[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why didn't Archer just use nine lives in the fate route
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 74
File: archerconfused.png (208 KB, 640x368) Image search: [Google]
archerconfused.png
208 KB, 640x368
Why didn't Archer just use nine lives in the fate route to beat bahsahkar?
>>
Why didn't Archer and Shirou not gattai?
>>
Because he didn't have Archer's arm.
Next question.
>>
>>116857293
I may be wrong, but don't they explicitly state that Berserker has 3 lives (out of 12) left after Archer is defeated?
>>
>>116857454
How would Archer not have his own arm.
>>
>>116857487
Archer only killed him 5 times.

>>116857494
It would require an Angry Manjew chopping off Shirou's arm and Archer being mortally injured to result in such a situation
>>
Because Berserker has God Hand while Black Berserker does not. The Berserker Shirou kills with 9LBW is a mere shadow of the real deal.
>>
File: archer berserker qq.png (1 MB, 795x1199) Image search: [Google]
archer berserker qq.png
1 MB, 795x1199
>>116857293
Berskerer can still see and it takes too long to set up and leaves him too open for counter attack.

Also, we don't know the magical energy expenditure involved.

>>116857487
Archer killed Berserker six times. Five in the anime, but fuck Deen.
>>
File: twice dead.png (402 KB, 708x367) Image search: [Google]
twice dead.png
402 KB, 708x367
>>116857579
>>
>>116857566
>It would require an Angry Manjew chopping off Shirou's arm and Archer being mortally injured to result in such a situation

I think you're confused.

I'm asking why Archer (EMIYA) didn't use NLBW to defeat berserker in the fate route, when he stays behind to buy rin/shirou/saber time to run away.

obviously his arm has knowledge of that shit in HF, and shirou+arm is like a weaker version of archer, so why wouldn't full power archer be able to kill him
>>
>>116857639
Because he was only asked to buy them time, not to defeat him.
>>
>>116857293
The whole point of the scene is Shirou using something that Archer would never think about even if he got access to it.
>>
>>116857755
How did you reach that conclusion?
>>
>>116857702
That's actualy wrong.
He asks Rin whether he should defeat Berserker
>>
Black berserker is blind and half-dead.

It took Shirou time to ready nlbw

fully functional berserker wouldn't have given him the opening to do so
>>
>>116857293
>>116857772

Archer has years of experience and noble phantasms to draw from so he uses those to fight Berserker. Meanwhile Shirou is desperate and grasping for any little thing he could use to win the fight so he kinda accidentally stumbles upon the idea. It never occurred to Archer that he should try tracing Berserker's weapon, he thought it was just a hunk of rock and he had way too many other options available to him.
>>
>>116857842
Or it's that Black berserker was fucking weak compared to normal Berserker.
Fuck NLBW wouldn't even have worked if he hadn't recognized Ilya
>>
>>116857842
I suppose that's one way of looking at it.
>>
>>116857638
Refers to the times he died against Saber Alter and the shadow, prior to becoming tainted. Black Berserker has zero regenerative capabilities.
>>
>>116857772
>>116857772
I don't know if it was to show Shirou doing something Archer couldn't. But the only reason Shirou came up with the idea was because he could no longer use UBW.
>>
>>116857638

Shirou has no means to count God Hand's revival magic. The phrasing "his life has ended twice over" refers to his self-destruction and his consumption by the shadow, not that he has died twice.
>>
>>116857842
Even if Archer thought of using it, it would've been pointless against the proper Berserker.
>>
>>116857955
>>116858015
Which is two deaths, what are you people confused about?
>>
Shirou w/ arm is stronger then archer

right befor the fight he even says to the wind "no, can you keep up with me?!" and the wind is acrcher.

EMIYa wouldntve been able to prep and use nine lives
>>
I don't why but threads about fate always make me laugh. It's just so many people trying to make fate not look like some horrible fanfic plothole infested garbage.
>>
>>116857639
Because no one knows how many lives left he got excaliblasted earlier he might as well have only 1.
>>
>>116858062

He got blasted by Excalibur. That's far more than one life consumed.
It makes a lot more sense that Black Berserker is running on one life than ten.
>>
>>116858153
Why the literal fuck would he have only one life?
>>
>>116858062
2 deaths prior to becoming tainted and losing god hand. Post-tainting Berserker can't regenerate or nullify shit which is why Shirou could kill him. What are you confused about?
>>
>>116858087
>Shirou w/ arm is stronger then archer
HAHAHAHAHA what the fuck are you smoking I want some.
>>
>>116857293
Because non-tainted Berserker could easily block it.
>>
>>116858209
Why would he lose God Hand? Why would you even think that?
>>
>>116857772
Because the whole scene is Shirou trying to surpass Archer and barely doing something that Archer was not able to do in the first route? Read it again, there is a reason why the whole scene in the wind happens.
>>
>>116858270
Because he didn't regen back up and the attack shouldn't be A ranked.
>>
>>116858192

Because Excalibur is strong enough to consume at least seven lives in one blow and he took it face on.
Why would he have more?
>>
>>116857582
Didn't it only take about ten seconds from the moment Shirou stepped out of the trench to Berserker dying?

And that was with taking off the cloth and shit. The entire encounter was like three seconds or something.
>>
Cause fate route had archer putting up a front. He had been recovering the entire time. While running away didn't Rin think to herself that archer wouldn't win?
>>
>>116858209
>>116858294
That's fanon, the VN never says anything relating to that.

