[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What would a Metroid anime be like, /a/? Has anyone read the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 87
File: 9255l.jpg (93 KB, 314x450) Image search: [Google]
9255l.jpg
93 KB, 314x450
What would a Metroid anime be like, /a/?

Has anyone read the manga before? Is it any good?
>>
>>117693563
yes, and it is alright. most people don't like it though, mainly because Samus has PTSD in it, which conflicts with the "unemotional/robotic bounty hunter" image that most people have of her. I hear it is canon but I have source for that
>>
>>117693946
meant no source
>>
>>117693946
>Emotionless battle hardened lone wolf warrior whose adopted parents entire race is extinct has PTSD
No shit.
>>
File: gobsprogram.jpg (93 KB, 1020x554) Image search: [Google]
gobsprogram.jpg
93 KB, 1020x554
>>117693563
i wish samus has a penus

trap metroid would be best metroid
>>
>>117693946
PTSD is fine....unless you've already killed the source of your PTSD TWO TIMES ALREADY
>>
>>117694577
No, she must be a strong female character and thus have no emotions or humanity.
>>
>>117694755
It's unironic that to be a strong female character you have to be the exact thing women think men are.
>>
>>117693563
Manga is Other M-lite but surprisingly not all bad despite that.

Metroid could work as a animated movie, but a entire show with only Samus and a dozen of background characters would get stale fast, I would rather have her as the head of some special division, think of it as SAC on space
>>
>>117695332
Metroid's universe is luckily severely underpopulated, so it's easy to make new characters.
Just have the GFed get a task force of specially sanctioned Bounty Hunters or whatever, put her in a co-leader position and go on her way.
Have them fight pirates and monsters and whatever baddies they need to.
>>
File: HngIVZc.png (499 KB, 684x680) Image search: [Google]
HngIVZc.png
499 KB, 684x680
>>117693563
Has anyone read the Metroid Prime 2 Manga?
>>
>>117695482
Just combine it with F-Zero's universe, there'd be no problems and the lore deepens even more.
>>
>>117695611
I only want this for the sole reason of Captain Falcon to never realize that The Hunter is a girl, and the same woman who he occasionally gets drinks with at the bar.
>>
>>117693563
Ya know.
We really know jack fucking shit about Samus as a person.
Why is she a Bounty Hunter
What does she use the money she bounty hunts for besides the necessities?
Why do we almost never get to see her Bounty Hunt?
Does she have a home when not out Bounty Hunting?
Does she just sleep in her ship when not causing a planet or space station to blow up?
Does she have a favorite food
Does she even NEED food?
Does she have something to pass the time besides Bounty Hunting?
I know I'm probably asking a lot especially considering Other M trying to 'expand' on her character but damn she's basically T&A
>>
>>117694734
It's not that simple. All the other times, Ridley survived. Super Metroid was his canon death. All the other times had justification for his survival i.e. rebuilt as Meta Ridley or phazon. Samus was more likely to be caught off guard by his sudden return than any other time. From her perspective, it's a logical impossibility. The planet his corpse was on exploded. She knows how Ridley survived the previous times so she didn't take any chances in Super Metroid. Yet somehow out of nowhere, he's back. Judging by her dialogue in the scene, she's more in denial that he's back than scared of him. Anyone would be shocked and confused by something impossible as what she witnessed.
>>
>>117697010
She's a silent protagonist, a mechanic used to allow the player to more easily project their own thoughts and feelings into the story as the player character. Assigning specific personality traits runs counter-intuitive to that.
>>
>>117697010
Well, Nintendo never really tried to work on her character as a whole, just the bare minimum to make their games interesting.
>>
>>117697180
In other words, a cardboard cut out people stick their face in. By giving no characterization, it enables the audience to project.
>>
>>117697112
Except it was already confirmed the stupid Furby thing was Ridley.
And even if I'm wrong and the fact wasn't made clear Samus shouldn't be that stupid to not put two and two together
AND EVEN IF SHE WAS THAT STUPID, which Other M was want to do, she has beaten him plenty of times before. You shouldn't be scared of someone you have beaten and just beat again, which is easier considering Ridley was Ridley in Other M for a grand total of like 5 hours, meaning he was basically Godzilla Jr to Godzilla at that point.
>>
>>117697243
More like, since what you want is to create a game where you explore a planet and shoot creatures in an enigmatic environment, the best way to do it was to make a silent protagonist and make an excuse to insert her in the game.
>>
>>117697243
Cardboard cutout is usually a derisive term though, which would imply that a silent protagonist is inherently a bad thing.
>>
>>117697194
You know what would make Metroid interesting, actually developing Samus.
Maybe make her realize being a lone wolf isn't all that great.
Maybe give her someone she can talk to, she can trust, and the character isn't token is some way shape or form
>>
>>117697539
Nah, Metroid doesn't really need a plot to work well, while adding the other bounty hunters to fight against would be a cool idea.
Metroid focus is gameplay, not story, just like most of Nintendo games.
>>
>>117697539
Fusion was good, but far too linear, zero is still the best metroid game since super.
>>
>>117697381
It isn't, but it is in Metroid's case because she's behind a mask and can't emote.
Look at DQ8, the MC was silent there but we knew what he WOULD say because of the emotions his face showed.
Hell even Persona 3 and 4 were stupidly bare bones using just exclamation marks, Question marks, and sweat drop but those are still more than what Metroid gave us until Fusion and Other M's melodrama
>>
>>117697356
Did you read my post or even watched past the intro of the game? Not only does Samus not know that little thing was Ridley until after encountering adult Ridley. How does anyone look at that furry ball & see Ridley? She also thought Ridley was dead once and for all. Of all the times she's seen him come back, THIS TIME HE'S DEAD. I say that's pretty major & justifiable. The Space Pirates? Gone with Zebes. Phazon? Destroyed at the end of Prime 3. How could Ridley be back? Not only that but without a scratch on him. Every other time he needed time to heal or recover. Here he's back in no time.
>>
Ya know.
We really know jack fucking shit about Mario as a person.
Why is he a Plumber
What does he use the money she plumbs for besides the necessities?
Why do we almost never get to see him Plumb?
Does he have a home when not out Plumbing?
Does he just sleep in her drains when not causing a kingdom or flying boat to blow up?
Does he have a favorite food
Does he even NEED food?
Does he have something to pass the time besides Plumbing?
I know I'm probably asking a lot especially considering Thousand Year Door trying to 'expand' on her character but damn he's basically T&A
The last part doesn't work, obviously, but still. Nintendo doesn't really fill in the major points of characters in their games.
>>
>>117697764
>It isn't, but it is in Metroid's case because she's behind a mask and can't emote.
That's the point - your emotions are the character's. Do you object to Gordon Freeman's lack of dialogue?

