[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Death Parade
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 175
Thread images: 24
>[HorribleSubs] Death Parade - 01 [720p].mkv

EVERYBODY, PUTS YOUR HANDS OUT
>>
>>119582436
All of the cast looks awesome lets hope it stays that way.
>>
>>119582550
Hope we get lots of braid.
>>
>>119582436
This wasn't as mind bending as billiards but it was still good for a first episode. Hope it gets better and better
>>
File: 1416613725640.gif (1009 KB, 390x219) Image search: [Google]
1416613725640.gif
1009 KB, 390x219
I know people keep bring up who goes to heaven or hell but what happens if you get a draw. The couple had a chance even do this.
>>
>>119582436
Well that was really fucking stupid.
>>
>>119582675
In Death Billards, not Ginko says that the games have predetermined results but that you somehow have a chance to turn it around.
I don't know if that includes the possibility of a draw.

Who gets to go where isn't related to the results of the game, anyway. Both players will still be sent somewhere once the game is over.
>>
File: Death Dance.webm (2 MB, 696x392) Image search: [Google]
Death Dance.webm
2 MB, 696x392
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjjTMNDZi-A
OP
>>
>>119582675
The points are irrelevant to whether they go to Heaven or Hell. They just put them on pressure to have them show their true selves.
>>
I was kind of surprised how abrupt the ending was, it was like Ginko telling them to fuck off with their arguing because the game was done. Also because the husband went nuts but it still felt pretty quick compared to the ending of Billiards.
>>
>>119582675
They won't allow themselves to. The prospect of losing will always motivate one of them to defect.
This is the fulcrum of the drama in the show.

Although in this episode cosmic RNG sealed the deal.
>>
>>119582944
This is a 12 episode series so it's alright. I just hope the drama amps up more each week to the point where I can't even decide who was right or wrong.
>>
Why the loser is reincarnated? is this supposed to be bad?
>>
>>119583098
The show did not leave to especulation. The wife was wrong and the husband has to live again to atone, live correctly or something like that.
>>
>>119583098
winner or loser of the game doesn't matter. The game is merely a vehicle to drive the drama between the contestants. Whatever actions the contestants take during the game decides where they go: Reincarnation or Void.
>>
>>119582877
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hpn8KOhEWmI
and the OP synched with Gugure
>>
>>119583098
Winner or loser doesn't matter. They judges are seeing your actions and personality and if you are you go to hell or reincarnated or some shit.
>>
File: death masks.jpg (515 KB, 1280x2876) Image search: [Google]
death masks.jpg
515 KB, 1280x2876
reposting stuff from the other thread for discussion

These are the elevators that we've gotten from both episodes, the first one is cutoff by director's choice I assume. You can see that the masks of the elevators in Death Parade were switched. It's hard to say what the masks are in the first picture are though because dem chins.

The masks are Noh Theater masks (Hannya and onnakei) and don't implictly have to deal with heaven or hell.
>The Hannya mask portrays the souls of women who have become demons due to obsession or jealousy. The Hannya mask is said to be demonic and dangerous but also sorrowful and tormented, displaying the complexity of human emotions. When the actor looks straight ahead, the mask appears frightening and angry; when tilted slightly down, the face of the demon appears to be sorrowful, as though crying
if someone could find a good summary of the Onnakei mask that would be nice

Young guy won Death Billiards game and got the Onnakei mask.
Michiko won Death Darts game and got the Hannya Maask.
>>
>Death.Parade.S01E01.720p.HDTV.x264-ℸℎℯ αЪşℴℓμℸℯ ∂μℴ.mkv

Is it commie?
>>
File: 1417274970937.jpg (724 KB, 600x842) Image search: [Google]
1417274970937.jpg
724 KB, 600x842
>>119583098
The way I see it is the person who is still attatched to the world in some shape or form gets reincarnated, hence why both people to get reincarnated had those strings attached to them, sorta binding them to the world.