And A rank strength should be able too, and the scene direcly says that Shirou is replicating Berserker's strength.
>>
>>116858242
Archer
>why am i in this war
>fuck, these other servants are in my way
>need to save my strength
>dammit, saber got me

Shiro
>shitshitshitshitshitshitshit i'm gonna die
>i need all my power right now
>oh damn, the twin swords were better than i thought
>SEIBAH!!!
>>
>>116858283
>surpass Archer
Please NLBW<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<UBW
>>
>>116858294
Why wouldn't it be A-ranked? Caliburn was A-rank strength in Fate.

And the regen never was instantaneous. In a five second fight it wouldn't even matter.
>>
>>116858394
>>116858356
Have you guys forgotten that everything he traces is ranked down?
Caliburn worked because Arthuria bullshit meeting with it miracle asspull.
>>
Either:
Black Berserker does not have God Hand and is working on a single life. Shirou pulls out all the stops and barely ekes out a single supreme killing blow to stop the A rank endurance A rank battle continuation monster.
Or
Black Berserker died twice, but still has all the protection of God Hand. Somehow, tracing a rock allows Shirou to perform an attack more devastating than Caliburn or Excalibur, and kill the mightiest hero, with A rank endurance, ten times in one blow so powerfully that he cannot even continue his charge with Battle Continuation rank A.

Yeah I don't buy Nine Lives Blade Works being THAT fucking powerful.
>>
>>116858381
First, UBW is said to be something that only works against Gilgamesh and against the other Servants would be just something annoying but not broken.

And we are not talking about powerlevels, Archer is of course stronger than Archer arm Shirou, but about the theme of the whole scene and Shirou getting ahead Archer in that wind. Basically, he pulled a miracle victory that Archer was not able to. That doesn't mean that he is stronger.

>>116858443
That is said for the Noble Phantams, but Nine Lives is more a technique or fighting style, that is why he used Berserker's strength.
>>
>>116858476
>Black Berserker does not have God Hand and is working on a single life. Shirou pulls out all the stops and barely ekes out a single supreme killing blow to stop the A rank endurance A rank battle continuation monster.
This one makes sense.
>>
>>116858443
That has nothing to do with it. He cut off Berserker's hand on his own, even with a flawed projection that broke immediately.

The rank down doesn't apply to strength, or at least nothing implies or says it does.
>>
>>116858513
Yeah but than you have guys like >>116858493
>>
>>116858493
>but Nine Lives is more a technique
A technique that is a NP is still going to be ranked down.
>>
>>116858476
A+ Strength, nigga.

>>116858513
No, it doesn't. Nothing even implies it.
>>
>>116858568
>Nothing even implies it.
The VN does.
>>
>>116858015

Or simply the fact that as a servant he's already died once in his previous life?
>>
>>116858568
>A+ Strength, nigga.

Is somehow more devastating than a Caliburn to the heart? That only got him seven times. And that was an unexpectedly incredible feat, caused by a miracle (AKA plothax).

Sorry, Hercules is strong, but not enough to kill himself ten times in one maneuver.
>>
>>116858493
>First, UBW is said to be something that only works against Gilgamesh and against the other Servants would be just something annoying but not broken.
That line in the CM is still bullshit.

What the fuck is a "normal opponent" and how the fuck do they deal with swordspam that can trump GoB?

And it's not like UBW is Archer's trump card in every game he's been in and his desperation move against Saber or anything, no no...
>>
>>116858493
>First, UBW is said to be something that only works against Gilgamesh and against the other Servants would be just something annoying but not broken.
Was Gilgamesh even trying? Couldn't he just out-swordspam Archer until Archer runs out of mana?

And swordspam seems highly effective against other Servants regardless if they're just fakes or not. I mean even if they're downranked, they still have to hurt a fuckton if they land a direct hit.
>>
>>116858525
Nasu already said Caliburn got a power-up because of Arthuria being there.
>>
>>116858545
Because the VN never says anything about God Hand not being there, so that is just fucking fanon.

>>116858558
But it is using the strength that Berserker got, and that is superior to A rank. Nine Lives as Shirou uses it, anti-unit version, is a multiple slash technique.

>>116858598
No, it doesn't.
>>
90% of people marry their 7th grade love. Since you have read this, you will be told good news tonight. If you don't post this on nine comments your worst week starts now. This isn't fake. Apparently, if you copy and paste this on ten comments in the next 10 minutes, you will have the best day of your life tomorrow. You will either get kissed or asked out. In the next 53 minutes someone will say I love you...
>>
>>116858598
No, it doesn't.

>>116858607
Yeah, he kind of is. See: One hundred headed Hydra.
>>
>>116858609
That line is in the VN itself during the fight against Gilgamesh, not in CM.

Basically, stop fapping with UBW.
>>
File: 12434868773.jpg (94 KB, 335x378) Image search: [Google]
12434868773.jpg
94 KB, 335x378
>>116857293
Alter Berserker had God Hand stripped from him when he got consumed by shadow, Berserker was running on one life while rotting.
>>
>>116858641
Which has nothing to do with the fact that Shirou could melee with Berserker and cut off his arm. NP rank does not equate to normal attack rank.
>>
>>116858654
>Yeah, he kind of is. See: One hundred headed Hydra.

What does scale have to do with anything? The hydra's heads were weak as glass.
>>
>>116858356
>That's fanon, the VN never says anything relating to that.