>Hell even Persona 3 and 4 were stupidly bare bones using just exclamation marks, Question marks, and sweat drop but those are still more than what Metroid gave us
Those were pretty shitty as silent protags, in my opinion. I'm getting the feeling that you don't understand the point of this mechanic.
>>
>>117697112
>Samus was more likely to be caught off guard
Samus should never be caught off guard.
And knowing even the tiniest bit about the Space Pirates, Ridley showing up again should not even surprise her at all.
>>
>>117697947
The real question about Mario is how can he actually be italian if the marioverse clearly isn't set in the real world.
>>
>>117698007
>Persona MCs were Shitty
Ah Hipster I see.
Must be jealous of the Brotag swag
>>
>>117698155
You didn't read that closely enough.
>>
>>117698127
That's another thing, does Earth exist in Metroidverse?
Also why was the GF show as only Earthling races?
>>
File: 1375927196755.gif (3 MB, 397x223) Image search: [Google]
1375927196755.gif
3 MB, 397x223
>>117697243
>By giving no characterization
Just because she doesn't have dialogue doesn't mean she doesn't have characterization.
Look at her in the Prime games. She walks with this confident gate, her eyes are always really sharp and focused, her gun is almost always raised and she's in a prone position ready to fight.
Hell, in 2 she shuts that Trooper's eye after she finds him. There's a level of compassion and humanity in her that we really haven't seen before.
And of course her little wave at the end of Prime 2, too. Again with the confidence. It's like it's just another day on the job for her.
>>
File: Samus_fusion_suit.png (95 KB, 240x416) Image search: [Google]
Samus_fusion_suit.png
95 KB, 240x416
>>117697743
>Zero Mission
>best metroid
Sure, the game was pretty good aside from falling back on Fusion's checkpoint system.
On the other hand it was also the first game to introduce the Zero Suit and the concept of the Power Suit as a "mental projection" - the first clear signs of Sakamoto's grand vision of THE REAL SAMUS.

How the fuck do you perform invasive mech-surgery on something "fueled by willpower", much less store the removed components afterward?
>>
>>117698024
Knowing about the space pirates? They're gone aren't they? Atleast from her perspective they are. Her opening narration made that clear. She thinks they're gone and with good reason. Zebus was their last stand. All their big leaders are dead. No way to rebuild what blew up with Zebes.
>>
>>117698242
>How the fuck do you perform invasive mech-surgery on something "fueled by willpower", much less store the removed components afterward?
Bird magic, ain't gonna explain shit.
>>
>>117698242
How does Samus lose all her power ups at the start of each game? Even the games that have her lose power ups at the start game still don't start her off with most of her stuff.
>>
>>117698291
>They're gone aren't they?
I mean, I never assumed they would ever really go away. They're like a virus. There's just too many of them. Even if their home base was blown up, there would be tons of remnants just floating out on the fringes.
>>
>>117698375
Maybe she has to pay in money for the planetary damages that she causes so often by selling her power-ups.
>>
>>117698375
Because it would be too awesome to just upgrade more and more
By the time Prime 3 Happens Samus would basically be a mini Mech or a Final Form Kamen Rider.
>>
>>117698375
She doesn't actually gain anything, just becomes more confident as the game progresses. She starts every game nervous and uneasy, unable to use the suit's full potential. As she continues she grows in confidence thus unlocking her suit's power.
>>
>>117698242
>Sure, the game was pretty good aside from falling back on Fusion's checkpoint system.
The point is that in Fusion you had to go do the missions and everything in that order, in Zero it was more of a suggestion, you could always just bomb jump up and get the baria suit or get to Ridly with two missles, grip, and the short beam.

The story really didn't start until the GBA games anyway, Metroid's story was a NES story, you saved the world something something galactic federation. Super Metroid had a story but it was basically the same, and Metroid II had a baby metroid save your life. They really only got a story retrospectively when Fusion rewrote them, and a lot of Fusion was using the trick of eluding to something pretending that everyone had the knowledge to deal with it.
>>
File: a new mission 2.jpg (826 KB, 599x5000) Image search: [Google]
a new mission 2.jpg
826 KB, 599x5000
>>117698375
I always assumed she kept her more powerful items in a vault somewhere. Or gave them to the GFed for study.
In her day to day bounty hunting, she probably only needs the basics anyways.
>>
>>117698532
That makes no sense for any game other than Zero Mission.
>>
>>117698462
An animal without a head. At most those remnants might become a fraction of their former glory. Their biggest leaders are deader than dead. Even if they recover, how could they recover so fast that their big leaders are back to life within days of Super Metroid? How do their big bosses come back at all after Zebus blew up?
>>
File: fO8rqfA.jpg (1 MB, 2600x2000) Image search: [Google]
fO8rqfA.jpg
1 MB, 2600x2000
>>117698530
This is every power up Samus has collected for her suit throughout the series.
>>
>>117698375
Surgically removed in Fusion, raped by ridley in Super Metroid, who cares about Metroid II?
>>
>>117698693
>Raped by Ridley in Super Metroid
If that actually happened, it'd justify that Other M PTSD scene even more.
>>
>>117698687
Look at all this shit.
She could easily get a Fourze Cosmic States outta this shit.
>>
>>117698743
In the intro you go in with missles and power armor and fight an invincible ridley who steals the metroid.
>>
File: 2014-03-14.jpg (138 KB, 900x386) Image search: [Google]
2014-03-14.jpg
138 KB, 900x386
>>117698655
I always assumed that the Space Pirates kept a closet full of completely grown Ridley clones that they keep just in case they need a new leader.
I'm not a fan of Sakamoto's interpretation of Pirates becoming vegetables or whatever when they don't have a big leader to boss them around.
>>
>>117697539
The Prime 2 manga kind of shows Samus with what you're asking for with her working with GF troopers.
>>
>>117693563