The person with no more attachments to the world enters the void and leaves the realm of life and death.
>>
File: dekomori death explosion.jpg (125 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
dekomori death explosion.jpg
125 KB, 1280x720
>>119583292
The elevators were at first referred to as Heaven (天国) or Hell (地獄). These are specifically Heaven and Hell as everyone knows them. Although in Shinto, only the gods live in Heaven, EVERYONE else goes to Hell. Like in Dragon Ball Z. Technically you go to Hell but there's a nice part of Hell where Goku goes and the really shitty part of Hell where Freiza lives. Also it's the same as Greek Mythology where the underworld has the Fields of Asphodel.

I'm guessing they're using the Christian versions for this show (these words in Japanese are also used to refer to Christian heaven or hell). So Heaven=good and Hell=bad

Later Decim refers to them as Reincarnation (転生) and Void (虚無). Reincarnation is reincarnation as anyone knows it, but Void isn't the one that Buddhism uses, Buddhism refers to the Void as Kuu (空). This Void (虚無) specifically refers to literal nothingness. Like pre Big Bang nothingness. It's also used to refer to Nihilism which is the belief that life is meaningless in a bad way. Buddhism often does get mixed up with Nihilism but it really isn't the same thing. And I really don't want to get into this part so lets just skip it.

So what ultimately happened to Michiko, like everything, is ambiguous. We need to wait for the show to explain what the Void is. The Void is probably if anything, a special anime only thing. Like the thing behind the bar could be the Void for all we know, it was pretty spooky.

DESU Parade
>>
Anyone know if the bar is based off a real place? It's really beautiful and has an excellent atmosphere.
>>
File: ten shade.png (188 KB, 496x474) Image search: [Google]
ten shade.png
188 KB, 496x474
>>119582436
Can't wait for the mahjong episode
>>
A lot of things in the script was way too convenient. She just happens to have a friend called Machiko who the husband doesn't know about, and who is married to a doctor? When they were throwing the darts they always "slipped" with perfect accuracy? The subject of the baby was brought up at the perfect time for more revelations as well.
And their attitudes/behavior coincided with what we knew at the time, rather than the full story. I guess you could say they were remembering those things as they went along, but that's convenient in itself.

Also the animation when they went crazy was ugly, and the typical classy quiet bartender type character is really tiresome.

It's okay. Hopefully the concept won't get worn out too quickly in the later episodes.
>>
File: DB.jpg (125 KB, 1024x724) Image search: [Google]
DB.jpg
125 KB, 1024x724
>>119583357
It seems too classy to be anything real.
>>
>>119583354
>Although in Shinto, only the gods live in Heaven, EVERYONE else goes to Hell.
What the hell Japan? And only 1% of Japan are Christians? I know most people aren't religious but this belief is just odd.
>>
>>119583311
I agree with that too. The young guy in Billiards realized what he did was wrong but still knew he and the old man weren't equal walking into the game and wanted another chance at life. Takashi just wanted a happy family and felt remorse that he killed the happy family he always wanted. The old man had lived a full life while the woman felt guilty for cheating and not having done anything about it so she let the husband get reincarnated.
>>
>>119583408
I figured the "slipping" was intentional cheating that they were lying about (besides the last dart that landed on pure chance.)
>>
>>119583464
>the woman felt guilty for cheating and not having done anything about it so she let the husband get reincarnated.
Because laughing at him and telling him he is unlovable and she only wanted his money was a sure fire way to feel sorry for him. I'm agaist domestic violece since he was going to hit her but she was in no way sorry for cheating on him.
>>
File: 1413249456431.jpg (48 KB, 420x350) Image search: [Google]
1413249456431.jpg
48 KB, 420x350
I wouldn't mind staying the bar forever and it seems you can bring in items. So if I can internet there I think I be set. You already dead and going to heaven sounds boring and course no one wants to go to hell. And all of the cast seems pretty fun to talk to.
>>
>>119582436
>[720p]
>>
>>119583522
I thought so too, hence the quotation marks, but you could interpret it differently.
I just mean that if they were doing it on purpose, then they must be borderline darts professionals. I just thought it was silly.
>>
>>119583572
Yes. and?
>>
Fujobait if i ever saw it.
>>
>>119583408
>She just happens to have a friend called Machiko who the husband doesn't know about, and who is married to a doctor?