The VN specifically states he has horrible wounds and is just a barely living hunk of rotting flesh. Why would you think God hand is active in that state?
>>
>>116858644
You are making Fanon yourself.
>>
>>116858683
We are going in circles with fanon here.
>>
>>116858681
That's Shirou, not Archer.

Note how I'm talking about Archer the whole time.
>>
>>116858711
No, they weren't, stop inventing shit on your own.
>>
>>116858736
Really now? The VN says otherwise. Berserker was severely weakened from the shadow suffering multiple horrible wounds and his entire body was rotting. If it's rotting and the wounds aren't regenerating God Hand is not active.
>>
>>116858734
I'm not, I'm just going with what the game says, not with something made up by fans to explain something.
>>
File: Lancer, Gil.jpg (123 KB, 799x601) Image search: [Google]
Lancer, Gil.jpg
123 KB, 799x601
>>116858751
Actualy swordspam is a pretty shitty ability.
I mean Gil starts out with 1000 swords at a time against Cu and the fight still lasted 12 hours
>>
>>116858704
>NP rank does not equate to normal attack rank.
So what does it equate to? The NP has to be A rank to penetrate or his strength has to be A.
>>
>>116858803

Herakles had absolutely no issue with beheading the hydra in ANY version of the legend.
Beheading the hydra was the EASY part, and the part he got carried away with!
The second labour of Herakles was stopping the regeneration of the heads. A large scale attack to eliminate all the heads simultaneously does not indicate any special amount of power behind them.
>>
>>116858808
>rotting
Like how Berserker regenerated his arm after Shirou cut it off. Oh wait, he didn't.

It's not a regeneration spell, it's a stock of resurrections. It only works when he's died.
>>
File: god hand attack ranks.png (933 KB, 766x1120) Image search: [Google]
god hand attack ranks.png
933 KB, 766x1120
>>116858854
>>
>>116858808
Because he was still alive. God Hand only activates after he dies.
>>
>>116858813
>I'm not
Keep telling yourself that.
>>
>>116858928
Good retort.
>>
>>116858860
Right, because F=ma isn't a thing. Striking instantly at a hundred targets means every strike is weak, absolutely.
>>
>>116858867
They why didn't he just regenerate after NLBW killed him? He's running on Infinate Prana so his lives should regenerate faster than they are depleted.
>>
There's no clear statement whether Black Berserker has God Hand or doesn't. It's all fanon. There's no information to assume either way.
>>
File: Protection from Arrows, gg lol.jpg (80 KB, 800x598) Image search: [Google]
Protection from Arrows, gg lol.jpg
80 KB, 800x598
>>116858853
wrong image
>>
>>116858955
You have the thread correcting your own fanon. No need.
>>
>>116858963
>applying physics to heromagic

How stupid can ya be? It doesn't imply they all have enough power to blow away a hero with A rank endurance, let me tell you that. More than blow him away, each time, even, considering he apparently claimed ten lives with nine hits, and several of those hits were in non-vital areas.
>>
>>116858992
But it was never corrected? All the shit you throw was answered.
>>
>>116858476
If Berserker lost 2 lives before becoming tainted and still retaining God Hand, he'd have 10 lives left. Shirou only attacks him a total of 9 times, 9LBW + the final strike. Even though the name contains 9, he actually only performed 8 slashes. That would leave Berserker with still one life remaining.
>>
>>116858915
I know, so? Him being able to cut him with Caliburn was because of miracle plot device(Saber). Or wait are you going to tell me he replicated Saber's B strength with it and managed to cut him with it?
>>
>>116858965
Because it's not instantaneous >>116857582

And nothing implies that having more magical energy means he regains lives faster, it's just said that because Ilya does have so much that he can get back them.
>>
>>116859019
>non-vital areas
Yeah, because swords attack in points, not lines or anything.

Aiming at something with a sword doesn't mean it ends there you goof.
>>
>>116858965
It is never said that Berserker is in a contract with Sakura actually. The way it is shown, it was almost as if he was trapped in the Shadow and released to wreck shit after.
>>
File: Caliburn-23-F11-13a-039.jpg (111 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
Caliburn-23-F11-13a-039.jpg
111 KB, 800x600
>>116859048
Well, given that he's flynning with Berserker and then later with Gil...

Yeah.
>>
>>116859092
Then why didn't she absorb Berserker like she did with Gil?
>>
>>116859089

I don't see how an attack aimed at the testicles is going to claim the life of a hero with A rank endurance/A rank battle continuation etc.

Remember, any attack that doesn't hit the spiritual core (head or heart) is nonlethal to a servant. Chopping their legs clean off won't kill them.
>>
>>116859048
It's not the Saber presence boost, since it stops the moment Shirou stops projecting the sword. If it was Saber, given that she's running towards him, it should have been getting stronger, no?
>>
>>116859129
Explain why B rank strength will cut him then.
>>
>>116859147
She actually tried to do the same with Gil, but according to CM3 it was just impossible so he was just eaten.

Zouken says later that Sakura has Berserker in the shadow just in case it is needed later.
>>
>Here is what happens to a male, medically speaking, as his testicles are crushed:

>As the pressure on the testicles increases, some males would quickly pass out. Most would pass out prior to the outer membrane of each testicle tearing open. Some unlucky ones would stay conscious due mostly to adrenaline. Even if they pass out at some point many would wake to vomit uncontrollably, some would also lose control of their bladders and defecate as well. Almost all would have trouble breathing since the pain is so severe that they would be forced to hold their breaths in a type of shock as most of the muscles in the body tense in response to the severe pain. Some would also lose their peripheral vision temporarily has the brain struggles to handle the overload of input from the testicles.