Anime should focus on a Galactic Federation marine squad.
>>
>>117698554
>>117698375
Nah, she just hit her head during her bird training
>>
>>117698784
& no clue on where all the crap she acquired in Metroid II went
>>117698831
Even assuming that, how would Ridley find the Bottle ship? With practically their last stand on Zebes a bust, how would they have any chance of finding Samus? It's quite a stretch if that was the possibility. Also wouldn't they've deployed multiple Ridley clones against Samus had that happened?
>>
>>117698904
Yeah cause we wanna see the amazing Galatic Feds after their bang up job on The BOTTLESHIP.
>>
File: BFL.png (844 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
BFL.png
844 KB, 1366x768
>>117698687
And if you add the Zero Laser from Smash Bros.
>>
File: 1384401272869.png (477 KB, 500x423) Image search: [Google]
1384401272869.png
477 KB, 500x423
>>117698906
I think it might've been the food.
>>
>>117698993

It'll be more exciting than watching Samus single-handedly murder the fuck out of an entire planet with zero dialogue.
>>
>>117698993
>Send a team of 6-7
>Only 1 comes back, and even he admits he was fucking lucky
Truly Adam was the greatest military mind the Federation had
>>
File: 1348085590143.png (29 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1348085590143.png
29 KB, 800x600
>>117698970
>how would Ridley find the Bottle ship?
Eh? GFeds were fucking around with cloning this time around. With as much DNA as he leaves around, it shouldn't be surprising that they found some.
>wouldn't they've deployed multiple Ridley clones against Samus had that happened?
That is working under the assumption that Space Pirates are logical creatures.
>>
File: th_G2ME01_f5032096_14.jpg (695 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
th_G2ME01_f5032096_14.jpg
695 KB, 1024x1024
>>117698993
Prime Galactic Federation, not Other M Federation.
>>
>>117699162
Judging by how their scientists decided to clone whatever scraps of DNA they found on Samus' armor/armour without regard for whatever hellspawn it might be, I say there's worse.
>>117699196
>GFeds cloning
Samus didn't know that at that point. One issue with many anti-Other M fans is that they can't see what Samus does. That & them being incapable of watching the opening scene of the game.
>Space Pirates being rational
Truly their science team has vapor/vapour for brains.
>>
>>117699294
At the end of the day they're both useless without Samus, so what's the point?
>>
>>117698970
Maybe whatever Ridley is has an unbearable hatred for others of the same species and up trying to kill each other whenever they know of each other.
>>
>>117699374
>useless
The problem is that every time we see them, they're right next to Samus who is a freak of nature who can do everything sans crawling. I assume they're able to hold their own against comparable threats that aren't extra dimensional hellspawn or what have you.
>>
>>117699364
Still, I'm pretty sure somewhere it is said that Adam was the 'Greatest Military mind'
When you're so ignorant about logic that you can't process 'Maybe Samus would be upset if I act like a cold heartless monster that my brother is about to die.' You're already proving you can't even control your solider properly, the most basic of high ranking military.
>>
File: kbrpfa.jpg (118 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
kbrpfa.jpg
118 KB, 800x450
>>117699498
>sans crawling
It's just the suit. Hard to do with one hand, tremendous pauldrons, and inflexible knees.
>>
>>117699498
Look if Kamen Rider Agito can make it that a Human with a Human made suit can kill an Apostle of GOD I think future science can do something.
>>
>>117694685
>i wish samus has a penus
Butcha-U kinda has you covered
>>
>>117699567
The problem is that Sakamoto wrote a shitty story built around poor logic.
When you're trying to showcase a military mastermind, you can't have shitty logic like that.
Characters can only be as smart as the person writing them.
>>
>>117699294
As soon as they introduced them they became fucking worthless. The best implementation of the federation was in Fusion, where they were shown as scheming and an agent of chaos where they deny you weapons and you're actually scared that they'll get the SAX in the end.
In general Fusion was one of the best games thematically, because it was Alien. The federation was the corporation from Alien and the SAX was the Alien, far more powerful than you and hunting you around the ship so that if you messed up it would destroy you.
>>
>>117699567
Most likely Samus, from her perspective he is. Also if Adam didn't sacrifice his brother, they'd all be dead including his bro. I think the decision made sense.
>>
>>117695560
Isn't that the one where she grabs a gatling gun and goes akimbo with it and her arm cannon?
>>
>>117699767
That SA-X was like the Terminator. You truly felt like you were hunted.
>>
>>117699771
Yes the decision made sense.
To not up and Say 'Samus There is actually No way you can make it. I wish there was, but there isn't.' doesn't.
He makes himself come off as fucking emotionless monster instead of even trying to justify his orders which is retarded. There's suppressing your emotions, and being retarded. Adam reached Green Lantern Guardians level retarded.
>>
A direct sequel to Fusion could be OK. I wouldn't have too much hope considering the history of game-anime.
>>
>>117699920
What if he let Samus go? She may have died.
>>
File: sc_1.17-18.jpg (358 KB, 840x568) Image search: [Google]
sc_1.17-18.jpg
358 KB, 840x568
Goddamn gurl, calm down
>>
>>117699959
It would probably be the best in the timeline to focus on.
Samus' image of/to the Federation is at an all time low. She knows they're in deep shit, and it's probably only a matter of time before they deem her to be an enemy.
That could be some good outlaw shit right there, especially since they already tried to kill her in Other M.
>>
>>117699987
I'm not saying he should have let her go.
I'm saying he's retarded for not giving Samus why she shouldn't.
He just stood there, didn't say anything.
Then I guess he was shocked when she left? Also he shot Samus to stop her from stopping the new Metroids instead of just, I dunno, talking to her?
>>
File: 1403732687638.png (2 MB, 1814x1516) Image search: [Google]
1403732687638.png
2 MB, 1814x1516
>>117693563
I remember in one of those "the last video game you played is now an anime" or whatever threads, somebody brought up Mario & Luigi, and how it'd be just wacky slapstick with little verbal comedy since the Mario Brothers don't talk in an intelligible way, it's their names and Italian-sounding gibberish.

So it'd be kind of like that, but instead of Looney Tunes, it's action sci-fi. Maybe an ancient alien or Samus herself narrates descriptions about the world and the job while Samus guns her way and explores various alien institutions.

Of course, some dialogue'll crop up, maybe in the form of a Chozo or other "precursor alien race" statue with a recorded message, or a survivor from a mission gone wrong or the last living remnant of a sapient race native to the planet Samus is exploring.

Sometimes Samus won't even be the focus of the episode. Maybe an episode about Federation troopers, like there was that one Samus fangirl in the Metroid Primes, doing cleanup after her exploits.

