[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are there any anime directors/mangakas that are foreigners? I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2
File: michael_arias.jpg (36 KB, 250x359) Image search: [Google]
michael_arias.jpg
36 KB, 250x359
Are there any anime directors/mangakas that are foreigners? I only know about Michael Arias and his Tekkonkinkreet movie was pretty good.
>>
>>117339876
don't know.
>>
Kamiya Yuu's a BR.
>>
If they let in just one american into the japanese anime/manga industry, loli, japanese occult/horror, and giant robot genre will vanish and replaced with gritty cape comic bullshit. Also no more fan art markets for everyone.
>>
>>117340009
They should let James Cameron in so he can give us $3 billion Alita.
>>
File: Peepo_Choo_cover.jpg (35 KB, 230x325) Image search: [Google]
Peepo_Choo_cover.jpg
35 KB, 230x325
Peepo Choo was made by an American.
>>
Noriyuki Abe is half-flip or something
Eunyong Choi
>>
>>117339876
the dude behind No Game No Life
>>
Yonen Buzz is gaijin scum I think.
>>
Any time a western animation studio outsources to Japan. Korra S2 was animated by studio perroit.
>>
>>117339876
weren't there some confirmed gaijin h-mangakas?
>>
>>117340260
ShindoL

Well he's still japanese but grew up in murrica.
>>
>>117340092
They did a great job with All You Need Is Kill hopefully Alita holds up. The OVA is shit.
>>
>>117340285
yep that's the one I thought of.
aren't there more?
>>
>>117340285
He's also pretty chill and answers emails from foreigners.
>>
>>117340296
>They did a great job with All you need is Kill.

For a loose Adaption sure.
>>
>>117340151
>Noriyuki Abe is half-flip or something

That I did not know
>>
>>117339960
>Kamiya Yuu's a BR.

That explains the crazy color pallet
>>
>>117339876
howaito piggu go home
seriously though, all gaijin are such talentless hacks it's good they did not ruin our chinese cartoons yet with their christian values and other bullshit
>>
>>117340296
>great job
>everything goes great for Tom Cruise all of a sudden at the end because fuckyou he's Tom Cruise
>not the bitter yet hopeful ending of the original novel
It's an alright movie standalone with fun nods to the original novel, but it's not really what I'd call a great job as an adaptation.
>>
>>117339960
>>117340380
http://seventhstyle.com/2014/09/23/no-game-no-life-artist-caught-tracing/
as expected from filthy foreigner who know no shame
>>
>>117340400
gaijins can't into 20h work days
>>
>>117340337
It says so on his English wikipedia page but I can't find any other source for this. He was born in Japan anyway.
>>
>>117340530
>twitter account suspended
>>
>>117340602
on a more serious note, I truly admire how japanese creators in their 20s are able to output such high quality content - be it novels or anything graphics-related.
Nisioisin in his university years wrote shit so deep it's as if he's been living for 80 years accumulating all that life experience. In fact he probably didn't even have a girlfriend by then. Power of imagination?
>>
>>117340668
http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/09/26/swipe-file-kamiya-yuu-of-no-game-no-life/
to be completely fair nips were caught with stuff like this on several occasions as well, and Tony traces gravure photo
>>
>>117340721
>stealing a hand shitagaki from kantoku even though kantoku has detailed drawing instructions in his artbooks
ahaha oh wow
why would anyone try to become an illustrator in japan if they can't actually draw?
>>
>>117340942
You'd be surprised by how often stuff like this happens. The resident evil composer was actually deaf and made his assistants compose all the music while hogging all the glory himself. People in Japan called him the Japanese Beethoven.

Want to know what happened the few times he tried to compose music himself with no help?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kcF7E69C6Q
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.