[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
will misaka ever fight an opponent that can beat her in a situation
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 227
Thread images: 30
will misaka ever fight an opponent that can beat her in a situation that isn't about buying time ,running away , or has her crippled by some status effect like exhaustion?
>>
Gunha looks so dumb. Shit design.
>>
>>116855920
>Captain Japan
>dumb
Shit opinion.
>>
>>116855920
i like his belt buckle
>>
Threadly reminder:
-That Misaka stalked and attacked pre-amnesia Touma constantly just because he can block her shitty powers.
-Reminder that Misaka never thanked Touma properly after helping her save her sisters and her sorry suicidal ass
-That Misaka forced Touma to date her while being obnoxious with her shitty hobby
-That Misaka delayed an injured Touma from going to help the Amakusas because she wanted to confirm to herself her own retarded feelings
-That Misaka forced Touma to bring her ass to Hawaii, giving him unnecessary burden
-That Misaka, despite not being his girlfriend and haven't even confessed to him yet, bought rings for the both of them that makes sure that Touma won't cheat
-That Misaka attacked a grievously injured Touma after seeing him with Cendrillon without asking questions because her shit logic believes that "he can take it".
-That Misaka, without even asking questions, again, tried to drag Touma by his belt from a rooftop, nearly getting him killed.
-That Misaka refused to translate Cendrillon's words to Touma because she got jelly, denying Touma a justified thanks from her
-That Misaka shocked an already injured Touma, again, while he was in a midst of an existential crisis while talking about things she knows nothing about

MISAKA A SHIT
>>
File: ryona2-4533.jpg (52 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
ryona2-4533.jpg
52 KB, 640x480
Threadly reminder:
-That Misaka prevented Touma from going to his Amakusa Christian friends sooner when they were battling Acqua of the Back, making their injuries worse
-That during that above time, tried to confront him of his memory loss just to make sure that she wasn't forgotten, as if Touma was her slave or something.
-That Misaka has demanded for Touma to call her by her last name which he has acquiesced and then some by calling her by her given name, but she still has yet to call him other than idiot. A clear disrespect for him despite him being older and saving her ungrateful ass more than once.
-That Misaka had the gall of not helping Touma in his time of need during the British Halloween, and then had the gall to ask for a date from him
-That Misaka broke into top secret Academy City files just so she can stalk Touma
-That Misaka stole a billion dollar jet just so she can continue stalking Touma and even fail at saving him making her entire venture a waste of time
-That Misaka tried to steal a love letter to Touma that wasn't even meant for her
-That Misaka is a lot like her mother, getting drunk after "losing" Touma as if he was hers in the first place, and would've probably jumped at Hamazura's dick if she bumped into him
-That Misaka rudely attacked Touma's guest and would've invaded his home, destroying the important meeting between the three heroes.
-That Misaka committed a terrible fashion crime my wearing shorts under her skirt and not even spats. I mean, who does that shit? Pigfuckers obviously
>>
Watch out for Misaka Mikoto
The public enemy of Raildex #1
She is mainly responsible for...
☑ Killing Mami Kawada's career
☑ No Index or Railgun season 3
☑ Index's Collar
☑ Damaging Index's bowels which make her digest food faster
☑ The attempted stabbing of a young Touma
☑ The Parameter List
☑ The distortion of the elements causing Angel Fall
☑ Giving Ridovia the idea of invading Academy City
☑ Kanzaki leaving the Amakusa
☑ Murdering Agnese's parents
☑ Abandoning Angelene and Lucia in Milan
☑ Pre-memory loss Touma being angry at Misaki
☑ Egging kids to attack a young Accelerator
☑ The rollercoaster that killed Vento's brother
☑ Rise in pirated Gekota merchandise
☑ Worldwide illegal trafficking of gemstones
☑ Othinus eviscerating Othinus
☑ Touma failing to save the world
☑ Radio Noise Project
☑ Level 6 Shift
☑ Dolly
☑ Kuroko not being the protagonist of Railgun
☑ Chemicaloid Project
☑ Pissing off powerless geniuses
☑ Aborting a fetus
☑ Shocking thugs into a indefinite vegatative state
☑ The punching bag girl from volume 19
☑ The decline of 19'th school district
☑ The bombing of Seventh Mist
☑ Giving Accelerator a caffeine addiction
☑ Sexual relations with pigs, underage
☑ Destroying Raildex threads and infecting other threads on /a/
>>
File: SWScanss_20130131022759.jpg (211 KB, 670x290) Image search: [Google]
SWScanss_20130131022759.jpg
211 KB, 670x290
>>
>>116855893
Accelerator beats her at the start of series?
>>
>>116856361
>>116856398
>>116856458
You sure are dedicated.
What's you favorite girl, shitposter-kun?
>>
>>116856657
>implying he reads index
>>
>>116856657
>>116856669
Misaki Seria Enshuu Fukiyose Will-tan Othinus Itsuwa kanzaki and Rikou
>>
>>116856764
You're supposed to choose only one, you're not TouMAN, no harem for you.
>>
File: 1380526910139.jpg (64 KB, 425x419) Image search: [Google]
1380526910139.jpg
64 KB, 425x419
>>116856764
>liking not a Kihara and worst ITEM
>>
>>116855893
E-Ehhh!!!
Y-You like
ANIME too?
>>
>>116856802
Rikou
>>
why do people like itsuwa, i don't dislike her but what causes all this love for her?
>>
>>116856898
shiage is the shitposter! looking back it obvious.
>>
>>116856905
God-tier waifu skills, can outcook a Maido, nice body and works hard to please her man.
>>
>>116856898
A pretty good choice.
She's not my favorite, but she's a great girl.
>>
>>116855920
Shit taste
>>
File: accel.jpg (84 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
accel.jpg
84 KB, 1280x720
>>116856559
Wot?
>>
>>116855893
i want her and mugino to get btfo by a strong magician. gunha did but it was off screen.
>>
>>116856964
>works hard to please her man
didn't she refuse the super ero maid outfit? her commitment is shaky.
>>
>>116855893
didnt that accelerator faggot beat her down
>>
>>116857154
nope, she shot at him he vectored away rather then directly back. then the sisters showed up and he told her about mayoneggs
>>
can ib remove saint strength? not forever but at least while touma is touching them?
>>
Yes, because electricity is a weak source, b-list power. I could beat Misaka if I had a rubber suit and a plank with a nail in it.
>>
File: 1327374652716.png (10 KB, 218x244) Image search: [Google]
1327374652716.png
10 KB, 218x244
>>116857337
>I could beat Misaka if I had a rubber suit and a plank with a nail in it.
>mfw

