[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Romance General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 222
Thread images: 57
File: sakura_sakura.jpg (90 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
sakura_sakura.jpg
90 KB, 1280x720
So, /a/, let's talk Romance.

I'm in a melodramatic mood, so I feel like discussing the softer side of anime. So, what are your favorite romantic animu? Do you prefer dramatic, touching stories or comfy feel-good shit? Single Heroine or Harem? Sex or no sex? Ecchi? Psychological shit? How important is resolution? Anime or VN? We want to know.

Go ahead, let it all out.
>>
File: mr_standoffish_man.jpg (50 KB, 350x482) Image search: [Google]
mr_standoffish_man.jpg
50 KB, 350x482
...I suppose I'll start things off. I prefer light, fluffy shit. I know, fight me. Ecchi and fanservice kind of turn me off, though, unless it's gonna go the full way. I suppose my tastes range from Nozaki-Kun to Grisaia. (Although, after playing Grisaia I feel like my heart needs a fucking bath)
>>
>general
Thread's already kill.
>>
A lot of lighthearted romcoms end up being trash so I've grown to prefer more serious/dramatic romances.
>>
File: 1387789439319.jpg (800 KB, 1330x3000) Image search: [Google]
1387789439319.jpg
800 KB, 1330x3000
Best Romanze.
>>
File: 1412158735768.jpg (58 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1412158735768.jpg
58 KB, 500x500
Blood-related Brother Sister Romance Is Best.
>>
>>119800214
The romance where the girls are so bad that he doesn't want to be with any of them
>>
>>119798498
>favorite romantic animu
Gonna go with Toradora. Golden Time was enjoyable for me, but Toradora is still great.

>Do you prefer dramatic, touching stories or comfy feel-good shit?

A good mixture of all those sounds good. Love can be dramatic, so if it handles situations well enough, it'll work out. Uplaying needless drama is shit, though

>Single Heroine or Harem?

A well done love triangle or trapezoid

>Sex or no sex?
Sex would be nice. As would having the characters be young adults, in college or something. We need more of that.

>Ecchi?

I'll pass. But sexy characters and moments are greatly welcome.

>Psychological shit?

Love is purely psychological.

>How important is resolution?

I'd be more interested in seeing how a couple manages their relationship once they've gotten around to kissu/fucking once, than leading up to it.

>Anime or VN?
Anime. So I can watch it comfily in bed.

Oh, and a final thing. Have the MC not be a lead head
>>
File: 1387774765609.jpg (660 KB, 828x1200) Image search: [Google]
1387774765609.jpg
660 KB, 828x1200
>>119800303
Actually the girls were incredible. The horses are just so much better.
>>
File: 1415329611367.png (853 KB, 3500x1967) Image search: [Google]
1415329611367.png
853 KB, 3500x1967
Nodame Cantabile, Kimi no Todoke, Kare Kano.

I dont know why, but I also like romances between side characters.
>>
File: 46203886_p0.jpg (220 KB, 750x750) Image search: [Google]
46203886_p0.jpg
220 KB, 750x750
>>119800287
>>
File: 1384655500117.gif (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1384655500117.gif
1 MB, 1280x720
All I know is I don't really care for one-sided romances. Like most harem-shit where the MC won't really show affection back because it would ruin people's waifu fantasies.

Stuff like the romance in Katanagatari seems more natural and something I don't have to suspend my belief too far to get why they're in said relationship.

Pic related was good for this most of the time.
>>
>>119799377
Chill, bro. Romance threads are for relaxing.

>>119798498
Resolution is everything in a romance. Everything. There is no such thing as a good romance without resolution. That's why everyone had such a backlash to series in the past year, like Koe no Katachi, Mysterious Girlfriend X, and Sankarea. We need resolution.

I really don't understand why Japan is so intent on denying us romance. Most of us don't have particularly high standards. It's not too much to ask for us to get the bare minimum of

+ a likeable male lead who isn't a complete self-insert and is attractive/successful enough that you can suspend your disbelief for attractive girls liking him
+ a female love interest who is the best girl in the series
+ the characters to get together
+ the characters to kiss
+ the characters getting together before the end, so we can enjoy seeing them as a couple, rather than wasting away from the endless chase
+ no rape or NTR
+ a series that isn't artificially drawn out over hundreds of chapters when it's clearly gone past its time
>>
File: Tasogare_c18_32.png (750 KB, 1096x1584) Image search: [Google]
Tasogare_c18_32.png
750 KB, 1096x1584
>>119800475
>All I know is I don't really care for one-sided romances. Like most harem-shit where the MC won't really show affection back because it would ruin people's waifu fantasies.
The converse of that is when you have a series where both characters know that they like each other long before they get together. I hate that shit so much.

The best romance is where there's still some tension and uncertainty, where the boy has to gamble on the confession or kiss, not knowing the outcome.
>>
>>119800374
>Nodame Cantabile
Good taste. Romance was well done

>>119798498
>So, what are your favorite romantic animu?
Nodame Cantabile, Horimiya, Servant x Service, Bonnouji
Comfy feel good. I loved the first half of Lovely Complex before shit got dragged out
Single heroine, especially since the winner is usually obvious from the promo pic alone.
>Sex or no sex?
Whatever works for the couple.
>Ecchi?
Not really
>Psychological shit?
Good if it's done well like EF
Important if the story needs it.
>Anime or VN?
Whichever medium gets the feelings across.

I really didn't like Kimi ni Todoke.
>>
>>119800555

>+ the characters getting together before the end, so we can enjoy seeing them as a couple, rather than wasting away from the endless chase

I always get upset about this, because a lot of happy fans could be made from seeing this type of show/content more often. But it's not always applicable. Would Haruhi be as interesting as it is if they were just a straight couple after their kiss? etc.
>>
File: minorin.jpg (49 KB, 500x283) Image search: [Google]
minorin.jpg
49 KB, 500x283
I just finished Toradora, and it's one one of the few romances i liked.

h-hold me /a/ ;__;
>>
>>119800660
>>119800374
>Nodame Cantabile
>Romance was well done
Stop.

Nodame Cantabile had cute romance when they were in school in Japan, but even then it got too real at times. When they went to Europe, things just fell apart. It stopped being cute and started being depressing.

I don't want to read a romance where one character hears the other disappeared, but doesn't give a shit.

I don't want to read a romance where the characters just casually start sleeping together.

I don't want to read a romance where the girl has to ask the guy if he's going to propose to her, then he just brushes it off as silly.

I don't want to read a romance where the characters put their careers before their relationship.
>>
>>119800698
>Would Haruhi be as interesting as it is if they were just a straight couple after their kiss? etc.

