[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anime cliches that drive you up the fucking wall? Every damn
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 46
File: hataraku-2-16-tsundere-yusa.jpg (29 KB, 680x382) Image search: [Google]
hataraku-2-16-tsundere-yusa.jpg
29 KB, 680x382
Anime cliches that drive you up the fucking wall?

Every damn female having a crush on MC. This shit is so boring and worn out.
>>
Try watching shoujo.
>>
It's also the reason you watch anime
>>
Big, limpid, cutsey eyes.
>>
File: 1328516332488.jpg (170 KB, 981x580) Image search: [Google]
1328516332488.jpg
170 KB, 981x580
>Anime cliché thread
>>
>>120045722

God no. It's poor writing.
>>
OP is an ugly piece of shit that no one liked him based on his face alone
>>
>>small or inconsequential nose on every character ever

C'mon even oda can draw a nose every once in awhile and his art sucks.
>>
>>120045652
Wow, another /v/ tier thread with predetermined canned responses.
>>
>>120045652
I hear ya. Seriously, you think most anime would take a few lessons from the real world.
>>
>>120045781

Isn't that the kind of person that likes this cliche?
>>
>>120045652
Then don't watch haremshit, you dense faggot.
That's not a cliche, that's a genre.
>>
>>120045896

It doesn't need to be realistic, but at least have some of the characters not care or have other people to crush on. That's making the MC too perfect.
>>
>>120045853
his character art maybe. But the nigga can draw some environments
>>
File: 1384467013055.gif (3 MB, 333x270) Image search: [Google]
1384467013055.gif
3 MB, 333x270
>Mecha
>They attack each other with swords and giant axes
>>
>>120045932

It creeps in to a lot of anime titles that don't appear to be harems at first.
>>
>>120045932
>haremshit
>genre

What? This can happen on any given genre. If anything, it's more like a recurring situation, trope or whatever you want to call it. If you just looked for it, I'm sure you could find a harem example for the majority of genres.
>>
>>120046230
>>120046281
Name one not harem manga where "Every damn female (has) a crush on MC".
I'm waiting. Btw, great thread, /v/-kun.
>>
>that one bitch who can't cook for shit
I don't find it cute, I don't find it funny. I legit do not understand why it's so recurrent. I realize the Japanese have a fetish for clumsiness or find that trait cute but surely there's other ways to make your character cute than making the bitch suck at cooking.

>Ehhhh? Perhaps I should have gone easy on the vinegar for my spider egg stew!

No. Fuck you. You stupid, fucking cunt. It's worse that it often comes bundled with all types of asinine shit that takes up more time from everything else. There's always the faggot who is forced to eat it, the reactions from all parties and I despise it. I have dropped series for this shit.
>>
>>120046378

Hataraku Maou-sama!
Sword Art Online
Steins;Gate
>>
>>120046378
>Every damn female (has) a crush on MC
It doesn't have to take it that far, newfriend.
>>
File: Handsome.png (72 KB, 350x263) Image search: [Google]
Handsome.png
72 KB, 350x263
>The MCs have such drastic contrasting appearances compared to the conforming public, whether it is unrealistic hair colors, eye colors, skin tones, or facial features.
>They're not seen as odd, no one in conformist loving Japan bullies them over it, let alone comments just how strange and foriegn they look.
>>
Girl 1: "Do you have a crush on MC?"
Girl 2: "WAAAAIIIIIIII- N-N-NO!"
>>
>>120046443
except that's literally what OP said.
>>
>>120046407
fucking THIS
>>
>character falls over and lands on top of MC
>characters scramble off of each other and look embarrassed
>BAKAA!!! *slap*
>>
>>120046378
Are you retarded or just new? Please be honest. Anything with more than a love triangle where the affection is pretty one sided can result in light harem scenarios. Look at Log Horizon for example, it's a simple yet recent example of why harem elements just take away from the overall piece. You don't need Akatsuki to obsess over Shiroe, you don't need the loli or secretary to do so either. Akatsuki already has a role of a guardian, loli is a mini Shiroe for scrubs horizon and the secretary organizes affairs. One could argue that maybe that one fox bitch could get away with it because that's her main reason to contact Shiroe and it actually is important that she gets no affection from everyone.

But you let all these stack up and it stops being interesting. If you removed inconsequential shit like that it would give more time to explore other actual interesting backgrounds so it comes off as a hackjob, specially when it's hopeless unrequited love that is not the main focus of the work/character traits.
>>
File: 0b8.gif (2 MB, 320x287) Image search: [Google]
0b8.gif
2 MB, 320x287
>s-stuttering
>mini skirts (it's still aesthetically pleasing but jesus christ it's pushed so hard I get sick sometimes)
>on the verge of death or defeat but is suddenly empowered with energy that could make a galaxy implode
>friendship and unity speeches, or just speeches on lame subjects in general
>MC always by the window in classroom staring in to space with his/her narration in the BG
>MC completely oblivious to his crush's love for him, or is rood, or denies all of his crush's love...Doesn't even have some fucking fun with it.
>>
>>120045652
>implying she had a crush on him at that moment
>>
>Series has female protagonist
>She's useless as fuck and barely does anything

