[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So what exactly was /a/'s problem with this show? I know
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2
File: u.jpg (92 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
u.jpg
92 KB, 1280x720
So what exactly was /a/'s problem with this show? I know I'm late to the party, but I enjoyed it a lot. The animation was nice, the color palette was especially appealing. The characters were all fun and some of them were pretty interesting.. But every time it gets brought up, it gets trashed. Is /a/ just being contrarian with this one? I understand I'm not watching it in the epicenter of it's hype, so maybe people were simply disappointed because it failed to live up to unrealistic expectations. The only other thing I can think of is the shift the story takes around the half-way point may have not been what people necessarily wanted from the show.
>>
There were at least eight threads up for it at all times when it was airing and it attracted normalfags
>>
>>119101242
overexposure, huh? i guess its safe to say this thread won't be too popular then
>>
>>119101184
>The only other thing I can think of is the shift the story takes around the half-way point may have not been what people necessarily wanted from the show.

That's putting it REALLY nicely. The second half was the writers making shit up as they went along. Shit like Tsumugu and his special bullet that were set up were forgotten, the club leaders that the first half went MotW with didn't have any relevance until the end, and the ending itself (besides being ripped straight out of sonic adventure 2) was basically trigger trying to build as much hype in the last three episodes as possible the same way they did with ttgl.
>>
It's shit
>>
It was TTGL, but even more so. Take that as you will.
>>
>>119101956
kinda but nah
>>
>>119101550
>besides being ripped straight out of sonic adventure 2

How so?
>>
>>119102097
http://imgur.com/gallery/yC705

It's a silly notion, but I can't deny the similarities.
>>
Great ideas wasted on a stupid show.
>>
>Kill La Kill
>No one is killed
>>
File: king_of_anime.jpg (310 KB, 630x533) Image search: [Google]
king_of_anime.jpg
310 KB, 630x533
This anime was just an entire joke did you actually think it would be a huge success. i mean it was fun for a little while.
>>
>>119102327
Nui got kablooey'd.
>>
>>119101956
It's TTGL with both better and worse pacing.
>>
>>119102382
>did you actually think it would be a huge success

no one in the thread said that, shut up korra
>>
>>119101184
It was all over 4chan, drawing attention from other boards and leading to people hate it, and then when the ending screwed the pooch, these people felt vindicated and rubbed it in the faces of the people arguing that it wasn't a 3/10 finale.

The story fell apart and many elements felt like they were just thrown in to get people hyped up only for the payoff to be a wet fart. That also led to people who did like the show to turn their back on it.
>>
>>119101184
Considering that is my wallpaper, no problem OP, I didn't have any problem with it.
>>
>TTGL was big on 4chan back in 2007
>studio largely of TTGL staff forms
>first original TV anime gets overhyped by idiots and shitposters
>shitposting intensifies
>>
Overhyped and also it was a clusterfuck. The show itself was also pretty fun so the popularity grew fast and the fanbase was obnoxious.
>>
I always think KLK is alot like Final Fantasy 13.

Its an alright work if you disregard its predecessors. Yeah coming out of Trigger everyone hyped the shit out of it and expected grade A fucking story and masterful work. So it didn't live up to their expectations as Triggers big next anime. Is it an alright anime? Yes! Is it great? Possibly! I don't think KLK is timeless at all, its just going to be forgotten about in a couple years (I think people would have already forgotten about it if it wasn't /a/'s most hated anime) but for now its just a decent anime alot of people have seen. I've seen worse.
>>
>>119102676
>1280x720 wallpaper
casualfag detected
>>
>>119102960
>/a/'s most hated anime

I somehow doubt that.
>>
>>119101184
It's on the top 3 for reddit, MAL, ANN, what the fuck do you think?
>>
>>119101184
The level of writing amounts to a monkey on drugs. The visuals were poor, typical of trigger and the comedy was just not funny. Worse is the show treats us like we all have PTSD and can't enjoy watching it without something happening every millisecond.
>>
>>119103024
Nah, it's definitely shat on by the hivemind at the moment
>>
>>119103146
>Worse is the show treats us like we all have PTSD and can't enjoy watching it without something happening every millisecond.
>like we all have PTSD
>PTSD
>>
repetitive
>>
>>119103183
Still no where near as hatred as some other series
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.