>After each testicle ruptures its contents would empty into the scrotal sac. The pain would continue from the rupture but the inside of the testicles have no pain receptors. Severe swelling would set in at once. Some males would go into shock around this time, some may have heart attacks or have medical issues due to the high blood pressure they are no experiencing. Some would die from the experience.

>This damage would be beyond repair and the remaining parts of the testicles would have to be surgically removed.

Can you kill a Heroic Spirit if you crush his balls?
>>
>>116859183
>The Spiritual Core gradually diminishes as a result of massive magical energy expenditure or sustaining bodily damage. Under these adverse conditions, the Heroic Spirit’s expenditure of magical energy will escalate, and should damaged be inflicted through powerful magical energy, curse, or Noble Phantasm, the Spiritual Core will be destroyed, and the Heroic Spirit will no long be able to remain materialised. The heart and head are connected directly to the Spiritual Core, thus they are the weaknesses of Heroic Spirits. Sustaining damage at these locations will significantly weaken the Spiritual Core.

The heart and head are weak points, not the only lethal points.
>>
>>116859193
Caliburn gets a boost if it reunites with Saber.
>>
>>116859203
Well, given that Saber never actually used Caliburn as a Servant and that with a proper master she has A-rank strength, it wouldn't be farfetched to say that's her original strength.
>>
>>116859275

Shaving off damage elsewhere should be harmless against a Black servant, who have an endless supply of magical energy nad regenerate such damage easily. So now not only are you saying he killed Berserker ten times with one hit, but he did so with literally the LAST hit which was not part of the nine lives blade works technique, because the other hits could not have claimed a life from him being a Black servant.
>>
>>116859251
>>As the pressure on the testicles increases, some males would quickly pass out. Most would pass out prior to the outer membrane of each testicle tearing open. Some unlucky ones would stay conscious due mostly to adrenaline. Even if they pass out at some point many would wake to vomit uncontrollably, some would also lose control of their bladders and defecate as well. Almost all would have trouble breathing since the pain is so severe that they would be forced to hold their breaths in a type of shock as most of the muscles in the body tense in response to the severe pain. Some would also lose their peripheral vision temporarily has the brain struggles to handle the overload of input from the testicles.
It scares me when I realize how they got this information.
>>
>>116859312
Yes, but that's not what caused the sword to move on its own with enough force to block the axesword.
>>
>>116859251
Last time someone tried that it didn't work out
>The Morrigan next came in the form of a rough, grey-red bitch-wolf [and she bit Cuchulain in the arm and drove the cattle against him westwards, and Cuchulain made a cast of his little javelin at her, strongly, vehemently, so that it shattered one eye in her head.] During this space of time, whether long or short, while Cuchulain was engaged in freeing himself, Loch wounded him through the loins. Thereupon Cuchulain's anger arose within him and he wounded Loch with the Gae Bulga ('the Barbed-spear'), so that it passed through his heart in his breast.

>"Grant me a boon now, O Cuchulain," said Loch. "What boon askest thou?" "'Tis no boon of quarter nor a prayer of cowardice that I make of thee," said Loch. "But fall back a step from me and permit me to rise, that it be on my face to the east I fall and not on my back to the west toward the warriors of Erin, to the end that no man of them shall say, if I fall on my back, it was in retreat or in flight I was before thee, for fallen I have by the Gae Bulga!" "That will I do," answered Cuchulain, "for 'tis a true warrior's prayer that thou makest." And Cuchulain stepped back.
>>
>>116859247
>Zouken says later that Sakura has Berserker in the shadow just in case it is needed later.
Well of course, she did absorb his soul into her Black Grail.
>>
>>116859323
>it wouldn't be farfetched to say that's her original strength.
It's pretty farfetched actually. In that scene he replicates Caliburn not her strength and it gets a boost in rank because Saber.
>>
>>116859350
It's not one hit, and please say that again, I can't make sense of what you wrote.
>>
File: The Strongest.jpg (23 KB, 400x399) Image search: [Google]
The Strongest.jpg
23 KB, 400x399
Shouldn't Sakura be a full Grail by the time she absorbs Assassin? She did absorb Gil and he was an Archer. Why did she even need EMIYA's soul in the first place.
>>
>>116859393
I think the problem we have is that it was never explained how exactly that works, because Saber is the only one that it seems she went through the whole process so we get a status page.
>>
>>116859395
So the Shirou matching a heroic spirit in physical power momentarily didn't happen?>>116859129

Okay.
>>
>>116859478
She didn't? By the time she got Gil, the grail was already full.
>>
>>116859360
>Yes, but that's not what caused the sword to move on its own with enough force to block the axesword.
You don't know that. NLBW he at least mentions replicating it not here.
>>116859532
Bullshit miracle.
>>
>>116859367
That Cu, the guy who does horrific shit like warp spasm. He won't be effected by a regular attack on his balls.
>>
>>116859467

I'm saying the idea that he has ten lives gets more ridiculous the more you think about it.

None of the eight hits target the heart (except perhaps the one at the rib), and only one targets the brain.
Black Servants literally cannot die unless the brain or heart are destroyed. Any other damage is superficial! Black Saber was cut in half at the waist and did not die!
So. Of the nine hits, at least 6 were completely superfluous, and the 3 that did hit important zones were apparently enough to kill him ten times, by that conjecture.