On the other hand, I'm watching Escaflowne right now and lovng the shit out of it. It's like the Code Geass of the nineties. Every anime cliche you can think of blended into a big dumb, beautiful, gloriously stupid mess of a story
>>
>>120046407
Come the fuck on. That's actually funny unlike all the shit in harem. Your anger at something completely insignidicant gave me a laugh though. And unlike you I have actual anger issues.
>>
>MC gets rescued by full-breasted girl
>wakes up to find hand on titties
>girl stares vacantly at him
>"g... GAH!"
>>
just fucking kill yourselves
>>
>hating decades old manga/anime cliches
>hating manga and anime for what it is
>posting on /a/
Yeah, fuck you.
Shit thread, sage and report.
>>
>>120045652
Do they have a crush on him because he's the MC or is he the MC because they have a crush on him?
>>
>>120046759
The only shit I hate is just about every cliché in shonen and harem.
>>
>>120046533
That's what OP said and you quoted me. Like I said, harems be them light or robust can develop for any given genre. It doesn't even have to be the main focus of the show for them to happen and they're not always listed as the main genre. An easy example of this is Golden Boy, where the main thing is sex comedy and some slice of life but MC gains an odd harem following over time during his adventures and quest on self improving as a side effect. There's dozens of shonens out there where the main focus is fighting or adventure and there's women lusting after MC's dick.

I at no point mentioned every girl so get your act together before accusing me of things.
>>
File: 1421008842389.gif (2 MB, 288x288) Image search: [Google]
1421008842389.gif
2 MB, 288x288
>>120046779
>>
>>120046715
>That's actually funny
Go fuck yourself with a tree you fucking faglord. Yes I'm triggered.
>>
You are just not yasashii enough.
>>
>>120046758

You first.
>>
File: 23871823732109.png (275 KB, 1187x702) Image search: [Google]
23871823732109.png
275 KB, 1187x702
>>120046779
>>
yuri undertones. total waste of time. shit or get off the pot.
>>
>>120046438
>Sword Art Online
>Steins;Gate
He said not harem
>>
>>120046759

If you think this is all that anime is get some fucking taste.

>>120046779

usually the series starts with the dude, so it's because he's MC.
>>
>>120046913

In the case of SAO is is supposed to be a fantasy/action series, and they just crammed the lazy haremshit in there for their annoying Gary Stu MC.
>>
>>120046825
I also have legit autism and even I think you're overreacting.
>>
>>120046378
Isn't that just how harem works?
>>
>>120046984
>Kirito
>annoying

how?
>>
>>120046984
That's because SAO is not a good anime
>>
>>120046672
>On the other hand, I'm watching Escaflowne right now and lovng the shit out of it. It's like the Code Geass of the nineties. Every anime cliche you can think of blended into a big dumb, beautiful, gloriously stupid mess of a story

It's only occasionally that I like that type of show, but both of those worked for me.
>>
>>120047044

You're kidding, right?

See

>>120047053
>>
>Female recounts the moment she fall in fall with the MC
>She was being hit on by delinquent(s), and the MC just happens to nearby and speaks up for her, deterring the attempted rapists.
>In broad daylight, in a public place, with entire crowds of people close by.
I can't see how any person with the slightest bit of common sense would try to rape someone where witnesses can clearly see them in the act.

I mean, the female character can just say no. They can't do anything to her if she declines, not when when they can be caught.
>>
>You've watched this anime before but with a different name
At least some stuff comes out that is still interesting. Every form of media is like this though, we just happen to be more into anime. Its not really insightful or interesting to point out cliches and the best you can hope for is to point out someones waifu as being shit and cliche and get into an argument about it
>>
>>120046639
I would love an anime where everything gets built up to the final conflict, MC gets pushed nearly to death but starts to power up as you describe, and then the villain kills MC like it was nothing. Story ends.
>>
>>120047078
I'm not arguing about whether SAO is good or bad anime. I just don't see how you can consider Kirito an annoying character. It doesn't have to do with SAO as a whole.
>>
>>120046378
Not that anon, but Black Cat had a lot of the important female characters show romantic interest in the MC at one point or another; and (as far as I know) it wasn't a harem manga.

>>120047053
>>120046984

I read the LN's, believe it or not, it gets even worst. I couldn't even finish reading the newest one, just because my heart couldn't handle all the bullshit the author was shoving into there.
>>
>>120046715
>insignidicant
>>
>>120047121

He's a one dimensional, overpowered Gary Stu runt that every female character has an unreasonable attraction to. He's frustrating to watch.
>>
>>120047189
He pretty much represents a fantasy for immature gamer types, since he's super powerful on the basis of being first and supposedly super smart. I'm sure most of the people who love him so much fancy themselves to be some pretty high end power gamers themselves.
>>
>>120047259

His appearance along with that may play a part in that as well. If you think he's a badass, you are likely a child or manchild.
>>
>>120047189

Main characters tend to be overpowered, It's nothing unusual or bad.
Female characters attraction is reasonable.

Yes, he is Gary Stu, but that doesn't make him annoying. Just a bad character.
>>
>have gf now
>get mad at how shittly every single anime I've seen handles romance now

fuck me i've ruined it all
>>
>>120045652
>Anime cliches that drive you up the fucking wall?
Girls that are emotionless except when they do happen to emote.
>>
>>120047284
What is wrong with his appearance?
>>
>>120045652
>Anime cliches that drive you up the fucking wall?
Training arcs. Incidentally I have read Inuyasha in its entirety.
>>
>>120047301
did you honestly believe romance was anything in real life like it is in anime

the thing about anime romance is that even when it's done well, it's just a caricature of the emotion of love. it's blown entirely out of proportion and made to look charming and visually appealing.
when I think about my younger romances and watch romance anime, I get a fairly nostalgic vibe. not because my experience was actually like in the anime, but because I can read those emotions being conveyed through what I'm watching.

maybe try looking at it like that instead?
>>
>>120047337
long black trenchcoat. black everything else. looks like he should be shooting up his local school
>>
Hero go trough years of ordeals to hunt down his enemy. In the end he forgive him.