Can you even start to picture their sex life?
>>
>>119800734
>I don't want a romance that is close to reality whatsoever.
>>
>>119800734
I don't think you understand how any of this works
>>
>>119800781
Yes, exactly! I read romance for its idealization of reality. I want to see characters driven by love. I want to see them drop everything and run out the door when they hear something happened to their love interest. I don't want to see characters get together just because it's comfortable and seemed like the thing to do at the time.
>>
File: 1420778627371.jpg (45 KB, 272x458) Image search: [Google]
1420778627371.jpg
45 KB, 272x458
>get heavily invested in a romance, usually a mango
>its done with serialization and fully translated so you can bang out those chapters as you become more and more enthralled with the characters
>art is superb, you get lost in the pages
>not really a harem so you expect some actual development
>closing in on the final chapters now, oh boy time for some rabu
>series ends almost completely ambiguously with the MC and his skank acting almost the same toward each other as they did during the first chapter
>no kissu no nothing
>>
>>119800555
>a female love interest who is the best girl in the series

Opinion discarded.

>the girl I like the most should win!

And if you meant "best for the MC" you should have specified.
>>
>>119800781
no shit faggot, why do you think we're here
>>
File: nana-to-kaoru-2842303.jpg (210 KB, 1200x863) Image search: [Google]
nana-to-kaoru-2842303.jpg
210 KB, 1200x863
>>
>>119800885
Is it really too much to ask that you shouldn't surround the MC with a bunch of girls, many of which are arguably better than the love interest?

Dusk Maiden worked because Yuuko was unarguably the best girl. No one disagrees with that. And it's not really a harem anyway.

The problem is that faggos like you can't stand the idea of an anime or manga having less than five girls running around, each fitting some niche archetype. Why have that garbage? Just have ONE girl with a multifaceted personality.
>>
>>119800902

I guess it depends on what you're watching it for. Are you here to read a love story, or are you here to self-insert?
>>
File: 1421204906704.png (91 KB, 702x410) Image search: [Google]
1421204906704.png
91 KB, 702x410
>tfw Yui-nee tries to make progress in the Raku-bowl
>>
>>119801013
No, you misunderstand, I just meant that if there are multiple girls, as long as the girl has the best chemistry with MC, nothing else matters. Not her likeability or appearance or personality. You definition of that rule by "best girl" basically means that you'd artificially distinguish between good and bad love stories based on how much you liked the main girl. That borders on self inserting. It leaves in way too much subjectivity if you're trying to list out things that a good romance should have.
>>
>>119798498
>Izumi Tsubaki will never learn how to advance the relationships in her works
>manga will end and Sakura, Seo, Kashima and Mafuyu will never win
Truly, this is fate worse than death
>>
>>119801215
>romance without sexual content

that's like babbys first girlfriend romance
>>
>>119800781
Nigga, this is exact reason why I even like romance in media, because it's perfect and cant exist this way in real life. I dont need a boring story that happens every day outside.
>>
File: 270847.jpg (1 MB, 1000x1340) Image search: [Google]
270847.jpg
1 MB, 1000x1340
>>119801151
No one is reading Kimi ni Todoke wanting Sawako to get together with Ryuu, even if they like him better than Kazehaya. That's because Sawako and Ryuu have a vague friendship at best.

The problem is when you insist on writing stories with a male lead having close relationships with a dozen attractive, fetishy girls. Not only is that unrealistic, it's damaging to the romance.

How does it help your case for a romance between the MC and the girl he loves, when he has a bromance with a cute, dark-skinned tomboy girl on the side? It's natural that fans would be saying, "Why doesn't he go after her instead?"

Bakemonogatari is the fucking worst example of this garbage.
>>
>>119801376
>"Why doesn't he go after her instead?"

Assuming MC and main girl have good chemistry, the retards who think that will always think something equally stupid. I'm not advocating haremshit but you can have other girls (like in Toradora) that don't get in the way by making the viewer think they're a better option.
>>
>>119798498
>Touching and comfy
>Single heroine
>Sex or no sex, either is fine
>Shit can get lewd if it likes
>If by psychological you mean feeling of love
>Resolution is pretty important
>Anime
Just don't make the characters indecisive faggots or dickheads.
>>
>>119800214
Ahh eroge VN made into a normal anime. Always fail of the higest order. Status quo ending every time cause hey lets bully the MC into making a choice. It surely won't cause us all to be spiteful bitches afterwards.
>>
>>119801748
What the fuck are you talking about? Toradora is one of the worst examples. All the girls wanted him, and the audience was split as to who he should end up with.
>>
>>119800911
Is this still going? Did the tomboy NTR nana yet? did they do anything besides just heavy petting soft S&M? Has there been any meaninful progression beyond somehow playing around with sex toys but not actually doing anything sexual.
>>
>>119802656
Yeah, but that was part of my point, the audience is fucking retarded. It's not the writer's fault that people can't see who the best girl is for MC because they're too distracted by muh waifu. Even if you took the distractions away, the kind of people that were sidetracked by it in the first place can't appreciate a good love story anyway.
>>
>>119800343
>favorite romantic animu
Can't be anything other than Toradora! I'm afraid. Manga and LN wise there are way better things, but unfortunately they never got an anime.
I'd prefer a healthy balance of both. When characters don't go through anything tough and still come out on top it feels like nothing to me. On the other hand, in-between the tough times should be comfy things for nice memories and cute antics between the lovers.
>Single Heroine or Harem
Never harem. Ever. Fuck harems. Multiple couples existing throughout the story is nice and sometimes preferred however.
>Sex or no sex
It depends but honestly, most of the time it just makes no sense that sex doesn't happen given the story and characters. The authors tend to block it through silly and often frustrating bullshit, mostly for purityfags probably.
>Ecchi
No. Characters being sexy and whatnot is fine, but ecchi moments just for the sake of ecchi being constantly thrown is just a waste.
>Psychological shit?
Eh... Can't say, as long as the author doesn't make it retarded, I suppose why not?
How important is resolution?
The most important thing in the goddamn world.
Anime or VN?
I have to go with Anime by default on the account that I simply haven't read many VNs yet.
>>
>>119803194
Huh, meant to reply to OP there but okay.
>>
File: bonnouji-4211911.jpg (94 KB, 728x1086) Image search: [Google]
bonnouji-4211911.jpg
94 KB, 728x1086
>>119800734
i bet you loved Bonoujji
>>
>>119800734
SAO fag detected.
>>
>>119798498
I rather no sex, since sex is handled in a very trashy manner whenever it appears on anime. But I do like having kissing and hugging and all of that stuff. That's my problem with Kyoani. Kyoani does some pretty bad romance because they up the purity to some unreasonable high levels to the point shit is barely romance anymore.
>>
File: img000016.jpg (485 KB, 790x1139) Image search: [Google]
img000016.jpg
485 KB, 790x1139
>>
>>119800781
>I don't want a romance that is close to reality whatsoever.

haha oh my god it's almost like people romanticize romance stories. haha nigger what the fuck
>>
I like it best when the characters have real and important reasons for loving eachother, and when they're actually shown to develop them. I like watching them fall in love rather than just decided they like someone.

