[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will 3D modelling techniques to create "2D" anime subsume
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5
Will 3D modelling techniques to create "2D" anime subsume all anime and turn all anime characters robotic walking automatons?
>>
This is the future.
>>
>>120255634
Look at the jaw on this guy on the right. Freakish.
>>
>yfw a video game did 2d anime in 3d better than most animes did
>>
>>120255634
MUH BUDGET
>>
>>120255944
Which video game
>>
>>120255944
>animes
>>>/v/
>>>/v/
>>
Japanese animators sure are getting lazier and lazier nowadays.

The half-assed cel-shading combined with 2D gets really jarrring at times.
>>
Arpeggio improved massively over the course of its run. Episode 1 was eye raping robotic looking shit, but by the half way point the animations for the people were actually not that bad.
>>
>>120255080
the present is shit, the future can only get worse. I`m okay, I will die in some years. I don`t have to deal with this shit for long.
>>
>>120256032
I think he's referring to Guilty Gear Xrd.
>>
File: GuiltyGear-7.jpg (490 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
GuiltyGear-7.jpg
490 KB, 1920x1080
>>120256032
unreal engine did this
>>
File: asdf5ahert-640x452.jpg (135 KB, 640x452) Image search: [Google]
asdf5ahert-640x452.jpg
135 KB, 640x452
>>120255080
eh they did it in arpeggio, i think it looked kind of weird, but it worked out alright in the end

i prefer 2d drawn, but i guess in the long run, it's pretty inevitable, once they got that down they'll be significantly cut the number of artists required (model the characters, some guy at a computer will handle the rest)

net result is an episode will be much quicker and cheaper to get out the door
>>
>>120256592
I'm sure it also cost them a lot more than most anime studios will budget for this shit. We'll have to wait until it becomes cheaper for things to not look like ass.
>>
>>120255080
3D kills the character's spirit. Like they're not even 2D anymore but something even more far away.
>>
>>120256472

I think Arpeggio had amazing animation for the main characters once they got the hang of it. Especially the hairs looked really nice and alive.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.