Martial artists 80 years old able to kick the ass to the juveniles.

I fight for justice, so i will always win no matter what.

The power of friendship.

In the end everyone resurrect or were not dead for real.

Must stay virgin to preserve your power.

Overpowered characters need the help, or are bound, to useless characters.

Ancient beings lectured about life by little kids.

Japanese trying to use westerner mithology and religions.
Moe vampires and demonettes. Succubi scared of sex.

The greatest weapon and only hope of mankind can only be used by an emotionally unstable little kid.

Convenient censoring. Misterious lights. fogs and shit.

Gender bending and futanari.

Guy MC is surrounded by hotties but don't give a shit.
>>
>>120047301
W-wait. Anime romance is not realistic at all?
>>
>>120047171
I don't know how that f got replaced.
>>
>>120047404
I liked everything you said up until genderbending.
>>
>>120047385
sometimes the romance feels like its written by someone who has never loved anyone before.
>>
>>120047385
I guess, I just find it really hard all the same, everything just seems so flat now
I might just have avoid any animes with romance in them

>>120047413
unless you're like a 12 year old kid falling in love at first sight, no
>>
>>120047404
>The greatest weapon and only hope of mankind can only be used by an emotionally unstable little kid.
This one so hard. A lot of shows could benefit from an MC with actual balls. I think nips play it too safe with the high schoolers. Throw us middle aged men a bone when it comes to power fantasy high end sci-fi because I just can't relate to high school drama bullshit nowadays and the majority of the stuff I seek is always medieval settings or ancient non techy.
>>
>>120046196
>walking robots
>walking robots with 4 fingers and an opposable thumb on each hand
>walking robots with heads and two glowing eyes
>walking robots being driven by prepubescent girls and boys
>>
>>120047404
>Hero go trough years of ordeals to hunt down his enemy. In the end he forgive him.
As long there was a development and it is relate able I don't see the problem here.
>>
>>120047449
fucked up perverts have plenty of good ideas... they just manage to ruin them all eventually
>>
>>120047298

But he takes all of those traits to an obnoxious extreme.
>>
>>120047404
>Guy MC is surrounded by hotties but don't give a shit.
That can be pretty based depending on the scenario. But it's really hard to pull off.
>>
>>120047495
>the mech isn't just several energy weapons sticking out of a chassis
>it needs limbs and fingers for some reason, despite just being over-engineered pieces that are one more thing to break and render the entire thing useless
I mean you can literally fire small arms right now with remote signals and no mechanical trigger. why does a finger need to pull the trigger on a comically large rifle?
>>
>>120047391
It was cool in Matrix and It's cool here also.
>>
>>120047573

Neo wasn't an 11 year old gamer with a sword
>>
>made to look charming and visually appealing
Yes, thats kind of the point. Its a visual medium and anime does the sound/visual part very well and takes tons of risks. The harem stuff sells because its marketed to prepubescents with horomones raging.

Real stories come elsewhere.
>>
>>120047573
I was 14 when the Matrix came out, anything with guns was cool. Of course 14 is the target audience for SAO and there isn't even any deeper message about conformity or whatever the fuck matrix had going.
>>
>>120047113
The problem is, that it's difficult to think of a way for that to be implemented through smart writing. Death for shock value is cheap and idiotic, especially when you throw away whatever values/themes/arcs your story has built up at the last moment just so the main character can lose and for no other reason.
>>
>>120047615

The matrix was all gnostic and stuff
>>
>>120047649
it was also metaphysics for morons
>>
>>120047495
>walking robots being driven by prepubescent girls and boys
I can already picture Gundamfags bringing the muh newtype card.
>>
>>120047565
>why does a finger need to pull the trigger on a comically large rifle
Because it's fucking cool.
>>
>>120047565
>soda can missiles
>soda can missiles never hit
>soda can missiles are slower than bullets
>soda can missiles come from lays bag launchers which can never launch just one
>>
>>120047298
>Main characters being overpowered in not bad
Please tell me how an interesting story can be built around someone so strong that nothing poses a challenge. Unless it's a spoof or satire like One Punch Man. SAO is actually dumb enough to think that people will ever think that Kirito is in danger or will lose any fight that matters.
>>
>>120045652
>girl falls down from sky and crashes into MC
>>
>>120047731
Its not, actually.
>>
>>120047511
>a boy being 100% magically transformed into a girl is fucked up
>...

Stop hating nice things.
>>
>>120047462
It's often the case. Only lonely people looking to escape reality through fantasy write romance.
>>
>>120047756
>punches have more kinetic force and are harder to dodge than a point blank firearm
>>
>>120047779
Being more powerful than most other characters doesn't mean he can't ever lose.
For instance Kirito almost lost to Desu Gun if it weren't for Sinon. He also lost to Kayaba and Zekken. Also his guild got rekt and he was too weak to save them.
>>
>>120047801
Hilariously, I totally support trans people, but guys like you are just perverts.
>>
>>120047806
I'd write romance for the stories I could make and the characters who live in it. I'm not the kind of faggot who would ever self insert, even as a child. I prefer to forever remain a third party.
>>
File: 1421567580409.gif (546 KB, 329x272) Image search: [Google]
1421567580409.gif
546 KB, 329x272
>>120047731
no, it's not. its fucking stupid.
>>
File: yesand.jpg (15 KB, 171x285) Image search: [Google]
yesand.jpg
15 KB, 171x285
>>120047879
>guys like you are just perverts
Unless you're completely asexual someone is going to think you're a pervert no matter what you're into
>>
>>120047879
>supporting transshit
>calling idealized magical transformation fucked up

You're a faggot and an idiot. End of discussion.
>>
>>120047779
You make a conflict out of overpowered characters by making their strength irrelevant to the conflict, such as by putting them in situations where they are forced to choose or making their power come at cost or whatever

I haven't seen SAO and I doubt it does anything like that
>>
I know. Kanbaru's crush on Araragi is the worst.
>>
>>120047929
If the best defense for your fetish is, "well I'm not the only one out there that thinks it's okay", you might want to rethink it.

