[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
SPACE DANDY
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2
File: dandy-finale-1.png (172 KB, 700x419) Image search: [Google]
dandy-finale-1.png
172 KB, 700x419
I'm sad that this show is over.
and I'm sad that we wont get anymore (will we?)

What did /a/ think of the finale?
The 2nd season was more out there for me, and I feel like there was alot more stuff that went over my head.
and episode 25 was...idk pointless?
even with the explanation in episode 26 I'm still lost.
help?
>>
>and I'm sad that we wont get anymore (will we?)
The studio recently tweeted asking fans if they wanted more

so, there is a good chance we'll get more. It was well received. Good sales would help the case as well. To expensive for me though
>>
>>119995202
Space Dandy seems like one of those film student pet projects that they have to make no matter what it costs
It's just that in this case, it's a multinational team of artists, writers, actors and animators.

I love this show, but there's no way I love it as much as the people making it. That'd be almost impossible
>>
>>119995202
I'm planning to buy the season 1 DVD, but I'm not sure if it has all 26 episodes.

i'm looking forward to more....the possibilities are pretty much endless, but it's really hard to know "when to think" and when it's all just fun...if that makes sense.
>>
>>119995102

It had the best ending of 2014 and good OST

Can't wait to see an OVA or something like that
>>
>>119995348
This?
http://www.amazon.com/Space-Dandy-Season-Limited-Blu-ray/dp/B00Q582KZY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1421564787&sr=8-1&keywords=space+dandy

It's just the first 12 episodes. Which was technically season 1 in the states at least. Way to expensive for me for only 12 eps.
>>
>>119995497
yeah
thats only 12 episodes??

yeah, fuck, I can't swing that. $50 is too much for 12 episodes, as much as I'd love to spend that I don't have the money.
>>
Loved space dandy but season 2 was so ducking different that season 1
>>
>>119995800
**2nd cour
>>
>>119995743
I'm sure there will be a complete set with all 26 in a year or two for much less than $100 total.
>>
>>119995800
It wasn't that different it was just more consistent with it's episodes. First cour had amazing episodes then absolute shit ones but 2nd was more or less the same throughout.
>>
>>119995743
yeah, item description is 325 or so minutes. that's only 12 maybe 13 episodes. Kind of disappointing since funimation is usually the cheapest licensor around.
>>
>>119996041
what does cour mean exactly?[/spoler]
>>
Is there any show out there more unpredictable than Dandy? I can't think of any that change genre, tone and setting so drastically from episode to episode

It's a little frustrating because all we can say is that we're looking forward to more, but Dandy changes so much, you've got no clue what exactly it is you're looking forward to when you say that
>>
>>119996097
It's kind of like a second season basically, go google it or some shit.
>>
File: saddandy.png (269 KB, 527x469) Image search: [Google]
saddandy.png
269 KB, 527x469
>>119995102
>I'm sad that this show is over.

I know that feel, anon.
>>
>>119996097
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=112808
there ya go.
>>
>>119996135
Well, I can say I'm looking forward to more of the comedic existential musing Dandy stuff.

The time loop episode was probably my favorite.
>>
>>119996135
Gintama.
>>
Best episode of both seasons was the afterworld one. Everything else was secondary and birdgirl is my waifu.
>>
>>119996604
what episode ##?
you mean the one where Dandy is dead so the planet sends him to a parallel universe at the end?
>>
>>119996658
Yeah
>>
>>119996964
A World with no Sadness was so fucking good
It was more like a fairy tale than an anime episode. I didn't even think the medium was capable of producing something like it. All I know is that I want more
>>
Great series, seriously overlooked on /a/ bc of the multi-cultural staff and *some* western influence (but even then it is Watanabe...what else would you expect?)

Finale was the perfect and definitive end, wrapped things up nicely. I wouldnt mind a few movies though. Another season would be pushing it.
>>
There were a couple of exceptional episodes, but, for the most part, it was only valuable as a vehicle for sakuga.
The sakuga was amazing, though, so I guess it's fine.
>>
I want more Dandy.

I love how each episode was headed by a different director and group of animators, it all felt like a big celebration of creative talents. I want more shows like this, a new season of Dandy would be just as good as the last two if they follow the same philosophy.

I have no idea how they will top that finale though.
>>
The one where the visit Meow's planet is my favorite. It captures such a cozy feeling while they're trapped in time, partially because the soundtrack lends itself so well to the episode.

The humor is great, I love when the three of them think they've figured out what's going on and start grinning to themselves, and the narrator cuts in and scolds them for getting it wrong.

And then at the end, they leave you with that little bit about how although time is moving forward again, their days are still pretty much the same. That hit me on a deeper level.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.