I can get behind any romance genre so long as it's not melodrama, if the characters act like spastics then I'm out.
>>
>>119798498
White album 2 is the only romance anime that I like since time leap girl. Probably once of the worst genre right now with haremshit
>>
Does anyone only watch or read series that have romance in them?

For me, even if it's subtly implied or there are clearly some hints, it's good enough. It just has to have romance in some way for me. I don't know why.

Of course I love my romance heavy series, but something like magi with Alibaba and Morgiana is enough for me.

Series with 0 romance are hard to get in to.
>>
Nodame Cantabile, Nana, Golden Time, 5 CM Per Second, and Honey and Clover are perhaps the only few titles that depict romance realistically and that's why I adored the hell out of them. It hurts more if you've been one to go through breakups. It's like experiencing them all over again every time those hits you close to home scenes come on, fuck.
>>
>>119798498
Don't recall any/Never watched one focused on that.
In the middle? Maybe the former for the beginnings and "end" of the relationship, and the latter as the sweet middle.
Single and near the start to see development. Never seen an actual harem, with the relationships being solid (and everyone in it loving each other)
>Sex or no sex? Ecchi?
Sure if it's done well, and not just for fan-service.
>Psychological shit?
A bit? Not sure what this means
Most of the time, very. Sometimes it can be open-ended.
>Anime or VN? We want to know.
Whatever works.
>>
File: Kazusa sip.png (219 KB, 340x368) Image search: [Google]
Kazusa sip.png
219 KB, 340x368
>>119803630
>WA2
Good taste. S2 and episode 1 acoustic version: never.
>>
>>119798498
>Anime or VN?
Manga
>>
>>119800343
>I'd be more interested in seeing how a couple manages their relationship once they've gotten around to kissu/fucking once, than leading up to it.
Read Pastel and realize how boring it is.

It only works if there's other stuff going on, like say, Horimiya.

Which is cheating anyways because their relationship basically starts that way.
>>
File: Love Hurts.webm (3 MB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
Love Hurts.webm
3 MB, 1024x576
>>
>>119803980
>Throwing in a random character for no fucking reason
season 2 was so shit
I just wanted more cute moments with ohio and fat thighs.
>>
File: Yukimura.webm (3 MB, 1152x648) Image search: [Google]
Yukimura.webm
3 MB, 1152x648
>>
I love romance because some time ago I started to feel like if I was a 15 y/o girl instead of a 21 years old bear my problems would be shit like romance and love and boys and the world would be better. My favorite so far is Kimi ni Todoke since the Sawako is the fucking opposite of me, she's comfy, cheerful and believes in the future
>>
File: Good End.jpg (280 KB, 1280x1440) Image search: [Google]
Good End.jpg
280 KB, 1280x1440
>>119802623
>>119800214
Just like the fucking Hermit Crab ending.

I fucking hate it.

Pic related is how every romance anime should end.
>>
>>119800475
Quite frankly, I can't rewatch Golden Time because of the retarded ending.

It would have been quite okay otherwise (although still a let down after Toradora!, which is a shame, due to the setting being more interesting) but I really can't stomach the awkwardness of the last episode.
>>
>>119801376
>Bake is the worst example of this.

It's really not.
>>
Am I the only one that hated how Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun ended?
I know, I should read the manga
>>
File: 1417720428435.png (593 KB, 966x720) Image search: [Google]
1417720428435.png
593 KB, 966x720
>>119804226
>>
>>119801013
>Dusk Maiden worked
>Dusk Maiden
>worked

and
>implying there's a best girl at all in that thing

It was just bad, both manga and anime. The only good thing to come out of it is the OST.
>>
Do you consider Steins; Gate romance?
>>
>>119802656
Let the audience be split then, I don't see the problem.

Most people will agree that Toradora! was a good romance series despite the fact that they may have rooted for one of the "loser" girls.

>>119802707
To be fair, it's not entirely clear Taiga is the best choice for Ryuuji in Toradora! until the very end. Both Ami and Minori have good chemistry with him, so I'd say it's perfectly fine to root for either of them as long as you don't go full retard (and accept the fact that they'll inevitably lose and you've known that since the beginning)
>>
>>119800343
>I'd be more interested in seeing how a couple manages their relationship once they've gotten around to kissu/fucking once, than leading up to it.

A story to be romance need to have the love relationship as the focus. A story needs conflict. These two things don't combine too well for stories of after the couple getting together. The only way to make it work is when the story isn't purely romance, so the conflict gets shifted somewhere else.
>>
>>119803194
>Multiple couples existing throughout the story is nice and sometimes preferred however.
This.

Several love triangles are also welcome, but harems are just way too common.

It's not that I think they're automatically bad, but we've really been oversaturated by them by this point.

If the point is to have several cute girls, create several good husbandos for them too and stop pandering to lonely otaku.
>>
>>119804452
I fucking love side romances sometimes.
>>
>>119804468
Only problem i have with those is that they almost always end up being better than the focal couple.
>>
>>119804013
But that random character is the only good thing to come out of the whole franchise.

Both her as a character and the event of her rejection.
>>
>>119804185
I haven't read the original Golden Time light novel, but I'm under the impression the anime adaptation didn't do the story any service. The Toradora anime ws better produced, and even for Toradora itself I remember feeling at the time they were cutting the potential of the story short with some bad changes they made and being somewhat shorter on episodes than it should have been.
>>
>>119804148
>contrived endings over bittersweet endings
Nope.
>>
thinly veiled rec threads are still rec threads
>>
>>119804551
Tell that to the one page threads. Not even thinly veiled.
>>
>>119804551
>rec threads without any recommendations
>>
>>119804546
Yep.
>>
>>119804503
That's because the main couple usually has to have trouble after trouble to pad the series, or because both people have to pander to the audience to sell to the dumb masses.

It shouldn't happen actually well written stuff. In fact, I don't think you should be able to tell which one is the main couple in a well written story, since I deem having just one protagonist to be a little on the cheap side most of the time.
>>
>>119802656
>What the fuck are you talking about? Toradora is one of the worst examples. All the girls wanted him, and the audience was split as to who he should end up with.