>>120047947
You're a douche and a closet fag, and suits me fine, I don't want to talk to you.
>>
>>120048017
b-b-but that's what a fetish is
>>
>Anime goes full Japanese nationalist on the audience, and suddenly the resource scarce, island nation with a declining population, stagnant economy, and low budget military is able to match entire continents, unions, and highly populated countries in political influence.
>>
>>120048017
why does someone need to defend their fetish? It's not pedophilia, so what's the problem?
>>
>>120047897
That is obviously a force kick.
>>
>>120048017
Its not a "best defense", its cold logic. I don't even care what he's talking about but trying to moralize sexuality is just stupid. You're literally saying "You're a pervert and thats bad. I mean I'm a pervert too, but thats not bad"

Why don't you start a church about it?
>>
>>120048017
The genderbender is 100% a fucking girl that might as well have never been a boy in the first place, you retarded faggot. It's the personality and characteristics feminized that's the appeal.
>>
>>120048060
jej
>>
>>120048046
Does anime really do this enough that it could be called a cliche? I can only think of one or two instances of it
>>
>>120048127
Another homo with his "man and woman is about attitude" bullshit...
Look, i respect you, but it doesn't work this way.
>>
File: smug anime cunt.jpg (59 KB, 565x575) Image search: [Google]
smug anime cunt.jpg
59 KB, 565x575
>KUROE!! SUPER ATTACK!!
>HUGE BLAST
>SMOKE EVERYWHERE
>"Di-Did I get him...?"
>Smoke starts fading away
>NANI
>"Haaaaaah? Oi oi, is that all you got?"
>bad guy does move
>MC: "Shimatta-"
>BOOM
>"That was too easy."
>bad guy turns around and starts walking away
>hears footsteps
>close-up of bad guy's eyes, iris becomes tiny
>turns around, NANI?!
>MC jumps out of smoke with guitar solo soundtrack playing
>time stops
>Bad guy: Bakana.../How did he...?!
>MC punches/kicks/hurts bad guy
>MC lands, when he stands up he wipes off the blood leaking from the side of his mouth
>Your attack was fast, but I (proceeds to explain)
>Zoom to bad guy's mouth, smiles
>"omoshiroi..."
>HAHAHA OMOSHIROI ANATA NO CHIKARA WA HONTO NI SUGOI!!
>>
>>120045751
>>120046196
>>120046458
>>120047391
>>120047495
>>120047565
>>120047597
>>120047793

Fuck you faggots. Why can't stuff look cool randomly for no reason? Anime is a fucking visual medium, so why can't it make use of it? If you don't want flashy and cool animation and art style that may contradict with reality, go read a book.
>>
>>120048337
>People calmly state they don't like a thing
>wow stop sperging wtf its just how things are dont question it ever
>>
>>120048299
>>120048337
It can look cool without being stupid. I'm sorry you like stupid things.
>>
>>120048270
It's a literal fucking girl without any physical traits of a former male ever being there and without shitty surgery for fakers. How little braincells do you have to have to fucking properly mentally process this?

>...
Just fuck off. I'm talking to a retard and probably a newfag.
>>
the girl taking interest or talking with the loner
>>
File: 1400669527672.jpg (4 MB, 1920x4440) Image search: [Google]
1400669527672.jpg
4 MB, 1920x4440
>21st century World revolves around Japan, Japan is still a major player in the world politically and militarily. World gives a single shit about Japanese news.

>Somehow Japan is the last country in the world left standing after WW3, even though it's right next too China, Russia and North Korea.

>Whoever writes the show/manga etc etc not bothering to give a fuck learning about cultural mannerisms and norms of people from ANY OTHER COUNTRY IN THE WORLD. So you get anime set in say England or America or characters that are blatantly not Japanese, still acting 100% like Japanese people and using Japanese mannerisms.

>If anime is not set in Japan, they will always try name drop Japan as much as possible "*Some proverb* This is a saying from a land in the east called Japan" etc etc

>If anime is political, 99% of the time it will be circlejerking off over Japanese Fascism.

>Stupid as fuck clothes that make no fucking sense and look really out of place (e.g Major in SAC)

>Generic character tropes (girly looking beautiful guy with plum in throat voice, long silver haired cunning person, cute anime girl who is basically braindead and serves only too console MC, evil Loli etc etc)

I would also add that writing of females in anime can be hit and miss. Generally when it's a female MC, she's written perfectly fine, but if it's a female secondary character, they are generally written as a bland shitty trope. Though I think anime in general has better representation of female characters than western shows.
>>
File: 1403673306311.png (72 KB, 285x315) Image search: [Google]
1403673306311.png
72 KB, 285x315
>>120048271
I can't help but love that stuff, no matter how incredibly generic it is.
>>
>>120048513
Holy shit, calm down. Or take your meds. Or something.
>>
>>120048299