In all seriousness, the railgun could still fuck you up.
>>
>>116857337
>nail in it
you brought your own demise with that part.
>>
what is the best fight in index and why is aqua vs Amakusa and kanzaki
>>
File: super hamazura.jpg (67 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
super hamazura.jpg
67 KB, 1280x720
>>116857616
>not Super Hamazura vs Mugino

There's just no other option, anon.
>>
>>116856559
Which episode is right pic ? Google gave me nuthin
>>
>>116856822
>not a Kihara
That's is Yuiitsu

>worst ITEM
Yes, she is, but I like her because she is just macth my fetish.
>>
>>116857109
Ollerus didn't just qualify as "strong magician", he was pretty much the second most powerful after Othinus.

And you'd need a really strong magician then considering Mikoto has been able to keep up against a Saint/Valkyrie.
>>
>>116858331
she barely did though, hell if brunhild used her fist instead of a sword mikoto would have never been able to stop it.
>>
>>116857616
>what is the best fight in index and why is aqua vs Amakusa and kanzak
that was a pretty good fight actually. all that help was needed or else TouMAN would have been fucked against aqua
>>
>>116857616
That was a really good one, thematically since it's not really a "fight" per se I liked Othinus vs Touma but for actual fighting it's probably Terra of the Left vs Touma, one of the cooler fights that at no point felt bullshit
>>
>>116857337
>gets railgunned
>gets cut in half by iron sand sword
>gets cooked iside of rubber suit because of air temperature

Hmm.
>>
>>116857139
Yeah, but after that she agreed to wear the Great Elemental Fairy for Touma.
>>
>>116858331
>Keep up
Not really. All that was needed was for Brunhilde to drop the sword or really even just pick up a pebble and toss it through Misaka's skull.
I also vaguely remember something about them really just running a distraction so even if Brunhilde was trying to defeat Magneto with metal she wasn't trying to actually kill.

Plus accel has been defeated by mook tier magicians. Misaka might have some raw power but any magician with talent and knowledge of his/her enemies (prep time) can presumably take down most espers.
Look at all the damage one random golem did to AC just via fucking around.
>>
>>116861316
>she wasn't trying to actually kill.
>first attack used extreme lethal force

Re-read the fight, please.
>>
>>116861395
not that guy, but the first line was it was completely one sided.
>>
>>116861316
>Accel has been defeated by mook magicians
When was that? I remember the first time he met mages his reflection acted weird on them, but he didn't lose
>>
>>116861316
>accel has been defeated by mook tier magicians
like who? i only remember him getting thrashed by angels.
>>
>>116861699
>Brunhild Eiktobel could reach a top speed that exceeded the speed of sound.

>And she brought out that top speed from the very first step.

>By the time the explosive noise rang out, it was already too late.

>From the perspective of one’s bodily senses, Brunhild seemed to just disappear. And since she was moving faster than sound, one could never react in time based on sound.

>Brunhild Eiktobel charged up to a point right in front of Mikoto and vigorously swung up the claymore hanging down from one hand.

>She also twisted her wrist to lay the giant sword down flat as she swung it.

