[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
so according to moot /a/ is the best board regardless of its
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 13
File: 1419536788429.png (65 KB, 215x264) Image search: [Google]
1419536788429.png
65 KB, 215x264
so according to moot /a/ is the best board regardless of its popularity, and I have a simple question
How is this even possible?
I mean, thats far from normal. you just have to take as examples /v/ or /b/ and how popularity has turned them into shitholes
is it the elitism and the lack of spoon feeding? because those are present in other boards
better question, what does he mean with "better"? discussion? being on-topic? moderation?
>>
It's probably the self moderation, we take no shit. It's a real sink or swim kinda board.
>>
Elitism and self-moderation.

It didn't hurt that we stopped discussing offtopic 3D shit and whining about no gf when Chanology brought normalfags to 4chan and /r9k/ was created
>>
File: 1420192501455.jpg (242 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1420192501455.jpg
242 KB, 600x600
>>120273040
>is it the elitism and the lack of spoon feeding
Yes. That's /a/'s secret.

The way to better preserve board culture is to enforce it.

/a/ isn't opposed to new people as long as they know how to act. All the shit boards who just accept anyone regardless of how they post lose all identity and become mires of generic shitposting.

Look at /co/, it's basically Tumblr now, because they never did anything to counter them.
>>
It's got a board culture that alienates outsiders fast, so the only people who stick around are people who can take it and integrate.
>>
I remember when I first came to /a/ and just never posting for the longest time just because I didn't want to get bitched at. It was months before I even made my first post.
>>
>>120273040
"one of the best" not "the best"
and he said he spends on jp the most.
>>
File: ワハ.jpg (59 KB, 500x530) Image search: [Google]
ワハ.jpg
59 KB, 500x530
>>120273040
>Anti-newfaggotry
>Self-moderation
>Actually discussing anime instead of only pretending to do so
>Strong board culture
>No newfag mods / janitors allowed (see loli wars)

Gee, I dunno.
>>
>>120273400
Same here. Except my first post was immediately replied to and bitched at. So I didn't post for a long time again.
On the other hand, I always find the odd rec thread hilarious when /a/ posts in unison and bitches at the OP, especially when they get all upset. It's fun.
>>
>>120273242
Yeah, that "/co/ is love" thing didn't work out well for them, did It?

>>120273400
>It was months before I even made my first post.
As it should be. You didn't fuck up; good job.
>>
Virgin weeaboos arguing about weeaboo things that don't matter unless your a virgin weeaboo. /a/nus in a nutshell
>>
>>120273667
>No newfag mods / janitors allowed (see loli wars)

This is the part that could cause the most problems without moot.
>>
>>120273671
this so much. posted "XD" on my first post, you can imagine the rest
also, I prefer lurking, so it was not a big deal. I usually post 20 post per year more o less, i don´t have always something interesting to say
>>
Threads like this one are what make a board shit. Fuck off.
>>
>>120274448
so /v/ has threads about its quality everyday?
>>
>>120273040
spoonfeeders are increasing though
>>
Congratulations moot, you still manage to inflate /a/'s ego at the last moment.
>>
lurk moar
>>
>>120273400
I made the mistake to make a post and was called new. So I stopped posting and lurked moar.
>>
Self Moderation and Anime itself. Telling people to fuck off for being retarded or having shit opinions is sadly rare on 4chan and Anime is a niche hobby and we tell all the unwanted plebs with shit taste to fuck off. Then again shit threads tend to die fast, I have seen obvious bait threads dying with no replies, on other boards it would get a few.
>>
>>120273040
>because those are present in other boards
Not really. There's a lot of false elitists who are about their egos, but not many places have real elitism, which is about improving quality. /a/ is unusual in upholding standards and using anonymity to make sure nobody's immune to the standards, so there's pressure to make higher quality posts.

Better is hard to quantify, but I'd guess he means the community it's aimed at can enjoy it and do constructive or fun stuff there.
>>
As already explained self-moderation. But I'm noticing a growing force against this kind of self-preservation, usually done by calling said posts autism. I hope this doesn't shift the board's culture in the near future.
>>
>>120278395
>>120279042
This. Self moderation is so important and is one of the main things that has prevented /a/ from going to complete shit.
>>
>>120279042
>But I'm noticing a growing force against this kind of self-preservation
This makes me rage so hard, this type of everyone is welcome kind of mentality is what killed /v/.
>>
>>120279042
Not withstanding, this place has been /a/utism for a while, so what's the issue.
>>
File: 1408806986907.png (183 KB, 700x500) Image search: [Google]
1408806986907.png
183 KB, 700x500
I believe that really what it comes down to, is that a large number of us have seen what other anime communities look like. Anime, more than any other topic on this board (besides the pony shit) is liked by the fucking worst kind of person. Disgusting weeaboos are basically what most anime communities online are. So when we come to /a/, we all see it as the one sanctuary from all of that stupid garbage.