The met complaints may seem spergy since its just supposed to be cool, but I can't really let SAO get by on that.
>>
>>120048568
No. I am not tolerating stupid people and their stupid opinions just because some faggots think everyone is entitled to them by default. Just like I'm not tolerating the flagrant stupidity of yours. Kill yourself.
>>
>SAO, Free! Persona, Nisekoi, IS etc. All of them features MCs that have short, dark hairstyles with strands that sometimes block their eyes.
It's like there's this giant conspiracy conjured in agreement by major anime studios, LN writers and manga artists who decided that their MCs should all resemble each other, be nice guys, and be generic as possible.
>>
>>120048529
I find they're on average a little old-fashioned, particularly (and I find this a little surprising) if you look at shoujo. Those stories very often end in marriage, or being with the guy of their dreams, or some other end goal that's defined relationally and through a man. That gets a little lame.
>>
File: 1418596130135.gif (266 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1418596130135.gif
266 KB, 500x281
>>120048692
>>
>>120047449
>>120047511
>>120047801
>>120047879
>>120047929
>>120047947
>>120048017
>>120048044
>>120048049
>>120048086
>>120048127
>>120048270
>>120048513

>2015
>still arguing over what is fetish or what is "allowed" in sexuality
>>
File: 1413098036708.jpg (23 KB, 345x450) Image search: [Google]
1413098036708.jpg
23 KB, 345x450
>>120048529
>Setting in which japan is playing some role in world politics
>Japanese politicians are the only ones that act honerabry
>Japanese armed forces are the only ones with any morals whatsoever
>>
File: out.webm (720 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
out.webm
720 KB, 1280x720
>Girl runs out in front of MC
>Spins around really fast
>Says something stupid and cringey

The more shows I watch the more these canned segments start to annoy me. This one has become grounds for an immediate drop.
>>
>>120048862
You never said anything dumb and cringey as a kid? Not that I'm saying it should be the only way stories ever advance in anime. But it's a pretty common teenage thing, even in the real world.
>>
>>120048757
Well, that is sort of what people in Japan typically look like, and most people are generally decent or "nice" people. Sure it is generic, but it's not like there has to be a conspiracy for that to happen.
>>
>Every character is drawn as attractive as humanly possible
>People laughing in comedy shows
>Reference humour
Cromartie is spoiling me
>>
>>120048841
Come to think of it, EVA didn't really hit any of those. If anything the Japanese were worse than everyone else, except the cocky dude who built the nuclear robot.
>>
>>120048271
Is there anything interesting in this CP ?
you can just say "Smoke-1 hit- end"
>>
>>120048918
It's less the cringey thing they say than the situation as a whole. I just don't understand how a writer/director trying to invoke an emotional response could think "yeah, I'll do the spin-around thing, works everytime!" It's so damn lazy.
>>
>>120048862
what did she say?
>>
>>120048531
Congratulations, you're a manchild with no standards.
>>
I don't hate it, but when will tsundere go out of fashion?
>>
>war/battle setting
>more than half the cast are teenagers
>even the super high command guys
Replace teenagers with female and it's almost an instant drop/avoidance.
>>
>>120049135
Heh, like the last-second airport rush, or the overheard confession. I'm not a huge fan of that either, but it does give you a really reliable sense of what will happen next. It's nice when things get mixed up a little, but if everything's random and 100% original all the time, there's no standard to break.

I realize that's not the best excuse, but you'd be surprised how often people want reliable tropes and cliches, and how mad they get when you don't give them those resolutions.
>>
File: 1399657094100.gif (2 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1399657094100.gif
2 MB, 640x360
>>120049245
But it's fun anon, do you really hate fun?
>>
>>120049328
Am I allowed to rape this loli?
>>
>>120049373
She's not mine, do what you want.
>>
>shade covering characters eyes

shitty anime artists can't draw emotive characters
>>
You know what cliche drives me up the wall? Retards complaining about girls wanting the MC's dick.

He's the MC. He's always handsome, and almost always powerful, a genius, charismatic, and/or otherwise special. If those MCs existed IRL, they would still get swarmed with pussy.
>>
>>120049373
You ask for permission before raping someone ?
>>
>>120049423
I'm a pretty reasonable guy.
>>
>>120049248
It's been in anime almost since the beginning. It's not going away
>>
>>120048176
watch more anime
>>
File: 1421470904812.jpg (84 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1421470904812.jpg
84 KB, 600x600
>>120046196
>>
>>120045652
Using the most effective weapon last instead of first, even if there are no downsides to using it.
>>
>>120048176
They do it all the time. They're unable to process the fact that SK and now China have caught up and in certain aspects completely surpassed them in matter such as economics and technology, all while Japan seems to be declining.
>>
>>120049650
There wouldn't be any fight otherwise tho.
>>
>>120049328
You don't like what anon likes so you're a manchild.
>>
>>120048990
The Japanese are polite, but I wouldn't say they're more decent or nice than the rest, if we're going by comparison. They're raised with a more rigid form of what is considered good mannerisms, but there's a reason why they're also seen as distant, reserved, and just overall less social than others groups of people.

>>120049025
>Nuclear
Will Japan ever let go of nuclear weapons? Yes, the atomic bombings were horrific, but rarely do I see the Japanese mention that firebombing has killed far more of them in the War, or the fact that the Japanese had their fair share of employing human experimentation and biological warfare.
>>
>>120048017
>I am ok with trans, etc., etc.
>Calling someone a fag as an insult

Anon please pick a side already
>>
>>120049229
>I'll suck your tranny dick, anon!
>>
>>120049696
I know it's necessary, it just seems silly.
>>
>>120049484
>>120049676
Can you list some examples? I can only think of two: Code Geass, Mahouka Koukou and Gundam Seed.
>>
shock after someone reaches an obvious decision
several shots of a character saying a line
combination of the previous two
>>
>>120049462
I was hoping it would recede more into the bkgrnd is all.
>>
>>120049434
"Can I rape you?"