>Normally, this may have been an attempt to not hit one’s opponent with the blade of the sword. However, the situation here was different. Brunhild Eiktobel could move at supersonic speeds and the claymore she held was like a giant sword made by attaching a grip to a metal sheet.

>By laying the blade flat, she could use it like a giant fan made of steel.

>An overwhelmingly violent fan that used the massive shockwave created when an object moved at supersonic speeds.

>That would end it.

>Not only would it crush the girl’s fat and muscles from the outside, but her eardrums, lungs, and trachea would rupture from within.

>However…

>“Damn you!!”

>“!?”

>She reacted just before it hit.

>>116861730
>>116861752
NT3. They would have killed him had Roberto not bailed him out.
>>
>misaka shoots a railgun at brun
>cuts away
>comes back to them without showing if brun block, dodged, or even tanked the hit
>>
Periodic reminder that teleportation would be utterly broken if it had any good users.
>>
>>116861834
Why not just use the sword to cut, since it has more than 300m/s worth of momentum without even being swung?
>>
>>116861834
Wait you're extrapolating from that one spell they made Accel cast, once, as a defeat? That's quite the stretch there anon it could have gone either way.
>>
>>116855893
Will Misaka actually get injured in her fights and not just get exhausted? Probably not.
>>
>>116861752
>>116861730
The NT volume in Hawaii
A random mook tricked him into activating a magic circle which gave him a seizure and deactivated his powers. The only reason he's still alive is because the PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES suddenly busted in through a wall because she could finish him off.
Magicians only really lose against espers because they don't expect them atm.
>>116862031
>Accel depowered and twitching like Micheal J fox
>gun loaded and aiming at him
>No reflection whatsoever, he can't even move
>not imminent defeata
>>
>>116861834
as i said earlier she was only surviving because brun was attacking with something that could be effected by her power and she could't dodge multiple attacks and magnetism could only stop it for one second. keeping up with brun under those circumstances doesn't make her saint level or even capable of handling weaker magicians who don't have metal.
>>
>>116861834
They were using magic bullets though, weren't they? Accel didn't even know they were magicians until his reflection didn't work. Mikoto doesn't go around assuming she's safe form everything like Accel does, so she would naturally be more cautious fighting an enemy like that.
>>
>>116862077
Accelerator has wings now. It activates in a pinchi!
>>
>>116861961
That's how she usually fights.
>>
>>116862127
mine please go and stay go
>>
>>116862077
Oh whoops I missed the line of him losing the reflection ability, maybe then.
>>
>>116862127
Why didn't they activate when he was about to get killed by those gremlin magicians then, and had to wait for Roberto to save his ass? You're reaching here.
>>
>>116862185
>implying the wings do not have a mind of its own and knew roberto was there to save his ass as such didn't activate
>>
>>116862104
>keeping up with brun under those circumstances doesn't make her saint level
Nobody said that.

>or even capable of handling weaker magicians who don't have metal.
Any fight against most average magicians depends greatly on the amount of prep-time they have under that exact circumstance.
>>
>>116857994
From the Toaru Majutsu to Kagaku no Ensemble game.
>>
>>116862120
Accel's reflection works vs magic. It just acts weird like how it does vs teleportation.

>>116862127
Those only activate in the presence of a loli to protect.
>>
>>116855893
That looks almost doujin-like
>>
>>116862185
Because Kamachi was going to have Roberto save him, if he wasn't going to be saved he could have had him get out of the way, not be so badly affected by the magic that his reflection disappears (since, you know he cast that spell on LO and could still use it in WW3, granted with wings) or a number of other things. Yes this is all hindsight and what ifs but you get the point. Magicians aren't as weal as espers but it won't be random mooks that end up taking Accel out of the picture if there's a WW4
>>
>>116862293
It was a guest novel by the author of Buccano, so Haimura didn't do the drawings
>>
>>116856001
He's just a copy of Jin Saotome.
>>
>>116862335

Any magician with enough prep-time will always have the advantage over any Esper, Accel is no exception. Just trick him into casting a spell and you'll have him bleeding out and killing himself.
>>
>>116862293
Yes, the artist does doujins. I think he also did 4komas for the Railgun manga a few times.
>>
>>116862438
I guess that's the Batman Superman argument then
>>
>>116862258
see
>>116858331
>you'd need a really strong magician then considering Mikoto has been able to keep up against a Saint/Valkyrie.
>>
>>116862375
>>116862465
>yfw another author writes a comedy/harem hijinks Raildex SS and supervised by Kamachi
>it is illustrated by Mahaya
>>
File: 001.png (515 KB, 1130x1600) Image search: [Google]
001.png
515 KB, 1130x1600
>>116862465
>>116862293
>Have the most famous Kamikoto doujin artist do the drawings for the novel

As if there was any doubt as to which pairing does the novels/manga staff prefer.
>>
>>116862588
The ones that sells better, obviously.
>>
>>116862542
Keeping up doesn't mean she's at their level.
>>
>>116857616
Carissa vs every goddamn person London. She is practically the most aggravating boss fight in the series.
>>
>>116862633
Except even Haimura revealed his doujin collection some years ago, and most of them were Kamikoto doujins.
>>
>>116862703
For some reason that sounds hilariously like some wonky court case.