She made that up, she never had a friend like that and she was cheating on him the whole time, pay more attention next time, anon.
>>
>>119583612
Funi 720p looks like dogshit.
>>
>>119583560
>Because laughing at him and telling him he is unlovable and she only wanted his money was a sure fire way to feel sorry for him.
How can you not get that she's doing that she he doesn't feel guilty about causing the car accident and killing them all?
Him being angry at her is better than him being driven mad by guilt (especially since she did cheat she must feel like she deserve to be hated)
>>
>>119583638
True.
>>
>>119583630
She had a friend whose name would fit, but there's no evidence any other part of the tale was true.
>>
What does it say?
>>
>>119583708
I meant sorry for cheating on him. She didn't feel remose at all.
>>
Is it going to be the same thing every week?
>>
Cute, I hope azasuke, youkan or hairu get a few on her.
>>
>>119583560
I'm not 100% sure but I'm pretty sure the laughing and the exaggerated bits were just her trying to convince him that he didn't kill his baby.

She cheated on him, that much was true. But the rest was just theatrics.

With her husband now pretty much hating her and her baby dead she didn't really have anything left to live for hence why like>>119583311 said she went void since there was nothing left.
>>
>>119583749
urgay
>>
>>119582969
Cosmic RNG really didn't do anything. They never once state that losing means death. It's how you you act during the game that leads to one's fate
>>
>>119583408
The baby thing was her trump card anyway. She used it when she saw fit after recieving the first hit. You dont come out with that shit first.
>She just happens to have a friend called Machiko who the husband doesn't know about, and who is married to a doctor?
Were you paying attention?
>>
>>119583775
>She didn't feel remose at all.
Of course she did. Look at this pic.
Does she really look satisfied by this one night stand? Like yeah I made a good decision, let my cry on my pillow about how I feel no remorse.
>>
>>119583560
>Because laughing at him and telling him he is unlovable and she only wanted his money

Nah I truly believe she was bullshitting him there, but she half-assed things by cheating and decided to add that bs on there to reaffirm his suspicions because she knew he wouldn't believe him if she said she cheated on him but still loved him deep down. I think she just blamed herself for what happened and just gave up at the end.
>>
>>119583825
Are you implying they got any say in where they went? Theres nothing to suport that in the episode.
>>
>>119583292
You can make out the bottom of the Old Man's mask being red chinned. The right side mask's chin is barely in view and can be seen as round.
>>
Why did the Old Man in Death Billards went to hell?
>>
>>119583825
>his baby
Could be, could not be
That shit looks like its been bottled up. She wanted to tell him this.
>>
>>119583917
I don't think it was a one night stand. She kept talking to him over the phone.
>>
>>119583917
This never looked like she was crying into her pillow. I sleep like that and guess what? I'm not crying. It was one guy she kept going with not a one time thing.
>>
What happens if you don't die in a convenient pair?
Are you matched up with another person who died alone?
>>
>>119583917

To me it looks like she is sleeping after a rough session, but it could go either way.

Really digging how ambiguous the show is even though they outright revealed where each person was sent.
>>
>>119584034
Yes? Did you not watch billiards
>>
>>119583964
It's not hell, it's nothingness. Stop thinking like a baka gaijin.

>>119583989
That could be just the husband being paranoid. She could be talking to anyone over the phone.
>>
>>119583989
>She kept talking to him over the phone.

This is important too. While we don't know for sure, we can assume she kept a connection with him. I wonder why though. Maybe she just wants to keep him as a backup?
>>
>>119584034
Yes

Its what happens in the oneshot
>>
>>119584086
Fine

Why did the old man went into the void
>>
>>119583989
>She kept talking to him over the phone.
Still no proof of that.

Her feeling remorse fits perfectly with what she does after the game, taking the blame for the accident so her husband doesn't have to.