I'm imagining an episodic kind of series, like Golgo 13, but in space.
>>
>>117700075
What reason would she have accepted at that time? Even a good one might not have worked.

From his perspective he just sacrificed his own brother to save her & she's leaving.
>>
>>117700232
Even a bad reason would be better than none.
Hell I think Samus even asked for a reason why.
>>
>>117698687
Das it mane.
>>
>>117699989
Geez, Samus. How come your mother let you have two weapons?

No parents.
>>
File: 1384407950207.jpg (123 KB, 600x713) Image search: [Google]
1384407950207.jpg
123 KB, 600x713
>>117697010
Apparently, she isn't an actual bounty hunter, just some roaming do-gooder who does it for free. Or something.
>>
File: comic372.png (469 KB, 650x1809) Image search: [Google]
comic372.png
469 KB, 650x1809
>>117701447
>No parents.
Never gonna let it go.
>>
>>117693563
What studio would even do the series justice?
>>
>>117702524
Someone who could do monsters and creatures ugly and terrifying.
That's what I always took away from the Metroid Universe. It isn't a big deal to Samus, but just imaging how awful the things she fights would seem to any sort of civilian.
>>
>>117702150
The 'bounty hunter' thing came from the nippon dev team being unable to into engrish, she's meant to be a mercenary. It was never changed because mercenary comes with connotations they'd rather not attach to Samus.
>>
File: Enel.full.936933.jpg (128 KB, 680x994) Image search: [Google]
Enel.full.936933.jpg
128 KB, 680x994
>>117704602
>Samus is a merc
>Space Pirate unload space dosh to hire her
>Galactic Federation's fw
As an aside, I thought it was closer to like a Knight or something? Not so much a merc or a bounty hunter.
>>
>>117704740
She essentially ends up being a knight, but technically her job was meant to me mercenary. And she only ever takes galfed contracts, on account of only really leaving them because she gets more done on her own.
>>
File: 1388456109838.png (1 MB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
1388456109838.png
1 MB, 1600x900
>>117704740
Pretty sure she's chaotic good and therefore would never take pirate money. Also I don't think they'd want to hire her since she's blown up 2 of their planets, murdered thousands of them, killed their boss like 8 times, stole their technology, and fucked up their homeworld.
>>
>>117705153
Hence the difference between Samus the Mercenary and Samus the Bounty Hunter.
>>
File: 1353278296611.jpg (202 KB, 620x877) Image search: [Google]
1353278296611.jpg
202 KB, 620x877
A Metroid anime would probably only be a few episodes, more like 4 or 5 OAVs instead of a series.
>>
File: img000001[1].png (282 KB, 1045x1621) Image search: [Google]
img000001[1].png
282 KB, 1045x1621
4koma? 4koma.

http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/metroid-shounen-ou-shorts-r11148
>>
File: Strike a pose.jpg (198 KB, 900x1748) Image search: [Google]
Strike a pose.jpg
198 KB, 900x1748
>>117705968
I'd be okay with that.
But yeah, her whole schtick would probably run thin without a big plot, and I don't know if it would fit with the style of Metroid very well to have a big plot.
>>
File: 1409978042025.png (358 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1409978042025.png
358 KB, 600x600
>>117706160
Few episode with a higher budget works fine.
>>
>>117693563
I was hoping they spent more time on her childhood/growing up/adjusting to Chozo DNA and the planet a bit more.

It was like 2 pages between her being brought to the planet, getting infused by Chozo DNA, then Training WITH the suit as a teen.
>>
>>117693563
>What would a Metroid anime be like, /a/?

If the Pikmin ones are any indication, then shit.
>>
File: 1384401326462.jpg (159 KB, 1000x690) Image search: [Google]
1384401326462.jpg
159 KB, 1000x690
>>117706273
I kind of like it.
Leaving things ambiguous isn't always a bad thing.
>>
File: 1415340712675.jpg (7 KB, 240x159) Image search: [Google]
1415340712675.jpg
7 KB, 240x159
>>117706303
>not liking the Pikmin shorts
>>
>>117698998
Is this some sort of abstract painting or something?
>>
To be honest, I'm more interested in her story when she was still being raised by the Chozo.
>>
File: 1386531386453.jpg (26 KB, 360x480) Image search: [Google]
1386531386453.jpg
26 KB, 360x480
>>117706437
Chozo were always one of the most interesting things about her life.
Probably because we know so little about them despite them being so important and impactful.
>>
File: 1384401024681.png (58 KB, 700x1200) Image search: [Google]
1384401024681.png
58 KB, 700x1200
>>117706437
>>117706464
>>
File: 1348082694134.jpg (62 KB, 1280x854) Image search: [Google]
1348082694134.jpg
62 KB, 1280x854
>>117705968
>one episode devoted solely to Science Team
>>
File: 1416957927417.jpg (251 KB, 850x1208) Image search: [Google]
1416957927417.jpg
251 KB, 850x1208
>>117705051
>>117704740
So, if she's basically a knight, does that mean she has more in common with Saber?
>>
>>117706437
I'd be down for loli Samus.

>>117706464
It's one of those weird things where things get real fuzzy and you can clearly see the lack of overarching writing.

Someone, presumably the person who wrote the manual back in the day, decided that Samus would be oprhaned by the Space Pirates and reared by the Chozo. Then someone wrote that the peace-loving nomads who had relinquished their seat in galactic affairs due to war fatigue, decided to train the little girl to be a warrior. For reasons. Then akjsldhuzlkas and the Chozo and Samus parted ways and Samus dsaijlkadslkjxch as an enlisted woman in the Galactic Federation forces. Although for some reason she kept her super special gear and her own spaceship, no idea why.
>>
>>117706055
Why dont these get more love? These are the best comics about Samus.
>>
>>117706864
I think they trained her because they saw glimpses into the future that she'd be their legacy warrior woman after they all died. It's a bit of that paradox thing from OoT with the Song of Storms, but there you go.
Once her training with them was complete, she left to help the masses in the name of the Chozo. She thought the best way to do this was to join up with the Galactic Federation forces instead of going solo. She obviously changes her mind later.
>>
>>117706896

Obscure as hell. They were previously only on Metroid Database. I don't even remember how I found them, but I disregarded their stupid "please don't rehost" policy because otherwise people would never read it. I can't find any information on the artists, either, so everything about it is obscure except maybe the magazine.
>>
>>117706864
They raised her to be a warrior because she's supposed to uphold peace in the Galaxy.