I find it endlessly more credible that he has one life, and Shirou nearly killed himself just managing to take it.
>>
>>116859543
She was hunting down Illya for Archer's soul for some reason.
>>
File: shirou qq caliburn 91287.png (30 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
shirou qq caliburn 91287.png
30 KB, 800x600
>>116859571
So Shirou fighting with Gil in melee was also a miracle?
>>
>>116859609
They just wanted to use Ilya because she is the proper Grail, not because Archer's soul.

And Ilya offered herself to go, it was a way to end everything.
>>
>>116859647
Yes Caliburn is the asspull sword.
>>
>>116859589
>Upper arm, collarbone, windpipe, temple, diaphram, rib, testicles, and thigh.
artery
Internal organs
windpipe, artery
brain
internal organs
internal organs
artery

All look like lethal hits to me.
>>
>>116859574
>warp spasm

what is this
>>
Speaking of which.
>Q: In Sakura’s Route, Archer seemed to already know of the existence of beings like Angra Mainyu. Did he have experience in battling this type of enemies in other eras?
>A: He fought such things when he was alive, but had to retreat because there was nothing he could do. Also, after reaching the Throne of Heroes, he gained an understanding of the target of the Counter Force.
Does that mean he faught such things 10 years later after the Greater Grail was dismantled?
>>
>>116859703
Yeah, it is even said that the whole thing basically had Berserker losing an 80% of his body.
>>
>>116859687
So what about Kanshou and Bakuya, which let him block a Servant level fighter?

Or UBW, where he manages to beat Gil in melee. Are you a human could hit hard enough to shatter Noble Phantasms?
>>
>>116859687
Fate is just full of fucking asspulls on top of the dreadful romance. Truly an awful route.
>>
>>116859703
>8 lethal areas
>10 lives
Did Illya kill him twice with Moe?
>>
>>116859763
*Or are you saying a human could hit*

Sheesh, brain. Keep up.
>>
>>116859775

>tfw best girl is trapped in the worst route

Fuck you Nasu
>>
>>116859703

Not to a servant, and especially not to a Black servant.
The head or heart must be completely destroyed to kill a black servant.

Being bisected at the waist should look like a lethal hit to you too, no? Well too bad, it isn't.
>>
>>116859739
"The first warp-spasm seized Cúchulainn, and made him into a monstrous thing, hideous and shapeless, unheard of. His shanks and his joints, every knuckle and angle and organ from head to foot, shook like a tree in the flood or a reed in the stream. His body made a furious twist inside his skin, so that his feet and shins switched to the rear and his heels and calves switched to the front... On his head the temple-sinews stretched to the nape of his neck, each mighty, immense, measureless knob as big as the head of a month-old child... he sucked one eye so deep into his head that a wild crane couldn't probe it onto his cheek out of the depths of his skull; the other eye fell out along his cheek. His mouth weirdly distorted: his cheek peeled back from his jaws until the gullet appeared, his lungs and his liver flapped in his mouth and throat, his lower jaw struck the upper a lion-killing blow, and fiery flakes large as a ram's fleece reached his mouth from his throat... The hair of his head twisted like the tange of a red thornbush stuck in a gap; if a royal apple tree with all its kingly fruit were shaken above him, scarce an apple would reach the ground but each would be spiked on a bristle of his hair as it stood up on his scalp with rage"
>>
>>116859763
When wielding both Kanshou and Bakuya, you get physical and magical defense buffs.
>>
>>116859762

You misread. He lost 1/8th of his body.
Even Cu was working off one life with just that much gone. Don't forget Herakles has Battle Continuation rank A, which means you can't just kill him, but you have to kill him EXTREMELY HARD to get him to stop.
>>
File: 120-HF15-09-323.jpg (101 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
120-HF15-09-323.jpg
101 KB, 800x600
>>116859791
Plus 1.
>>
>>116859879
So Illya killed him with moe once?
>>
>>116859876
I remember reading the translation that arai did years ago and it said this.

>Having lost 80% of his body, I can finish Berserker off faster than he can kill me.

And I kinda trust more in this than the mirror moon version.
>>
>>116859809
That's only stated for Saber, someone with excellent regeneration even before.
>>
Why doesn't Archer just project the weapon the Hero uses and let the weapon do the job then since apparently they can move on their own.
>>
>>116859879
It still doesn't add up. Shirou only attacks him 9 times, there's one life left.
>>
>>116859937
We don't even know how blackened Berserker was. His own body was like rejecting the blackening.
>>
File: hnnnnggg.jpg (3 KB, 108x86) Image search: [Google]
hnnnnggg.jpg
3 KB, 108x86
>>116859919
Yeah, it struck him right in the heart, you could say.
>>
>>116859862
fuck

what would this imply in battoru
>>
>>116859993
>nine in my head
Plus one.
>>
>>116859956
Why doesn't Archer just trace Berserker's stats and kill every other servant?
>>
>>116859993
Every strike killed him 1.1111111 times.
>>
>>116860048

Except where's the ninth? That one never comes out of his head, so it's meaningless.
>>
Why doesn't Assassin ever assassinate masters?
>>
>>116858319
but doesnt archer want to buttfuck shirou like he wants in UBW?
If he could kill zerker he would have done it and then kill shirou to get rid of his frustrations. After all the fate route gives the shirou most likely going to go archer
>>
>>116860073
I know the screen flashes nine times and the hit sound plays nine times, so I'm going with that.
>>
>>116860060
Why doesn't him just trace Gae Bolg as an arrow and kills everyone.
>>
>>116860048
9LBW is only 8 strikes. Add the final strike and you get 9 in total.
>>
>>116860073
The whole thing is strange, because there are actually nine hits in the sound effects.
>>
>>116860103
The CG has 8 slashes, and he mentions 8 targets.
>>
>>116860104
Why doesn't he trace rule breaker, glue it on the tip of the gae bolg and shoot them as an arrow?
>>
Still makes a lot more sense to me if he has one life and NLBW killed him that once.