That's just a sad example of how stupid anime fans have become. Toradora never presents Ami or Minori as a remotely viable "end". They're nothing but side characters. Granted, the anime adaptation did turn up the harem feel a notch because that's what sells, but it's hardly comparable to a proper harem series.
People being unable to see how it's a Taiga and Ryuuji story from episode one to the end is one of the saddest things I've had to see in all my time here. It seriously makes you lose hope on humanity.
>>
>>119804610
Nuh-uh.
>>
>>119804588
>without recommendations
Not him but >what are your favorite romantic animu
>>
>>119804654
Uh-huh.

>>119804665
Yes.
>>
>>119804148
Disney pls go
>>
>>119798498
Nisekoi a best
>>
>>119804654
I agree with you, nigguh. Logical ending even if it's sad is better than generic good end
>>
>>119804721
No, I'm not blinded by the /u/ goggles. I can see clearly.
>>
>>119798498
We need more properly done omnibus anime like Amagami SS.
>>
>>119804640

I was more concerned with how shit Todora than who got with whom (though obviously Taiga was going to win). This was back when I probably only saw like 25+ anime too ..
>>
File: 54ec194c5f549a48190294e1b51a237c.jpg (925 KB, 1299x1476) Image search: [Google]
54ec194c5f549a48190294e1b51a237c.jpg
925 KB, 1299x1476
>>119804968
Kyoko wants Sayaka, but Sayaka is straight.
>>
I love when good romances get viewed in /a/.

IE: Oreshura, TWOGK

They make the best threads, holy fuck.
>>
>>119805103
How does she risk losing her soul at all?
>>
>>119804551
Just get the fuck out of this thread.

You're not a romance bro.

You have no place here.
>>
>>119804421
>Let the audience be split then, I don't see the problem.
You don't see a problem with retarded love triangles and baiting?

I don't want to read a story about a guy having a potential romance with multiple girls.

I want to read a story about a guy having a romance with one girl.

Love triangles are terrible and should be punishable by fine.
>>
>>119805275
Yeah, but they didn't think they would fail. Not only that, but their soul wouldn't be lost. As soon as they escaped, the soul would just go back to the LoC.
>>
>>119804640
>That's just a sad example of how stupid anime fans have become. Toradora never presents Ami or Minori as a remotely viable "end". They're nothing but side characters.
They were main characters and they both had a romance with Ryuuji, especially Minori.

It's not that you shouldn't know that Taiga and Ryuuji are going to get together. I mean, their names are in the fucking title. It's that a story like this has no business writing in a romance for love rivals anyway. There shouldn't have been feelings for Ryuuji on Minori's part. There shouldn't have been feelings for Ryuuji on Ami's part. That shouldn't have happened.

If you can't write a love story without a love triangle, then you're a bad writer. If you can't enjoy a love story without a love triangle, then you're a bad person.
>>
>>119804429
>A story to be romance need to have the love relationship as the focus. A story needs conflict. These two things don't combine too well for stories of after the couple getting together. The only way to make it work is when the story isn't purely romance, so the conflict gets shifted somewhere else.
Alternatively, it can be a slice of life.

One of my biggest frustrations is that so many of you people don't understand that romance can exist without drama. Drama is not a necessary component of love. You can have a cute slice of life about a cute couple doing cute things, with no drama whatsoever.
>>
>>119804286
Ha ha, wow.

Wow.

That's the worst opinion I've ever heard on /a/. In the years and years I've been here, there's nothing that tops that. I mean, wow, you have shit taste. No one here will ever have taste shitter than yours.

Dusk Maiden is beloved by romance manga fans, because it does things that practically no other romance does these days.
>>
>>119805455
Acchi Kocchi fucking sucks.
For the life of me, I cannot think of one that actually did it well.
Tamako Love Story?
>>
>>119803955
>Read Pastel and realize how boring it is.
Pastel sucks because the writer is terrible and the characters are uninteresting. Fiction of any kind should be driven by the strength of its characters, not its plot.

If you took the same premise (slow teen romance/living together) with more interesting and memorable characters, the series would be interesting.
>>
File: wah wah shitty scans etc.jpg (261 KB, 838x1200) Image search: [Google]
wah wah shitty scans etc.jpg
261 KB, 838x1200
Objective fact: Horimiya is best Shoujo
>>
>>119803692
>Does anyone only watch or read series that have romance in them?
Yeah, me too.

I can't get into a series that doesn't have romance or at least sexual attraction, because it doesn't feel real. The idea of men and women working together without there being sexual tension is just inhuman. Sexuality is one of the biggest motivators of human behavior. You can't sweep it under the rug.
>>
>>119805598
Yes, there was always a risk. That's because there's a risk in every single rescue operation you participate in. They sent in two people in case something happened to the other. They needed at least one person to awaken Madoka's powers and save the day. That doesn't not imply they were at a greater risk if one of them was lost. It just means they wouldn't be able to get Madoka back into Madokami. Not only that, but the soul gems were no longer a weak point as they both fully controlled their witches so it would be kind of stupid to think they would still have that weakness.

No, they don't have methods of tampering with everything. For example, they couldn't get control of Madokami in the slightest. What they did was create a machine that kept Homura basically on death's door to try and lure Madokami out into the open. Since she was on death's door, the labyrinth was fabricated by QB and Homura. This was because they had her soul gem in their possession. The same could have been done to Mami and Kyoko, but not Sayaka and Bebe considering their soul gems more than likely worked differently due to them having access to their witch forms.

>Naggy friend/love interest
Or typical middle school friends. I'm sure that never crossed your mind because you have to ship yuri wherever you can force it in.

>Accidental kiss
Lips never touched. Just because you wish they did, doesn't mean they actually did. Until you can produce a screenshot of them actually kissing instead of falling in a pandering post, you're kind in shit.

>Tea cup ride
In the same OP, Mami and Sayaka were in a boat together while Kyoko was on an island by herself. What could this mean? Should we ship Sayaka and Mami because of it? No, we can't.
>>
>>119803696
>Nana
Will this ever be finished
>>
File: maison-ikkoku.jpg (29 KB, 226x325) Image search: [Google]
maison-ikkoku.jpg
29 KB, 226x325
Still the gold standard for romance anime series.
>>
>>119806003
I don't believe you. I've never read it, but I've heard the faggot dicks around with his girlfriend most of the series while the Christmas Cake rejects him.
>>
>>119805558
It's shounen.
>>
>>119804452
Seriously, I understand the cynical why of just making everyone in love with the MC but the vast majority of the time it's so much better to pair off the various side characters with other ones.

