[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ok, I'm confuse... why does this series have movie quality?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 251
Thread images: 27
Ok, I'm confuse... why does this series have movie quality? Where do they get the money for this? Better yet, why isn't all anime like this?
>>
>>118423480
>why does this series have movie quality
Stop.
>>
A series with side mouth is not movie quality. But that's just me.
>>
It's above average, but it's not movie quality.
>why isn't all anime like this?
Not every anime has guaranteed high sales like Fate.
>>
>>118423480
watch more anime
>>
>>118423509
>Stop
Hammertime?
>>
>>118423590
>watch more anime

lolwat

How many anime series have you seen with this level of quality?
>>
>>118423621

Fate/zero.
>>
>>118423621
>lolwat
Fuck off
>>
>>118423590
You're just baiting. Maybe Kyoani sometimes, but most studios don't end up looking as nice as ufotable during TV airing.
>>
>>118423621
There are tons of anime with crappy perspective and ugly filters.
>>
>>118423480
>Where do they get the money for this?

Fate/Zero was one of the top ten most successful anime of all time.
>>
>>118423480
Really like how they do the fights. All those things like Saber stepping on Lancer's lance or grabbing the katana with her gauntlet or OP's pic.
>>
File: 1376351814751.gif (435 KB, 250x141) Image search: [Google]
1376351814751.gif
435 KB, 250x141
So, newfaggot general?
Have fun, secondaries.
>>
>>118423621
>>>/out/
>>
File: ibgQr2BPzYrXj1.jpg (33 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
ibgQr2BPzYrXj1.jpg
33 KB, 400x300
>>118423480
1. Money
2. Look at 1
3. Money
>>
>why does this series have movie quality
Aniplex
>Where do they get the money for this
Aniplex
>why isn't all anime like this
Because most series wont make Aniplex money like this

Everything comes down to how Aniplex is throwing money at Ufotable which is made up of TM fans.
>>
>>118423684

F/Z looked way worse though.
>>
>>118423621

Watch more anime, faggot.
>>
>>118423944
Thats kinda sad to think about.
>>
File: YashiroTryingToFigureOutAlibi.jpg (243 KB, 616x617) Image search: [Google]
YashiroTryingToFigureOutAlibi.jpg
243 KB, 616x617
>>118423480
The question should be, why doesnt every anime have budget as big as K's
>>
ufotable really became the forerunner in the usage of filters
>>
>>118424483
>budget as big as K's

>collapsing tower.jpg
>>
>>118423480
That scene actually had a bit of QUALITY, though still had a better quality than than most fights.
>>
>>118423480
>movie quality
A shitty Youtube movie quality.
>>
>>cg motion blur to make 3-frame animation look "cool"
>good
There are people in Tumblr that do the same with all kinds of shows in their shitty giftsets; you people would be surprised about how much you can cheat.
>>
File: killlakillbyufotable.gif (2 MB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
killlakillbyufotable.gif
2 MB, 500x281
>>118425036
>kill la kill by ufotable
>>
I've been out since after they butchered the Berserker fight.

Anything else been ruined by adaptation?
>>
You faggot being retarded here.
Yes you maybe don't like fate/stay night maybe you dont like the whole franchise or you just want to fit in 4chan by hating on this, ok i get that.
Aside all this arguing about the godly animation it just makes you look ridiculous, get you shit together retards.
>>
>>118425188
>sensei's legs and arms change sizes and thickness every 3 seconds
>godly animation
>>
>>118425155
Not blue enough.
>>
>>118425180
Tsubame Gaeshi's first use was three slashes instead of two, and Seibah somehow dodged it by tanking one hit with her armor.
>>
>>118425180
How did they butcher it? The caster, Kuzuki, and Assassin fights were extremely disappointing to me, but I loved the Berserker fight.
>>
>>118425294
Saber can't hurt him. It wasn't a fight, it was Berserker thrashing her like a ragdoll. Instead she can somehow break through God Hand with B STR. This isn't Prisma's C ranked God Hand.

Ilya doesn't know magecraft theory, which is why she can't casually annihilate literally everyone sans Gil.
>>
Because if you take a look you'd see that other than nice backgrounds it's nothing special outside battles.
>>
>>118425188
>fit in 4chan

Are you retarded /a/ loves everything fate
>>
because bigger names mean greater sales which means they're given a little bit bigger of a budget.
>>
Are Fate Stay haters actually so deluded that they completely deny that this show actually has animation that surpasses even most modern anime movies? I would actually like someone to point out ONE series that has consistently high quality animation like this because as far as I now, not even KyoAni has produced anything on this level.
>>
>>118423621
Fate/Zero, though personally Zero felt better.

There was Katanagatari, but then again it had 50 minute episodes and they had 1 month to make each one.

