[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
wait wait wait, why the FUCK could Hanekawa see her when crab
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 4
wait wait wait, why the FUCK could Hanekawa see her when crab couldn't?
>>
Because Hanekawa is a lolicon and only lolicons can see Mayoi
>>
Isn't it obvious, you fuckface?
>>
You serious OP?
>>
You're supposed to read the subtitles.
>>
Because only the best girls can see the best loli
>>
>>120048645
because Hanekawa and Araragi have mothers and Crab doesn't
only people with mothers can see Mayoi on mothers day

watch the fucking episode again you tard
>>
>>120048645
This didn't make sense to me either, because its said that those who are or have been affected by oddities tend to notice more oddities. So why couldn't crab see snail?
>>
Okay, I'm gonna be nice here.
I'm assuming you haven't watched much further than ep 5. It's mentioned that only people who don't want to return home can see her and Hanekawas "home" is basically not a home to her. Easy as that.
>>
Is this another b8 thread or OP is just a faggot who cant bother himself to read the subtitles while watching an anime filled with words and not action?
>>
>>120048804
Also to add to that, I remember them mentioning about being mentally/emotionally lost can see the snail oddity.
>>
>>120048645
did you even watch the show?
>>
>>120048645
People who don't want to go home can see the snail. Hanekawa gets abused at home and goes for walks on days off.
>>
Since this is the first thread for it I saw, is Nisemonogatari just like Bake?
>>
Shinobu can see her too
>>
>>120048917
A bit less 3deep5u and a bit more fanservice, but still similar.
>>
>don't want to go home thus can see snail
This is not how god nisio explain how the characters could encounter loli ghost.
>>
>>120048983
Actually, it's a pretty solid summation. The Lost Cow only appears to those who don't want to go home and it leads them astray.

It's an oddity that is created in response to the wishes of those around them. "I don't want to go home"

Mayoi was just an odd version of it because she told people to fuck off so that she wouldn't have to lead them astray.
>>
>>120048645
This>>120048885
What the fuck OP? Did you not watch the fucking show? Snail appears to people in a certain condition. Or is that too hard for your minute brain to even comprehend?
>>
Hanekawa is an oddity, you mongoloid.
>>
>>120048645
Are you for real?
Do you not understand how Hachikuji works?
>>
>>120049176
>Hanekawa is an oddity
Everyone is an oddity besides Senjougahara
>>
>>120049412
karen isn't
>>
There's some serious misinformation in this thread. The condition to see Mayoi is to be lost. It has nothing specifically to do with going home. Because Nisio is a bit pretentious it works figuratively as well as literally.
>>
>>120049412
Nadeko in Nadeko Snake wasn't either. Those oddities were inflicted upon her. Shit, even technically Nadeko Medusa Nadeko didn't have an oddity either til right at the end when she deepthroated that talisman.
>>
>>120049492
She's the oddity of perpetual boners as I can't seem to be able to have a flaccid penis whenever she's on screen.
>>
>>120049498
>It has nothing specifically to do with going home
Sure it does. There's a difference between just wandering and being lost. In this case, going home would be a reason why a person is lost. Wandering around isn't being lost, you cannot be lost if you do not have a goal in the first place.
>>
>>120049087
It is correct but not entirely.
People who ought to encounter loli ghost in the series must be lost in thought, literally feeling lost or like most of fags here have stated, pretending to be lost. An odditiy in Monogatari is not projected solely by its name. The main point is always the phenomenon that triggers each of the oddities.

>The Lost Cow only appears to those who don't want to go home and it leads them astray.
you are correct here for one.

>because people themselves are manifest of oddities, they can see loli ghost.
nope
>>
>>120049619
Because Nisio is pretentious you can be "lost" by not knowing how to proceed in your life. For example, Araragi meets her when he's unsure if he should tell his sisters about his powers. He's "lost" because he has no idea which to do.
>>
File: 1309021219247.jpg (157 KB, 647x558) Image search: [Google]
1309021219247.jpg
157 KB, 647x558
OP has no reading comprehension.
>>
>>120049743
That is called being lost(not in a literal sense), anon. There's nothing pretentious about that. I'm pretty sure a lot of people felt lost at one point in their lives.
>>
>>120049492
>karen isn't
So humans can kick other humans through meter-thick concrete?

>>120049533
>Nadeko in Nadeko Snake wasn't either
Is it possible for a human be such a slut?
>>
>>120049954
>So humans can kick other humans through meter-thick concrete?
that's stylized fight, or more like Karen and Koyomi are chuuni fighting
>>
>>120049954
Araragi is part vampire. By having sex with Karen she receives some of his blood, thus becoming part vampire too.

The highway that got destroyed also received Araragi's blood, becoming part vampire.
That's why the highway was completely healed a couple of scenes later.