Metroid also means Strongest Warrior in the Chozo Language, so Samus is a Metroid.

Until she races against Captain Falcon
>>
>>117706864
That's what I don't get, when did she serve with the GFed? She gets trained by the Chozo and gets her bird DNA and the Power Suit, and then what? Serves the GFed? That seems pretty silly since they wouldn't let someone use unsanctioned Chozo equipment, they'd probably just confiscate it for study.
>>
>>117706864
>Although for some reason she kept her super special gear and her own spaceship, no idea why.
Because it was better, and she probably had Chozo backing.
>>
>>117706970
Honestly, before reading the Zero Mission manga or playing Other M, I never thought Samus for the type to join the GF because it'd be limiting and being a bounty hunter lets her do whatever she wants.
>>
>>117706996
It's honestly what I hate most about her backstory. I think everything about that idea is completely retarded, and I think someone at Nintendo knew that because in Fusion the issue is skirted. Then when Sakamoto got full control, that's when it took center stage. Everything about the GF troopers in Sakamoto's version, about Adam in both his role and the actual character, and the function of the GF itself is so incredibly stupid that I wish it could all just be ignored forever.

It just makes no fucking sense.
>>
>>117707069
There's a reason why Sakamoto was so butthurt at Prime handling shit better than him that he retconned it in Other M.
>>
>>117706996
They can't confiscate it, it's part of her, and they don't know how to remove it. Not that the GFed makes much sense anyway, they are often even worse than the space pirates.
>>
File: 1410105614904.webm (3 MB, 848x480) Image search: [Google]
1410105614904.webm
3 MB, 848x480
>>117707069
Only good GFed is Prime 3. Admiral Dane was cool, and all the troopers on the ship were like "holy shit it's Samus".
>>
>>117706996
When she was young and idealistic she was with the GFed. But once she realized that she could get more stuff done on her own without all the bureaucracy and red tape (as well as possibly endangering others lives) she starts working alone.
>since they wouldn't let someone use unsanctioned Chozo equipment
The Chozo still had some clout with the Federation at that point. Strings could have very easily been pulled. Not to mention how valuable of an asset she and the suit would have been. And there's no way of confiscating it, right? It's a part of her and all that jazz.
>>
>>117707122
Sakamoto's insanely retarded, though. It doesn't just retcon all of the Prime games, it retcons everything. There isn't a single game that Other M doesn't contradict in some way.

>>117707147
That's what I mean by Sakamoto's version. In Prime, the Galactic Federation make sense for what they're supposed to be. All of the reverence towards Samus as the Hunter Clad in Metal is something that Retro came up with that isn't in Sakamoto's version. Which is why it's way cooler and morememorable.
>>
>>117707163
>It's a part of her and all that jazz.

Man I wholly reject that absurd shit. It's so fucking retarded. I can deal with her putting on the suit and it integrating with her biology but it actually being part of her is retarded.
>>
>>117707199
Mental Projection or just it being a part of her metaphorically.
>>
>>117707199
well in other M, the suit just manifests itself.

In other games, she is already in the suit and it was just all gameplay, very little story.

This is why I like Super Metroid and Prime 1 and 2. Gameplay, very little story line.
>>
>>117707199
I prefer to think that Samus can be removed from the suit, but to remove the suit from Samus makes it useless. Considering the Chozo use magitech rather than regular tech it makes more sense that the suit is dependent upon her.
>>
>>117707192
For that matter, it makes sense that the GFed troopers are in awe of Samus. She'd be borderline mythical to an average grunt, rather than somebody to be treated as an equal or even with contempt like in Other M.
>>
>>117707140
Well now you're getting into the bowels of how stupid Sakamoto is, because they do remove it partially in Fusion.

>>117707163
Saying the Chozo has clout with the Federation also doesn't seem right because the Chozo would've abandoned meddling in galactic affairs before that or else they all fucked off and went full tribal a very short time after Samus joined up with the GF.

The point isn't about how the GF would remove it, it's how ridiculous the idea of someone bringing their own guns and ship to a uniformed professional army. Like, how does the super special snowflake Samus with her Chozo equipment fit into the hierarchy of command for the GF troopers? How does she get attached to a unit when she's got completely different training and equipment?

This is why the bounty hunter premise was established in the first place, because it allows for unique special snowflakes like that. Having her enlist is just bizarre. About as bizarre as having a henshin mahou shoujo power armor thing.
>>
>>117693563
>Zero suit samus looks slim and traditionally beautiful

Am I the only one who dislikes this, both in anime/fanart and the original material? Am I the only one who prefers the more toned Super Metroid Samus?

I guess so, since they slimmed her down. They also made her shorter (from over 1.90m to about 1.60m).
>>
>>117707384
gotta make extra sales man
>>
File: Samus_bar.gif (39 KB, 240x414) Image search: [Google]
Samus_bar.gif
39 KB, 240x414
>>117707384
She was looking pretty good in Zero Mission.
>>
>>117707439
I can accept any Samus without that fucking mole.
>>
>>117707384
I prefer Samus toned too.

If anything, they should try and mix both versions together.
>>
File: 1376334025884.png (470 KB, 800x1500) Image search: [Google]
1376334025884.png
470 KB, 800x1500
>>117707461
What about this one?
>>
>>117707384
No you aren't though that picture though is kind of ridiculous, her legs should not be thicker than her waist, I don't care how often legs day comes.
>>
>>117707493
She looks like she is going to rape me
>>
>>117707493
She's meant to be athletic as fuck, that build is wrong.
>>
>>117707513
Does this frighten or arouse you?
>>
Not to derive from the current discussion, but getting back to OP's question, how do they handle Samus having a voice in an anime, both in Japan and in English?
>>
>>117707493
I could deal.

>>117707310
Retro did a great job "flavoring" the universe. All of the interesting parts of the GF and the Space Pirates came from Retro.

Sakamoto's obsessed with making the Galactic Federation, a governing body for the whole galaxy spanning thousands of civilizations, evil because Metroid experiments or something.
>>
File: 1372048953610.jpg (55 KB, 211x251) Image search: [Google]
1372048953610.jpg
55 KB, 211x251
>>117707536
Metroid Prime was originally going to have a small voiced intro section. The voicework was done by Jennifer Hale. It's not bad, but I feel it's still too bland.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xG4ei3it8B0
>>
>>117707609
What Retro did was flesh out the Metroid universe into a full setting, previously it was something that we were told was there but never got to see. Then Sakamoto showed us his version and it was awful.
>>
>>117707645

Can you imagine if she was fully voiced by Hale?