Tari Tari is probably the best looking TV anime I've seen, though. Everything in it was beatiful

There's also Henneko, but then it looked great because it was made in 1080p natively. Anime is made in 720p.
>>
>>118423480
Unlimited Budget Works
>>
>>118423480
This is just how based ufotable is towards their works.
>>
>>118425351
They needed some way to make Shirou running onto the battlefield and tackling Saber look less retarded. Berserker being dead for a second gave him a chance to get close enough to save Saber from the Caladbolg shot
>>
>>118423480
>why does this series have movie quality?
A movie full of talking heads.
>>
>>118424374
>hurr, Fate/Zero is shit and I must hate it because it's popular and not a carbon copy of F/SN
>>
>>118425188
>Aside all this arguing about the godly animation
>Shirou fighting Kuzuki
>standing still and drawing whirling ams
>>
It's really weird the way some things just spontaneously become incredibly popular despite not being all that great. The VN is a bloated mess, and this adaption has made it clear that even when you strip it down to the basics, what is left is not a very good story. Zero was much better written.
>>
>>118425572
I dont hate it at all, but its mediocre stuff for teenagers like most anime and its sad to think how great anime could be instead of being chuuni pandering.
>>
ufotable is not movie quality they just developed a way to make cheap shit look good, if you go frame by frame the animation quality isn't that good.
>>
>>118425557
It defeats the purpose of that fight as well as God Hand as a whole. That was to show how utterly monstrous Herc was.

I'm not even talking about her use of the golden sword. Given that's just a lower-amplified Excaliblast that should be able to penetrate God Hand fine, and while it wasn't in the VN it at least doesn't contradict God Hand's mechanics. The fact that Saber's normal slashes were able to inflict damage on Herc is the problem. That shouldn't be able to happen, unless they downranked God Hand when nobody was looking.
>>
>>118425650
It was strike air. Exaclibur requires the name to be said, and it can't just scale itself down. Strike air should be B-rank.

Also, Caladbolg doing shit all to Berserker is fucked up.
>>
>>118425615
Pretty much this. It looks fantastic, just like Makoto Shinkai stuff. Animation-wise, it's well above average, but not outstanding. They still use lots of stationary characters who don't move that much while talking, for example.
>>
>>118425650
The purpose of that fight in Fate was to show how monstrous Herc was. If I'm remembering correctly, they were actually pretty evenly matched in the UBW fight. I don't think Herc got a hit on her at all, other than the one she allowed him to. She was just weaving between tombstones until the Archer nuke.
>>
>>118425597
No it wasn't. Please stop saying this.

F/SN might be bloated, but it has characters a thousand times better then in F/Z, a plot much better then F/Z, and actual thematic purpose to what happens.
>>
>>118425743
Check the animation again. End of the beam faded into gold. It's not Excaliblast proper, it's just the golden sword thing Nasu's referenced a couple times for power comparisons with Invisible Air.

Strike Air's not B rank either, it's C rank just like Invisible Air. It's not a broken phantasm or anything. Besides, even if it was, it wouldn't be able to smash through God Hand.

>Also, Caladbolg doing shit all to Berserker is fucked up.

And that goes against my claim that they fucked up the fight how?
>>
>>118425785
I think its just a falseflagging meme to bait VN readers.
>>
>>118425615
this
>>
Ufotable still hasn't beat the best fight in the entire fate franchise.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHHjyfC9jrs
>>
>>118425785

You have to be some kind of retard if you honestly think F/SN is well written.

I don't know shit about Zero, but iI do know about F/SN.

Read a fucking book.
>>
>>118425615
Holy fuck how retarded some people can be?
Anime are not supposed to be watched 1fps can you get that in your empty head?
Also why dont you give as an example of good quality?
>>
>>118425849
Books dont have pictures, sound, voices or choices.

Fuck off /lit/fag
>>
>>118425849
I didn't say it was well written. I just made comparisons to Zero.

There's a lot going on in F/SN, though in terms of how it actually reads it's way worse then actual literature, it's a shitty translation so I don't think that's a fair judge.
>>
>>118425764
Not quite.

>But…
>Her attack is countered by a huge blow, and Saber is flung away.

>"Guh…!?"
>Saber slides across the asphalt.

>A black whirlwind runs in pursuit, and…

>Silver lights come flashing down to intercept him!

>But they have no effect.
>The three arrows hit the giant square in his forehead, but simply disappear.

>The giant does not stop.
>Saber blocks the giant blade with her own.

>"Saber…!"
>My scream is meaningless.
>As Saber blocks Berserker's sword head-on, she is flung away like a balland she falls to the ground.

>Is she dizzy?
>Saber has her knees on the ground and does not move.
>"This is it. Smash her, Berserker."
>The girl's voice echoes.
>The black giant charges at Saber with brutal speed.

Oh, or how about:

>She flies dozens of meters.
>Saber flies through the air like a pitcher's fastball and plows into the open terrain off the road.

>She must be dead.
>Once is bad enough.
>But she can't be okay after receiving such a blow twice.