But this argument will never end, because we have no proof one way or the other.

Please continue until this thread has 600 posts and drops off page 10.
>>
>>116860184
He says nine, though>>116859879
>>
>>116859956
It's pretty shitty. Even Gil could overpower Caliburn automode
>>
>>116860104
>>116860185
>>116860060
Why is Gil strong again? Fanon Archer is broken as fuck.
>>
>>116860206
Shirou is retard more news at 11
>>
>>116860208
According to this threat the projected strength of the weapon is A reason why he cut off Berserker's arm am I right?
>>
File: Frodo.jpg (43 KB, 460x424) Image search: [Google]
Frodo.jpg
43 KB, 460x424
How do the wolves hurt Berserker if he can ignore any B-Rank or lower attack?
>>
>>116860206

And yet he targets 8 points even in the japanese text. The 'nine in my head' line does not mean he gets another attack out of nowhere.
>>
>>116857293
Because it's not a power of Archer's. It's a unique power that resulted from Shirou's using his arm and Shirou removing the limiter if you will. Archer can't remove his own limiter, but Shirou could in this situation because the strain of the arm broke his mind in a way where it could be removed.
>>
>>116860288
Nanotechnology.
>>
>>116860308
>testicles
That's a two.
>>
>>116860288
A-Rank Wolves
>>
>>116860311
That's retarded.

Even without "limiter" removed, Archer is stronger than Shirou with his "limiter" removed.
>>
>>116860311
More like NLBW won't do shit against normal Berserker.
>>
The whole point of NLBW is it is attacking 9 lives at once. Berserker has precisely 9 lives left and God Hand has been ranked down due to the corruption of the shadow, allowing Emiya to actually connect with the attack. If he had used that on normal Berserker, it would have just bounced off his skin.
>>
>>116860288
Could enough wolves take 1 of Berserkers lives?
>>
>>116860206
He says "I take aim at 8 targets". 8 slashes appear.
>>
>>116860399

It would be a poor idea. When he's not blind or completely unaware of the situation, it's entirely possible he'd recognize his own attack and counteract it.
His mad enhancement is only rank B, he has the most barest thoughts in his head, so he can recognize stuff from his life like Lancelot did.
>>
>>116860426
>Berserker has precisely 9 lives left
No he has 10.
>>
>>116860527
With nine hit sounds and screenflashes.
>>
>>116860540
Is there a rank for NLBW?
>>
>>116860543
He must have lost one off screen then or NLBW wouldn't have killed him.
>>
>>116860426
He only attacks 8 times at once, the last strike is separate. If he had a functioning God Hand against Shirou after losing two lives, he'd still be left with a life after the last blow and the last one shouldn't even work since he gains immunity.
>>
How many of Berserker's lives can Shiki kill?
>>
>>116860656
Or he lost more from the excaliblast like it's suppose to.
>>
>>116860656
Or God Hand doesn't work since his skin is rotting away.
>>
>>116858270
>>116858356
Speculation is that he loses God Hand for the same reason Saber loses her burst ability.

>>116858915
That scene isn't worth anything.
Since it doesn't differentiate between damage and mortal attacks.
>>
>>116860586
If he says he attacks 8 points, that's what he fucking does.
>>
>>116860733
>Saber loses her burst ability
No she doesn't.

>Since it doesn't differentiate between damage and mortal attacks.
You're retarded.
>>
>>116860773
Nine hits, nine hit sounds, nine lives.
>>
>>116860656

Or he's down to one life because the greater curse of Angra Mainyu broke apart the lesser curse of God Hand when it invaded his body.

There's multiple excuses for what might have happened, but in the end we just don't know. Nasu didn't give us a god hand life tally to follow. This entire argument will lead nowhere.
>>
File: Exalibur_and_Saber.jpg (354 KB, 540x510) Image search: [Google]
Exalibur_and_Saber.jpg
354 KB, 540x510
>>116860806
She loses the ability to not defend herself, and redirect it all to attacking.
She is at 100% defence, and has to use what is not been used defend herself to attack.
>>
How did Shirou derive the Nine Lives from Berserker's ax-sword? It's not even a weapon that Herakles used the Nine Lives with in the past, it's just a piece of his temple the Einzberns used to summon him.
>>
>>116861223
Reality Marbles are HAX. Psychometry, baby.