Seriously it's like you guys need everything spoon-fed to you
>>
>>120049954
I'm the Nadeko guy but let me answer the other question first.

Araragi was over-exaggerating the fight. She wasn't be the most badass motherfucker in the world and destroying highways by kicking Araragi through them.

I honestly, honestly wish she was. That would have been fucking amazing.

As for the Nadeko thing.

Given she's deepthroated at least one Jagirinawa and the talisman that would become Kuchinawa. Not in Monogatari there isn't.
>>
>>120049954
That scene is hyperbole. Karen is still a human. The hornet that is possessing her doesn't bestowed inhuman strength in her.
Stop being this stupid, anon.
>>
>>120049802
It's symbolism. Every time Araragi sees Mayoi he is literally lost. So the casual viewer thinks it's literal when it's actually figurative. He could just say it's about being figuratively lost but instead he makes you think about it. Hence the pretension. He's adding depth where there actually isn't any.
>>
File: iKnowWhatYouAreThinking.png (27 KB, 129x294) Image search: [Google]
iKnowWhatYouAreThinking.png
27 KB, 129x294
>>120049559
>>
>>120050133
So its pretentious when a casual viewer doesn't pick up what attentive viewers do?
>>
>>120050054
This makes too much sense not to be true
>>
>>120050054
>vampire highway
Now I'm imagining highways sucking blood, making servants, and being scared of garlic and wooden stakes.
>>
File: yeah that!.jpg (19 KB, 299x153) Image search: [Google]
yeah that!.jpg
19 KB, 299x153
>>120050176
I wanna fuck Karen in the mercenary position for the only purpose of procrastination.
>>
>>120049954

That's Shaft doing Shaft things. In the novels she just beats up Araragi with some karate antics.
>>
>>120050185
It's pretentious to make something appear more intelligent than it is. All that's happening when he has a long conversation with Mayoi while walking around town in Nise can be summarized as this:
Mayoi gives Araragi advice on if he should tell his family about his powers. But it APPEARS to be so much more than that. In actuality there is no depth to that scene whatsoever but it sure looks like there is.
>>
>>120050133
this guy gets it
>>
>>120050297
So writers should stop putting in hidden messages between the lines? That viewers should only take things at face value?
>>
>>120050209
>mercenary
>>
>>120050442
>procrastination.
>>
>>120050465
>Karen
>>
>>120050439
He's complaining that the hidden message is too simple. Or complimenting Nisios' bullshitting technique.
>>
>>120050513
>porpoise
>>
>>120050570
>positron
>>
>>120050439
I think there's important context to that. You can have actual depth which is a wonderful thing. For example, Araragi's character makes you think about why he acts the way he does. Specifically, his past of being basically worthless helps explain a lot of his self-sacrifice. He wanted to die for Kiss-Shot because he recognized her as simply a vastly superior existence. You can follow that logic to a lot of the times he takes punches for the girls. Basically, he has a massive inferiority complex which you dont see because he plays it off with bravado and perversion.

On the other hand you have fake depth which is where you just add symbolism and metaphors to confuse the viewers. Once they see the symbol or the metaphor, there is absolutely NOTHING to think about or discuss.
>>
>>120050570
No thanks. I just ate.
>>
>>120050514
Simplicity and pretension are practically mutually exclusive. When something is both simple and obvious and the story makes no effort to hide it, there's no way it can be pretentious.
>>
If Zaregoto ever got an anime series, I am genuinely afraid how people will fathom the whole depth thing. ITT most anon couldn't fathom Nisio's symbolism for things, here I have a thought that Kubishime Romanticist will fuck casualfags brains once for all.
>>
ITT: People that obviously were watching this for certain scenes.
>>
>>120051100
It saddens me that his magnum opus has yet to be adapted. Hopefully SHAFT and Aniplex decide that Nisio adaptions are profitable enough after they finish Monogatari.
>>
>>120051100
Is the symbolism easier to perceive in the novels perhaps?

It might just be the anime and me being distracted by the backgrounds or awkward translations, but I've never really taken anything really symbolic from viewing the series.
>>
>>120052063
>being distracted awkward translations
most probably, since most of them were translated by faggots who starve for attentions.

>Is the symbolism easier to perceive in the novels perhaps?
not really. You need your brain cells to be working just fine for you to get all the superficial and foreshadowy contexts shove by Nisio in his book. Don't misunderstand me, the writing itself is not any sort of intellectual literature. Nisio just a smart writer that do not spoonfed his readers with superficial stuff along the ride. In Shaft's defense, they presented the symbolism using all the characters' monologues, especially Araragi's. They are not deep, they are just hidden in layers of words.
>>
>>120052063
It's really fucking obvious symbolism for the most part. You just probably don't even consider it symbolism and that's why you can't see it.
>>
>>120050209
>mercenary
kek
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.