We know what other communities are like, so we desperately defend this one, because if it falls we basically have no where else to go if we wish to retain our sanity. Other boards have places they can go. They will be shitty places yes, but not AS shitty as anime communities. We specifically call out Gaiafags, because even though that isn't actually an issue anymore, we've all seen Gaia and we know what an anime community can look like if that kind of faggotry is allowed. So we individually try to enforce a minimal level of posting quality in order to keep our fortress safe from disgusting, emoticon-using, low-powerlevel, roleplaying, naruto-fanfic-writing weeaboos.
>>
>>120279042
It seems to me that shitty text speak, like no capitals ever, is growing more common.
>>
>>120279132
It's interesting and depressing to see this happening in threads like /vg/, the anti-policing force is so big generals always turn to shit inevitably.

>>120279215
There is nothing wrong with /a/'s autism, because it sustains the board's quality, or at least tries to. But there's a growing number of people using it in a derogatory way.
>>
>>120273040
Why can't he just like /a/ the most? Does it matter the exact reasons?

Also I heard /jp/ was his favorite which obviously is kind of a guilty pleasure kind of thing because fuck /jp/. I wouldn't take that much stock in what moot prefers anyways.
>>
File: 1408245002494.gif (487 KB, 500x370) Image search: [Google]
1408245002494.gif
487 KB, 500x370
>>120279042
I've also noticed this, but I think that the problem even more than that is people just not caring anymore. No one calls people out when they're being enormous faggots by using emoticons and text speak. I call them out every fucking time, I don't care if you bitch and moan at me or call me an autist, I will annoy the fuck out of you until you conform or fuck off.

This is the attitude everyone should have. Don't accept people begging for sauce or using smileys.
>>
>>120279407
The retort is simple. As long as people use it, there shouldn't be a problem anytime soon.

>>120279511
I figure it might be in part to take the heat off /a/, yet again. What's the big deal anyways?
>>
/a/s self moderation considerably weakened after /jp/ was separated. Then kinomod was kicked out
>>
>>120273040
Yeah OP, but why does she sit like that?
>>
File: hmmsomad.gif (258 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
hmmsomad.gif
258 KB, 640x360
>>120279511
someone is mad
>>
>>120279563
In all fairness, a humble sauce request if all other options have failed is fine.
>>
>>120279717
> Then kinomod was kicked out

Please stop this shit. You actively make the board worse by spreading made up bullshit that literally no one can prove.
>>
File: 1389755582881.png (93 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1389755582881.png
93 KB, 300x300
Where is he now?
Is he kill?
>>
/a/ is the least stale board because japs make enough anime to constatly have new things to discuss.
>>
File: 1421143418617.png (121 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
1421143418617.png
121 KB, 600x338
>>120279748
Problem is that people don't fucking try before asking. I've had this argument a million times. Yes, sometimes a search actually doesn't work, but 90% of the time it might come up in moon and people don't even try translating it. Becuase when that happens to me, if you just grab some of the runes and translate them, it turns out to be the name of the manga. But do people try that? No, they don't.

This results in a fucking dozen dozen sauce requests in .gif/.webm/One page threads, with people just giving them sauce and no one calling them out or even reporting them. It's unacceptable and it makes /a/ more friendly to stupid weeaboos with abysmally low power levels. That is something we should avoid, not accept.
>>
>>120273040
>is it the elitism and the lack of spoon feeding?
That died ages ago, every thread has at least one spoonfeed in and there are a lot if MAL and reddit fags around here
>>
>>120279511
Considering he just talked about how much fun it would be to delete 4chan just to see what kind of unholy chaos would be unleashed on the rest of the internet, he really does seem to enjoy guilty pleasures where he can mess around and cause panic. Similarly, with /pol/, people asked why he was killing it, and his response was that it was fun and he expected /pol/ to be stronger afterwards.
>>
>>120280012
*of
>>
>>120279563
I'm noticing a lot less people like you. There are a lot more posts with dubious formatting not being called out. Maybe they're weak willed because of some defence force, or they just stopped caring. This defence force may have something to do with 4chan being more accessible to outsiders, thanks to the native extension but that's all speculation.