Reminds me of https://docs DOT google.com/file/d/0B5OT20mhinGpS09VTk1POG91bUk/edit?pli=1
>>
File: Railgun_06_0036.png (123 KB, 839x1200) Image search: [Google]
Railgun_06_0036.png
123 KB, 839x1200
>>116862588
They also have another Kamikoto doujin artist doing the 4komas for the Railgun manga.
>>
>>116857793
That fight was awful. I hate plot armor. There is no realistic way he could beat Mugino. No fucking way.
>>
>>116862944
I actually liked those battles myself too, the one in the snow during WW3 was kinda BS sure, but the other ones with him running and using the environment as she acts arrogant worked out for me. Sure Mugino could be beat, it depends on her mindset, think of characters like Gil who vary wildly depending on how serious they are
>>
>>116863142
Mugino is a fucking joke. I can't take her character seriously anymore, much less when she is figthing someone.
>>
>>116863302
That's an entirely different story
>>
>>116862730
>owning doujins of the characters you designed
That's lewd as fuck.
>>
>>116862077
>Magicians only really lose against espers because they don't expect them atm.
Mages are batman, they can do anything Kamachi wants them to if he just gives them 'prep time'.
>>
>No NT12 until March at the very least
>Railgun moving at snail's pace
>Accel manga is shit

Kill me now.
>>
who would you want NT12 to focus on? what character(s) would you want them to interact with?
>>
>>116863909
Not really. Espers just have exploitable weaknesses like how magicians have exploitable weaknesses.
If you give any character enough time to capitalize upon that then of course the advantage goes to said character. It's just alot easier to trick an esper into doing a spell than it is to flood an area with AIM designed to disrupt magic.
>>
>>116864953
i thought he meant preptime as having the materials for certain spells, not having the specific spell to counter your opponent.
>>
>>116866605
TBH i'm not really sure what he meant because noone is Batman level(aka bullshit) preptime in this.
Even Crowley doesn't have enough preptime to stop everything in this series as evidenced by Hazamura still being alive.
>>
>>116866669
Prep time is useless against plot armour.
I fidn the fact that someone capable of clashing against the Magic God sekrit club can't kill some thug extremely hilarious, though.
>>
>>116856876
Memes.
>>
does saying your magic name boost your power or is it an "i challenge you to a duel thing"?
>>
>>116867863
I challenge you to a duel thing.
>>
>>116867863
It's a declaration that you are going all out, it doesn't has any real effect on the magician.
Which do you think is the coleest magician name. btw? Either because it sounds cool or because of its meaning. I realli like Kazanaki and Acqua's magician names.
>>
>>116868045
Regnum771 sounds cool
>>
>>116857325

Probably. He sealed Acqua movements, and while it's not clearly written that Touma used Imagine Breaker on him, and I think that the guy that could casually smash Terra with a pillar can shake off an half dead Touma.
>>
>>116859435

Well he did got wrecked.
>>
>>116870548
wasn't kanzaki holding him too?
>>
>>116864947

I want Touma to get shipped in a box to Britain, and when he bursts out yelling "TSUCHIMIKADO I WILL FUCKING KILL YOU" he is actually facing Elizard in a jersey.
>>
>>116870700

No, but it says that Acqua was shocked because Touma was there, though I still think it would work.
>>
>>116862065
she got punched up by frenda but misaka never takes real damage, but most of the girls don't either.
>>
>>116871620

Let's see, just for heroines.

>Kuroko
Stabbed and beaten several times, almost killed by Awaki.
>Saten
Strangled, punched in the face, and almost died drowned.
>Uiharu
Shoulder dislocated, entire head stomped and almost killed by Kakine.
>Index
Erased memories, almost choked to dead by terrorists.
>Misaki
Literal brain damage (even though she isn't tampered by it), almost asphyxiated by Gensei, got her shit kicked in by Mitsuari.
>Mikoto
Beaten up by Frenda and Mugino, and that's the only time she got any damage in her fights. Compared to the rest, she's not even had a serious injury, been close to death or at risk of losing something meaningful to her.
>>
>>116855893
Mikoto has an inherent advantage in situations where she's inherently disadvantaged.

So in order to beat her, you need to be inferior to her in nearly every way, from ability to situation.
>>
File: 22834303.jpg (279 KB, 800x960) Image search: [Google]
22834303.jpg
279 KB, 800x960
posting best clone
>>
>>116855893
Well, she's the 3rd strongest esper on the city. So I doubt it.
>>
>>116875234
>3rd strongest
>implying gunha isn't stronger than her
>>
>>116875276
didn't gunha get his shit pushed in by raijin misaka?
>>
>>116875234

The positions aren't in orded of power.

