[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is your opinion on kill la kill? It certainly has nice plot.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 13
File: klk merged 1.jpg (462 KB, 1280x1372) Image search: [Google]
klk merged 1.jpg
462 KB, 1280x1372
What is your opinion on kill la kill?

It certainly has nice plot.
>>
I hated it when I saw the first three episodes then I somehow managed to love it by the end
>>
I prefer backstory to plot.
>>
The plot is actually kinda terrible.
>>
>>120153057

Was fun to watch with /a/.

However looking back it was nothing special. Any real potential it had to be a home run was wasted.
>>
I liked it. It wasn't the best, but it certainly kept me entertained.

Ryuuko's development wasn't smooth, but she went from a cocky person to a cocky person who felt no shame, to an edgelord, to a cocky edgelord, to a cocky hero. Her snappy attitude was amusing at times. However, you could easily tell she was a girl, as she had a delicate side as seen when she was nearly raped about 5 times, as well as when she was with Mako's family.

The real star was Senketsu. Dude was the best god damned character in the show.

Only gripe was the alien part. I mean, they could've just been genetically modified, but aliens? Show went full retard in a humorous way.
>>
I enjoyed it mostly because it was the first show I watched while it was still airing.
>>
Fun characters, overall it's average.
>>
>>120153111
It was the opposite for me, the 1st episode was fucking amazing, then it got boring and generic.
>>
I felt like the overall story was really shallow, although it had a lot of fun points.

Mostly though I was annoyed at the inconsistencies regarding Ryuuko's panties while she was transformed. Sometimes she had these qt full-cut white panties on, sometimes she just had the Senketsu buttfloss. Which is it, Trigger? MAKE UP YOUR MINDS.
>>
File: 3cW3Ajx[1].jpg (251 KB, 850x2199) Image search: [Google]
3cW3Ajx[1].jpg
251 KB, 850x2199
Entertaining, great characters + character designs, plenty of good scenes, good backstory, good VAs, good soundtrack, good art style.

Overarching plot wasn't good, animation quality was often poor, had pacing issues, finale wasn't great.

I liked it.
>>
The hype threads were fun, but all in all it wasn't all that great. I enjoyed it, but I'm probably never going to rewatch it.
>>
File: 1404162682037.jpg (41 KB, 593x791) Image search: [Google]
1404162682037.jpg
41 KB, 593x791
>>120153763
Those aren't white panties, they're Senketsu's teeth. So in a particularly action-y moment they're pulled back.
>>
its shit OP and you know it
>>
>>120153057
I started watching it because
>Trigger Studios
>sexiness
>hype
Kept watching it because
>Madcap fun
>sexiness
>see where they were going with it all.

Overall, enjoyed. Wasn't the greatest thing I'd seen all year, but definitely worth watching. Might rewatch in a year or so.
>>
It saved anime at the beginning, but proved it was just another anime toward the end.
>>
>>120153664
It watches like a classic OVA that ran out of money and was never continued.
>>
>people enjoying KLK

Man, things have gone downhilll here ever since moot left
>>
Okayish start, but a slow plunge into objective mediocrity by the show's end. There was no one aspect to the show that could be considered well great from animation to story to characterization to pacing.

Very meh to me, but I can see how some people can like it.

I've never understood what made a show "fun" in regards to other shows. Silliness?

I don't think I ever really laughed at any of the jokes in KLK, but I've had gutbusters from actual comedy anime.
>>
>>120154194
>It saved anime at the beginning, but proved it was just another anime toward the end.
Nah, it was never 'saving' anything. People just got FAR too overhyped. Fuck, /a/ had a sticky by episode 3 just to compare Ryuko's boobs and Satsuki's ass.

There's no hope in hell it could have met /a/'s ridiculous expectations, and even if it ended up as a masterpiece lots of /a/nons would still hate it, because it wasn't *exactly* what they wanted.

>>120154385
gr8 b8 m8
>>
It became really eh after the first 10ish episodes.
>>
File: Typical Jojo Batte.gif (3 MB, 367x206) Image search: [Google]
Typical Jojo Batte.gif
3 MB, 367x206
Had it's moments but overall was actually boring in hindsight. Its saving grace was a character or three that carried the whole show in their backs.
>>
>>120154100
>see where they were going with it all.

Tbh this is really the reason I kept watching. Is that a good thing? Does that mean it's a good anime? I really don't know. I really wanted it to have some intense comeback moment like other Trigger anime and tbh the climax kind of disappointed me but it was alright.

