[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT; series that /a/ seems to hate that you love because they
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 11
File: image.jpg (147 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
147 KB, 1280x720
ITT; series that /a/ seems to hate that you love because they bandwagon against anything popular

Pic incredibly related
>>
Dropped at episode 13

Autistic garbage for autistic retards and children
>>
Dropped at episode 1

>>
>>119674102
>>119674123
Honestly the story has everything you'd want in a good anime. Action, adventure, romance, and a compelling tale to drive you to keep watching.

What the fuck is the problem ?
>>
Dropped at episode 3

>>
>>119674219
Just started watching it last night and the MC is a fucking retard.

>YOU MUST DUEL ME AND JOIN MY GUILD
>K
>OH NOOOOO I'M IN A GUILD HOW HORRIBLE

Fucker can just leave if he doesn't like it.

>GIMMIE YOUR TELEPORT CRYSTAL
>LOL K

What the fuck is wrong with these people?
>>
Should have dropped at episode 2 but forced myself through the whole thing

>>
File: 1410109493365.jpg (54 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
1410109493365.jpg
54 KB, 625x626
>>119674219
>>
Dropped at episode 2

>>
>>119674219
Except all of those things are executed awfully. Especially the romance. Jesus, those slice of life episodes after they got "married" made me want to gouge my eyes out.

Also Kirito is gary stu as fuck.
>>
>>119674015
Mary Sue bullshit that never got better as it went on.

More so with ALO, that shit was the last fucking straw.
This whole thing was self projections of the creator to be some Mary Sue Harem master
>>
>>119674454
>>119674234
>>119674123
>>119674102
>>119674337
You guys are real fucking funny. Give yourselves a pat on the back
>>
File: 1408478421868.png (73 KB, 618x618) Image search: [Google]
1408478421868.png
73 KB, 618x618
>>119674219
>>
>>119674592
Those were beautiful episodes that showed human emotion can still be present in this fake world.
>>
>>119674618
y u mad tho
>>
File: 1404967775453.png (109 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
1404967775453.png
109 KB, 625x626
>>119674705
>>
>>119674015
Its mediocre. A fun watch. Not a masterpiece but it isn't a trainwreck either except for GGO
>>
File: baited.gif (1 MB, 359x202) Image search: [Google]
baited.gif
1 MB, 359x202
I'll take the bait
Give me an example of good romance and compelling tale. Because I can at least see action and adventure but the other half, not so much.
>>
>>119674706
Because people blindly hate this show (as they said, dropped it after one or two episodes?)

The /a/ good or bad checklist;

Is it popular? If yes it's bad, if no it's fine.
>>
>>119674219
If I wanted all that, I would just watch Gen Urobuchi's masterpiece Fate/Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works, the sequel to Fate/Zero.
>>
File: 803.png (139 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
803.png
139 KB, 625x626
>>119674705
>>
>>119674773
Well, if you made it that far, the ending to season one was packed with emotion and anybody who's ever met someone they originally met online will feel incredibly satisfied.
>>
>>119674219
Only good thing you mentioned was the action.

Dialog was often cringeworthy. Everyone revolves around the MC, everyone is a complete retard except MC. MC is the hottest shit for no reason.
MC being a "loner" just for the sake of pandering the demographic(well most of the show is)
Haremshit
The romance was forced and embarrassingly retarded
The "tragedies" were even worse, a character with 5 minutes of screen time dies and then you have to endure 5 minutes of everyone crying with sad music in the background.
And then Yui appeared which turned the show into even worse trash before it so I dropped it

it's like it was written by a child or an autistic manchild. It was a cringeworthy mess with no redeemable qualities except the visuals.

>>119674618
I was the first one who said it and I was being serious. It's also only one out of 7 shows I dropped while I finished ~230, one of worst garbage I've watched
>>
File: bait.webm (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
bait.webm
1 MB, 1280x720
>>119674773
Have a webm
>>
File: 4bf.png (180 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
4bf.png
180 KB, 625x626
>>119674940
>>
>>119674808
/A/ is full of hipsters pretending to be smart, ignore these uncultured swines. They will never learn to appreciate the deep messages in his meaningful show since they're too blinded by its deserved popularity.
>>
File: 1406157982145.png (35 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
1406157982145.png
35 KB, 625x626
>>119675037
>>
Also whoever the fuck is spamming these bait pictures is a worse cancerous retard than people who like this garbage
>>
>>119674773
Might as well just read Mushoku Tensei
>>
>>119674984
Kirito was a loner to protect the other beta testers and force the hate on him instead of the others

>haremshit
People like people even if in relationships, that's real life too

>forced romance
its a story for Christ sakes, you aren't playing it out. It's already been written. If you didn't feel there was any validity between the love Kirito and Asuna shared, I feel bad for your conscience.

>tragedies

An entire guild was killed (if you're referring to episode 3). Of course it'll be sad

>yui

Yui was a strange concept, but I like what they did with her. She was put in the game to keep up morale.

I'm sorry you dropped the show so quickly, but it's really a compelling tale. Maybe you should give it another shot
>>
File: 1396406592206.png (234 KB, 840x708) Image search: [Google]
1396406592206.png
234 KB, 840x708
I don't even fucking care if it's a bait or not anymore.

Would you mind explaining the good points of the anime in an objective manner without resorting to any buzzwords?

