[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Secret Santa Thread? Secret Santa thread! You should have started
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 6
File: christmas-anime-santa_1280x1024.jpg (734 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
christmas-anime-santa_1280x1024.jpg
734 KB, 1280x1024
Secret Santa Thread? Secret Santa thread!
You should have started shipping this weekend edition
>Did you ship your package?
>As it been stolen by a grinch?
>How are your /ss/ cards ?
>>
>>118032862
>Sent my gift
>Got mentioned in a previous thread
>Working on cards now

It's beginning to feel a lot like christmas.
>>
>>118032862
Sent it all yesterday.
$60 in shipping alone.
>>
File: 923.jpg (301 KB, 571x800) Image search: [Google]
923.jpg
301 KB, 571x800
Everything has been sent. Just waiting for Christmas now.
>>
>>118033145
The hell are you sending?
>>
>>118033366
Your mom
>>
Sending it out tomorrow. Hoping I don't get grinched.
>>
Going to get started on late cards this week, hopefully.
>>
>>118033366
I sent 4 letters/care packages to the people I got last year, 2 to the card people I got this year, and a smaller one to Jebus.
Also sent 2 gifts.
>>
I signed up for a few cards, but it turns out I'm not creative enough for this at all
>>
Shipped on Friday, didn't include a personal note, just a comic/card i made. Dun i goofed?
>>
Brought it to the post office yesterday, so will probably be shipped tomorrow.

So it's on its way DA from Scotland.
>>
Whoever got IC of Canada - I highly suggest sending the gift soon if you haven't already. Depending on how far you live away from me, it might be a bit risky in another few days, since I'm out on December 18th until the end of December.
>>
>>118033778
I didn't add anything, just a cd called Ur waifu a shit. It contains touhou music and such
>>
I'm curious, how many people still haven't ordered gifts yet for their anons? At this point, it's too late to ship by SAL from Japan and expect to get it in time for Christmas, much less repacking the gift.
If you're ordering domestic, what stores/outlets are you using?
>>
>>118032862
Remember when /a/ at one point in the past did secret Santa gifting? Those were joy good times.
>>
>>118034080
joyful*
>>
>>118034053
I ordered something yesterday off of HMV through EMS, I believe. God knows if it'll make it in time.

Fortunately, I live in the same city as my anon.
>>
File: kurkistus.jpg (50 KB, 510x532) Image search: [Google]
kurkistus.jpg
50 KB, 510x532
Anyone got someone from Finland?
>>
>>118033891
Hmm, ok. Hope NC from CA is pleased by my comic
>>
Remember that if you know your gift will be delayed, please notify your recipient and/or the Secret S/a/nta organizers so that you don't get blacklisted.

>Domestic
Please give your packages at least one week to reach your recipient since the post system will be swamped horribly the closer to Christmas it gets. Monday, December 15, is likely to be the busiest shipping day of the year in the US. Try to ship on or before December 17 if possible. It may seem painfully obvious, but there is no mail delivery on Christmas Day. Receiving the gift post-Christmas takes a lot of the spirit out of the occasion.

>International
If you haven't mailed it out yet, do it NOW. Good luck, buddy.

>For the mailing-savvy
Print your own labels at home and save yourself from standing in the infinite line at the post office, or use your workplace's mailing services if it's offered. The holiday crunch is already on and I've witnessed some lengthy waits at the post office.
>>
Does anybody have a ZP?
>>
>>118034708
I went to the post office in the black neighborhood and only waited about 10 minutes, compared to the 25+ minute wait in my neighborhood.

Don't know if it's a freak occurrence, but it might work for some other people.
>>
YS of Canada
ZW of TX
J of VT
DM of New Zealand

Your cards were sent today
>>
Going to send out my card tomorrow. Hopefully he likes it.
>>
I'm done with all the artwork on my cards, but I have no idea what to write in them. What do people usually write?
>>
MAGP from Chile, I sent your gift last week
>>
>>118036999
You have shit taste, Merry Christmas.
>>
>>118036999
I just wrote merry christmas /a/non. I was so done with those cards after 2 hours of cutting, colouring and pasting. I'm not an artsy type so this wasn't really my idea of fun
>>
>>118037219

If you're not really an artsy type then why did you bother to spend that much time on card making? Just to make an anon happy?
>>
>>118037302
Yes...
>>
File: 46803371_p0_master1200.jpg (178 KB, 595x842) Image search: [Google]
46803371_p0_master1200.jpg
178 KB, 595x842
EF of MN After some trouble with payment and shipping, your gifts are being shipped currently to me for wrapping, you may or may not get them by Christmas. Hope for a Christmas Miracle

MB of MA
AR of AZ
PS of MI
Your cards are being sent on Wednesday, Please look forward to it.
>>
I picked up wood/fossilized ivory carving for next year's thing. I actually had an unopened figma that I forgot about that I could've sent for this year, but oh well. I wonder how long a carving takes. Perhaps I should pick some of my favorite franchises and hope someone else shares them.
>>
>>118037334
way to fuck up
>>
>still no mention of initials
>>
Sent the gift the day I got the assignment, still haven't started my card.
>>
>>118037146
>>118037219
Simple sounds good. I just estimated the total time spent on the 3 cards and it was easily over 35 hours total(7 pieces of papercut art takes a long fucking time) and I'm just too spent to worry too much about what to write. Another question though, do most people use /a/non or the persons name to personalize it more?
>>
Gift sent
Cards sent
And already got my gift from my /ss/ sitting under my tree.
>>
File: 1356904911529.jpg (65 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
1356904911529.jpg
65 KB, 1024x576
>>118037525
Please do not bully. I've been lurking for 4 years and hardly post
>>
File: 1416189155813.png (168 KB, 283x493) Image search: [Google]
1416189155813.png
168 KB, 283x493
>>118037761
more like you're new or you're from another board and don't know how to spoiler
>>
BT from BC, I'll be sending yours out this week, it should arrive in time for Christmas.
>>
>>118037753
when'd you get your gift?
>>
>>118037761
>lurking for 4 years
>doesn't know the command to spoiler
Ok, bud.
>>
How much are we supposed to write on the cards? Is it enough to just be like "merry christmas anon", or am I supposed to write a long essay describing why their taste is shit?
>>
>>118038293

I'd say a combination of both. But really you should write as little or as much in each card as you see fit.
>>
All packed up and ready to be sent tomorrow.

I still gotta work on cards though.
>>
>>118038293
I wrote about a paragraph or less in all my cards. Write about their tastes, about anime you both like, anime you've discovered or watched from your backlog, and anime you'd recommend.

Don't be afraid to talk about other things as well.
>>
Is there a group for it or something? Am I too late?
>>
>>118038701
No you're 10 months early for Reddit secret santa.
>>
>>118038701
Nope, you are 10 months early!
>>
>>118038701
nope, you're a faggot
>>
>>118038701
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qx2GuZMfNp8
>>
>>118038701
Every time.
>>
How upset would you be if an /a/non didn't rub their genitals on the card/
>>
>>118038754
Even my Reddit Secret Santa gift has been shipped and it would appear that my Santa is actually an anime/game fanboy. Yes I joined both because my roommate is a normalfag who forced me to do so
>>
The more I read those threads the more obvious it is that it is flooded with retards, crossboarders and reddit babies. Too bad, it started out as a fun idea, but not gonna bother next year.
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.