"No"

"Ok"
>>
The worst cliche is hetshit
>>
Calling things cliche is so cliche
>>
>>120050128
Yea.
>>
>>120050192
What?
Googled but don't get it...
>>
>>120045652
I swear to god, no face in anime has ever turned me on as much as this one did right here.
>>
>Anime has characters expressing how exactly how they feel, along with the an exaggerated blatant emotional reaction of that feeling.
Is this a cultural thing, like how Japanese humor has a tendency to explain joke?
>>
What is the name of the cliche where /v/ makes shitty threads for casuals?
>>
File: 1358434708449.jpg (21 KB, 246x370) Image search: [Google]
1358434708449.jpg
21 KB, 246x370
>>120050036
>bkgrnd
>>
>>120050313
Autism?
>>
>>120045652
Harem shit everywhere.
Whats this? You thought this was a mecha? Wrong Harem. Hey we're stuck in a deadly video game! Surprise! harem!

I really wouldn't care about it, if Harem anime stayed within it's own genre, but it seems to have infected everything as of late. It's as if the animators have never had a platonic friendship with a woman their entire god damn lives.

Next up, highschoolers. Why is it so inconceivable for once to have an ADULT MAN or WOMAN as the protagonist? Fuck, they don't have to be that old, say 20 or something. Just for once can it not be a god damn 15 year old who is piloting a mech or joining a revolutionary group or falling in love. Yes, there are shows where you have older characters, but they seem to be in the overwhelming minority. There is a place for the coming of age storys, but Anime as a whole seems to be entirely saturated with this.
>>
>MC never responds to hugs because he's too cool to show interest
>MC is generally asexual
Fuck this shit. Pure otaku bait. I'm getting really tired of MC's with superiority complexes.
>>
>>120050438
>Next up, highschoolers.

Oh, right! I'm >>120047404
And i should have not forgot the fucking highschool setting. Until it match the story is still okay, but overpowered highschool with demons or made to protect the earth from aliens and shit... just no!
>>
>>120047404
>Moe vampires and demonettes. Succubi scared of sex.
fuck you pleb, you have have shit taste
>>
>>120050438
Not to mention the coming of age in a 21th century society happens in the early 20's, and not as a hormone-driven 14-year old.
>>
>>120050438
... and usually they use teenagers cause this is a way to avoid sexual relationship and serious romance.
>>
>>120050509
I did that in high school because I was socially inept and didn't know how to respond to being hugged.
>>
>>120050438
Adult characters means the female romantic interests can't plausibly be virgins, and nobody wants to see that trash. Hence most anime about adult characters are seinen adaptations with no romance.
>>
I hate how Harem has sort of crept into everything.

It's odd that it'd be more original to just tell a romance between two people in nearly any anime story, or just have that romance be the backdrop for the wackiness.

I also feel like there's an untapped goldmine of the sort of humorous things that happen in relationships. Or trying to balance a relationship with GIANT MECHA PILOTING. It'd be fun and original.
>>
>>120050573
Anime has convinced me that either Universities don't exist in Japan, or they play absolutely no role in in the growth of a person as they're completely ignored in every coming of age story.
>>
>>120050604
Because Japanese writers have no clue how to write geniune romances. It's depressing.
>>
>>120050641
This is Japan we're talking about, there is absolutely a sizable population of both men and women who are virgins, so if they want to be complete weird virgin fags they can be.
>>
>>120050681
Western romances are worse.
>>
>>120050643
Harem is a good way to have the MC continuosly cockblocked by a third party. Once again is a plot device to not the main couple cross the line.
Meanwhile in a shojo manga the female MC would have already porked every guy twice... i will never understand.
>>
File: 1411839083041.jpg (47 KB, 680x418) Image search: [Google]
1411839083041.jpg
47 KB, 680x418
>>120050604
>a way to avoid sexual relationship and serious romance.
SAO was the hero we needed, yet anon refused it.
>>
>>120049781
>or the fact that the Japanese had their fair share of employing human experimentation and biological warfare.

Haha, girlfriend is a historian and she loves Asian media from China/Korea/Japan and this is always what drives her up the wall about the Japanese apparently, the idea in Japan "We were doing nothing wrong and were fighting honourable defensive war, then the Americans nuked us for no reason"
>>
>>120050720
They are, in some aspects. But anime should strive higher. There's no reason to let western shit be an excuse of sloppiness.
>>
>>120050438
>Next up, highschoolers. Why is it so inconceivable for once to have an ADULT MAN or WOMAN as the protagonist?

