaction when a female mentions rape. Senjougahara is just extremely manipulative.
>>
>>120349241
Of course. I said "It's probable that Senjougahara liked Kaiki2" in the first message you quoted after all, so I also think she indeed liked him.

About the love/like thing, just to clarify, I've always understood and used the verb 'to like' in a romantic/sexual sense in this thread.
>>
>>120349415
I was just quoting literally. She indeed admit that she liked him so that's the part I posted from the episode.
I think it's safe to assume that she liked him in a 'lovey' way because he was the first to help her and that's why Kaiki mocks her (and Araragi) with it.
She only fell in love with Araragi because he actually cared and helped her though.
>>
>>120349635
She doesn't admit anything (again, romantic/sexual sense). You can conclude it, but she doesn't say it, so she doesn't admit it.
>>
>>120344603
The only person he wants to fuck is kanbarus mother, and she's dead
>>
>>120349742

I think this can be considered admittance.
The prince part speaks for itself and she "won't deny that" is where she admits that she felt that way for him by not denying that she didn't.
She's not outright saying "yes I liked him" but that's not the only way to admit something I think.
>>
>>120348981
Episode 12 near the end
>>
>>120350218
The "that" is in contrast to loving him. She differentiates the two possibilities:

LOVE/LIKE (ROMANTIC/SEXUAL)

JUST FEELING POSITIVELY TOWARD HIM

So, "I didn't love him but I won't deny that I felt positively toward him". She definitely doesn't admit loving/liking him in a romantic/sexual way.
>>
>>120350567
It's actually "that I did feel somewhat positively toward that con man" (didn't see there wasn't a period), so the "that" I talked about isn't really that "that", but the point is the same.
>>
>>120349247
This. Rape victims take advantage on it and use that fact to manipulate people.
but i like to think she just got groped
>>
Why do you guys subscribe to stupid Japanese muh purity ideology? Does it really matter whether she loved him or not?

I wouldn't care at all if Holo had previous relationships, she is still perfect.
Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.