Accelerator is first because he is needed to Alesteir's keikaku, Kakine was his back-up plan and Misaka was needed for her clones.
>>
File: 12.png (269 KB, 900x1300) Image search: [Google]
12.png
269 KB, 900x1300
>>116875365
extior misaka > base misaka
and he was doing pretty damn well swatting away her attacks and even breaking the iron sand barrier.
>>
>>116875365
That was not her normal form, and he wasn't trying to attack her.
>>
File: never.png (855 KB, 1059x687) Image search: [Google]
never.png
855 KB, 1059x687
>Touma will never blush as he envelops you in is strong arms and brings you close for a picture
Why even continue breathing?
>>
>>116867690
I think Aleister's inability to deal with Shiggy goes something like this:

At the end of NT11, we find out through Kihara Doge's infodump on Aleister that his powers and hold over Academy City stem from his ability to manipulate and impart "archetypes".

Touma -- the "hero" -- and Accelerator -- the "edgy villain-turned-hero" are at this point in the series unable to truly oppose Aleister because, so far, they've been acting within their roles as designated by him. So far as they act out their specific roles, Aleister can perfectly predict what they are going to do, which is why he's been so successful at yanking their chains.

Hamazura, on the other hand, was designated to be a random thug whose destiny was to get facepunched by Touma and then turned into nuclear salsa by Mugino. Hamazura managed to escape from his designation and become a hero, not only saving Rikou and later Mugino herself, but becoming the first major threat to Aleister as he does not fit within the "archetype" system.

Does that make sense, or am I missing something?
>>
File: Index_v12_101.jpg (379 KB, 1200x1760) Image search: [Google]
Index_v12_101.jpg
379 KB, 1200x1760
>>116877185
>streaming
>ever using the anime as reference when the superior LN exists
>>
Let's talk about neat things.

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm24876743
>>
>>116872828
Mikoto better get stabbed to be fair to her friends.
>>
Is it okay to watch the anime and then pick up the LNs where it leaves off, or does the anime cut out so much important content that I need to go back and read it all?

And what about the manga?
>>
>>116877725
The Index anime cuts out a lot of shit. The manga removes two entire arcs.

As for Railgun, the anime changes a lot of things and the filler is abundant.

It's better to read the novels and Railgun manga since the start.
>>
>>116872828
>or at risk of losing something meaningful to her.

Something something sisters

But yeah she's had it quite easy. But then again she's only rarely involved in AC underworld business (unlike #1, #2 and #4) and her powers grant her bizarre defence, stealth, mobility and offence.

Mostly though this means she hasn't annoyed someone enough to make them develop a weapon specifically against her.
>>
Is there anyone from the Magic Side that Hamazura can beat on his own?
>>
Will we ever see Nagai Space (Unlimited Clover Fields) ever again?
>>
>>116878604
Othinus (Fairy edition)
>>
>>116878848
>Implying she wouldn't headbutt him in the throat and KO him in one shot
>>
>>116878887
>Underestimating the end of the century emperor super Hamazura
>>
>>116878967
Being Super-Hamazura-y is a double-edged sword.
>>
How did Accelerator take Touma's full-power punch so easily?

A hit from him is enough to disorientated even tougher guys.
>>
>>116878808
Yes, in Railgun D.
>>
>>116878604
Saronia. She's as retarded as Mugino.
>>
>>116879703
I dunno. Maybe if he had the power to negate supernatural phenomena. He'd just get caught by her spell and have no counter for it. Plus, he has no knowledge of thaumaturgy.
>>
>>116878604
William "just a normal magician" Orwell
>>
>“An upperclassman told me that ‘it’s her birthday today, so how about setting a flower out for her’. I didn’t know what she meant, so I thought I would visit that mountaintop to find out.”

So someone told him to get flowers for someone for their birthday and his immediate response is to go out into the fucking mountains to pick flowers for someone he doesn't even know despite being wounded?
>>
>>116881792
NT11 was full of contrivances and forced scenes.
>>
Could it be that Touma's multiple cases of brain damage were actually on purpose?
>>
>>116882398
What if Aleister deliberately has Touma's memories of Shokuhou disappear?

What if he deliberately destroyed his memories during the Index incident?
>>
>>116879370
He got his head kicked in by Kihara a lot, now he has +4 blunt force resistance
>>
>>116855893
Gunha x Mikoto is my OTP.

They are perfect for each other in personality.
>>
>>116884018
That's cruel.

Look, Gunha's a great guy. No one can deny that.

But literally the only person capable of having a prolonged conversation with him is probably Kamijou Touma. Everyone else would just give up.
>>
>>116884252
But Mikoto have conversations with loads of people. What are you getting at?
>>
>>116881792
>>116882155
Not as weird as you may think, considering the last time Seria called him, it led him right to Tsuchimikado and Agitate Halation.
>>
>>116884460
I'm saying he's a pain to converse with.