>The black whirlwind moves.
>The match is already decided, but he's not done yet.
>The giant called Berserker roars and charges onto the open land.

>'If you can, try to run away.'
>The one who said that isn't here.
>Tohsaka went after Berserker.
>She must intend to keep fighting against this monster that is unscathed by all those attacks.
>>
>>118425844
That crap isnt canon right.
>>
F/Z and F/SN UBW are pretty amazing in terms of quality. I have not seen this outside of very few anime. Usually you see this type of quality in movies.

There are exceptions of course.

While the visuals are nice, it isn't just the visuals that form the complete package. The sounds used in the fights and music are top notch.

You really can't go wrong with Kajiura.
>>
>>118423537
A low powerlevel faggot who hasn't watched enough anime to know "side mouth" is pretty much everywhere is a faggot who should lurk more. But that's just you.
>>
>>118425844
why does a loli pedo spinoff have such high budget
>>
File: Cave_of_time[1].jpg (58 KB, 245x400) Image search: [Google]
Cave_of_time[1].jpg
58 KB, 245x400
>>118425885
>>
>>118425764
She did better in UBW but was still getting wrecked once the first five seconds had passed, and Berserker never got scratched until Caladbolg.
>>
>>118425921
Completely canon, just set in a different universe.
>>
>>118426007
Those kind of books died for good and with good reason.
>>
>>118424279

Don't forget Type-Moon fans are bizarrely rich, or at least willing to purchase themselves into destitution.

Remember those $1000 Kara no Kyoukai deluxe BD sets?
>>
>>118426042
Disgusting, Ill just pretend it never happened.
Fucking pedofags.
>>
>>118425860
because the easy way to make good animation is to actually pay attention to every frame that way it look fluid and continuous the problem that its expensive as fuck, ufotable doesn't doesn't do this pays more attention to good motion enhancing, that way they can achieve good results without using too much resources, so yes you are right anime isn't supposed to be watched at not native frame rates thats why we are prasing this work.
>>
>>118425844

This was pretty good.
>>
>>118425844

This fight looks terrible though. A lot of jerky movements. Ilya's physique freaks out occasionally and it has abysmal choreography.
It's impressive for the series it's in, but it's not objectively better than anything in Fate/Stay Night UBW so far.
>>
>>118425743

>Caladbolg doing shit all to Berserker is fucked up.

Ha.

>There is a crater at the center of the explosion.
Archer has created this destruction.
>But the giant still exists in spite of such abolition.

>"Berserker… He is unwounded even after taking a direct hit from a Rank-A Noble Phantasm"

You're strong, Bahsahkah.
>>
>>118426007
1. Those books no longer exist, they were that awful.
2. Still missing color in the pictures, voices and sound and being longer than 1 hour.

Nice try.
>>
>>118425962
I've seen plenty of it before. This one just happens to irritate me more than others I've seen. It isn't ruining the show for me, but it still annoys me. But I'm just a faggot anyway.
>>
>>118426164

He did explicitly block it in the VN, though, not ignore it.
In the anime he was just
>eh, God Hand's got this one
>>
>>118425844
Am I the only one that doesnt care for "epic fights" at all anymore? I actually find them more exciting in text form as you can learn much more about how the characters are feeling instead of just watch them shout.
>>
>>118423480
There aren't that many fights, it's a short series, and a lot of things called 'quality' have lots, and lots of light effects.
>>
>>118426156
You keep telling yourself that.
>>
>>118426186
If you slow down a shitton on that scene you can see his shadow moving to hit Caladbolg as it flies at him. The fucks over at BL noticed that one.
>>
>>118425615
>>118425760

Actually if you go frame by frame it's still pretty amazing. F/SNUBW so far, at least.

>>118425835

This specific frame comes from a series of about 1.5 seconds long, and is literally impossible to perceive with the eye. And it doesn't look that bad beyond Kanshou suddenly becoming a greatsword, which is obviously just motion blur (again, 1.5 seconds).
>>
>>118425351
>Berserker thrashing her like a ragdoll

Not in UBW, how about you go re-read the VN and reset your fucked up memories before you start sperging about changes.
>>
File: shiki top gun.jpg (44 KB, 533x421) Image search: [Google]
shiki top gun.jpg
44 KB, 533x421
>>118426251
That's impressive of them.
>>
>>118424483
>k
>budget
Where did it went though? To marketing? Certainly not animation.
>>
>>118425351
>Instead she can somehow break through God Hand with B STR.
No she can't. She used prana burst, which is a Rank A skill she has. It never happened in the VN but it didn't break any rules and ultimately doesn't matter.
>>
>>118424483
> unmoving move frames
It was painful!
>>
>>118426244

You've got no response? I think 2:27 is the worst offender. Illya decides to leap a mile into the background, snap her spine to touch her chin to the floor, then awkwardly glide back into the fight. This shit is ridiculous.
>>
>>118425615
>developed a way to make cheap shit look good
>if you go frame by frame the animation quality isn't that good.