This, so much.
Especially because none of them actually act like teenagers, but people in their 20s.
>>
>>120050438
You sound like a casual who ready to quit watching anime
>>
>>120050623
Someone hugs you, you hug them back. What are you? Retarded?
>>
>>120050681
They do. Leran to shojo/josei.
Is just that male audience hate it. She MUST be virgin! And must not even hinted a sexual relationship cause once a japanese small dick goes into a vagina, the moment they pull it out it already became a black loose vagina, oozing with rotting fluids, that doesn't feel any good unless you have a space rocket as a penis. And a woman that had sex break and became an unfaithfull slut always hungry for dicks.
>>
>>120050832
>was
>>
>>120050849
>implying this isnt true
>>
>>120050849
I don't understand the whole otaku purity fetish. What makes virgins so special and appealing to them? Have they just not heard that your first time generally sucks and that there's a reason first relationships nearly always fail?
>>
>>120050853
*what were you? Retarded?
>>
>>120050849
Bullshit. Otakus are just romantic loners who like the idea of being a woman's first and only love. You seem personally offended by the idea that other cultures still value virginity.
>>
>>120050950
Insecurity. If the girl is just as clueless as he is, then she won't judge his performance. Instead, they'll learn together.
>>
>bad guy of the week shows up
>they send a few retards in to fight him just to show how powerful he is
>MC beats him a few minutes later

I hate this with a passion, there are better ways to do it
>>
>>120050849
>wanting realistic romance
>not wanting something as far from reality as possible
>Not wanting to see two cute awkward virgins blushing just holding each other's hands and doing other cute lovey dovey stuff
>>
>>120046458

>everyone makes mention of Ichigo's hair in Bleach

This pleased me
>>
>>120051011
Romance without sex is fucking boring though. And romance that becomes too unrealistic loses its touch and just becomes wish fulfillment. A romantic relationship has to have a certain sense of authenticity to it.
>>
>>120051011
this

reality sucks, If you want realistic shit, why watch anime?
>>
>>120050681
Speaking of which, I'm sick and tired of the complete sexual dysfunctionality that permeates throughout anime. Lets give you the skimpiest armor, boob windows and all. Lets show you panty shots, and completely over sexualize the female body.

Like for fucks sake man, I wanted to jack off, I'd watch god damn porn. I'm here to watch things blow up, or to see where this plot goes, or to see how this character is going to defeat the baddie.

Not to mention when it comes to sex it self, it seems insurmountably difficult to have two human beings having a normal healthy sexual relationship.
>>
>>120050849
Otaku ruin everything with their insecurity issues again. Fuck, this whole thread can be summed up with the word Otaku. It's the cause of so many industry problems.
>>
>>120050950
>being able to be happy with someone who slept with someone else
>>
>>120051071
For a medium that constantly cockteases you, it sure as fuck never actually rewards you. Do otaku get off by panty shots and boob grabs still? It's just too tame for me. Where the actual sex?
>>
>>120050952
Pretty much. It was also because of getting hung up on how to interpret the action -- why is a qt3.14 hugging me? And what if my hug is weird, like I hug too hard or something? I didn't want to look like a creep or make a fool of myself.

So I'd just act aloof.
>>
>>120050961
I'm totally okay with virgins.
What i hate is the constant teasing and cockblocking. Normal humans would go crazy. And the main guy acting like he doesn't have a dick.
Wanna make an innocent relationship? Then don't make the main couple act like a middle aged pair tired of sex and looking for more extreme sensations!
Don't make the guy accidentally give cunnilingus to every girl!
Play it innocent.
>>
>>120051077
see
>>120050733
Otaku aren't obstructing sex in anime.
>>
>>120051053
I don't really give a single fuck about sex, nor 'authenticity' (not that I would ever know exactly what that is). I just want something cute and heartwarming to detract from the horrors of the world. I don't want drama about a relationship that is falling apart, or cheating or any shit like that. I can't imagine why anyone would.
>>
>>120051057
Fucking bullshit. Reality is almost always stranger and more interesting than fiction. My problem with the medium is that it has become so fucking limited to Otaku shit where you have set characters, formulas, and so little genuinely new material.
>>
>>120051128
Shoujo romances are like sometimes that, but they're so outrageously innocent that you'd be lucky to see the main couple so much as hold hands once every twenty chapters, even if they'be already confessed their undying love to one another. It's too far in the other direction
>>
>>120051158
Never watched SAO, but it wasn't the anime inwhich the guy refused a girl explicitly asking for it?
>>
>>120051209
>I just want something cute and heartwarming
That is appealing to a certain extent. But when that "cute" becomes the medium itself, then something has gone terribly wrong. Currently, there is a huge weight towards the cute and fantasy romance because it's what otaku prefer. There needs to be more diversity.
>>
File: 1413504609920.jpg (40 KB, 314x540) Image search: [Google]
1413504609920.jpg
40 KB, 314x540
>>120046779
>>
>>120050438
>You thought this was a mecha? Wrong Harem

Genres aren't mutually exclusive you fucking retard.

>hurr durr muh adults

Adults are too pretentious.

>>120050573
>>120050652
>universities playing an important role in coming of age

You either went to a shit highschool or had a poorly disciplined life prior to uni. I'm guessing you guys are anglos..
>>
File: 1416802338724.png (1 MB, 1005x1127) Image search: [Google]
1416802338724.png
1 MB, 1005x1127
>>120051210
>reality
>interesting

That is complete and total bullshit, sure if you cherry pick, and hyperbolize and embellish there might be moments of some interest, but not overall. Reality in general sucks.
>>
>>120051285
normalfags who enjoy drama/cheating/NTR in their romances aren't the ones buying BDs and figs, just go watch your western television
>>
>>120050643
>Or trying to balance a relationship with GIANT MECHA PILOTING
Kinda like Daimidaler but more serious?
>>
>>120051265
Actually shojo mangas goes a lot into petting and very often even into sex.
>>
>>120051319
Reality is what you make out of it. If your mindset is that it sucks and it is boring, then of course it's going to be like that. I've had friends in relationships who have told me stories I've previously thought fantasy. Imagination is the limit. Even in an actual relationship.
>>
>>120051285
I can't say I agree. I firmly believe romance should be idealized, as it always has been in fiction. Continuing a trend that has gone on for thousands upon thousands of years isn't wrong I don't think.
>>
>>120051282
Nope.
>she randomly strips down to her underwear after a romantic dinner because she's an awkward nerd and has no idea what she's doing
>he goes full PANIC.gif because he's just as bad
>she gets embarassed and tsun
>they both calm down immediately
>they have super sweet loveydovey sex
>they drop everything and move to a mountain cabin and fuck like rabbits
Everyone focuses on what SAO did wrong, and never on the things it did so goddamn right.
>>
File: code geass.jpg (264 KB, 1040x856) Image search: [Google]
code geass.jpg
264 KB, 1040x856
I AM ANIME MAIN CHARACTER