Unless you're self-inserting or the show goes full harem end most of the girls save the winner (of course these things almost never end conclusively) are eventually destined to pine in loneliness for MC? That's some unsatisfying bullshit. Nozaki-kun was so fun in part because all the enjoyable as fuck characters were allowed to actually be paired with suitable matches.
>>
>>119806066
I wouldn't exactly call Kozue his girlfriend other than the fact that they know each other from high school and hang out together off-and-on. There was never any indication of romantic interest on Yuusaku's part - he was pretty much singularly interested in Kyoko (who isn't a Christmas Cake by any stretch - she's only 2 years older than him) since Chapter 1 - and she has a pretty good reason for rejecting him at first. A major part of the story is her actually being able to fall in love again.
>>
You know what I hate the most? Meddling side characters.

It's one thing to be a wingman. But beyond that, side characters have no business meddling in the romance of the main couple. They shouldn't be giving advice or scolding one character for acting badly. They shouldn't be telling one character how the other feels, and they shouldn't be trying to break them up.

Meddling side characters should all die in a vat of acid.
>>
Speaking of romance. Is it just me, or does there seem to be a horrible lack of good tomboy romance in anime.
>>
>>119805402
>They were main characters and they both had a romance with Ryuuji, especially Minori.

I'm gonna have to repeat myself here. Their function in the story is complementary to the story being told. if mid series Ryuuji had turned his attention to Ami and then we suddenly got a bunch of Ami episodes and an Ami end the story would have lacked coherence.

>If you can't write a love story without a love triangle, then you're a bad writer. If you can't enjoy a love story without a love triangle, then you're a bad person.

You're trying to use subject matter as a measurement for a writer's skills, which is ridiculous. And I don't even begin to see where morality comes into the argument.
>>
>>119798498
I like them decisive with assertive characters. Shit that gets drawn out is tiring.

Kare Kano was nice up until it fell to shit around ep 20.

5cm is nice as well that she finally got married. MC just needed to feel comfortable with someone else.

Spice and Wolf is entertaining outside some of the romance. Watching Korbo trip over herself for Lawrence starts to get grating as it contrasts with her wisdom. Almost felt sorry for Amarty being suckered by a wolf girl and her pet merchant, but it was his fault for trying to get another man's woman/property.
>>
>>119806432
Why do you need other love interests to enjoy a romance? That's essentially saying that the romance ("chemistry") between the official couple isn't good enough to command your interest.
>>
>>119806373
It bothers me
>>
>>119806250
For all we know "survive" could have just been a word chosen by the translator. You have to take a lot of words with a grain of salt because of the translation. While a general message is easily understood, sometimes translators pick words that they think make the most sense. HS does it all the freaking time. You'll hear them say one thing, but HS translates it as another. Not only that, but we're talking about a show that is amplifying certain aspects.

There was a risk. The risk was if Madoka is exposed, everyone's fucked in some sense. Maybe. There's no way to actually know. Madoka almost broke out of Homura's universe pretty quickly so we'd have to see if QB's race could handle the power of a God when Homura had trouble in the first hour of her Universe.

Why exactly did they need their soul gems purified? What exactly purified them? We're in a witch's labyrinth. There should be no way for a witch's labyrinth to supply magical girls with the ability to purify their soul gems unless it was just an act and no one was actually in danger of running out of magic.

They didn't even realize Nagisa was Bebe. Sayaka acted out in the open while Bebe was more or less the back up. Not only that, but QB at one points asks Sayaka and Bebe what they are. He knew Sayaka was a magical girl and Bebe was something, but he didn't know they weren't magical girls anymore, but agents of Madokami.

We also don't know for a fact if the isolation field could trap Madokami, but they weren't taking any risks.

>Show me another example of that happening where it's not between love interests.
In Madoka or any piece of media?

>even though it clearly did.
Except it didn't. Not to mention the compromising position has happened in other anime where they didn't kiss.

>Tea cups
They're for puking. Riding in canoes are much more romantic because there's less puking.
>>
File: 1383242531386.jpg (275 KB, 827x1169) Image search: [Google]
1383242531386.jpg
275 KB, 827x1169
I prefer adventures that feature romantic undertones far more than a storyline that focuses entirely on romance. Katanagatari managed to deliver something like that in a pretty satisfactory way.

Alternatively, I absolutely love stories that feature seemingly obsessive and manipulative love. Pic related being my favourite example.
>>
>>119798498
>>119798498
Comfy, feel-good shit
Harem (More likely for my preferred energetic-type to be a heroine)
No preference
Ecchi is fine, but not preferred
Mindgames belong in 3D
Resolution is nice, but lol harems
Any meduim is fine
>>
>>119806344
That's not how life works.
>>
>>119806641
Fiction is not real life
>>
>>119806612
>Katanagatari
Putting aside whether it was good for the story or not, I am still fucking butthurt at the way it turned out. I liked them together so much, /a/. ;_;
>>
>>119806641
It's how good relationships should work. It's no one else's business what goes on between two people in love.
>>
>>119806661
From a narrative stand point having a character that's meddling on his own not meddle in a relationship because >muh fiction is fucking stupid and it's bad writing.

>>119806700
Do you have at least one relationship, anon?
>>
>>119798498
>>119798498
Nips can't write decent romances

Why does it have to be someone's death or tragedies in their stories?

Or it will have a meh ending.

See Itoshi no Karin, Koe no Katachi

And in Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso, she'll die soon and leave him more broken than ever
>>
>>119806746
>Do you have at least one relationship, anon?
Ha, I bet you're the type of faggot who plays third wheel with his best friend and his girlfriend, letting her cry on your shoulder whenever they have a fight.

Stop messing with other people's relationships, anon.
>>
File: I'm not following you.png (2 MB, 800x2350) Image search: [Google]
I'm not following you.png
2 MB, 800x2350
Greatest love story ever told.
>>
>>119806641
But that where your logic is flawed anon, people often read fiction to escape from the mundane or sometimes meh situations in life.

If one want to see what happens in real life he can see it in real life, in fiction why he can't get a good or happy ending focusing two characters anot unnecessary complex situations or meddling characters?
>>
>>119806746
>it's bad and stupid writing because I dont like it
Yeah, nice one, faggot
>>
Romance works best as a side plot.