Hand him a butterknife and he can use it to steal your bankcodes since you could technically punch it in with the knife.
>>
>>116860987
What are you even talking about?
>>
>>116861223
He probably traced it from the user himself since he was standing right there.
>>
>>116858619
>Out-Swordspam
What don't you understand from the word "Unlimited" Blade Works?
You can't outspam infinity when your swords are finite.
>>
>>116861390
But he still needs mana to sustain it, whereas Gil's swordspam costs him almost nothing, right?
>>
File: EMIYAs1.png (557 KB, 803x597) Image search: [Google]
EMIYAs1.png
557 KB, 803x597
>>116861509
Only got babby tier novice fakers.
>>
>>116861223
I figured because Berserker can use it anytime when he is holding a weapon and the stone axesword had the effect on it and Shirou traced the Axesword plus the ability.
>>
>>116859658

They specifically wanted to have two grails to control the gate as well as gain the power of the grail. Zouken expected Sakura to go comatose so he could take her body, so he wanted Ilya's heart, the core, to keep the gate open.
>>
>>116861644
>who can use a Reality Marble without penalty
Have we ever seen a RM user taking some penalty from the world after using it?
>>
Why Saber doesn't use her shield, Wynebgwrthucher in HGW?
>>
>arguing this much over a badly written mess
>>
>>116862174
Because Excalibur is a zweihander.
Also Japan a shit
>>
File: Kayneth Wins Big.jpg (94 KB, 640x438) Image search: [Google]
Kayneth Wins Big.jpg
94 KB, 640x438
What if Berserker and Lancer switched Masters?
>>
>>116862113
It probably just means the world attempting to crush the reality marble or something? And Archer doesn't have penalty because he's usually using his RM internally like Nrvnqsr.
>>
>>116862317
Kariya will yell at Diarmuid for robbing his chance at stealing Aoi from Tokiomi.
>>
File: next time.jpg (100 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
next time.jpg
100 KB, 800x600
Archer confirmed for Fate/Grand Order.
>>
>>116861644
And yet Shiro clearly needs an outside energy source because his own energy is not sufficient enough to invoke or sustain projection magic and UBW. Archer doesn't have that much energy either, considering he can't maintain UBW for very long without his Master. The "without penalty" must apply to some other thing.
>>
File: Gate of Babylon.jpg (333 KB, 700x569) Image search: [Google]
Gate of Babylon.jpg
333 KB, 700x569
>>
>>116862479
I think by Next Time he means during the next Parallel HGW.
>>
>>116862317
Kayneth would waste his Command Seals trying to control that thing, and end up dead if he pisses him off with the wrong order. He's a real nutcase when it comes to commanding his Servant's every move.
>>
>>116862504
He used a three verse chant, it's not exactly a definitive example of his RM's staying power.
>>
File: Fate Zero [Next Encounter].jpg (3 MB, 5604x3571) Image search: [Google]
Fate Zero [Next Encounter].jpg
3 MB, 5604x3571
>>
>>116862623
FZ Servants >>>>>> FSN Servants
>>
File: Masters (zero).jpg (77 KB, 640x454) Image search: [Google]
Masters (zero).jpg
77 KB, 640x454
>>116862623
>>
>>116862693
Other way around, actually.
>>
File: 1338072036408.jpg (39 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1338072036408.jpg
39 KB, 800x600
The only FSN characters I like are the ones that aren't dumb horny teenagers.
>>
>>116862693
>F/SN Servants >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> F/Z Servants
FTFY
>>
>>116862826
>>116862764
No.

Zero Archer >>>>>> stay night Archer
Zero Rider >>>>>>> stay night Rider
Zero Assassin >>>>>> stay night Assassin
Zero Caster >>>>>>> stay night Caster
Zero Lancer >>>>>> stay night Lancer
Zero Berserker >>>>>>> stay night Berserker
>>
File: EX Anti Army D-rank Gay Buldge.jpg (119 KB, 960x649) Image search: [Google]
EX Anti Army D-rank Gay Buldge.jpg
119 KB, 960x649
>>116862777
But that's a dumb horny Adult and a Old Man/Dog.
>>
File: Are you my Master (zero).jpg (247 KB, 679x782) Image search: [Google]
Are you my Master (zero).jpg
247 KB, 679x782
>>
>>116862777
Nearly no one then.
>>
File: 1389991586189.png (192 KB, 1252x1252) Image search: [Google]
1389991586189.png
192 KB, 1252x1252
>>116862847
0/10. Do your research.
>>
>>116862904
le ebin bait picture xD
>>
File: deermud a shit.jpg (24 KB, 617x72) Image search: [Google]
deermud a shit.jpg
24 KB, 617x72
>>116862847
>Gil
>worst enemies: Archer

>Medusa
>Cybele
>bye bye Iskander

>Kojiro > All Hassans

>all Casters are shit

>Deermud a shit

>Herakles a best
>>
>>116862938
Ebin retort m8 upboat :^)
>>
>>116862847
All of those Servants are great. I wish the SN Servants were more fleshed out, like everyone who wasn't Saber, Archer or Gilgamesh.
>>
>>116863017
That's what FHA is for. The Slice of Life is pretty shit, after all.
>>
File: King of Heroes.jpg (89 KB, 450x600) Image search: [Google]
King of Heroes.jpg
89 KB, 450x600
Will you bow down to the King of Heroes?
>>
File: shiki sleepeating curryburgers.jpg (109 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
shiki sleepeating curryburgers.jpg
109 KB, 500x500
>>116860679
All of them
>>
>>116863098
That fucker stole Cu's title
>>
>>116862953
>Iskander
>Heroic Army
Bye bye monster.
>>
File: gil 1336328692264.jpg (1 MB, 747x3351) Image search: [Google]
gil 1336328692264.jpg
1 MB, 747x3351
>>116863098
I'd make him suck my dick.
>>
File: Fate Extra CCC - box pic.jpg (373 KB, 1500x1036) Image search: [Google]
Fate Extra CCC - box pic.jpg
373 KB, 1500x1036
>>116863098
Eww, that face is way too ufotable. I like Takeuchi's better.
>>
>>116862953
>Gil
>worst enemies: Archer
Ea lol gg
>>
>>116863137
>Cybele
>bye bye Greeks
>>
>>116863213
gg
>>
>>116862953
>>Herakles a best
>gets killed by magical ginger