What the fuck am I reading?
>>
>>118423480
When do we get to see Illya again? She was interesting.
>>
>>118426251
The autism is strong with them.
God bless them
>>
File: Shirou vs Kuzuki.webm (3 MB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
Shirou vs Kuzuki.webm
3 MB, 960x540
>>118425835
>if I post a still frame of an inbetween during a ~2 second highly animated shot maybe I can accuse Ufotable of QUALITY
>>
>>118426302
Yeah, no.

>So here's what I found out today. One, do not gamble with Saber.
>Two, a rule where the winner is the one to have ten more hits than the opponent can end up in an infinite hell if the ones playing are at about the same level.
>And lastly, Saber is physically weaker than us if she does not use her magical energy.

She's always using Prana Burst. Prana Burst doesn't up her stats, it's what gives her those stats. Without Prana Burst she's a sucky teenage girl.
>>
>>118426283
>Actually if you go frame by frame it's still pretty amazing. F/SNUBW so far, at least.
A lot of scenes that aren't a fight have little animation. Characters might move once every 3-4 seconds if they are talking, but that's it.

>>118426204
I'd agree. But when you have secondary faggots to deal with 'epic fights' is basically the only metric they understand.

Like people who'd say Hyouka has "average" animation, because people aren't flipping the fuck out every 15 minutes.
>>
>>118426167
>2. Still missing color in the pictures, voices and sound and being longer than 1 hour.

Are you a child?
>>
>>118426084
It was $600, not incredibly expensive for 8 movies, an epilogue, a small behind the scenes and an artbook. Not to mention it included English subs.
>>
>>118426370
Are you?
>>
>>118426369
>A lot of scenes that aren't a fight have little animation. Characters might move once every 3-4 seconds if they are talking, but that's it.

Are people supposed to move around a lot when nothing is happening? Almost all of those scenes are people sitting around musing to themselves. It happens a lot with Nasu's writing.
>>
>>118426361
Honestly it just proves that they're using a lot of light, and "SPEED" to not have to animate things well. I mean, it was a thing since the first episode. It's easier to show a glowing purple light over fists, than a well detailed fist after all.
>>
>>118426400

Nice argument.
>>
>>118426283
>, and is literally impossible to perceive with the eye
no it isn't, the whole scene was badly done
>>
>>118426410
You might have a point if it was badly animated, but alas it is not. That entire fight sequence with Kuzuki was pretty fantastically animated.
>>
>>118426410

They're not, though. That's two seconds coming at the ass-end of a fight scene, deliberately animated to be faster than the viewer is intended to perceive.
So basically, you're bullshitting.
>>
>>118426415
Right back at you.
>>
>>118425517
Katanagatari looked mediocre, except for about 30 seconds in the last episode.
>>
>>118426430

And now you're just trolling.
>>
>>118426364
You don't know what Prana Burst is. It's a literal burst of prana, using it like a jet engine. It's only in Saber Alter mode that she continually uses it as a defensive barrier. Normally she only uses it for super fast movements. In this case she used it as an attack. Since it's A-Rank it goes through God Hand.
>>
>>118426410

So after DEEP writing and forced drama we've arrived to a point where well animated scenes aren't well animated, because they somehow cheated to make it look good.
>>
>>118425517
>Tari Tari is probably the best looking TV anime I've seen, though. Everything in it was beatiful
You're fucking retarded.
>>
>>118426470
i meant that not only that frame but the teacher and shirou exchange was pretty meh
>>
>>118426430
If by that you mean it was extremely above average animation, then yeah. The way they animated Kuzuki's arms and fists was superb, they managed to capture the weird, distorted way his limbs seem to bend and stretch as he fights, which is what makes his style almost impossible to counter the first time you see it.

If you go through it frame by frame you can see his arms twisting and bending like snakes.
>>
>>118426482

It's not well animated though.
>>
>>118425608
Remember that Gundam Seed Destiny sold even better than Fate/Zero.
>>
>>118425285
That's disgusting.
>>
>>118425517
>Katanagatari
>good animation
Holy fuck, please tell me /a/ isn't this retarded.
>>
>>118426481
>This transfers magical energy into one's weapon and body, and by releasing the magical energy instantaneously, it increases one's ability. Simply said, it is like magical jet energy propulsion. Saber uses this magical energy for her sword techniques, guarding, and movement.

It's a Phantasmal Beast skill she has cause of the dragon core. See how pegasus uses the same thing. It's put into all of her attacks. UBW specifically said that without using her magical energy, she's physically as strong as an average teenage girl.
>>
>>118426560

Do you even know what animation is?
>>
>>118426560
It's extremely well animated, you'd be hard pressed to find a show this season with better animation. I can think of 2 off the top of my head with animation on par with even the cheapest UBW scenes.
>>
>>118426434
Except it wasn't.