Agree/Disagree?
>>
>>119806836
The more fake the world you're escaping is, the more the illusion fades.
Fucking hell you anons are bad even at escapism.
>>
>>119806872
Absolutely
>>
>>119806867
It's bad because it's not consistent. There's no logical explanation to why a meddling character wouldn't meddle in a relationship but the author not wanting them to meddle in it. Which is bad writing.
A show that did meddling characters good is Kimi ni Todoke where the meddling characters try to avoid meddling too much because they know kazehaya would get mad, but they still try to help their friend.
>>
>>119806872
Agree in general, disagree when it comes to actual good romance shows
>>
>>119806872
That's a matter of taste and intent. But if I had to choose, I'd have to agree, because main plot romances are often poorly done or turn to shit whereas side romances turning well are nice and side romances turning to shit are easily ignored.

Romance works best with well written characters, without cheap and contrived drama.
>>
My favorite romance, despite all the shittiness if the show itself, is Sakura Trick. It's a romance without any of that shitty drama bullshit (except with one of the characters, but it was just a shitty thing they added to the anime), because the MCs hook up in the first episode.
>>
>>119806671

I think that twist during the final episode was what made it instantly climb to my list of all-time favourite series. It was depressing as fuck but it was delivered so well.
>>
>>119798498
Nozaki-kun was so fucking overrated.
What a dull show.
>>
>>119806512
It bothers me too anon.
>>
File: rurouni-kenshin-image-5.jpg (36 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
rurouni-kenshin-image-5.jpg
36 KB, 600x400
>>119806872
>>119806929
>>119806962
>>119806978
Agreed, and the reason for this is that conflict drives fiction. If the primary plot is romance, then you have to create conflict through forced drama shit that no one wants to read.

If romance is a side plot, however, you can have it cute and idyllic, while still having an interesting conflict through the main plot.
>>
File: chaika-violate.jpg (93 KB, 548x696) Image search: [Google]
chaika-violate.jpg
93 KB, 548x696
Does Chaika count?
>>
>>119806979
Okay, but it's also yuri, making everything you said unremarkable. That kind of stuff happens in yuri all the time.

The Japanese don't have a problem letting gays and lesbians suck each others faces off. They have a problem letting boys and girls have any romance at all.
>>
>>119807339
This is why Kirito's Harem Shenanigans are acceptable in SAO.
>>
>>119806998
As a romance, it's unsatisfying. As a comedy, it's 11/10.

Sorry, but you just have awful taste.
>>
My experience with romantic anime is very limited so try to bear with me. But I can't stand the male character always being shy and passive while the female is basically begging for his cock and he rejects it. In what universe is that plausible human behaviour? Why can't a guy just show interest and stick it in when the opportunity presents itself? And on the opposite of the spectrum, there's this overly attached guy that comes off rather as comic relief than a legit character who goes overboard trying to charm his love. It's just one giant cocktease, especially since they almost never show the sex anyways.
>>
>>119807512
It's a male fantasy. Otaku want to live in a world where women want them and they aren't driven by their lust.
>>
You should read Suzuka, the first manga that did romance right
>>
File: vol22_pg175.jpg (186 KB, 693x563) Image search: [Google]
vol22_pg175.jpg
186 KB, 693x563
>>119806292
Kyoko had no right to get so pissy over Godai hanging out with other women when she can't even settle her own feelings over her dead husband and what she feels for Godai. It is not acceptable that she played this game for five years, but Godai's just as much of an idiot for going along with her and promising to wait for her to sort out her baggage so at least they're perfect for each other.

And Kozue pretty much thought she was Godai's girlfriend and Godai knew it and he still strung her along for years letting her misunderstand. That's not an acceptable way to treat someone who hasn't hurt you
>>
Is Shinsekai yori a romance?
>>
File: Ookami shoujo.png (948 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
Ookami shoujo.png
948 KB, 1366x768
>People saying there are no good romance anime where they end up dating and we get to see what happens after

Also, what is karekano
>>
>>119803849
Start reading Umi No Misaki.
>>
>>119798498
Amagami

Comfy feel-good. I don't like too much drama in my romance because drama in romance usually involves people acting horribly stupid in order to create misunderstandings. I'm not opposed to drama per se, but if you're talking about romantic drama, love triangles and that sort of thing (in a serious fashion - not in the regular non-serious harem fashion where it's all fun and games) then get the fuck out.

I don't mind harems but I don't really like them that much for serious storytelling, simply because they end up horribly dramatic when one of the girl wins and the others are dropped from the plot. If it's a harem show I actually prefer it to be inconclusive and focus more on ecchi and comedy than serious romance. Single heroine shows are better, but even those often involve too much horrible drama and the chance for the main-girl to be shit is big. Omnibus is the way to go.

>Sex or no sex?
Sex happening as the culmination of a romantic story is fine but in general I don't really care. It's not like it happens on screen anyway.

>Ecchi?
I don't mind ecchi. It may not fit in all shows though, but I hold the opinion that a good story can't be hurt by it, so adding ecchi is always a plus.

>Psychological shit?
Depends on how it's done.

I don't find it that important. An enjoyable ecchi harem show with light romantic elements where everyone is good friends right until the end is more satisfying than a harem which tries to force serious romance after the first half and ruins the mood with drama. In a non-harem romance, I don't think romantic resolution is that important either. It doesn't always need to be out in the open, if the main characters interact like a couple it's good enough, no need to spell it out.
>>
continuation of >>119812735
>Anime or VN?
I like both, but I'm often too lazy to play VNs. Also, I usually only play the route of one girl and can't bring myself to play more than that because it feels like cheating. Sometimes I play a second route months to years later though.
>>
>>119800730
there there
>>
>>119805061
>Oreshura
>good
>romance
>>
>>119805332
No, that's just your shit taste, there's no real problem.

There's nothing wrong with love triangles if handled correctly, and that works for any kind of love triangle.

I'm not saying that one guy-one girl stories are bad or worse than love triangles, just that there's nothing inherently wrong with them.
>>
>>119805492
Like being shit?

I love romance manga, Dusk Maiden is just bad. The characters are boring, the dialogues are amateurish and the premise is wasted on its shit execution.

Also badly handled horror atmosphere, but that's got nothing to do with romance.
>>
>>119805558
>horimiya is shoujo
Is this a meme or are people genuinely confused?
>>
>>119806344
This is bullshit. There's nothing wrong with "scolding" a friend for treating another friend badly, regardless of the fact that these friends are lovers or just friends themselves.

