[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you guys use to read manga on? I've recently been
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 6
File: photo.jpg (110 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
photo.jpg
110 KB, 768x1024
What do you guys use to read manga on? I've recently been browsing around for a good e-reader to read manga on seeing how they're nicer to the eyes than an LCD screen. Also being able to read something in bed too.
>>
Kindle but I wouldn't recommend it, screen's just too small.
>>
File: Kobo_size-compare_LoveHina.jpg (60 KB, 1024x552) Image search: [Google]
Kobo_size-compare_LoveHina.jpg
60 KB, 1024x552
>>118678818
For e-ink, the Kobo Aura HD and H2O have an extra inch on the major competitors. They also open cbr/cbz natively.
>>
File: gefybb.jpg (3 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
gefybb.jpg
3 MB, 2448x3264
>>118678999
I bought a Kobo Aura HD a while back but it was plagued by ghosting issues, even after turning on screen refresh after every page, so I returned it. I don't know if it was a factory defect or if the Aura HD is just supposed to be like that.

Pic related: it was mine after changing page.
>>
>>118679150
That's just something you get with e-ink sometimes.
>>
Paperback.
>>
Nexus 7

I wanted more of a general use tablet though rather than a readings specific device.
>>
>>118678818
HoneyView3
>>
>>118682741
>HoneyView3
Why did you just say PC? That is what OP was asking about, the device.
>>
I got a sony reader T3 last christmas for 75$

It's pretty good I must say. Have plenty of manga on it and reads quite nicely. I believe sony dropped support for it though and kobo or one of those companies bought it.
>>
MiPad Master Race. Anyone else use that?
>>
Fucking bloggers
>>
I read on my 1024x768 dell monitor in honeyview, I really wish I had an e-reader so I could move around with it. It'd be nice to have something I can read elsewhere than sitting in front of the computer. I don't know enough about the kinds of filetypes e-readers use, so I doubt I'd be able to get all my manga onto one.
>>
>>118683802
It's more of a manga related technology thread
>>
PC and Nexus 7 when I'm traveling or laying in bed. Using Mango for the nexus 7. I'm thinking about tilting my monitor vertically so I can read manga with that, any of you guys do that? How is it?
>>
>>118684078
I do it

It's great, I'd highly recommend it
>>
If I made .cbzs from all of my manga folders, would it be easy to access them on an e-reader? I'm thinking about buying a cheap one just to have something to read on.
>>
>>118684158
People do that for the non-kindle ones that support a wide variety of file formats. The kindle is a locked down pain in the ass but there are programs to let you convert comics/manga so it can display them. Also you might have to fight with margins and shit because the 7" e-readers aren't that great for it.
>>
With the exception of PC, where most of my reading happens, I read it in my Moto G. The screen is too small to read with it vertically, so I just read horizontally and scroll up and down the page. It works, and it's pretty comfy. Not ideal, but does the job fairly well.

Using MangaWatcher. Heard MangaRock was better, and I'm willing to buy if it is, but I'm just so used to MW that I'm not sure I'd switch.
>>
File: IMG_20140828_184111.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20140828_184111.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
Ereaders are shit to read manga on. That refresh rate is annoying as fuck.
>>
i wish i had one of those "stands" for when you try to use your phone on the bed without tiring out your arm
>>
My computer is hooked up to my television, so I just read it there using ComicRack while in bed.
>>
>>118684306
I've heard recent Kindles can also read cbr/cbz directly, though I don't know for sure.
>>
iPad Air. Just pay the money and be done with it.
>>
File: Mangle1.png (309 KB, 1366x728) Image search: [Google]
Mangle1.png
309 KB, 1366x728
>>118685951
I'm not sure about that, but you can always jailbreak it. Or just rename them into zips and drop them in the documents folder, problem solved. Thought it's better to optimize that shit with Mangle first instead of wasting space on the extra pixels you can't use.

Kindle Fires should have no problem with that if you find an app that's already compatible with them.
>>
>>118685297
Reading on an LCD isn't 60hz CRT annoying but it's still pretty fucking awful compared to e-ink.
>>
>>118686329
Semantics, but you don't jailbreak a Kindle. You root it.
>>
>>118686008
Worst decision I've made in my life to do with electronics.

Alright display/resolution/etc, but goddamn the operating system is a piece of shit even post-jailbreak. All of the applications that people have written for directory browsing are fucking abysmal, and the comic application is alright at best.

What a waste of, like, $400.
>>
>>118678818
PC
>>
Kindle DX or that new Sony DPT-S1 or too tiny.

>>118685297
what mango is that?
>>
>>118690022
Looks like Suicide Island.
>>
Samsung Note Pro 12.2 Little bit heavy but it has awesome quality and big screen
>>
File: Hojo.jpg (54 KB, 543x522) Image search: [Google]
Hojo.jpg
54 KB, 543x522
Nexus 7 gen 2 using SCViewer, works wonderfully
>>
Seems like the place to ask.
Is there an info graph or somewhere to start to learn how to download manga/anime?
I got caught by my ISP torrenting when I was younger and had my parents freak out and I finally have my own place and want to start things right.
>>
>>118690367
Blow your fucking brains out

I will give you one piece of knowledge: You will never get into any sort of trouble for downloading anime. The Japanese don't even care that almost everyone outside of their country torrents their media.
>>
>>118690367
Not really, no.
Nobody cares about your chinese cartoons
>>
>>118690367
I personally torrent from nyaa/bakabt and move it to my tablet from the pc, but you can also read it on sites like Batoto and some reader apps let you download manga straight on to them, Manga+ is an example.
>>
I have my heart set on a Kobo h20 when it becomes available in Aus in Feb. I'd go with the Aura HD but I'm the kind of fuck that cares about the upgrade to Carta E-Ink. I'd go with an amazon voyage but as far as I can tell their software is worse when it comes to typography.
>>
>>118690412
>>118690408
You missed the point, I didn't want another letter being sent just to hear my parents bitch.
I moved out finally.
I know nothing is wrong and nobody cares retard.
>>118690423
Thanks for an actual answer.
>>
>>118690408
You are an awful person.
>>
>>118690519
fuck you too you ungrateful piece of shit
>>
>>118690487
Most kindles are too small
>>
>>118690625
I thought everything except the flagship kobo's were all 6". Originally I'd have preferred that but I'm seeing more and more comments that the 6.8" is a better size.
>>
>>118690677
Kindles have also horrible zooming function maybe it gotten better with Kindle voyage but it sucked on the previous versions
>>
>>118690367
If you have money and really want the security you can get a VPN. If you want to go off the rails you could pay for a VPS with bitcoins via an anonymous wallet. Also use TOR. But that's some next level drug dealing international terrorism shit, VPN is the most you could honestly need, assuming your country's ISPs give a shit about piracy.
>>
Mangawatcher on my Samsung Note 10

If you use anything but mangawatcher on an android, you're overexerting yourself.
>>
>>118691032
hm I been using mangarock since that was the one that could download from batoto the other 2-3 I tried couldn't
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.