>>118426447
Like most fights have? Aside from their laser light shows? Here's a thing, when I'm sitting there, looking at the screen and I think.

"I think Bleach had better animated fights."

SOMETHING IS WRONG.
>>
>>118425488
Nichijou easily surpasses Ufotable Blade Works. Animation isn't about filters.
>>
>>118425921
Lousy argument. The whole appeal in the Fate/ series is that the characters, story, and plot are expandable beyond the canon. Prisma Ilya exists rightfuly in its own universe, just as Fate/Extra exists on its own universe as well.

>>118425844
I should pick up Ilya s2. I forgot how fucking based this fight was.
>>
>>118426404
>Are people supposed to move around a lot when nothing is happening?
If you're talking about animation, where being animated means to move, yes. They don't need to move a lot, just subtle movements is good enough, shuffling and stuff like that. Even blinking by non-active characters adds to it ufotable are smart with their animation, though. It's not lacking enough to really find it flawed; I've already said ITT that it's way above average, but I wouldn't say there's enough of it to call it outstanding. The way most of their scenes are acted out, only one person moves at a time every 2-3 seconds while/just after they talk, and that's it.

Also, swapping angles to prevent still abuse.
>>
File: exalted combat.webm (3 MB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
exalted combat.webm
3 MB, 960x540
>>118426663

You're bullshitting.

There are two bad frames in this webm, and they're animation errors, not badly done.

ufotable is doing great on a frame by frame basis in terms of animation. They just add laser light shows because they want laser light shows. They don't "cover up bad animation", they're just there on top of good animation.
>>
>>118426532
Why would people care about your shitty opinion? You can't even use punctuation properly.
>>
>>118426687
>trying to reason with secondaries who only watch Fate for muh fights
>>
>>118426663
The fights are animated exactly as described in the VN though.
>>
>>118426696
What's an outstanding show for you?
>>
>>118426751
Thats exactly what that guy you responded to is.
>>
>>118426725
why did you answer then?
>>
File: Kuzuki thrashes Saber.webm (3 MB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
Kuzuki thrashes Saber.webm
3 MB, 960x540
>>118426663
I can pick basically any segment of that scene and it has impressive animation. Even the non-action parts were great.
>>
File: janna2.gif (328 KB, 549x598) Image search: [Google]
janna2.gif
328 KB, 549x598
>>
>>118426663
>SOMETHING IS WRONG
Yes you're right.

You've forgotten your medication for your autism

Seriously you haven't even got a clue on animation and you honestly think that fate ubw has 'bad' animation.

If you want an example of bad animation look at kill la kill for alot of the animation was the stuff you can do with flash movie maker
>>
>>118423684
>>118423706
>>118423796
>>118424149
>>118424302

Look at those dumbfucks. No ones have given a name of anime with same quality except fate series.
>>
>>118423480
KnK was seen as a risky project because it was a 7 movie adaptation of a shitty novel Nasu wrote long before Type-Moon got incredibly popular. The trick was to do it faithfully so that fans would be satisfied, and with a high production budget and using modern animation techniques which aren't commonly used. Very experimental. It turned out to be a huge success, so there's no surprise that Aniplex would make Ufotable the first-choice partner when thet decided to do another high budget adaptation of a Type-Moon related story.
>>
Who cares if the animation is good or bad when the show is so boring.
>>
File: Caster float.webm (2 MB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
Caster float.webm
2 MB, 960x540
>>118426845
Seriously look at this shit. Look at how they did that snow effect.
>>
>>118426204

So...let me get this straight.

You don't care for these animated fights even after reading about them and knowing all of the information you already mentioned?

People like you are scum. "But the X media was better than the Y media!!" instead of just enjoying both.
>>
>>118426845
>slams Saber's head so hard into the asphalt she craters
I love little details like that.
>>
>>118426950
Is Caster too lazy to walk?
No wonder she gets her ass handed to her in melee
>>
>>118426950
Yeah it looks fine.
>>
>>118426950
Holy shit, they so lazy to animate how Caster is walking.
>>
>>118426964
I was talking about "epic fights" in general but I read the VN years ago so I dont remember the specific line that is delivered during each swing of a sword.

You are a fag anyways, I never mentioned "But the X media was better than the Y media!!" or even implied it, Im just wondering because I watched that scene and other action scenes lately and I felt nothing at all.
>>
>>118426998
It's better than fine, you won't find another anime that pays that much attention to detail outside a movie budget except maybe KyoAni at their best.
>>
>>118426696
Just to add, their fight scenes, outside of obvious CG use on occasion, are still great.

>>118426767
Honestly, I'd only say Hyouka because of it's high level of consistency, budget, project lead time and being the type of story that plays to Kyoto Animation's strengths. Everything is moving in every scene; it is almost always animated. Very few shows are on that level in terms of animation. Say what you will of everything else about it.