I agree they shouldn't meddle directly in the love stuff, but things like "why are you so freaking dense, this is what she's thinking about!" are completely okay.
>>
With the exception out midori no hibi, high school students is an automatic no.
>>
>>119816749
The fact that there's already an exceptions should tip you off that "automatic no"s are stupid.
>>
>>119800555
>There is no such thing as a good romance without resolution
Hyouka
>>
Is Kare Kano worth watching? Is the romance aspect at least somewhat decently handled?
>>
File: Clannad-After-Story.jpg (66 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
Clannad-After-Story.jpg
66 KB, 960x720
>>119798498
pic related is my personal choice, closely followed by Spice & Wolf

>>119800878
You should read kimi no iru machi
holy fuck was that a rollercoaster of back and forth
10/10 would do it all again
>>
>>119804640
The great thing about ToraDora! is that afterwards you could sit back and say;
"yeah, I liked Ami the most, she was best girl. But not for Ryuuji. Taiga was the best for Ryuuji, and Ryuuji was the best for Taiga."
>>
Has there ever been an anime that has correctly portrayed a homosexual romance?
>>
>>119806292
She's 27 by the time the series ends.
And Kozue was definitely his girlfriend.
>>
>>119800878
Is this Koe no kotachi?
>>
Call me a faggot but I only watch anime for romance. I'm 23 yo.

Shows/mangas I liked concerning romance:
Love Hina, Toradora!, Kimi Ni Todoke, Katsu and mangas by the same author, Dengeky Daisy.

Also I'm currently watching Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo and I like it. What did you think about it?
>>
>>119817379
Too bad eba is a slut and ruined the whole manga.
>>
File: harisugawa-1-tonkam.jpg (92 KB, 391x600) Image search: [Google]
harisugawa-1-tonkam.jpg
92 KB, 391x600
>>119800878
>Reading Kagami no Kuni no Harisugawa
>Romance developed nicely
>By the end of the manga, both MC and heroine like each other
>Final chapter
>Heroine loses her memory and feelings for the MC
w-why?
>>
>>119817379
>kimi no iru machi is good
No.

>Clannad is a good romance anime
Not really. It's a great tearjerker, but the romance part of it isn't particularly remarkable.
>>
>>119820082
That's what getting axed does for you.
>>
>>119817642
Samurai Flamenco
>>
File: Best FurryLove ever told.webm (679 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
Best FurryLove ever told.webm
679 KB, 960x540
>Romance thread
>No one talk about the best romantic scene of 2014
http://a.pomf.se/jblehq.webm
>>
>>119807684
No, fuck you. No one should read fucking Suzuka after what the author did to Fuuka
FUCK
THAT
SHIT
>>
File: 1418757618253.jpg (127 KB, 786x916) Image search: [Google]
1418757618253.jpg
127 KB, 786x916
>>119819686
You are by no means a faggot just because you like heartwarming stories. In the end most people like romance stories but men wont admit it.

I can recommend you a romance manga that is based on a real story on 2ch. It's called Molester Man you should give it a try.
>>
File: cg50d.png~original.png (309 KB, 848x480) Image search: [Google]
cg50d.png~original.png
309 KB, 848x480
Nobody does it better than Adachi
>>
>>119819729
Because of the dude who was dying?
iirc that's the only other love interest she had

>>119820152
>greentexted something I didn't say
>greentexted something I didn't imply
How about go fuck yourself :^)
It's a guilty please of mine so I laugh looking back at it, never said it was good nor did I recommend it.

>Clannad isn't good
>it's a tear jerker
If it can illicit a feeling it's pretty good in the first place. The romance was solid in afterstory, one of the few times you can see it affect people after they lose their loved one with any sincerity.
You may not like it personally, but it is still good.
>>
>>119819686
>Dengeky Daisy
What the fuck the author is doing? I read it for the romance, but after 30 chapter it goes full thriller/crime fiction/mystery

>Kimi no Todoke
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-7wHz7MqPs
>>
File: shiawase-kissa-sanchoume-811707.jpg (143 KB, 800x1290) Image search: [Google]
shiawase-kissa-sanchoume-811707.jpg
143 KB, 800x1290
>>
>>119821282
That ending was great. Felt so satisfying.
>>
>>119804060
Now I'm all hard.
>>
>>119820812
Thanks but I already read Molester Man, it was pretty nice. Preferred Onani Master Kurosawa by the same author but can be mind breaking sometimes.
>>
>>119821285
Did you suddenly forget how to read?

>never said it was good nor did I recommend it.
>You should read kimi no iru machi
>10/10 would do it all again

And I never said Clannad wasn't good, I said it wasn't good because of the romance (i.e., is good for other reasons). The romance is just there, and it really isn't special. The story is really good when it begins to tackle the feelings of loss, as you said, but that isn't really called romance.
>>
>>119817236
Watching? No. It's decent, but there was a big drift away from the manga's story, to the point that the original author (justly or unjustly, your interpretation) canned the project. As a read, though, holy shit I cannot suggest it enough.
>>
>>119821826
>Did you suddenly forget how to read
Read the post I replied to. My saying to read that was me implying that it's as bad as the manga the recipient described.
>10/10 would do it again
Once again, that's the nostalgia aspect

>I said it wasn't good because of the romance
Oh okay, my mistake.
I still think that the romance was pretty good in it, especially the proposal scene, That was heartwarming.
I guess the focus of it wasn't romance so you're right, It can't be considered a good romance. But the little romance it did have was good, if I'm making sense?
>>
>>119821600
Onani Master was pretty good too, I really liked it.
If you are into Ecchi romances I could also recommend you Nozoki Ana

Is there any romance manga you read except those you already mentioned, that you would consider really good?
>>
I need more good romance dramas in my life.
>>
>Do you prefer dramatic, touching stories or comfy feel-good shit? Single Heroine or Harem? Sex or no sex? Ecchi? Psychological shit? How important is resolution? Anime or VN?
None of this shit matters to me, all I want from romance is enjoyable characters, if I like the characters they can do whatever and will keep watching.
Like in Tonari no Kaibutsu, even asshole delinquents are cute as fuck in this show.
>>
>>119822425
Tell me what you've already read /liked
And I will try to give you more romance goodness
>>
File: Chii.jpg (6 KB, 186x104) Image search: [Google]
Chii.jpg
6 KB, 186x104
I thought Chobits was really good and romantic
>>
File: 1403705072644.jpg (172 KB, 550x480) Image search: [Google]
1403705072644.jpg
172 KB, 550x480
>>119798498
The greatest love story ever told!
A mix of both is great but if I had to choose, it would be the former.
Single
Implied sex
Pantsushot of the heroine at most.
Sure but for the love of god don't drag it on for too much
Anime
>>
>>119798498
Well then I guess is a good time to post this one,

is not just romantic love, but still is oriented around love, various kinds of love....but NOT the one as intended by Makoto Shinkai for sure or else I have failed in picking the ones thought and mostly suggested by anon.
>>
>>119822678
>hi score girl
>anime canned because SNK are giant cunts
;_;
>>
>>119822113
>Read the post I replied to.
Actually, are you sure you didn't misquote? Because the post you replied to describes the exact opposite of KNIM.