But then again, all I really care about is gameplay
>>
>>117707536
Yuu Kobayashi.
Jennifer Hale.

She doesn't have to be a silent protagonist or anything. So long as they don't have the terrible Other M voice direction.
>>
>>117707645
She's actually credited as the voice for Samus throughout the Prime trilogy, even though she did grunts and that game over screen.

I don't know if she'd do any anime voice work these days, the last and probably only time she did was in the Cowboy Bebop movie.
>>
>>117707717
If it has pay attached to it I don't think she'd really object, games aren't exactly high art at this point.
>>
>>117707645
I assume that was a beta recording or something. But Hale did all the grunts for Samus in those games, so I'd be down for her.
Ideally minimalistic dialogue whenever possible, emotion is fine for Samus, I'm tired of the mute/robot.
>>
File: 1395214681283.jpg (267 KB, 1132x1600) Image search: [Google]
1395214681283.jpg
267 KB, 1132x1600
>>117707384
I don't mind a little bit of definition but not that much.

I do how ever like tall Samus.
>>
>>117707697
All I'm picturing is a less emotional Fem Shepard.
>>
>>117707530
Needless to say, both.
>>
>>117707772
shit taste

toned as fuck is best
>>
>>117707708
Why Yuu Kobayashi and not Kana Hanazawa?

Ayako Kawasumi wouldn't be a bad choice either considering she voices another blonde wearing a suit of armor.
>>
>>117707824
How about just FemShep?

Maybe not with the random bouts of Bioware-induced sluttiness, but a cool, confident person with some authority who can still crack a joke every now and again.

Instead of the cliche emotionally withdrawn monotone stoic, I'd like her as someone who is guarded but still well-adjusted. Like the kind of attitude you get from this picture: >>117707439
>>
>>117707938
I'm not attracted to men, I am attracted to tall blondes.
>>
>>117707956
yeah because only men have muscles

that makes sense
>>
>>117707946
Because I really like Yuu Kobayashi. I'd imagine her with a lewd husky voice, and Rio from SnW comes to mind first.

Would have also accepted Miyuki Sawashiro.
>>
>>117708000
Muscles don't turn me on, if they're too obvious they turn me off because they look too masculine for my liking. Why is that so bloody hard to understand?
>>
>read the manga
>think its shit
>Other M comes out
>heavily inspired by the manga
>it's somehow even worse

THE BABY

In all seriousness though the obligatory infantile handling of ptsd in the manga is pretty fucking awful.
>>
File: 1345763695193.jpg (62 KB, 334x248) Image search: [Google]
1345763695193.jpg
62 KB, 334x248
>>117707645
I'd rather have Mary Elizabeth McGlynn. Samus seems like she'd be a lot like the Major.
>>
>>117708015
> Miyuki Sawashiro

My dick wants this after hearing her as Jolyne Kujo in JoJo AND.
>>
>>117708072
Yup. It's shit. Sakamoto should never have any kind of input on the story.
>>
>>117708111
*ASB/All Star Battle

Would SHAFT be the best choice for a Metroid anime considering Nintendo liked them the most out of the KIU shorts to use them again for Smash 4?
>>
>>117708073
Obligatory
>GITS
>dubbed

But yeah, she'd be fine. Jennifer Hale fills the same kinds of roles, though. That Metroid Prime opening isn't the best, but she's usually really fucking good.
>>
>>117707384
she should look defined but not bulky.

Like a female athlete but not a female olympic weightlifter
>>
>>117708162
>SHAFT

Ehhhh, I have doubts whether I'd want a series like Metroid animated by them.
>>
File: 1408579457622.jpg (137 KB, 600x900) Image search: [Google]
1408579457622.jpg
137 KB, 600x900
>>117708221
>>
>>117708268
yep
>>
>>117708162
SHAFT should do a full KIU anime instead.

Samus can't do headtilts in power armor.
>>
>>117708226
>Not wanting Samus to do the head flick
>>
>>117708113
Reinjecting backstory that was already resolved into Other M is what makes it even worse.
In the manga the plot points are all resolved in the end with the exception of very little to do with Zero Missions retcons. They have to be for the manga to jive with 1,2 and Super because Manga Samus as a character doesn't fit with the games.
>>117707384
She should look like a raptor, svelte and toned. Built for speed not brawn.
>>
It's like I'm on /v/
>>
>>117708519
No, this thread is good. It's totally different.
>>
Fucking Sakamoto man.

He probably hated that a foreign (non japanese) studio was beating his games. Decided to "control" Prime 3 a little bit and then later went on to do Other M. Went full dictator on it during production. i.e., it's my way or you will never get a job again in the gaming industry.
>>
>>117709479
Supposedly Team Ninja actually curbed some of Sakamoto's intent there and hated working with the guy.
>>
>>117709620
Maybe he wanted to destroy the thing he created.

Either that or he was so desperate to beat the Prime team.
>>
>>117709620
what's worse is that team ninja gets all the blame for everything that's wrong with Other M
>>
>>117698687
The interesting part:
The MP3 weapons, as well as the missiles, create definite limits to her suit's power output.
She requires external energy to fire dark/light/annihilator beams and the beam combos of these drain her massively, even when fully upgraded.
>>
>>117698242

>first game to introduce the zero suit

are you sure? Wasn't there a metroid game before this which featured an entire segment in which Samus loses her suit and we get a good look at her zero suit ass in all its GBA graphical glory?
>>
>>117707355
>because they do remove it partially in Fusion.
Partially. It's the same thing in prime 3.
They can alter the suit but they cannot remove it.
>>
>>117707522
She looks like she could wrestle a grizzly and win
>>
>>117711540
Honestly, Samus probably could.
>>
>>117693563
You know, I don't think any anime can really capture the sense of isolation and discovery of Metroid, or at least any serialized half-hour show. Definitely a movie or an ova series, but I'm not sure about serial episodes.

I'd actually imagined a miniature web-series or OVA like show, with a similar pacing to Samurai Jack.

-There is very few dialouge, mostly just Samus having some internal musings on her situations, exploring the planet and destroying creatures until she gets to a mid-point (probably a mid-boss or a power-up). Other than that, she rarely talks.