I wouldn't expect that level of animation out of Fate, either, because most of the budget is obviously reserved for the fights, which is what draws the most watchers. You go to random forums and people will only ever speak of fight scenes.
>>
>>118425844

god i fucking hate this loli bait piece of shit

i can't believe people eat this shit up

also i just mean the show in general i'm not just talking about the fight
>>
>>118427071
Go back to /v/, SJW.
>>
>>118426663

Yeah of course there's something wrong.

You have shit taste.
>>
>>118426590

Do you?
>>
>>118427092

i never was at /v/ in the first place
>>
>>118425517
>Katanagatari
I really liked the art style but I'd never say It was high in quality or that the animation was really noteworthy as with the exception of the 'preview' there weren't really any standout moments for me.
>Tari Tari
>Henneko
That's not even worth responding to
>>
>>118425835
The fight scenes were handled better in F/Z.

http://youtu.be/Zrv6y_-v9Qg

http://youtu.be/N-VFSS9EUoY

http://youtu.be/wheNAtenvvk

http://youtu.be/Zq_0yQ0AUCY
>>
>>118427056
>because most of the budget is obviously reserved for the fights
Despite that though they make even the non-action scenes very nice looking. I can remember in the first couple episodes people were joking about how Ufotable was blowing the budget on Taiga's highly animated antics.
>>
>>118425517
>Tari Tari is probably the best looking TV anime I've seen, though. Everything in it was beatiful

I'm getting the feeling you're serious. Can you at least explain why you hold such a retarded opinion?
>>
>>118423621
I want reddit to leave
>>
>>118426905
there are plenty of anime with impressive fight scenes. This year most memorable fight scenes belong to HXH
>>
>>118427169
>cherry picking
Come on at least wait for the series to finish before you make comparisons

None of the actual fights that people in fate threads actually like and talk about have been animated yet
>>
>>118427235
>Come on at least wait for the series to finish

I await eagerly Shirou VS Archer and Shirou VS Gilgamesh.

Swords.

Swords everywhere.
>>
>>118427235
Yeah they have. People talk about Kuzuki vs Saber a lot, and also Saber vs Berserker.

And Shirou vs Archer isn't really a big deal because of the fight, it's about the confrontation itself. Cause when you look at it it's Shirou who's just barely good enough to keep up with a Servant fighting against a mostly dead Servant.
>>
File: ufo-digital.webm (2 MB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
ufo-digital.webm
2 MB, 960x720
>>118426916
The KnK novels were pretty popular, I wouldn't say it was such a big risk

>>118426950
Ufotable's digital effects team deserves as much praise as their animators, they're probably the best in the industry.
>>
>>118427313

The confrontation is still a pretty flashy ordeal even if it is far more thematic and ideological than a physical confrontation.
Swords clashing, breaking, being made again, Shirou's body falling apart, bleeding all over.. ufotable will have their hands full.
>>
>>118427195
Yeah, don't get me wrong, I'm not saying the non-fight scenes are bad at all; I love scenes with Taiga.

But the way a lot of people talk, it's as if they think everything is on par with the fights, which simply will never be, and only ever cite fights when they're only really 1/3rd of the show. Then again, they're usually the types who also say that art style/character design is animation or only buy into Fate because of the action and broken characters who they can 'relate to' like Kerrytugu.
>>
File: 1416884934875.gif (592 KB, 224x129) Image search: [Google]
1416884934875.gif
592 KB, 224x129
>>118427035

Which shows just how shitty your memory is. I'm rereading UBW right now and most of the fights are fucking boring. The lines become repetitive at times, in fact, when they describe combat.

>I never mentioned "But the X media was better than the Y media!!" or even implied it

You stupid shit:

>>118426204
>I actually find them more exciting in text form

You fucking implied that the text form was superior.

Do you seriously have this much trouble with English? It would explain a lot considering that you thought the combat scenes in the VN were engaging.
>>
>>118423480
Because the VN aged like milk and they're finally redeeming the action sequences (the primary draw) with proper animation.
>>
>>118426703
Nice to see someone who understand
>>
>>118423944
How much did Fate/Zero sell?

I hope a lot, that series (Fate/Zero) was great and had fantastic writing. It deserves success
>>
>>118427472
Do you also prefere the Hobit movies to the book?
>>
>>118427313
>Saber vs Berserker
No they don't they never talk about it in those threads.
>>
We will see Taiga getting raped this week right?
>>
>>118427041
Sunrise
>>
>>118427636
No that's in Ep 12
Ep 11 should be End of Day 9 and the whole Day 10
>>
>>118427601
You must not be in threads often because that fight regularly comes up whenever people talk about power levels.
>>
>>118427642
>Cross Angst
>Attention to detail
Nope.
>>
>>118427537
Good works of actual literature have a good story.
>>
>>118427514
http://www.someanithing.com/1
>>
>>118427514
Around 30-40k per volume.
>>
>>118427717
Nope, it averaged ~52k/volume. See >>118427687
>>
>>118427676
Everyone has shit that they export out to Korea.