>>Deermud a shit
>pushes Saber's shit out of her anus
>lowly dog uses his best technique on Saber
>she casually dodges it

You a shit.
>>
Is there a story on why Ufotable skipped out on Kariya/Berserker in Fate/Zero?
>>
File: King of Knights.jpg (84 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
King of Knights.jpg
84 KB, 600x450
>>116863098
I'll never bow down to you, fiend.
>>
>>116863286
>Herakles
>A rank divinity
>breaks out of chains of heaven
The best.

>Deermud
>want to serve lord
>dilly dally and thinks with his dick
>ntr's himself and dies like a bitch while crying and whining
A shit.
>>
>>116863286
You are kinda funny but only on a very low level
>>
>>116863194
Tokiomi's a moron. Who the fuck gives a shit about his Noble Phantasm giving away his identity when they know they can't do a damn thing about it anyway? He should have just let him take out as many Servants as possible right there, and then make him withdraw once his treasure chest runs low.
>>
>>116863285
>using this argument
UBW and Fate routes have so many dumb and asspull moments that it's not even funny. I don't consider anything that happens on those routes canon. Gil wouldn't stroll around in casual gear in an ongoing war.
>>
File: archer sees you're swords.png (105 KB, 300x297) Image search: [Google]
archer sees you're swords.png
105 KB, 300x297
>>116863412
>abloo abloo canon events make me cry
>>
So in CCC how many Sakuras are there in total?
>>
>>116863465
Fuck off archerfag.
>>
File: (19).png (244 KB, 624x600) Image search: [Google]
(19).png
244 KB, 624x600
>>116863501
>Gilfag can't live with his husbando being retarded as hell
>>
>>116863493
Blossom
BB
King Protea
Monster Tits
Crothplate McStalker

I think that's it.
>>
File: 1383404106306.jpg (31 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1383404106306.jpg
31 KB, 400x400
>>116863501
Delicious butthurt.
>>
Why are there so many "strongest" Servants?

>ha ha I summoned Gilgamesh the strongest Servant, we've won
>ha ha I summoned Arthur the strongest Servant, we've won
>ha ha I summoned Herakles the strongest Servant, we've won
>>
>>116863663
Because people are retarded
>>
>>116863412
Good thing he went down like a badass in HF then.
>>
File: a1jcnlfcyaaanhz.jpg (86 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
a1jcnlfcyaaanhz.jpg
86 KB, 600x450
>>116863352
“Heh heh, don’t make that expression. I know you’re envious of my riches, but do show more restraint. That undisguised expression is really tasteless. Like a dog that has gone hungry for too long.”
The enemy’s appearance did not come unexpectedly to Saber.
This municipal hall was the final gathering place for all the Servants that still remained. Even if the other enemies initiated attacks on each other, it would be too naïve to hope that they would perish together. There was still one battle left, and the adversary was undoubtedly one of Archer or Rider.

http://youtu.be/N1tU3vPYj90
>>
>>116863542
>>116863624
Eat shit.

>>116863772
In HF, he acted like how he would act on Zero and wormslut couldn't taint him. These reasons alone are makes it better than UBW and Fate.
>>
File: 1391415836788.gif (724 KB, 490x480) Image search: [Google]
1391415836788.gif
724 KB, 490x480
>>116863855
>Eat shit.
>>
File: Lancer, Gil.png (605 KB, 799x601) Image search: [Google]
Lancer, Gil.png
605 KB, 799x601
>>116863808
Gil a shit
>>
>>116863855
Why are Gilfags the worst fanbase?
>>
>>116863944
Gilfags tie with raving Saibahfags.
Some Archerwankers also approach that level
>>
>>116863875
>implying Iskander wasn't interested in a second life
>implying Gil willingly chose to be reincarnated

Fuck you Cu
>>
>>116857293
Because while his body was healed, his mana wasn't fully replenished in time. Archer only had enough mana to kill Berserker 6 times.
>>
File: a1jxagdccaaoa5s.jpg (62 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
a1jxagdccaaoa5s.jpg
62 KB, 600x450
>>116863808
But—Archer’s intact armor and his leisurely presence, infused with prana, made Saber grit her teeth.
Undoubtedly, not a hair of this golden Servant had come to harm. Beyond unharmed, it could even be said that he was running at full capacity.
Saber had been seriously injured in the battle with Berserker. If she wished to defeat Archer, she could only pin her hopes on her opponent having been drained considerably in a battle with Rider. But at this moment, not even a single scratch from battle could be seen on Archer.
Unexpectedly, the King of Conquerors had been unable to exact his revenge for that one sword blow…Was this Servant, whose identity was still unknown to her, really so strong?
Now, even the last thread of hope had been ground out of existence, but in Saber’s heart still flared a flame of anger.
Chances of victory, or tactics—None of that mattered any more. Saber only thought it unforgivable—she could not forgive that even now, there was still someone who stood between her and the Grail.
"...You, get out of the way…”

http://youtu.be/XLTDwnbM8Sw
>>
>>116864095
Died on his feet, the fucker. I bet he was smugly staring right into Ilya's eyes the whole time as he faded.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 74

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.