>great manga that ended with no romantic resolution, characters are the same as ever, not even a kiss, etc.
>KNIM isn't great, but characters do kiss and fuck and you do see a lot of their relationship

It really did seem as a recommendation to me, giving the poster an exact opposite of what he's complaining about.

>if I'm making sense?
I guess? I mean, the romance isn't bad, it's just not the main draw.
>>
>>119822678
should I watch or read Aria? Does the anime cover the whole story?
>>
>>119822678
>Koisome Momiji
>Seishun forget
Is this a troll list?
>>
File: Ao NTR Ride.jpg (974 KB, 800x3538) Image search: [Google]
Ao NTR Ride.jpg
974 KB, 800x3538
>>119822678
Love Allergen
My Girl (SAHARA Mizu)

I see Amai Amai Koi o Seyo there, isn't romance shoujo full of drama?
And Midori Days, in every OPT I see that pic with the girl crying near the lamp post and anon saying "still mad", so does it really have to be there?
>>
File: 1358642487276.jpg (114 KB, 772x712) Image search: [Google]
1358642487276.jpg
114 KB, 772x712
>>119822511
S2 fucking never.
>>
>>119817236
MASTER ANNO DIRECTED IT.
That should be enough for you...until the author bitched that they didnt have enough romance.
Protip: they DID and a lot of it, I enjoyed much more than Toradora, I wish there was a remake start to end.
>>
>>119822967
Koisome Momiji was alright
>>
>>119822678
>Photo Kano
>Mayo Chiki
Why?
>>
>>119823221
Don't say that
>>
>>119822967
Why? They are both ended and handledy nicely, expecially Seishun Forget, which has no drama (that is intended or could be taken seriously) no harem, at most a triangle but the MC is still SET on it, the MC is not a useless cunt, the romance is there and is not just a last minute confession.

>>119823203
>Love allergen
Look at this picture.
Now tell me why it should go there?
>>
>>119823389
I dont remember why Photo Kano, maybe because it was a sort of Amagami wannabe, but Mayo Chiki had a reasonable pacing, had less drama than many other series in that list, romance that wasnt just a last minute confession and ended well.
>>
>>119803890
Wait, we're not getting a s2 anymore?
What happened? I thought they were making it.
>>
>>119822871
Both and I think the anime does cover the whole thing, is fairly lenghty and done in various seasons. Try downloading 3 episodes, make a thread about and ask.
>>
>>119823221
>>119823514
So I never read the manga, did Natsume and the baseball guy end up together?
>>
>>119803890
>episode 1 acoustic version: never.
>wanting the worst possible version of that song
For what purpose?
>>
>>119823578
>she's like my younger brother
What?
>>
File: 1417729821232.jpg (41 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
1417729821232.jpg
41 KB, 900x900
>>119822511
This is the first shoujo that I enjoyed reading, it got a little shitty with the bullshit drama and misunderstandings but I can forgive that, plus the ending was pretty satisfying.
>>
File: Rendez-vous.png (1 MB, 714x2087) Image search: [Google]
Rendez-vous.png
1 MB, 714x2087
>>119823578
Because it's mostly comedy and the drama isn't heavy

If we're talking about that :
Seishun Forget has almost NTR
Koisome Momiji has generic harem antics with rejected childhood friends crying near the end
Taiyou no IE, A loves B who loves C who loves D who loves E romance
Mayo Chiki has MC's confession rejected and drama
Hitorimi Haduki-san, isn't the male protagonist depressive who tears away his hairs?
Salad Days has an awful translation
Hajiotsu has the FeMC playing with the male protagonist feelings for a bet/or correct her shyness towards male
Koharu no Hibi has NTR-tier drama
Kanpeki no Kanojo has MC's past girlfriend who come back to steal him, she kisses MC in front of FeMC
>>
>>119823288
>>119823578
Both got axed and had underwhelming final arcs/ends.

It's like recommending Kagami no Kuni no Harisugawa.

>Seishun forget had no drama
Did we read the same series?
>>
>>119822797
>get heavily invested in a romance, usually a mango
>its done with serialization and fully translated so you can bang out those chapters as you become more and more enthralled with the characters
>art is superb, you get lost in the pages

Is almost word for word the first time I read kimi no iru machi
I wasn't really saying it was a worse example of his manga, just that it's also frustrating how entire fucking chapters are made redundant by the constant back and forth in that mango. Admittedly I didn't really explain that properly.

>tfw don't take the time to write something in enough detail
>end up spending considerably more time explaining it afterwards
fuck.
>>
>>119804079
btw, if you want a bear with a happy romance, look to Ore Monogatari. Pretty funny too. it even has a bishi character that DOESN'T pull all the girls.
>>
>>119824675
you cant tell me that the whole thing about their memory loss was so bad, sure when he said "what's a mom" I was taken aback, but if you read it steadily and with the benefit of a lack of a weekly or monthly wait then is all over before you can say "forced drama".
>>119824496
>Seishun Forget has almost NTR
That's more like a love triangle, competition. Is not a 100 chapters long bullshit.
>Koisome Momiji
Perhaps in time I will remove it.
>Taiyou no IE
I have yet to read it myself
>Mayo Chiki
I call it justified, the fact that is not too long and there is no real separation makes amend for it
>Hitorimi Haduki-san
I have yet to read it.
>Salad Days
Well it should not really detract, unless the series itself is bad.
>Hajiotsu
I have to check this one too
>Koharu no Hibi
NTR? In this one?
>Kanpeki no Kanojo
I should have looked at this one too sorry.
Is not a perfect list, various series have been added but also removed, to my great pain, Itoshi no karin for instance.
>>
>>119824799
Ehh, I guess it's okay then.

I actually did like KNIM a lot at the beginning. Coming from Suzuka, I could only expect great things about it. I guess that's why I'm so mad even to this day at how it turned out.

And why I legitimately enjoyed Fuuka so far, expecting nothing from "the author of KNIM"
>>
>>119822678
>Hajiotsu
Holy shit I had forgotten about it.

Did the final volume get scanned? Last time I searched I didn't find any raws.
>>
>>119820625
The sister ruined that series.
>>
>>119817236
I've been enjoying Kare Kano (anime) more for the humorous touches (Anno's doing, I guess) than the romance. It also has more recap than I'm used to.
>>
>>119825857
episode?
Thread replies: 222
Thread images: 57

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.