Main team is actually really good with little details.

Like the stick in Horizon.
>>
File: 1397402808733.jpg (180 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1397402808733.jpg
180 KB, 800x800
>>118427472
>Because the VN aged like milk and they're finally redeeming the action sequences
>>
>>118427766
If the VN were so great, why are all the primaries watching the anime?
>>
>>118427794
Same reason people watched Umineko anime.
>>
>movie quality
>>
>>118427403
No I said that I myself enjoy it more.
>>
>>118427794
Why do Berserkfags watch the movies?
Why did people who like the Hobbit watch the first movie?
>>
>>118427855
>Why did people who like the Hobbit watch the first movie?
they don't
>>
>>118427827
His body is made out of swords.
>>
>>118426845
Impressive animation
>>
>>118427794

The anime is a pleasurable fanservice designed not to replace the VN, but supplement it.
Refusing to watch the anime would be like refusing a high class handjob just because you've got top quality porn at home.
>>
>>118427169
Caster vs. Archer was done by the same director as Lancer vs. Saber in F/Z. Can't say who the rest are.
>>
>>118427642
Depends on which team it is.
>>
>>118427794
Nice argument pepe

Because we like the anime and we want to see the fights animated.
I am going to watch heaven's feels for some scenes that I really liked in the VN to be animated.
That doesn't mean that I'd think that the vn is automatically inferior and that I think it's aged like milk.
>>
>>118427687
How the fuck could Deen sell >25k with Deen/stay night?
>>
>>118425285
>lacks basic observational skills
She used the recoil from dispelling invisible air to move out of the way.
>>
>>118427887
>high class handjob
What the fuck?
>>
>>118427794
Im not.
>>
>>118427877
>>118427827
>Animation
>still image
>>
File: eeeeeeh.png (187 KB, 279x510) Image search: [Google]
eeeeeeh.png
187 KB, 279x510
>>118427877
>>118427827
>judging animation from stills
>>
>>118427877

This is pretty impressive, that's an intense pose from Kuzuki and a nice sonic boom from Saber's ragdoll-turned-missile.

>>118427827

And this is quite a well done animation of snake-fu. Lashing out like a viper, even with a fang-like trail.
>>
>>118427916
>Because we like the anime and we want to see the fights animated.
Oh my!! are you saying.. that the VN has inferior animation?
>>
>>118427926
It funded the UBW movie.
I watched a 720p version with shit bitrate and dub as my introduction. I loved it, too.
>>
>>118427938

I'm saying ufotable is wanking the Type-Moon fanbase.
>>
>>118427916
When is a HF anime predicted to be made?
>>
>>118427926
Nips love dragons.
>>
>>118427877
I know his punches are strengthened, but where did he get the strength to throw saber?
>>
>>118427926
You oviously weren't around at the time. There was A LOT of hype for it pre-release. We can make fun of it now, with hindsight, but that's all there was back then.
>>
>>118427991
After UBW
>>
>>118427926
Because even as bad as it was, it was still a F/SN adaptation.
>>
>>118427235
F/Z - Ep 5
F/SN - Ep 3
F/Z - Ep 3
F/SN Ep 1

ok
>>
File: 1404334753795.png (192 KB, 1252x1252) Image search: [Google]
1404334753795.png
192 KB, 1252x1252
>>118427956
Oh I get it

Just like the pepe image before saying the exact same thing this is just bait
>>
>>118428023
Ok? I mean there was like a 3 year gap between Zero and UBW, I wonder what said gap will be this time
>>
>>118428013

Everything about him is strengthened. He's got reinforcement all over his body.

Also, she was pretty disoriented after a few hypersonic fists to the brain case.
>>
>>118428062
They already announced that they'll be doing a/multiple movie(s).
So expect it/the first late 2015
>>
>>118427956
Nobody reads a VN for animation you daft shit. They are different media.
>>
>>118428040
What the fuck is pepe?

And are you literally disputing the fact that the VN is inferior by at least one objective metric?

You seem angry and paranoid
>>
>>118428065
Oh was it? I thought it was just his fist. I even read the VN. It definitely explains a lot.
>>
>>118428092
The fact that you `accept` its inferiority does not change the fact it is inferior.
>>
>>118428098
Inferior at what? Being an anime? Yeah, because it's not supposed to be an anime, it's a visual novel. Are you retarded or what?
>>
>>118428132
The quality of animation != anime, the medium
>>
>>118427956
The VN has no animation whatsoever
>>
File: 2.webm (3 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
2.webm
3 MB, 480x270
>>118428092
I want to read Mahoyo for its animation.
>>
File: 1418490342039.jpg (54 KB, 315x513) Image search: [Google]
1418490342039.jpg
54 KB, 315x513
>>118427956
>VN
>animation
>>
>>118428187
Wherever two or more images are joined, there exists animation.