>>120279748
If someone at least explains they've exhausted all options, and not because they're too lazy I'm fine with it.
>>
>>120279717
Kinomod confirmed in *that* place indirectly that he's still in the staff.
>>
File: #D.gif (2 MB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
#D.gif
2 MB, 500x281
>>120279511
>Also I heard /jp/ was his favorite
>>
>>120280135
I think people stopped calling out shitty posts because more people started defending them. Which is honestly a much bigger reason to call them out more. When the casual weeaboos who use smileys and have seen 10 shows start to think that they are the majority, it's over.
>>
>>120273400
Did the same thing, I literally just wached for 4 months before even submit my first post here.
>>
>>120279975
>and no one calling them out or even reporting them
A good few of the latest OPTs turned into incessant bitchfests because of this actually. And then some people started going out of their way to provide sauce even if it wasn't asked.
>>
File: 321213.jpg (37 KB, 267x273) Image search: [Google]
321213.jpg
37 KB, 267x273
>>120280012
>MAL
Can anyone tell me whats so bad about MAL?
I just use it to take care of my backlog, but I'm afraid that I'll get sucked in by their community and shred to pieces if I dare to take a peek.
>>
>>120279748
On the topic of that, I have a sauce request.
I remember seeing a screencap of an anime with a pig being put on trial. It had a really nice artstyle.
I tried googling for it, got nothing.
I asked my friends, got nothing.
I asked /r/ and got nothing.
Does anyone know what anime this is?
>>
so regarding this topic, are generals the true cancer of /a/?
>>
>>120273400
People just don't do that anymore, any forum/board you go there are tons of new people who don't know anything about how shit works in there, they don't even peep the rules and bitch every time someone tells them they're doing something wrong

I blame facebook and all that shit for making Internet interesting to stupid people
>>
File: 1392607862920.gif (402 KB, 360x640) Image search: [Google]
1392607862920.gif
402 KB, 360x640
>>120280293
That was probably me, because I'm apparently the only one left on this board who is disgusted by seeing 40 "sauce??" posts in a single thread. That's fucking terrible and anyone involved in anything like that should be ashamed. REPORT IT AND TELL THEM TO FUCK OFF.

I went out of my way to prove to these people that they could have easily found the name of the manga on their own, and most of the time the response is "lol why try when someone will just tell me". That is terrible and needs to stop immediately.
>>
>>120279975
I know exactly what you mean. This webm has generated more sauce requests than anything I've seen before, when most people should really know what it's from.
I also recall a newfag trying to claim that while he knew the series a webm was from, he'd managed to forget which movie, show or episode it was from. The webm was of the climactic tank fight from Ghost in the Shell.
>>
>>120279042
There's also a problem with a growing number of newfags trying to moderate the board with their incomplete grasp of how the place actually works. Lots of traditional thread topics get shot down these days.
>>
>>120280293
OPTs have been irredeemable for quite some time now. I've been avoiding them.
>>
File: 1343682674194.jpg (35 KB, 220x360) Image search: [Google]
1343682674194.jpg
35 KB, 220x360
>>120280481
I don't know if kids use forums anymore, but that's where I got my lurking attitude from. I mean no one even had to tell me that shit, when I was younger if I found a forum that looked kinda cool I just lurked around it for a couple days before making an account on it. When I found 4chan I just did the same thing I always did.
>>
File: 1407103969304.webm (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1407103969304.webm
2 MB, 1280x720
>>120280296
It turns anime into a game of how many shows you've watched. It promotes shit/minimal taste and bad viewing habits, some people there honestly watch shows at 1.5x speed.
>>120280532
And I forgot the webm I was talking about. Seriously, this thing is guaranteed sauce requests. I even tried it on /v/ once and got the same result.
>>
>>120280235
People are probably giving up after being called a shitposter or autist for the nteenth time. Not here, but I guess they just give up and let the board/thread go to shit.

>>120280479
Generals are annoying but feel more like containment threads. There will never be an anime general board for them because perfectly legitimate threads will get pointed there which will only instill more shitflinging.
>>
>>120280479
Yes.
Generals are the worst thing to happen to /a/ in a long time.
>>
>>120274274
This used to be me but now I probably average about 500-1000 posts per month. I've never made a thread, though.
>>
>>120280515
>That was probably me
Godspeed, Sisyphus.
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.