>"So what are you up to toda---"
>"GUTS"
>"Um...so about that econo--"
>"GUTS!!!"
>"I. Uh. Are you hung--"
>GUUUUUTTTTSSSSS!!!!"
>>
>>116884460
he's an idiot and too durable for comedic slap stick. a tsundere would need to hit him with a truck while screaming baka to get a response.
>>
File: 1391603492492.png (69 KB, 634x802) Image search: [Google]
1391603492492.png
69 KB, 634x802
Reminder of who the true winner of the Toumabowl will be.
>>
>>116856654
Accelerator was never a good benchmark of anyone's capacity when the fag can just stand there and not do anything while his opponents kill themselves. The only people who have beaten him did it through ridiculous plot devices and asspulls.

Mikoto's weakness comes from the fact that she won't fight to kill. I don't know if the author will ever put her in a fight where her own life is at stake and there's no possibility of running away. It would be interesting to know if she would cross the line to save Touma or keep herself alive against an opponent that wasn't essentially blackmailing her to some degree.
>>
File: 1410324842694.jpg (2 MB, 4644x2718) Image search: [Google]
1410324842694.jpg
2 MB, 4644x2718
Mikoto falls into a weird power range, so unlikely. 90% of the cast she either steamrolls or will get steamrolled in a straight fight. The only way to make the majority of her fights interesting is to either severely gimp her (Frenda), or create a situation where she is a hard counter to an opponent that would normally be eons ahead of her (Brunhild, the Saint who prefers using a huge metal sword and rarely ever uses spells)
>>
File: 1391859615454.png (602 KB, 1200x1452) Image search: [Google]
1391859615454.png
602 KB, 1200x1452
>>116884771
Touma wants a normal life with a normal lover.

Only someone as utterly normal as Gunha would be able to meet his standards.
>>
>>116884692
>a tsundere would need to hit him with a truck while screaming baka
>implying a truck would be enough
Trains, man. Mighty Thor can vouch for that.
>>
>>116884692

>a tsundere would need to hit him with a truck while screaming baka to get a response.

That sounds far funnier than the normal tsun-punch bullshit. Would watch.
>>
>>116857337
you could beat her with a sniper rifle that shoots rubber bullets just hit her in the head if it doesnt kill her it will knock her out. She cant detect the bullet as it flies towards her either since its rubber.
>>
>>116884649
I don't know, Gunha and Mikoto seemed to click pretty well in the side story I read. Their personalities compliment each other since they're both hot-headed and competitively spirited.

>>116884692
That actually sounds awesome. Gunha shrugging off of Mikoto going biribiri and casually walking towards her like it's nothing and further pushing her buttons would be cute.
>>
Is Railgun S worth watching after they introduce the non-canon loli character?
>>
>>116885005

>She cant detect the bullet as it flies towards her either since its rubber.

I hope you aren't serious.
>>
>>116885084
No. STUDY isn't even canon.
>>
>>116885084
Not in the slightest
>>
>>116885005
What are you talking about? Of course she'd detect it.

I mean, look. She has an electromagnetic field around her, right? How is she not gonna sense that something's pierced her field?
>>
>>116884859
>I don't know if the author will ever put her in a fight where her own life is at stake and there's no possibility of running away. It would be interesting to know if she would cross the line to save Touma or keep herself alive against an opponent that wasn't essentially blackmailing her to some degree.

That sounds like endgame material. Too she would have to take a protagonic role in order for that to happen, and we all know she will always be a secondary character whose only purpose in the plot is to pointlessly lust after Touma.
>>
>>116885084

Nope.
>>
>>116885084
Yes, best part of the Raildex franchise and STUDY is the baddest bunch of motherfuckers to ever grace Academy City.
>>
>>116885105
she cant her ability detects bioelectric fields which are generated from living beings
>>
File: nope.jpg (307 KB, 727x1053) Image search: [Google]
nope.jpg
307 KB, 727x1053
>>116885215

No, her ability is like a fucking radar. Hence why she is able to detect objects coming at her like in pic related.
>>
>>116885153
From what i read the ability has an active and passive form it only detects nonliving objects when active. When passive it only detects living beings so she'd have to have a reason to put it on active 24/7
>>
>>116885138
>>116885146
>>116885172
Good. I felt bad dropping it after the first half was so good I even enjoyed all of the original Railgun anime but that loli arc just looked so bad.
>>
>>116885389
wasnt that because the object in question was metallic?
>>
File: dzFzPeM.png (888 KB, 992x1000) Image search: [Google]
dzFzPeM.png
888 KB, 992x1000
>>116885389
that shit is op and I love it
>>
>>116885482
And yet, among the Level 5s, she's only mid-ranked. The lot of them are real monsters.
>>
I want Touma to fight against someone in a real no-holds-barred fistfight. Everyone he's fought is either no match for him physically or completely overwhelming. I want to see him fight someone on even terms with just their fists.
>>
>>116885482
>tfw Mikoto's ahoge is hidden most of the time
She looks even cuter with it, now I'm trying to imagine WORST and the mom with ahoges
>>
File: 1344218674358.jpg (2 MB, 1185x1673) Image search: [Google]
1344218674358.jpg
2 MB, 1185x1673
>>116885169
Or it could happen in Railgun.

