[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do we fix western anime fandom? Is it broken beyond repair?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 3
File: jesus christ.jpg (94 KB, 456x398) Image search: [Google]
jesus christ.jpg
94 KB, 456x398
How do we fix western anime fandom?

Is it broken beyond repair?
>>
>expecting good taste from MAL
>>
>>119413808
>721 users
>442 users
Maybe you should wait until people actually watch them before shitposting
>>
>complaining about scores for shows that haven't even aired yet
Are you retarded?

Do you literally go onto the internet to find things that make you angry?
>>
>>119413808
muh ikuhara
>>
good anime> harem shit> yuri pandering shit
>>
File: that guy.png (102 KB, 198x278) Image search: [Google]
that guy.png
102 KB, 198x278
>>119413861
>haven't aired yet
>>
>>119413855
Didn't stop the Toradora spammers.
>>
>>119413941
Singular episodes have aired, not the shows.
>>
I don't get it, what am I looking at?
>>
Are those low rankings?

I'd imagine they are since OP appears to be crying about why western fans aren't into yuri.
>>
>>119413977
The plebs on MAL like generic battle harem light novel adaptation of the season more than something new and different which scares them.
>>
>>119413941
Funi licensed both of them and had to delay the first ep because they fucked up and no decent subs have been out yet, so yeah in the practice they may as well haven't aired.
>>
>>119414117
Funimation has already released Absolute Duo and there's a proper fansub release for YKA
>>
>>119414179
>Asenshi
>proper fansub
>>
"stop liking what I don't like"
>>
>>119414263
No, anon. Stop liking what I like.
>>
>>119413808
It's not broken, it's never been functional in the first place.
>>
>>119414306
You won't even know I'm here.
>>
>>119414046
>same exact shit Ikuhara has always been doing but phoned in as fuck
>new and different
>>
>>119414046
You're surprised by that? Like getting mad a generic shooter is everyone's top game of the year.
>>
>>119413808
Fuck the rating. Yuri Kuma is too different for plebeian sensibilities. What is sad is that more people have seen that harem trash.
>>
>>119413808
they're both shit
>>
>>119413808
The reason why most of the anime community is full of shiteaters (/a/ included, I mean this is the place that claims a series is trash because its popular while claiming generic haremshit #1001 is good) is because we haven't had access to everything the medium has to offer. Some people still either don't know how to torrent or prefer not to.

As much as you hate crunchyroll, if it had existed 15 years ago then right now we'd have a much better community in the west. But in reality, the public get's fed whatever the majority says is good. The majority consists of people who grew up with their sole impression of anime being based on toonami, so naturally a series like Attack on Titan will be seen as the most worthwhile show in the medium when it's airing.

This is also why we have so many haremshit eaters as well. Once they were done with shonen they moved on to shows that were a bit more sexual in nature because that type of anime is the antithesis to what they were used to watching on toonami. It's just as shit, which is the funny part.
>>
>>119413808
>MAL
>rating after episode 1
the fix is to delete this thread champ.
>>
>>119413808

Right is deserved. It might improve, but the first episode was shit.
>>
>>119413808
What's wrong? Are you stupid?
>>
>fix
>implying it was ever not shit
>>
>>119416196
>Right is deserved.
>the first episode was shit.
>rating: 6.57
Are you fucking retarded?
>>
For what it was worth, Duo was more entertaining than Yurikuma so far. Yurikuma will depend on a massive payoff at the end. No telling if Duo will ever have that but it's just ok. Both aren't really that great yet. Other than Yurikuma hype.
>>
>>119416086
>I mean this is the place that claims a series is trash because its popular
But 'it' doesn't.
>>
>>119416460
The majority of /a/ will shun a series if it has some sort of mainstream popularity. Do you really want to fucking argue this? It's pretty obvious.
>>
More like Absolute Crap amirite?
>>
>>119416580
/a/ is mostly right. Series with mainstream appeal aren't very good. Especially if we are talking about anime. /a/ isn't even particularly hipster in comparison to /tv/ or /lit/.
>>
>>119413808
Show on the left.
>Not wanting the shounens to get fucked in the ass by women.
>Wanting upskirt panty shots.
>Pretty much okay with everything else.
>/a/ hates me, my decisions, and my wants.

Well fuck you too.
>>
>>119415201

Having seen both all joking and shit posting aside they both are pretty lame in their own way. One is a generic LN battle harem story with stock characters we get every season now and the other is a try hard "symbolic" Yuri pandering thing from some weirdo director that can never reign in his excesses enough to get down to the damn points he's apparently trying to make. Both are emblematic of problems in the Japanese wing industry relating to bad ideas or ideas that could be interesting or at least funny but are just buried under a thick layer of unnecessary hyper sexualized shit.
>>
>>119416086

No the majority just likes whatever is getting hyped on crunchy roll at this point which could be halfway decent or pretty much mediocre crap in reality but what dictates the reaction at the end of the day isn't common sense or execution but simply how much hype a show is getting at any given time. Popularity and reception of anime has basically become about the same as twitter trending in most venues.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (62 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
62 KB, 1280x720
We don't fix it
>>
>>119413808
I...fap even more?
>>
>>119416086 >>119416849 >>119417059

Arguments, shitposting, and jokes aside...

If you pay attention to the news: Japan's in a recession and the Wapanese animu industry is actually dying slowly. It's best title last year sold about 27k units. The best title now just sold 7k. (The upcoming "singing lesbians based on military equipment" taking up popularity and money? Hmmm...)

But the reason anime's "dying," if there's a reason, is that it's all the same. The second reason is that it's depressing as shit. The people eating that type of shit up are dropping like flies and they're not gonna last forever.

The Wapanese animu industry needs to allow some change; some long-term effort to create a new paying audience, and some effort to keed their titles from being the same shit over and over again. Else, it'll die along with Japan and its recession-addled problems.
>>
>>119417687
Meanwhile in real life anime revenue was at its highest level ever in 2013 with no signs of decline for 2014
>>
>>119417854

Not yet, yo.
>>
>>119417687
You were proven wrong. Get over it.
>>
>>119418052

Ask yourself: Why is animu still not as popular outside of Asia?

* Where are the stalking numbers for titles sold in the US?
* Why are dubbing and streaming companies loudly patting themselves on the back?
* Why are the annoyingly obnoxious "vocal minority" being relied on heavily?

Could it be that, you know... It's still a NICHE market?
>>
>taking MAL seriously
I bet you take opinions on /a/ as fact too.
>>
Duo is better than yuribears, I see no problem there.
>>
>>119417059
CR doesn't hype shows. They only have an inkling of what will be popular just like everyone else. It's mostly based on whats already popular in Japan. So no, that argument doesn't hold.
>>
>>119414223
Are you just trying to be a contrarian fuckwit? Asenshi is one of the better fansub groups that still operates.
>>
I can't believe you idiots are actually surprised shows that appeal to a wider audience gets more recognition than ones that don't
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.