[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Other than it being shonen. What went wrong with this show?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3
File: kr_reborn___tsuna_by_mahayuu.jpg (450 KB, 800x1162) Image search: [Google]
kr_reborn___tsuna_by_mahayuu.jpg
450 KB, 800x1162
Other than it being shonen. What went wrong with this show?
>>
>>116932712
the author had no idea wtf he was writing about
>>
>>116932763
>he

good shonen, one of my favorites, the rank system (defending the boss, getting allies. etc) was pretty good
>>
He introduced generic powers, the flames, into what used to be a very cool series that wasn't limited by them and then started throwing random shit at the wall. Like the pokemon stuff, and motorcycles.

Basically, the time travel stuff is what went really wrong. I think he also wanted to do a comedy, but ended up going into battle shonen instead. So... poor planning, I guess?
>>
I used to read the manga. I eventually stopped because I had no idea what was going on in the battle scenes anymore.
>>
The future arc, also fujoshi
>>
It was better as a generic gag manga than a generic battle shonen.
>>
>>116932712
ABSOLUTELY
NOTHING
CHANGED
>>
Accidentally wrote one very good arc, and then went full retard with time travel and pokemon.
>>
>>116932712
It was a decent slog when the author was introducing the characters. The transition into a battle shonen was great. But then it defaulted into a shitty battle shonen and took the concept of the entire story into "who's stronger" and "who feels more for thier companions" and that shitty slog that many shonens get into. By the end, the story did enough backflips that it fell on its head without much impact.
>>
>>116935291
I thought I was the only one who thought this
>>
That manga ending was a kick in the teeth.
>>
tunas theme is p. cool
>>
>>116932712
Things got too complicated after the boxes and Patronuses. The new characters got less and less interesting after Varia. The MC whined too much and never picked Haru for his waifu. Also this >>116935291 and this >>116935295.

Mukuro arc was still best arc.
>>
>>116932763
>>116935065
>he

There are people on /a/ who don't remember this was written by Akira Amano who does the character designs for Psycho-Pass. Which is why so many Psycho-Pass characters look like Reborn characters
>>
>>116935342
this. Box weapons were dumb. This manga had a good premise with the whole mafia aspect. Of course it gets fucked up
>>
The Mukuro Arc and the Ring Battle arc were great.

The beginning of the Future Arc was setting up to be interesting too, but then EVERYONE'S past selves got shot into the future, which sorta made the whole setting less interesting. Should have kept Tsuna there alone with all his Ten Years Old friends battling that one faggot.

I heard the ending was complete bullshit that made the series pointless.
>>
get too far off the rail, should have end right after the future arc.
its just like beach. Stretch too far
>>
Dropped this series after the introduction of the future arc and Pokemon familiars, though I really enjoyed the Mukuro and Ring Battle arcs. How did it end?
>>
>>116937981
It ended literally as it began. You missed absolutely nothing. Go back and reread the Ring Battle arc, then jump to the final chapter. You will be astonished. It works perfectly.
>>
>>116937981
There was one more battle arc after the future arc, then at the end, Tsuna still doesn't want to the head of the mafia familyand Reborn is still a baby.

Basically it ended like it started.
>>
>>116935291
when it should have juggled the two, it instead just went FULL BATTLE MANGA and had training arcs into another set of upgrades and became way to formulaic to even bother following after a certain point
>>
>>116935713
Makashima is literally white haired Mukuro

As for Reborn, the best thing it had going for it was the oddball cast and humor. The Mukuro and Varia arcs did a good job of mixing that with some decent action/drama but it went to utter shit at the Future arc and turned into the most fucking generic shit ever. Flames and the weapons were cool at first but then every fight turned into

>SPECIAL MOVE
>SPECIAL MOVE
>SPECIALER MOVE
>(FLASHBACK)
>HNNNNGH RESOLVE
>SPECIALEST MOVE
>I WIN

And don't even get me started on the fucking animals. As far as I remember the Future arc was where they started turning the fujoshi pandering up to 11 too so there's that.

Fuck I loved this so much. I hated seeing it turn out like it did.
>>
>>116932712
Should have ended after the Varia Arc. Everything after that was downhill.
>>
>>116932712
Filler in the anime wasnt needed. Not as bad as Bleach filler but still. Every chapter after the Future arc was shit. One of the worst endings of the last I can remember. I'm still mad.
>>
File: 1415341361092.png (68 KB, 241x234) Image search: [Google]
1415341361092.png
68 KB, 241x234
>>116938796
>yfw in the fillers they went back to the present like twice
>>
>>116932712
The premise was really good but very very poorly handled in my opinion
>>
File: 1406905935293.jpg (35 KB, 300x562) Image search: [Google]
1406905935293.jpg
35 KB, 300x562
>>116938892
This is the only reaction to everything after the Future Arc
>>
>>116932712
>>116938892
the filler arc was more interesting then then the future. We go to learn about the arcobalenos and the vongola I family. Unlike Fillers like Naruto, Reborn had some pretty good ones. All though the over reliance on the x-burner was getting old.
the manga wasn't that great. it was just an average shonen. But I enjoyed it non the less
>>
>>116932712
>the more man jewelry I have on me, the stronger I become!
The Shimon arc was the beginning on when it started to go below average
>>
>>116938067
thats fucking retarded, i thought the whole point of the ring and future arc was to make him resolve to be the boss.
>>
>>116938056
Thanks for the tip anon, dropped this series a while back and I actually decided to read the last chapter. Holy crap I totally dodged a bullet, pun intended, not sticking through this crap. I cannot b believe that end. It was as unfulfilling as Ranma 1/2 except I read all of Ranma like a retard because literally nothing changed either
>>
>>116937981
Nothing changed, no girl was picked, Tsun still didnt want to be a mafia boss even though they went to the future and he was one.
>>
>>116940271
At least the end of the Future arc made it obvious that he'd do it eventually

But fuck, I still wanted to see SOME sign of development in that fucker
>>
>>116932712
way too much shitty arcs and unnecessary 'mechanics'/gimmicks like the ranking thing or da randomness of the battles. TLDR cringeworthy
>>
>>116935291
Not really.

Hitman Reborn was awful even as a stand-alone gag manga. It should have went the Sket Dance/Gintama way where it has "serious" portions and joke portions.

But it really started to fall apart around the future arc and then kept falling apart after that. Should have ended before that.
>>
>>116932712
Very slow start. Future arc took half of the story. Plotholes. Character developnent? Whats that? Last arc is shit
Probably ny favorite shounen
>>
>time travel
>fujobait
From what I remember, the females were useless as well. Thought that's probably because it was fujobait. It's a shame because some of the stuff was really stylin'.
>>
>>116932712
If it stopped after te ring conflict it would be a great anime.
Future arc onwards you could see that the mangaka ran out of ideas and graps at straws to do anything to make it even longer.
For example let's put some motorcycles in it because by god it's not like everyone can fly.

I didn't mind the comdedy parts at the beginning as soon as new characters like Gokudera joined because let's face it Tsua was freakin annyoing. He was like a light version of Shinji but with the exception that we should think he is a good leader
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.