>>119584026
>This never looked like she was crying into her pillow.
She's clutching the fuck out of that pillow, she's clearly not sleeping.
>It was one guy she kept going with not a one time thing.
Baseless assumption.
>>
>>119584087
>we can assume she kept a connection with him. I wonder why though. Maybe she just wants to keep him as a backup?
As her friends said he has a rich one and a good looking one. Never a backup needed.
>>
File: 1329234245737.jpg (14 KB, 226x219) Image search: [Google]
1329234245737.jpg
14 KB, 226x219
And the moral of the story is - don't get married.
Good job Japan. How are those birth rates?
>>
File: Nice Beard.jpg (116 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Nice Beard.jpg
116 KB, 1920x1080
Guess I should watch Death Billiards
>>
>>119583749
町田 is Machida
>>
>>119584234
Wait, you think her friends were talking about her? Did you even finish the episode?
>>
>>119584086
Why didn't she answer it in the car then?

>>119584087
First I assumed there was really another "Matchy", now I'm not so sure. Maybe her friends were telling the truth but she actually fell in love with the husband? While the "...but fretted that she couldn't break it off with an old boyfriend" she was talking about herself?
>>
>>119584182
>not clutching a pillow to your side as you try to go to sleep
Pleb.
>Baseless assumption.
Because using her phone to talk and message him clearly shows it was a one time thing.
>>
>>119584087
Actually fuck, I'm not sure. What if it was just a one night stand and the other scenes with her phone were just to show the husband's paranoia and her resistance was just because he was invading her privacy? But then what if it wasn't and she was keeping him as another outlet? AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
>>
>>119584332
>not clutching a pillow to your side as you try to go to sleep

Nobody does that
>>
>>119584259
Googles doesn't translate the rest well though.
>>
>>119584366
Yes they do, everyone with a body pillow does. It's what their made for.
>>
>/a/ - No one pays attention
>>
>>119584418
A body pillow

Thats a normal pillow
>>
>>119584418
>>119584366
I do it with a regular pillow a lot. If it's hot they can be quite cooling.
>>
>>119584363
We'll never know the truth, but people will keep attacking each other believing they're the only ones who know everything.

I hope this and the next threads are better than the last ones.
>>
>>119584332
>using her phone to talk and message him
Why are you so sure she was messaging him?

Just because she didn't want to show her phone to her husband (who should be busy keeping his eyes on the road) doesn't prove anything.
>>
>>119584323
>Matchy

We never saw this Matchy right? We just assumed it was "the truth" because it was coming out his wife's mouth. But she already clearly cheated on him so can we really trust her?
>>
>>119584310
Did you? Because they were. She lied when she said that there was a Mitchiko. It was her they were talking about. She took the story of her friend who she said hadnt seen in awhile and gave her that story, that she hated her name and got that nick name.
>>
>>119584152
It's what his actions and speech deserved. He was resigned to his death and well accepting of it. He even went so far as the thank the kid for giving a good game of pool before his death. He had given up his attachments to life and was deserving of release from the cycle.
>>
>>119584418
That's a body pillow. Who does that with a normal pillow
>>
>>119584363
We have to play with what is shown, anon, we can't assume things we didn't see and there's nothing to suport he was invading her privacy. Aside from the car episode the show portaied him as a great husband.
>>
>>119584471
But nothing will stop people from doing it with a normal pillow.
>>
>>119583749
Machida Yuuki -sama
>>
>arguing about the fucking pillow
Stop being silly.
The fact that she think there's a good chance that the baby is the other guy's means that she must have let the other guy cum inside her on numerous occasions.
Use your brain.
>>
>>119584496
We clearly know that she exists.
That's why this shot >>119583749 is in the ED.
>>
>>119584409
well, ゆうき would be yu u ki, I can't read the last letter though.
>>
>>119584533
People with out a body pillow.
>>
>>119584366
>Nobody does that
You are right. I am nobody and I do that. Its nice.
>>
>>119584501
>She lied when she said that there was a Mitchiko
What are your proves for that? I'm not saying she was definitely saying 100% of the truth, but you can't say she was definitely lying either.
>>
>>119584575
Ah wow that clears up some confusion then.
>>
>>119583942
Not that they had any conscious effort in where they went, just based on what was inside.
>>
Some of you guys need to rewatch this episode.
>>
>>119584323
There's a card for Machida Yuuki in the ED.
It doesn't mean anything about the story was true.