-Flashbacks to her origins, her Chozo training and her time with the GF can fill in the rest of the episodes and that is where most of the cast and dialogue can come in.

-The only time they don't show up is during the boss fights which take an entire episode, with the exception of Ridley who takes up to 3 and it shows how he killed Samus's parents. It shows Samus at her most emotive.

- Ridley would talk...sorta. He can "Talk" telepathically, though whether he has to be intereprited by Samus or he will have voice, I'm still not sure. If he does have a voice, it should be like Violator from the HBO Spawn cartoon.

>>117695482
>Just have the GFed get a task force of specially sanctioned Bounty Hunters or whatever, put her in a co-leader position and go on her way.

Hmm..I would only accept that if those characters where extremely expendable and they get picked off one by one in true Aliens fashion. Hell, why not make one of them the protag and have Samus as more like presence.

And fuck yeah to F-Zero tie-in. Add Star Fox in the mix, and you got the makings of a Nintendo Galaxy.

>>117699959
>>117700031
The whole half metroid thing doesn't make it any better for her either. Fuck, I rather that idea be saved for an actual game but if that's the only way to bring back Fusion....
>>
>>117700220
and fuck, Space Ninja'd from a mile away.

>>117702524
Madhouse or Studio 2C or whoever did Ergo Proxy?
>>
>>117711108

That was Zero Mission, ya dingus.
>>
>>117712857
Oh right.
>>
>>117712362
>If he does have a voice, it should be like Violator from the HBO Spawn cartoon.
I think we all know what kind of voice he should have.
>STILL FALLIN'!
>>
>>117699733
Sequel. Fucking. When? Surely he won't end it like that? Right?
>>
>>117712362
She's not part Metroid. Her genetic code was restored to normal at the end of Fusion after absorbing the SA-X.
>>
File: not this shit again.jpg (64 KB, 604x340) Image search: [Google]
not this shit again.jpg
64 KB, 604x340
>>117694734
>>
I can't believe I'm reading a better Metroid discussion on /a/ than on /v/. It really went to hell.
>>
>>117717534
Pretty much every board has better Metroid discussion than /v/. It isn't surprising, really.
>>
>>117717606
Because of my bad experience with Metroid threads on /v/, I kinda avoided them in general so I didn't know that. I just know that anime based video games and MMO discussion on /a/ are generally better than on /v/, I didn't except the same for Metroid because it feels more like a western style game than Japan.
>>
>>117717673
People who want to shitpost about video games congregate on /v/, not other boards. Same with anime/manga and /a/ - I'm sure you could sneak by the occasional anime/manga discussion on other boards without the flocks of people who come here to exclusively post about "best girls" or how you're favourite anime is shit. This allows the odd discussion to occur with people who are actually interested in the media (not to say you can't get that here or elsewhere with any board-specific topic, of course).

But I digress.
>>
>>117717673
>2015-1 month
>still going to /v/
And it does feel more western. That's part of the reason why it sells like shit in Japan.
>>
>>117705968
I'd be fine with an ova series.
>>
>>117717860
Actually I stopped going a while ago. Even before that I would just visit it once a week to see if some interesting shit is going on.
>>
Know what I want?
I want someone with the biggest fucking balls to go work for Nintendo, and say 'I'm giving Samus a Boyfriend.'
Takes the hugest flak ever, everyone wants his head on a pike and then when the game comes out it's the greatest love story in video game history, the game is the greatest Metroid since Prime, maybe even better.
>>
>>117718036
Why do you want this. What could possibly be gained by doing this. Furthermore, the lifestyle Samus leads is not conducive to relationships.
>>
>>117718036
That's stupid and Other M sort of did that. Which was also stupid.
>>
>>117718127
To piss off the neo feminists who think men are the Devil.
Also so maybe we can have a Symphony of the Night NG+ with character that plays different than the main one. BAM.
>>
>>117718238
That's retarded and your reasons are retarded. If you want NG+ with a different character that's fine, but your way of justifying it is stupid and unnecessary. Playing as Sylux or Rundas would be cool though.
>>
>>117718036
Muh headcanon is that she became the top bitch of the GFed when she enlisted and fucked the brains of anyone in a uniform.
I don't remember how I came up with that conclusion, but there you go.
>>
>>117718036
How the fuck do you handle Samus having a love interest?
>>
>>117718369
You don't. Wow that was easy.
>>
>>117718400
That's why I asked, if Mario and Peach still act Platonic and Link is basically asexual save for Skyward Sword and the like, why would Nintendo give Samus a love interest?
>>
>>117718369
By making him badass so they be badasses together.
The universe is huge as shit, I think the odds of Samus finding a dude whose as badass as her are favorable.
>>
>>117718444
>why would Nintendo give Samus a love interest?
To fit some dude's agenda, apparently.
>>
>>117718444
They wouldn't. Unless its Sakamoto, but he was banished from Metroid and is now stuck with WarioWare until he is quietly killed by the yakuza.
>>
>>117718463
Make him a Chozo, they're pretty badass.
>>
>>117718463
So Captain Falcon then?
>>
>>117718463
>not giving her a cute little nerd bf so she can be the big spoon.
>>
>>117718504
Weren't all of the Chozo incredibly old when they raised Samus? They're basically extinct now, right?
>>
>>117718477
Oh don't feed me that bullshit, you would drink those neo feminist tears just as much as I would.
>>
>>117716150
Are you sure? even then, her suit is fucked.
>>
>>117718504
>>117718532
Chozo are all gone. Having one of them around really fucks with their entire mystique and shouldn't be done.
>>
>>117718504
No, we need at least one token humanoid badass.
At best have it that his race are just physically fitter than Humans
>>117718509
Who?
>>
>>117718532
>basically
They are. She is their final legacy along with the Metroids
>>
>>117718533
It's more nuanced than that. Would I take some enjoyment from such a scenario? Sure. Would it be worth a likely awful Metroid game? I doubt it. Even if I was to drink their tears by the gallon and achieve pure ecstasy, would it still be some dude's agenda? Yes.
>>
>>117718568
Yes, it was confirmed by Sakamoto. Personal feelings about him aside, anything he says is word of god for Fusion. Samus is back to normal but her suit is still fucked. That could be the premise of the next game, getting a new power suit or repairing the old one.
>>
>>117718621
But what if it wasn't shit?
See you're making this assumption that just because a love story is added it instantly makes it shit.
Not ever love story is FF8 or Code Veronica.
>>
File: Falcon.jpg (385 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
Falcon.jpg
385 KB, 800x600
>>117718595
>not playing any F-Zero games
>not knowing about Captain Falcon

Has anyone seen the GP Legend anime actually?
>>
>>117718647
That's never a real issue. She can probably find a new one in an hour snooping around any number of Chozo ruins.
>>
>>117718685
And I'm also assuming feminazis would care in such a way that I would enjoy.

