[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
hey jumbo-faglords I just finished S2 of Chaika, what the fuck
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: chaikerr.jpg (339 KB, 850x1200) Image search: [Google]
chaikerr.jpg
339 KB, 850x1200
hey jumbo-faglords

I just finished S2 of Chaika, what the fuck was that rushed ass ending? That was an anime original ending right?

Can someone tell me what happens in the novel? Niwa switching sides was totes out of left-field, they must have had more interaction in the LNs right?
>>
>>118360831
From what I've heard, it was an anime original. It felt like the writer was just tired of the story already. I mean, Gaz came as quickly as he went... Fingers crossed for an OVA.
>>
>>118360831
Story is different in the LN as Gaz has a less shallow role and background. Gillete, Red, Vivi and many other characters also have bigger roles and/or better developments.
Niva and Chaika spent more time together and Niva's possible side-switching is foreshadowed in the novel.

The last volume isn't out yet so it's not known what Gaz plans to do after achieving his main goal.
>>
>>118362365
>t Gaz plans to do after achieving his main goal.
So he 'wins' in the novels?
>>
Anyone calling the anime end original is a troll unless he already has read a novel no one can buy in japan yet

www.kadokawa.co.jp/product/301312000263/
>>
File: 26572078_p1.jpg (159 KB, 1080x610) Image search: [Google]
26572078_p1.jpg
159 KB, 1080x610
>>118362513
He wins at doing what he wanted to do. Now that it's done, we don't know what he will do next.

>>118362636
The story is different in the LN since the end of the island arc, so the last volume doesn't really matter when you compare the LN to the anime.
>>
I want to fuck Top Jobber.
>>
>>118362709

Can you gimem a brief summary of what happens in the LN instead?
>>
>>118362636
The story already deviated as of the last two volumes that were released. Fuck you and your precious "no stop acting like you know more than I dot" delusions.
>>
>>118363778
The aftermath to the last battle is exactly the same.
>>
>>118363147
World's background, according to Gaz, as of vol 10:
God created the world to feed on emotions of the population. After many tries (Feylas) he managed to create humans, who in turn managed to create a proper society and become a proper population capable of feeding him.
Then God created Gaz to rule half of the world and maintain a perpetual state of war. Gaz eventually started to ask himself questions, didn't like to be a puppet and decided to rebel against God. God didn't like it and used Guy (God's proxy in the world, a part of God) to start a war against Gaz.

At the end of the island arc Guy betrays Team Chaika and attacks them (he didn't want them to get on that island in the first place). Chaika accidentally gets some of her blood on Niva and activates her. Niva is a living magic amplifying gando. He merges with Chaika's gando and they manage to kill (that particular) Guy. Also, Niva has silver and gold eyes.

Then the tournament arc happens, it's mostly character development, and Gillette. Gillette was revived by Guy to serve as one of the 9 apostles who are supposed to seal/kill Gaz once he is revived. Gillette starts to regain his memories during his battle against Toru when Toru hits his fake arm, which he lost just before dying to falling Soara.
>>
>>118363891
Not really. There's no last battle in the LN yet.
>>
File: p039.jpg (354 KB, 1135x1600) Image search: [Google]
p039.jpg
354 KB, 1135x1600
>>118364149
Fast forward to the resurrection ceremony. Everybody (except Toru and Frederika, who should be still pretending being dead after getting assravaged by Gillette) is at the audience room. Black kills Stephan and start eating Gaz's remains. Gaz revives. Black dies. Apostles arrive and start fighting against young Gaz. At that point Toru should be contracting Frederika. Shit's going down, Red and White are shocked after seeing Black's resurrectionc ceremony. Toru arrives in his dragoon armor and Team White get out of the audience room. Red is on her own, with her 2 unconcious buddies to haul.
>>
File: p257.jpg (313 KB, 1135x1600) Image search: [Google]
p257.jpg
313 KB, 1135x1600
>>118364424
Team White try to leave the caste but there's an impenetrable barrier around it so they decide to go back to the audience room. On the way back they meet Red and decide to team up. They fight the 3 puppet Chaikas, now controlled by Gaz, manage to take 2 down but Green escapes.
They arrive to the audience room, Team Gillette is already there, chatting with Gaz. While preparing some spell using Niva, Gaz tells his story and explains about God and the world.
The spell he's preparing is to kill God. He's using the same system God uses to collect human emotions (old Chamonix ruins, scattered around the continent) to reach him.
Then Gaz kills God.
Volume 10 ends with Gaz announcing that it's now time to rule the world properly.
>>
>>118364937
Don't forget he offers Toru and Gillette positions as his generals in this new world and was even willing to split territory among them but they both basically told him to fuck off By the way. Akari is a major pervert in the light novel way more than what the anime showed.
>>
>>118365516
That's from the teaser from vol 11. Not sure how exactly it will turn out.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.