Honestly, the fun in Mikoto's fights is to see her exploring and pulling off new applications and uses of her powers. She has the most versatile powers.
>>
>>116884887
Misaka is a very strong, but straightforward fighter. She's just like Saber, come to think of it. Both are heroines who are all stats, no tactics. Their trump card is the epitome of their style—giant laser, pew pew.

I think, speaking in general terms, characters like them lose to underdogs and win when they're cornered, which is the opposite of what you'd expect from such a straightforward fighter, and that's what keeps their fights interesting from a narrative point. Other possible situations just aren't included in the narrative.
>>
>>116885587
So Hamazura?
>>
>>116885452
Different anon. In that case, yes. But it also works on non-metallic objects too, as, IIRC, when she fought against Frenda and intercepted blast fragments.
>>
>>116885452

No. Like the picture says, she's constantly emitting electromagnetic waves. Whatever the waves bounce off, she can sense. Like a radar works in real life. So it doesn't matter if something is rubber, if it still bounces EM waves, she'll know it's there.

What you should be asking is how her friends haven't developed cancer yet due to prolonged exposure to highly concentrated radiation/EM waves. For that, lolespermagic
>>
>>116884887
I only just noticed that Rhinoceros beetle 5's base mode is above Gunha, Terra Stiyl and the like, is it just me or did the beetle itself not display anything all that impressive?
>>
>>116885646
No way. In terms of versatility she's unusually high, even for a Level 5.

One might even argue that she's more overall versatile than Accelerator is. She can hack databases, she has a radar, she can manipulate certain objects even without necessarily touching them, and she can do a whole bunch of shit. And she knows how to use her powers in a large variety of ways too.

It's just that her personality is really straightforward, so she'll usually choose the straightest possible route unless it becomes necessary for her to try something else.
>>
>>116885636
Accelerator and Biribiri are my most favorite science side characters by powers alone. I could never get bored discussing about their powers.
>>
>Magic side has gotten so overpowered that Science has virtually no hope of catching up or even remaining relevant
This is the real reason why Kamachi keeps Mikoto around in the novels, and why he splurged on Misaki recently. With the Gremlin arc the powerlevels went crazy and Touma is in uncharted waters, that's why he needs a couple of familiar faces from the Science side to hang around.
>>
>>116857337
Electricty can literally vaporize a person when its values are set at maximum. She can fire harmless lightning bolts and emit sparks that are fatal when touched. That's the degree of control she has. A mage who encounters her without prep isn't going to ever have an easy time of it. Not to mention there are probably very few mages who operate without any metal or spells that don't employ the electromagnetic spectrum to some degree.
>>
File: iRX4G1i.png (297 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
iRX4G1i.png
297 KB, 1280x720
>>116885604
mikoto is the cutest, ahoge or not
>>
>>116885781
Accelerator can do a lot, he just doesn't normally think to, this is the guy who can reprogram a brain by touching a loli's forehead
>>
>>116885809
Don't worry, Aleister is working on it. He won't let the herertical magic side win, let alone those magic gods to do whatever they want!

>>116885830
Cute vector. I'm saving it.
>>
>>116885005
Nope. She vaporized a cermaic bomb that detonated at near point blank range next to her head. Rubber won't stand up to electricity at maximum output.
>>
File: 1264306459832.png (545 KB, 642x1043) Image search: [Google]
1264306459832.png
545 KB, 642x1043
I missed these threads.
>>
>Raildex thread with discussion about esper powers and SCIENCE
>no Mikotohater in sight
Oh man, it's been so long since we had a decent thread. Did the faggot get banned for good this time?
>>
>>116886001
>Not in sight
>Literally like the second post
>>
>>116885809
I wonder if he will keep them around now that we're about to enter into the real Magic Gods arc.
>>
>>116885778
i don't think he should either, they were pretty much just tanks even connected to the DM source but 5 on its own was not that strong.
>>
>>116886001
He is in here though, as seen from the copypasta. He's probably busy shitposting in another thread.
>>
>>116886043
Accel might be able to since he's around angel tier but it'll be hard to keep Mikotot relevant that's for sure
>>
>>116885646

It's more of the fact that Mikoto COULD be a very nasty fighter, but her personality holds her back from fighting dirtier.