It's still your agenda, dude.
>>
>>117718647
Since Metroid 5 is never going to happen anyway, I think he can just be ignored. According to him, she materializes her suit from bird magic anyway. That part in Zero Mission that everyone with a brain interpreted as getting a new suit was Samus "reganing her concentration" according to Sakamoto.

>>117718463
That'd just diminish their roles.
>>
>>117718647
But that was basically the final third of Zero Mission, does that mean the Chozo have another back-up fully powered up Suit on another planet?
>>
>>117718685
It'll be shit for the same reason Other M was shit. It's completely inconsequential to how the game will play or to the overall theme and atmosphere of the series. Anotherp persons presence will not enhance the game and will likely only detract from the feeling of isolation and exploration that Metroid has always been about. There is no reason for what you're suggesting to exist, it's pointless.
>>
>>117718720
No see that's a constant, like Death and Taxes. Femnazis always overreact to shit, look at all that shit that popped up from the AssCreed Unity reveal. You literally could not look up anything on any site without hearing 'IS UBISOFT SEXIST? ARE GAMES LITERALLY JUST SEXISM INCARNATE!?' Female lead wouldn't have made Unity less shit though
>>117718712
I'm making a joke that there will never be another F-Zero game ever and the DLC track in MK8 is what you're stuck with
>>
>>117718804
You motherfucker ;_;
>>
>>117718739
Well both of the suits she got she obtained on Zebes. Say she goes to another Chozo world (like Tallon IV) and gets one there, but since it's a different enclave of Chozo the suits a little different.
>>
>>117718778
Also if I remember correctly, Other M did give her an implied love interest in the form of Adam's brother, which was another one of those bizarre and retarded choices that made everything more creepy than it needed to be.
>>
>>117718804
Exactly - because it's typical, I can't enjoy just any feminazi insanity. It has to be a special kind of insanity.

And while we're misusing spoilers, it's still your agenda, dude.
>>
>>117718778
>Isolation
fucking stop this shit, that was never a good reason to play Metroid games.
>OH MAN YOU'RE ALL ALONE IN THIS FUCKED UP PLACE, WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO?
Mario 1 did that, Mushroom Kingdom was a fucked up place, and you were all alone there with Flying Turtle, Living Bullets, Going into pipes when you just saw a man eating plant go in.
Legend of Zelda had that too, Giant squids shooting rocks, Giant Spiders, and don't even get me started on the Redeads, literally monster that have terror screams that freeze you place.
Isolation was never a selling point because other games in did that
>>
>>117718926
Mario doesn't play isolation seriously, the atmosphere is way too different to even compare the two.
>>
>>117718926
Ok, I know you're just shitposting now. Thank you, now I can ignore you.
>>
>>117718926
>Zelda
>isolation
Oh lawdy.
>>
>>117718036
>Samus finds a nice guy
>Has a similar backstory to her, parents were killed by Space Pirates as a kid
>They both don't hit it off at first, but soon grow to respect each other
>After helping out each other on missions and tasks, the respect turns into something more
>Samus realizes she's in love, but doesn't know how to express it. First time she's ever felt like this
>He realizes he loves her too, plans to tell her that night
>During the day he has to travel to a foreign planet as part of his work, plans to meet Samus right after work in a few hours
>Hours turn into Days
>Days turn into Weeks
>He never comes back

The planet he was on was raided by the Space Pirates that same day. There were no survivors

Leader of the raid was Ridley
>>
http://youtu.be/YfGsArRQjKE

Severe lack of tunes in this thread.
>>
>>117719235
Fuck off, Sakamoto.
>>
>>117719264
Is there a cute picture of Samus using her cannon as a flashlight in a dark cave?
If not, there needs to be.
>>
File: 1369725827099.jpg (72 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1369725827099.jpg
72 KB, 250x250
>>117719235
>>117719407
That was awful, holy shit.
>>
>>117719064
>Teenager or younger inside horrible places that are either filled with lava or frozen wastelands
>Not isolation.
>>
>>117719235
>>117719407
Stop with your terrible fanfiction.
>>
File: Samus is the hero we deserve.png (61 KB, 579x147) Image search: [Google]
Samus is the hero we deserve.png
61 KB, 579x147
>>117719471
Someone posted those in a Metroid Thread on /v/ a while ago.

This was the only good post to come out of it.
>>
>>117695560
I didn't even know it existed. How is it?
>>
>>117719518
>Several towns where people live that you can interact with
>Fishing with a qt
>Goofy minigames
>Often a partner that never leaves your side

They're totally different you moron.
>>
>>117719518
>You have a companion with you most of the time
>>
>>117719407
I hope you're joking.
>>
>>117719630
Pretty decent, surprised it even got a manga considering the Prime series doesn't do that well in Japan.
>>
>>117719518
>>117719518
>it's dangerous to go alone take this!
There's so many interactions with other characters in those games. Just because you leave those characters to go to spooky dungeons doesn't make it an isolationist game.
>>
>>117718778
>the feeling of isolation and exploration that Metroid has always been about
I don't know how you got this impression. Whenever I play metroid I feel like Samus is a mythical warrior and doom incarnate.
>>
>>117719807
People get that impression because Samus is still completely alone, and you're exploring entire planets that have dead civilizations.
>>
File: 1409704525010.jpg (150 KB, 1212x1148) Image search: [Google]
1409704525010.jpg
150 KB, 1212x1148
Is it a good or bad thing that Samus is a Silent Protagonist?

She's basically a more fleshed out Link, but you're still journeying with her throughout missions, the Prime Trilogy shows this the best.

How do you handle that in a Metroid Anime, did people like the way Samus was handled in Prime 2's manga?
>>
>>117720223
>Is it a good or bad thing that Samus is a Silent Protagonist?
As far as an anime adaptation is concerned? Rather bad.

>How do you handle that in a Metroid Anime
Poorly.
>>
>>117720223
She doesn't need to be a silent protagonist, it's just that in most of the good games she has no one to talk to.

I personally don't care for Fusion, but she talks a lot in that game.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 87

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.