[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you think of experimental anime such as Shoujo Tsubaki
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6
File: midori.jpg (69 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
midori.jpg
69 KB, 640x480
What do you think of experimental anime such as Shoujo Tsubaki and Belladonna?
>>
>>116867385
These two are utterly fantastic.
>>
>>116867385
They aren't very good.
>>
>>116867385
I think they are decent enough but the attention they get in particular bugs me somewhat when there are tons of other equally great experimental and creative independent animators out there that never get mentioned.
>>
>>116867702
Which and why?
>>
>>116867785
Midori and Belladonna.
>>
>>116867385
>Midori
Maruo's manga made a great storyboard by itself, but J.A. Seazer's OST and and some of the directorial tricks are fantastic too.
>Belladonna
Great OST and art direction, but not much else.
Really brave and experimental for a 1973 animated movie, but that's it.
>>
I hate the word "experimental" used in context of music and fiction so fucking much.
>>
>>116867385
Love them
>dat JA Seazar ost
>>
>>116869711
Why? It is a perfectly reasonable term that makes complete sense.
>>
This movie was so great, I wish the short films were subbed
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gw0xpEYWweY
>>
I liked this one, but it was probably just experimenting how mean it could be.
>>
File: good anime chart.jpg (2 MB, 1430x4350) Image search: [Google]
good anime chart.jpg
2 MB, 1430x4350
The thing with experimental films is that most of them are interesting but not actually good.
>>
define experimental
>>
>>116874948
Look it up in a dictionary, boy.
>>
File: brown recluse.jpg (116 KB, 736x468) Image search: [Google]
brown recluse.jpg
116 KB, 736x468
Any animu that does something innovative and unique has my respect. That said, the Buñuel of the anime industry has yet to reveal himself.
>>
>>116874279
The only gripe I have with this list is that Ashita no Joe 2 is there, but not Ashita no Joe. I would have left some out, but it's bretty gud. I never really managed to get my head around Yoji Kuri's stuff though.
>>
>>116874279
I have to rewatch Mind Game before I can make a statement but I remember it being enjoyable watch.
>>
>>116870712
No it doesn't.
>>
>>116876341
Why?
>>
>>116876516
Well what the fuck qualifies something as experimental in the first place? It's not actually supposed to be watched and he was just trying shit to see how it would look?
>>
File: DISPAIR.png (215 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
DISPAIR.png
215 KB, 640x480
The more creep the better.
>>
Anyone have Takun Films 1 and/or 2? Cannot find them, trying to proxy.

Have some other experimental stuff that I don't think is online that I'll upload but need a Blu-Ray reader first to rip some of it.
>>
Midori is not really experimental though

It's just a gore anime adapted from a gore manga, there's not much more to it. If anything you could call the distribution methods 'experimental' but it's kind of a meaningless qualification and doesn't hold anymore now that the film itself is digitally uploaded and available to everyone
>>
>>116876895
>It's just a gore anime adapted from a gore manga
Guro != Gore.
I wouldn't really call it experimental either, but the production and content wise it's definitely very atypical.
Belladonna IS experimental though.
>>
>>116874279
Gonna take a look
>>
>>116876341
Are you a fucking imbecile?

The creator of any medium are testing a concept they envisioned. An empirical project. It's a trial and error process.
>>
>>116875668
That's not a brown recluse you fucking idiot
>>
>>116876341

"No it isn't" would be correct, not "no it doesn't", you illiterate piece of fucking shit. Fucking kill yourself nigger
>>
The best ones to me are those that play on perspective, like spacy and jumping.
>>
>>116867385
Anything unusual and different is interesting but that doesn't mean that it'll be good. Best thing is to just watch what you think you'll like and enjoy. You just have to stay open minded and ignore genres and stuff. Interesting things can be found anywhere. That being said, everyone has their preferences. I try to not touch anything vampire related because I fucking hate vampires.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.