The soundtrack was pretty legit though.
>>
I made something neat the other day after remembering how overused the soundtrack was in later episodes. Like 8% of an entire episode had no BGM at all, even on a relatively calm episode.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_PGBUCrFKk
>>
>>120154828
I'm not sure I get your point.
>>
>>120153057
Remember all of the blog posts and tumblr theories about the deeper themes and meanings behind Kill la Kill during it's airing? I'd like to see how many of them actually got it right and which ones were entirely contrived bullshit.
>>
>>120153664
i know that feel.
>>
>>120155161
Soundtrack was heavily overused.
>>
File: kill la kill by andrew hussie.jpg (165 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
kill la kill by andrew hussie.jpg
165 KB, 1280x720
>>120153664

I felt something like this

show started to decline after the first tourney arc. then temporarily peaked when INCEST and coldfibers happened
>>
File: satisfying.gif (4 MB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
satisfying.gif
4 MB, 600x338
>>120157044
How is it possible to overuse a soundtrack? If there aren't enough tracks on the soundrack and they're forced to repeat tracks far too often I can get that, but there are more than enough tracks to prevent this from happening (and many of the tracks have multiple variations).
>>120157084
Some people didn't like episode 20 and the resulting arc.
I don't understand those people.
>>
silly fun, wouldn't make attempt to make any argument about it being amazing or a must see, but would certainty casually reccomend it
>>
repetitive plot isn't a good thing, OP.
>>
Boring as hell. Poor choreography. Poor animation. Single plot point reused ad nauseum until the end.
The final point is the really killer.
>>120153664
I completely agree. The first episode was fantastic and the effort to hook people was clear. Nothing else in the series is remotely close to the polish of the first episode.
>>
File: 1402183324155.png (413 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1402183324155.png
413 KB, 640x640
>>120153057
When I first watched the first episode I really liked that Ryuuko was mortified having to wear that outfit, I thought it made her really cute and endearing. But then I got thrown for a loop when Ryuuko stopped being embarassed and wanted to wear Senketsu. It was awesome, it wasn't out of necessity or because she "manned up", they just wanted to be together. And that was mostly the rest of the show from that point on, it was simple and I loved it. Everything else about the show is just middling, "oh the voice acting is great", "oh the animation is terrible", but it just all kinda evens out to average.

But still, those two made KLK remarkable for me, and that's good enough for me.
>>
>>120153664
Yup. It had a good set up but ending was very generic. A shame it ended like that.
>>
>>120153057
That is definitely not how boobs work
>>
>>120157463
>If there aren't enough tracks on the soundrack and they're forced to repeat tracks far too often I can get that

This was basically the problem I found. In the later episodes the same tracks were replayed way to frequently; they lose their power when they're being played every other scene.

I don't take issue with the OST itself.
>>
>>120158005
>I don't take issue with the OST itself.
I'm disappointed thee was no square dancing scene in KLK
>>
>>120158216
Ryuko's fight with the Square Dancing Club must've happened offscreen.
>>
6/10 series
I enjoyed it.
>>
>>120153057
its shit
>>
File: pixiv46661208_2.jpg (111 KB, 480x343) Image search: [Google]
pixiv46661208_2.jpg
111 KB, 480x343
Fun hype ride while it was airing, I'm left with fanart and Sushio now.
>>
File: Seni-Soshitsu!.jpg (115 KB, 850x621) Image search: [Google]
Seni-Soshitsu!.jpg
115 KB, 850x621
>>120153057
Not enough Female Tennis-Viral.
>>
File: 1419383095173.jpg (788 KB, 2893x3927) Image search: [Google]
1419383095173.jpg
788 KB, 2893x3927
>>120153133
That's what it's all about, baby.
>>
>>120159392
Didn'T she actually fight a square dancing club though? Or whichever club was dancing around her and kicking?
>>
More flash than substance.

Also too much tactless yuri.
>>
Just saw lolita channel has released some KLK pics.
I personally thought the drawing style was a little weird.
>>
It had potential to be aoty, great character designs, interesting setting and story and dem OST and VAs, but it was very poorly directed.
They should have chained Imaishi to his fucking animator desk.

yes i enjoyed it btw
>>
File: kill-la-kill-fight.png (380 KB, 721x409) Image search: [Google]
kill-la-kill-fight.png
380 KB, 721x409
>>120157084

KAZUBRA!!!
RYUHOE!!

All it lacks is an annoying moeblob for matoi to go cave-ape on.
>>
>>120160193
That was a Japanese folk dancing club, I believe.
>>
File: Maeshima Ryou.png (567 KB, 694x739) Image search: [Google]
Maeshima Ryou.png
567 KB, 694x739
>>120153057
- Fanservice was average despite the costumes
- Plotwise it had a good tempo and made you want to watch the next episode rightaway
- characters were well thought out, and their voice acting was God tier

i give it CraZY TAXI/10
>>
Started out very damn strong and then just lost focus.

I liked the characters but they weren't by any means amazing. The direction as a whole was extremely uneven, and the animation was pretty shit throughout.

It's a solid 5.5/10 for me.
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.