I AM VERY COOL AND DON'T SHOW ANY EMOTIONAL ATTACHMENT TO WOMEN

YOU CAN SEE BY MY DISMISSIVE WAY OF HER APPROACH TO INTIMACY BEING CLEAR PROOF OF MY SUPERIOR BEING
>>
>>120051364
I know they do sometimes. Other times, it's the crap I mentioned
The point is, anime can't do "innocent" well either
>>
>>120051209
People can be shitty. But that doesn't mean it can't make for good story telling. There's no reason to not have a story that starts with a relationship that eventually falls apart and breaks the protagonist. He or she would mope about, or bury themselves in work, or do something to numb the pain. But then they build themselves up and become happy and more mature after all of it.

Right now most of this kind of stuff just stays too safe and doesn't try to venture out and try different things.
>>
>>120051386
So what you are saying is that reality truly is boring, but if you use your imagination to basically fictionalize reality it becomes more interesting than fiction itself?

I'm afraid I don't follow what you are trying to say.
>>
>>120051071
>over sexualize the female body.
That's redundant. The female body is by definition sexual.

>If it's not X, I will look for something else!

Anime wasn't made for you.

>normal healthy sexual relationship.

No one can come up with an explanation as to what is a normal healthy sexual relationship without being contradictory.
>>
>>120051456
Disregard bitches acquire strategic mastery.
>>
>>120051406
Okay time to watch this shit.
Is quite a turn off for me when is about fake virtual worlds inwhich they are basically dreaming... wait... I knew there was a trick!
>>
The same retarded fucking zero quality threads being made every single god damn fucking day.

That is what I hate the most.
>>
>>120051468
Reality is the result of our imagination and how we perceive and interpret it. Making a blanket statement that reality is shit is a failure of perception rather than failure of reality itself. There is no reality but the one in your head.
>>
>>120046639
all of my this
>>
>>120050849
>Is just that male audience hate it. She MUST be virgin! And must not even hinted a sexual relationship cause once a japanese small dick goes into a vagina, the moment they pull it out it already became a black loose vagina, oozing with rotting fluids, that doesn't feel any good unless you have a space rocket as a penis. And a woman that had sex break and became an unfaithfull slut always hungry for dicks.

Your projecting your shitty insecurities onto a whole population. Kill yourself.
>>
>>120051465
True enough, but in that case wouldn't that not be romance and instead simply have used the relationship as a plot device instead of the main attraction?
>>
>>120045652
So do you mean like, just romance in general or do you just dislike harem
>>
>this thread
Wait a second. Are you saying love relationships are not actually as depicted in the average anime and manga?
>>
>>120051210
>Reality is almost always stranger and more interesting than fiction

It isn't. Reality seems stranger because it doesn't match your ideals. But it actually isn't that strange.
>>
>>120051523
It has all the same emotional significance and physical sensations of real sex. The only difference is no pregnancy/STDs.
>>
>>120051546
That's what i learned from your media. Blame your mangakas.
>>
>>120051541
>Reality is the result of our imagination and how we perceive and interpret it.

Take your pseudo-intellectual bullshit to >>>/lit/
>>
>>120050950
Personally I just find non-virgin characters less attractive. There's just something boring about the girl already being used to it all already. It doesn't mean I cant find non-virgin characters attractive but they better have some other good attribute going for them.
>>
>>120051523
It's a good anime. Ignore those autismos who randomly bash it for no reason as if it was the worst anime in the existence.
>>
File: 1416736581182.jpg (70 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
1416736581182.jpg
70 KB, 1024x576
>>120045652
An anime cliche thread?

We are going to have to use, that!
>>
>>120051307
>Genres aren't mutually exclusive you fucking retard.

No fucking shit. What I'm pointing out is that the Harem genre is over used and thrown in with more things.

>You either went to a shit highschool or had a poorly disciplined life prior to uni. I'm guessing you guys are anglos..

I was fortunate enough to have an excellent education but are you honestly suggesting that person ever stops learning and growing? Or even at that young of an age?
>>
>>120051071
what are you, some type of homo, or maybe a woman?
>>
>>120051621
>this is what I learned from hentai
>>
File: 1416018663039.png (284 KB, 598x619) Image search: [Google]
1416018663039.png
284 KB, 598x619
>>120046483
>Girl 1: "Do you have a crush on MC?"
>Girl 2: "WAAAAIIIIIIII- N-N-NO!"

I think you mean:

A-ko: "Do you have a crush on MC?"
B-ko: "WAAAAIIIIIIII- N-N-NO!"
>>
>>120051661
>It's a good anime.
Only the first arc.
>>
>>120051621
No you didn't, unless the only manga you read is mindbreak hentai. Stop bullshitting, you're obviously a normalfag or a 3DPD slut, just fuck off.
>>
> my hips are moving on they're own
>>
>>120051660
Would you find a women less attractive if she isn't a virgin?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 46

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.