For your information, I dropped this shit right after Kirito cleared the first raid boss.
>>
>>119674808
I didn't dislike it because it was popular though. I'd describe every reason I have for disliking everything that happened after episode 3 (which were really good in my opinion) but this other anon >>119674984 nailed it with my exact same reasons.

I'll have to say that I actually completed all 24 episodes hoping the show would return to its roots that I loved so much, well, it didn't, it got WAY worse that anything I would have ever imagined at the second course.

After some time I was told GGO and onwards would be real good, way better than the first season was. I saw GGO, it was the same crap. I saw what it came later with aids girl and all that, it was crap too. I have lost hope for this show, the only thing I'm trying is Progressive SAOs manga which I really like up until now, sad it doesn't get translated as fast as I would like.
>>
>>119675373
I wish I could tell if this is bait or not.
>>
Why is she so perfect?
>>
12 year olds pls
>>
Its shit.
>>
>>119675373
Not the anon you're talking with but holy shit if this is a serious answer you are completely retarded.
Please be bait or le troll because I refuse to believe somebody could be missing this amount of neurons.
>>
The hate is irrational in here, and I just don't understand
>>
>>119674015
Clear bait, please don't reply to this thread.
>>
>>119675658
The hell was wrong with my answer?
>>
Look at this shit /a/

Look at it

Who the fuck acts like that? IM IN LOVE WITH ONII CHAN

WHY

WHY THE FUCK ARE YOU IN LOVE WITH ONII CHAN

THAT'S YOUR FUCKING CHARACTER

THAT'S ALL THE CHARACTERS IN THIS FUCKING SERIES ARE DEFINED BY

THEIR RELATION TO GARY STU

THEY EITHER HATE GARY STU AND WANT TO FUCK HIS SUPER SPECIAL RICH WAIFU

OR THEY WANT TO FUCK GARY STU BECAUSE THEY'RE SUPER SPECIAL WAIFUS THEMSELVES

EVEN KLEIN IS DEFINED BY HOW HE WANTS A SUCK OF KIRITO'S COCK

I HATE THIS

HATE

HATE

HATE

THESE CHARACTERS AREN'T HUMAN FUCKING BEINGS
>>
Just to be clear here, when most of the replies is just calling out OP for being retarded instead of explaining it in a comprehensive manner like >>119674984 for example isn't helping anything.

>>119675383
Still waiting by the way.
>>
I dropped it at episode 16 of second season. Get on my level boys
>>
The problem with everything after episode 14 was that there was no threat. You start with the "you're trapped in the game, you have to make it to the end without dying or you'll never leave" which is okay. Then you've got "this one girl is trapped in the game, you have to save her before this happens or I'll fuck her." Which is completely fucking asinine, but it could still be a motivator. I finally gave up with DESU GUN who can't even fucking do anything if you're not playing the game which no one is making you play.
>>
There is no bandwagon on hating popular anime, popular anime are objectively bad series with awful characters and shit plots that only exist as outlets for the authors' retarded fantasies and sexual frustrations. /a/ also is not one hive mind
>>
>>119675383
As an MMO player myself who's been involved with many games, I can say this show successfully captures the emotions I've felt while playing these games.

Objectively?

Animations are crisp and clear

Story makes perfect sense if you pay attention

The main characters motivation of love and caring for others is present and clear

The suspense keeps you on the edge of your seat

The romance is believable (if you finish the series you'll see what I mean)

The worlds are illustrated beautifully

The bosses are intimidating

What more do you want?
>>
>>119675878
Well, deal with it because shitty bait threads don't warrant a bunch of those posts.
>>
>>119675778
Everything was wrong.

>People like people even if in relationships, that's real life too
Every girl that BARELY gets to know to our MC falls completely and hopeless in love with him with no reason at all. Yes, thats totally real life too.

>its a story for Christ sakes, you aren't playing it out. It's already been written. If you didn't feel there was any validity between the love Kirito and Asuna shared, I feel bad for your conscience.
This whole answer doesn't make any sense, you are not answering to what the other anon is saying.

>An entire guild was killed (if you're referring to episode 3). Of course it'll be sad
Again, not addressing the point anon was raising. It wasn't because a whole guild was killed, it was because the character didn't have any screen time to be important or even relevant to the viewers so they gave us no reason to feel bad or sad because of it. To make things even worse they made a whole big deal out of it.

>yui
She didn't have any relevance in the whole entire show whatsoever. Just there to complete the circlejerk about asuna and kirito forming a family. Also yuri barely had any screen time and both of them already loved her as a daughter, which is both cringe and stupid as a viewers stand point.
>>
>>119675778
not either of those anons but
>Kirito was a loner to protect the other beta testers and force the hate on him instead of the others
you're assuming way too hard there
>People like people even if in relationships, that's real life too
he just saves the girls and they start to like him. great story telling right?
>its a story for Christ sakes, you aren't playing it out. It's already been written. If you didn't feel there was any validity between the love Kirito and Asuna shared, I feel bad for your conscience.
you have to admit it was at least a little forced
>An entire guild was killed (if you're referring to episode 3). Of course it'll be sad
it was foreshadowed pretty hard.

I'm not even gonna touch yui although some of you pervs would
>>
>>119676129
Hey OP just saying you need to be 18 or over to post on this board.
>>
But I really liked the first half of SAO.
Never touched S2 and probably never will.
>>
>>119676129
The only realistic thing about their relationship was that they fucked. It's about as believable as School Days.
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.