I knew someone once that, for reasons that completely escape my imagination, left logs of some nonsense related to them cheating on their significant other on one of my computing devices, and when I told them that they had done so, they concocted an elaborate story in an attempt to attribute it to another person in the social circle that had never used it.
>>
File: 1380753046530.jpg (48 KB, 321x460) Image search: [Google]
1380753046530.jpg
48 KB, 321x460
>That uplifting OP
>Want to shoot myself at the end of the episode

I didn't sign up for this shit. Is the whole show just going to be "Look how terrible these people are, just like in real life!"?
>>
>>119584712
I might actually do that again just to reaffirm what I think.
>>
>>119584606
So I was wrong about the Mitchiko but those girls are talking about the wife.
>>
>>119584713
>It happened to me, so it probably happened in the show as well
>>
>>119584721
Yes
>>
>>119584788
>people lie in real life, up to and including framing their real life friends, to their other real life friends
>people lie in fiction about their fictional friends, to their fictional husbands
>>
>>119584721
the Death Billard people aren't really that bad
>>
>>119584713
>It doesn't mean anything about the story was true.
Why would they choose to specifically show us this Machida Yuuki card in the ED then?
They want us to understand that the wife wasn't lying about that.
Even if she was cheating in the end, what the husband overhead had nothing to do with her.
>>
God dammit, why is my head hurting with this episode but not with Death Billiards. Death Billiards was more complex than this first episode. Fuck.
>>
>>119584496
My theory right now: her friends were really talking about her, but she mentioned Machida Yuuki to support her lie in case he remenbers her (she does play to win), she did fall in love with the husband before the marriage but her friends had no way of knowing that, she couldn't stop the cheatting after the marriage and the guy keeps 'bothering' her over the phone, the baby could and could not have been the husband's (she's not sure herself), at the end she remenber how she fell in love with him and regrets her actions that led to this but chooses to reveal it in a way that the husband doesn't feel guilty about their deaths.
>>
Holy shit it's Ginko

I like those eyes
>>
>>119584536
He was genial. But the very fact he was willing to think his wife was cheating on him with nothing more than bathroom gossip speaks volumes about his faith in other people. While, I'm not saying he should have just brushed it off, the fact that he refused to bring it up with her for fear of it being true speaks volumes.
>>
so void is better than reborn? because she won and IDK
>>
File: images (1).jpg (5 KB, 160x90) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
5 KB, 160x90
>Husband kills both him and his wife
>Wife gets sent to hell/The Void
>Guy gets a second chance

I like this anime
>>
>>119584769
Now that's just grasping at straws, anon.
>>
File: 442559011.332918.png (331 KB, 541x566) Image search: [Google]
442559011.332918.png
331 KB, 541x566
>getting married
>>
>>119584935
Because we've been given more clues on top of what we already know about Death Billiards.
>>
>>119584721
That episode was so fucking good in a way I can not really explain. I'm sad but rejoicing in having saw this.
>>
>>119585028
Killed in an accident, not the husband's fault.
>>
Did you guys seriously enjoy it that much? Not trying to be edgy but I found it a little to over the top, like the writers were trying to keep our attention by throwing twist on top of twist.
>>
>>119585011
He loved her, did not have the courage to seek the truth, but couldn't shake the suspicions off. A human being through and through.
>>
>>119584903
It just disambiguated the existence of the woman.

