[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why did Zeon lose the war? and does Gelgoog actually has higher
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 9
File: Sayla.png (453 KB, 844x470) Image search: [Google]
Sayla.png
453 KB, 844x470
Why did Zeon lose the war?
and does Gelgoog actually has higher spec than Gundam?

also Gundam thread.
>>
File: 1420819887546.jpg (58 KB, 500x366) Image search: [Google]
1420819887546.jpg
58 KB, 500x366
>be a faggot
>score the best Gundam waifu in the series

The fuck nigga
>>
>>
File: 500px-Apsalus_III.jpg (13 KB, 500x242) Image search: [Google]
500px-Apsalus_III.jpg
13 KB, 500x242
>>120325248
>Why did Zeon lose the war?
They gave retarded amount of resources to Research and Development to make retarded prototypes (pic related). By the time the crazy motherfuckers at R&D fielded decent units (Dom, Gelgoog) most of their best pilots were already dead and with the military having a garbage budget they had to use pilots with zero experience.

And yes, the Gelgoog was slightly better than the RX78, but without good pilots they are no more than Zakus with a cool gun.
>>
>>120325248

The Gelgoog is Zeon equipping a mobile suit with a beam rifle and cutting weapon which puts it kind of on par with the Gundam. It's the Galbaldy Alpha that was supposed to exceed it but it never really saw much action. The lore goes that had Zeon been able to hold on and get the Gelgoog and Galbaldy into mass production that it could have turned the tide of the conflict back the other way.
>>
File: Dolos_lineart.jpg (46 KB, 400x251) Image search: [Google]
Dolos_lineart.jpg
46 KB, 400x251
>>120326141

Gihren did yeah as a parallel to Hitler during the last days of the war when he was pretty much going insane. I still say the Landratte of outer space takes the cake. The carrier ship that could carry like 70 mobile suits but didn't really have enough flight decks so that the amount of time it took to deploy them all essentially defeated the purpose.

Other parallels to WWII include Zeon overstretching it's Earth invasion blitzkrieg, the Earth Federation developing a mobile suit line of it's own to match up against the Zaku, key battles resulting in lost aces and Zabi family members like Garma and Dozle and in some cases petty infighting.

There's a scenario in Gihren's Greed for example where you can choose to override M'Quve and actually send Ramba Ral the extra Zaku's he requests when he has the White Base crews back up against the walls and it results in the White Base being destroyed and history taking a very different course since they're no longer there to take part in key battles and do things like stop Char's plot to blow up Jaburo from succeeding etc.
>>
The Gelgoog was indeed an overall superior machine to the Gundam but its pilots were not able to bring out its full potential because they had only finished development and were deployed so late in the war that they had no impact on the war's outcome.

Plus Amuro is just a beast.
>>
So Gelgoog is the Panzer of Gundam universe huh?
>>
>>120325458
Thats not Amuro. Kamille had a shitty absusive waifu, hell, most of the girls in Zeta and ZZ were awful.
Harry Ord's waifu is the best though.
>>
>>120325248
Not enough Zakus.
Way too long maintenance distances. Asteroid base behind moon orbit while Feddies got maintenance from Sites.
>>
>>120326141
What happen to Zeon's Uber soilder anyway?
those newtype soilders they trying to make
so they never get to see any action in 1YW?
>>
>>120327329
Watch Zeta and ZZ to find out
>>
>>120326931
Dianna > Kihel
>>
>>120327411
Well i do know that in Z and ZZ there are basically Newtypefest going on
but what i wonder that is in 1YW there are just not many Newtype solider other than Lala,Char and few unnamed?

So far it seem like the earth fed are the one who actually got their hand in Newtype experience more than Zeon. specially when some of them become Titan

i think i will have to rewatch Zeta
>>
Bad leadership and Char destroying stuff from the inside

and >>120326141 didn't help but feddies were doing that
>>
>>120327820
Zeta explains what Cyber Newtype project was.
ZZ mentions that Cyber Newtype project started from Zeon Newtype research right after 1YW
>>
File: 1379710304900.jpg (155 KB, 1000x750) Image search: [Google]
1379710304900.jpg
155 KB, 1000x750
>>120325458
>best Gundam waifu
That's not Haman
>>
Anyway is the new Blue Eye Casvel a theater movie only?
or will it be online rent like Unicorn EP?
>>
>>120325248
>Yoru no Gundam
>>
>>120328037
Theartical release and later DVD/BD/rental
>>
They never had a chance. It was 1 colony cluster vs 7 others + Earth. And then humanity vs some asteroid, and then humanity vs just a few ships.
The Universal Century is my favorite setting, but still... There's just a limit to how many times you can beat them down, and try to sell them as the evil enemy juggernaut. Fucking Earthnoids.
>>
File: 1418407558043.png (77 KB, 1380x928) Image search: [Google]
1418407558043.png
77 KB, 1380x928
>>120328002
>Hamanfags still exist
Great taste

>>120328432
Pic related
>>
>>120328244
how long will it take til we ever get it in US lol
>>
>>120328432
I still don't get it why Zeon didn't try to get hold of colony Sites and eventually Von Braun.
Straight war decaration against earth was idiotic.
>>
>>120328839
because Zabi families are retard?
some of them are good but they are too busy back stabbing each other
>>
>>120329037
Before 1YW started, Site 1 was only true Feddie colony. Site 6 had Feddie R&D while Site 7 was Anaheim Electronic's playground.
It would've been easy to cut off all the supplies from Site 6 and leave Site 1 as Feddies only space port.
>>
Why was this thing even in the show?
>>
>>120329826
Different times, that was common back then.
>>
>>120329826
Remember Cyborg 009?
>>
>>120328037
it's the exact same release format as Unicorn.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.