No matter how shitty it is.

Even a single frame counts in terms of image quality, although it may technically not be animation
>>
>>118428098
First Pepe is pic related

Second that's like saying a fight scene from a book is done better in an anime. Yeah of course the fight is going to be better in motion rather than having it described to you though text unless It looks like pure trash.

Finally I am not angry just annoyed that someone is reposting bait into another thread with the intent of provoking a response
>>
>>118428181
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fU-27H4XNAc
Translation never
>>
>>118428154
A VN isn't an animated medium, saying it's inferior to anime because of animation is non-sequitur because it implies VNs are somehow in competition with anime over their animated content, which they're not.
>>
File: 1398586994089.jpg (7 KB, 228x221) Image search: [Google]
1398586994089.jpg
7 KB, 228x221
>>118428237
wooops forgot pic
>>
>>118428225
>I have no clue what animation is
>I'll just make up a nonsense definition that doesn't even apply to what I'm talking about
Shitposter, get your act together. I can't even pretend you're serious at this point.
>>
>>118428269
Every medium has intrinsic qualities/properties.

Just because you're inferior at some doesn't let you write them off.

For instance the properties of manga are a subset of anime.

However the quality of the implementation of these properties varies between series/artist, and is also subjective.
>>
>>118428181
>all that budget
>for a flop
>>
>>118428225
There still is no animation in fate stay night unless you seriously count a white light moving across the screen or the sprites being dragged about to show movement of the characters during SOL scenes
>>
>>118428357

It wasn't really a flop, it was a rather average success.

It wasn't a smash hit like Fate/Stay Night was, however.
>>
>>118428364
>There still is no animation in fate stay night unless you seriously count a white light moving across the screen or the sprites being dragged about to show movement of the characters during SOL scenes

That's the definition of animation. Sorry if you don't like it.

It's not a still image, so it's animated.
>>
>>118428357
Fuck the nips for their shit taste

Fucking how is Saber always at the top of the polls I'll never know
>>
>>118425155
is this from the BD?
>>
>>118428405
It's pretty understandable why Mahoyo "flopped" though
>1/3 of the story for the full prize
>no VAs
>no H-scenes
>completly linear
>>
>>118428476
>completly linear
Funny I thought I heard that there was more choices after you beat the game once like with other type moon games
>>
Kyestah no Mestah
>>
File: good goyim.gif (949 KB, 450x253) Image search: [Google]
good goyim.gif
949 KB, 450x253
Why didn't they take all this money, make the animation, and re-release the VN?
>>
>>118428534
No there are no choices at all.
>>
File: 1418404927667.jpg (94 KB, 900x506) Image search: [Google]
1418404927667.jpg
94 KB, 900x506
>>118428647
Tskukhime comes first and they've already re released the vn you dumb shit where do you think all of these new OPs are from?
>>
>>118428724
Actually they could just take the animation from the anime and add it to the VN. They should do that.

Bonus points if they make original animation for it as well.
>>
>>118428351
VN's aren't an animated medium though. Some of them don't have any animation of any kind. Animation doesn't matter, VNs don't need it to tell stories. It's like evaluating movies purely on their ability to use 3D special effects, and then calling non-3D movies "inferior" because they don't have any 3D effects. 3D is just a gimmick, something movies use to spice things up, they're not essential at all to the medium.

That's what animation is to VNs.
>>
>>118428357
>flop
how much did it sell? i bet you dont know it
>>
>>118427870
or they like pain and having their favorite children's stories crushed and mutilated. It wasn't as bad in the first part where they at least allowed a little bit of music, if none of the magic of the world.
>>
>>118428476
if it's linear why didn't they just tell ufotable to animate it? wasn't that the big issue with f/sn?
>>
>>118428854
I almost walked out of the theater during the second movie because of that awful forced dwarf/elf romance.
>>
File: __cgl__.png (970 KB, 1275x705) Image search: [Google]
__cgl__.png
970 KB, 1275x705
It doesn't. Look at the backgrounds once in a while.
They have done lots of neat color filtering to make the background looks better, but its still shit.
3D transition helped backgrounds in fight anime, A LOT. And UFOTABLE is good at it.

>>118427327
They are good at overdoing it. Maybe because of geometry and shader creators are not working with them.
>>
>>118428810
See
>>118428181

Fate is a very old series so it's far behind the times.
>>
>>118428892
>if it's linear why didn't they just tell ufotable to animate it?
Not enough content and not realy popular
>>
>>118428892
I don't understand your line of thinking. You realize the main impetus to getting things animated is to capitalize on popularity and spur on sales or merch right? F/SN is popular, it has products to sell, an anime reaches a wider audience and draws attention to the franchise, like F/Z did.

Mahoyo is less popular, an anime might be able to boost its sales somewhat, but considering TM has a built-in fanbase and it still performed so mediocre, it's not promising.
Thread replies: 251
Thread images: 27

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.