Since they don't establish that what she said is true you can apply Occam's Razor. You have to assume that it's more plausible that the woman happened to also marry a doctor, also had an affair, and also retained her unmarried surname.
>>
Is this Fujo shit
>>
>>119585093
you can't seriously say that accident wasn't his fault
>>
>>119585028
>>119585093
Killed by husband's stupidity but an accident. Both hands on the wheels guys.
>>
>>119583397
It's going to be tanoshii
>>
>>119585152
No. Owner is best girl.
>>
>>119585124
No. Between the designs of the additional characters, the melodrama, and the formula shared between the OVA and this, it made me wish I was watching Jigoku Shoujo instead.
>>
>>119584575
The card doesn't mean she was telling the truth though. She sheer fact she did cheat on him and that she was given oblivion as her punishment discredits her severely. You could only MAYBE...MAYBE say she was lying at the end to try and protect him a little but even then, remember...she was given oblivion.
>>
>>119585152
Yes, all anime is fujoshit. Don't watch anime.
>>
File: 1366951570609.jpg (148 KB, 466x396) Image search: [Google]
1366951570609.jpg
148 KB, 466x396
>>119584721
I know what you mean, I watch anime so I have a distraction from all the scummy and evil people in real life but anime is getting more and more like it.
>>
>>119585199
>>119585202
It wasn't directly his fault, he didn't choose to crash. He just wanted to answer the phone.
>>
File: 1416942074130.jpg (89 KB, 344x312) Image search: [Google]
1416942074130.jpg
89 KB, 344x312
I don't get why they stopped the husband from beating the shit out of the wife. They did the same shit with death billiards but the guy actually killed the old man. But they won't even let the husband smack his wife when its actually justified for once.
>>
What are you guys talking about some old man? I just watched it and didn't see any old man.
>>
>>119585124
It was ok for what i was expecting
I hope it gets somewhat better
>>
>>119585124
I didn't really find it plot twisty. Was just very much exploring the psyche of the two characters and the interactions between the two.
>>
>>119585226
You cant really fault them on rehashing the OVA's formula seeing as they have to cater to people who don't watch the anime mirai shit.
>>
>>119585124
Yes, it was masterfully wrote, considering they had 20 minutes to resolve two lifes.
>>
>>119585284
Death Billiards, a short
>>
>>119584947
That's a plausible theory. Mine is different in that the extra phone scenes just show the husband's paranoia and that she only cheated once on him. I think the child was their's but like you said she twisted some things to make it like it wasn't their child so he wouldn't feel all the grief of killing the whole family through his paranoia. I mean it doesn't really matter since both of our theories lead to the same conclusion.
>>
>>119585276
He already killed her. I don't think he needs to smack her.
>>
>>119584721
Next episode seems to be solely about the people who work at the bar. Should be interesting and probably less dark
>>
>>119585229

She also said she wasn't lying which was a lie. Overall her sins caught up to her in the end and that was that for her.

I believe that was the point, she comes off as the normal innocent one while he comes off as the ugly bad guy when it was the opposite that was true. She was awful and the ugly one, she just happened to feel bad about it. He was the innocent that looked awful because of his mistrust in her which was well placed in actuality.
>>
>>119585252
You might want to steer clear of shows named things like "Death Parade" then
>>
>>119585276
It's only ok to abuse old men that used to be gangsters. Hitting women is a serious offense!
>>
>>119585147
>you can apply Occam's Razor
That's if you only consider this part of the story.

When in context with everything else, that's what is making the most sense to me.

The starting point of my reasoning is that starting from pic related, the wife is lying about almost everything for the sake of her husband.
She says she loves someone else and that she only married him for the money, therefore she truly loved him and not for the money.
Which means the toilet gossip wasn't about her, which means Matchy is really Machida Yuuki, and since we know Machida Yuuki exists from the ED card, everything fits.
>>
>>119585276
It was over, man, sometimes we have to let go of things.
>>
I need to watch Death Billards before this?
>>
>>119585265
Her cheating created that phone situation in the first place, it's very obvious.
>>
>>119582969
It's just the http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prisoner%27s_dilemma It can happen.
>>
>>119585226
>Hell Girl
>still Takahiro Omori's worst work
Choose both.
>>
>>119585276
The young and old men were fighting DURING the game.

The husband wanted to hit her AFTER the game.

Not Ginko said violence isn't prohibited during the games.
>>
>>119585298
I think my biggest issue with the whole thing was the fact that it was crammed into 20 minutes, It suffered from being rushed.

It felt to me like the story was going a mile a minute the entire time never giving the view a chance to take a break and absorb what was going on.
>>
>>119585338
can you drop the he killed her shit it was unintentional while the wife did was intentional. At least he spat all over her so I guess that's something.
>>
>>119585276
Preventing him from going to the void.

If he tried to kill her that would be a sin
>>
>>119585388
You may as well, it did come first after all. It's only 1 episode, anon.
>>
>>119585265
>It wasn't directly his fault, he didn't choose to crash. He just wanted to answer the phone.
Try to use something like that in a judgement, I'm sure you'll be forgiven.
>>
>>119585389
Maybe, but yeah he shouldn't have grabbed for it and if it was really no one important calling she shouldn't have pulled the phone away. It was just an accident, no one is at fault for the crash.
>>
>>119585265
Thats why I said an accident. Pay attention when drivinig people, it could save your life.
>>
>>119585124
It was alright

At first I assumed it was a group of 'sharp table corner' fags kidnapping people and making them suffer. Thankfully it turned out to be better 3/4 into the episode.
>>
>>119585126
Yeah, but that doesn't make him a perfect husband. The wife certainly was in the wrong by cheating, but the husband wasn't exactly a paragon of virtue.
>>
>>119585458
He was and even received reincarnation while she was destroyed.

So I think I will, anon.
>>
>>119585440
I think that's the point. It's meant for you to reflect on what happened after you watch the episode and form your own opinion on who you think was more wrong and if they deserved the end they got. I think it's better that way.
>>
>>119585458
See >>119585462 it's that simple, stop trying to place sole blame for an accident on one person. The crash is just grasping at straws to blame the guy for something.
>>
>>119585440
There could be entire (really good) book about this episode only. They had to rush things unfortunantently.
>>
>>119585458
I'm sure his dead corpse will be seriously concerned about jurisprudence in your country.
>>
>>119585265
Actually when they came down the elevator he had the demon mask

It implies he was blamed for their deaths, however the wifes betrayal was a greater sin that justified his actions. Thus he gets to be reincarnated
>>
>>119585513
I said great, not perfect. Everyone has suspicions.
>>
>>119585513
None of the four people brought into the game have been paragons of virtue. It's not trying to depict anyone as virtuous.
>>
>>119585570
Not really, the masks mean nothing at first, they only have meaning after they have been judged.
>>
>>119585442
I'm just saying, regardless of being unintentional, his actions at that specific point in time directly lead to their deaths. She's clearly at fault for cheating but he made an irrational decision in the heat of the moment that killed them both.
>>
So, is the main girl a human that didn't enter any elevator?
She is seen with the strings in the OP and she doesn't have the funky eyes everyone else does.
>>
/180/ from /sp/ here. Wait a sec...you can't reach zero in a game of 501 with only seven darts. The bare minimum requires you to throw a 9 darter.
>>
>>119585514
>she was destroyed
Can we just stop with this? This is not what the ending means at all. There's no "punishment" or "prize" to be offered to the participants of the the game. It's just two different forms of afterlife, with different meanings, none being objectively "better" than the other.
>>
>>119585608
It's the initial opinion/bias

then the evidence

then the verdict
>>
Honestly I'm pretty much set on everything in this episode until the crash part. I just can't tell if the wife is still communicating with guy #2 or she's just being ultra defensive about Takashi going through her personal stuff.
>>
>>119585276
They only allow violence to occur during the game. It's why when the bartender stops the husband he does so saying "the game is over." In billiards, the game was still ongoing and violence could be used as a legitimate tool in winning the game. Just like in Darts using the other person's darts was a legit tactic. And I'm willing to bet that had the husband tried to kill his wife while the game was still going, they wouldn't have stopped him.
>>
>>119585640
The kanji for void is the unpleasant one, anon. We've already dissected it, she got a bad end.
>>
>>119585614
In reality her pulling away caused the crash. If she didn't do that it wouldn't have happened. The accident is both of their fault at best.
Thread replies: 175
Thread images: 24

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.