Theoretically she could do all sorts of shit to opponents. Some of it was even explored, like the clones fucking with oxygen levels or when she accidentally peeked into Stripper Milf's mind. She was shown to be capable of hacking many Five_OVERs at once, so she could make her fire power retardedly high via artillery. She should be able to control all sorts of shit like AC helicopters and such. The possibilities are pretty huge, really.
>>
>>116885713
muh magik
>>
Reminder that Mikoto could beat Accelerator by jamming his connection tot he network.
>>
>>116886001
Are you trying to temp fate by drawing attention to Misaka's personality instead of just letting people talk?
>>
>>116886105
she just doesn't have the will to kill people is the problem
>>
>>116884887
>Rensa with Accel's wings
>Being higher than base Othinus, Ollerus, Fiamma, etc

The fuck.
>>
>>116886043
>>116886088
>>116886191
I wonder when/if we'll see Nuit again in the LNs.

>>116886201
I never mentioned her personality. And anyway he flames a lot of girls from like a dozen series, I bet he's occupied in a Nisekoi thread or something.
>>
>>116886105
Isn't she like magneto tier broken in reality but PLOT stops her from breaking everything with bullshit magnetism?
>>
>>116886191
i dunno man, i recal accel being able to stop teleporter shit so trying to send electromagnetic whatever to something on his neck might be preventable. or it would cause him to angel out.
>>
>>116886294
She's not a very clever person. She still hasn't figured out how Touma's power works.
>>
>>116886256
We might if she learns how to connect directly to the Network.

Imagine, a Level 5 backed up by the computational power of 10,000 clones, all with the same power.
>>
>>116886237
Othinus for one has a blue border but I'll agree that being above Ollerus is kinda whack when obviously Beetle and Touma beat her with few problems. She's likely there because it's implied she got to the same tier as Accel with them
>>
>>116886312
Except he doesn't have his reflection on from day to day anymore, really anyone who takes Accel by surprise at this point can beat him
>>
File: 1415426820332.png (2 MB, 1381x1026) Image search: [Google]
1415426820332.png
2 MB, 1381x1026
What kind of powerup do you guys think mikoto could get in the future? The network idea is cool. Do you think she will unlock wings somehow or will she remain in the weak state she's in now(in comparison to how ridiculous the antagonists are)
>>
>>116886105
>>116886294
Well, it's not like she's the Hulk. She literally runs out of batteries and there's a limit to how many Railguns she can fire off consecutively. I figure Mikoto is capable of doing a lot of things in theory, but she lacks the stamina to handle them all at the same time.

Like, maybe she can probably control a dozen helicopters, but the whole time she'll have to do it sitting down with Kuroko fanning her and massaging her shoulders. Or
>>
>>116886237
isn't that cripple fiamma though?
i could have sworn othi had three before, one for base, another for success, and another gungnir
ollerus should be higher but i have no idea how high, he scared thor off and he matches blows with othi but othi auto fails when she crosses him.
>>
>>116886539
The railgun isn't even close to her strongest attack though, it's just what she's most know for.
>>
>>116886529
I'm holding out on wings. She would be insanely awesome with wings.
>>
>>116886529
The only powerup I can see for her is connecting to the Misaka Network and using it as a sort of Level Upper.
>>
>>116886256
what was nuit again?
>>
>>116886529
Network & potentially wings though I'd bet on some kinda of electrical Appendage or propulsion instead, possibly as her understanding of magnetism grows she become more aware that her powers are really fucking broken..... If she doesn't remain such a dunce that is
>>
Who would win in an eating contest, Index or Saber?
>>
File: NT_Index_v09_003-005.jpg (2 MB, 3805x2000) Image search: [Google]
NT_Index_v09_003-005.jpg
2 MB, 3805x2000
>>116886529
>Still no NT9 and NT10
Update time?
>>
>>116886700
she's the egyptian godesss who embodies "heaven" itself and mikoto has been speculated to have a connection to her
>>
>>116886370
More like Touma makes people around them stupid.
>>
>>116886773
Goku
>>
File: NT_Index_v10_002-005.jpg (2 MB, 5232x2000) Image search: [Google]
NT_Index_v10_002-005.jpg
2 MB, 5232x2000
>>116886797
>>
>>116886700
Egyptian goddess of the sky

She's more important in Crowleys stuff though
>>
File: billybilly.png (2 MB, 1381x1026) Image search: [Google]
billybilly.png
2 MB, 1381x1026
>>116886797
Hey, man, I updated it up to NT9.

I'm just lazy as fuck.
>>
>>116886824
No. Every single person that was NOT Misaka figured out how his power generally works within minutes. Misaka not figuring out to avoid his hand goes above and beyond the norm.
>>
>>116886841

>No based catholic pope

Fuck it.
>>
File: oishii uguu.jpg (35 KB, 225x350) Image search: [Google]
oishii uguu.jpg
35 KB, 225x350
>>116886797
>titular character is that tiny

>>116886773
HanaKana
>>
>>116886408
Even at 50/50, Othinus can win by trying consecutively. Her base power as a Majin is just too strong anyhow.

>>116886542
Incomplete Fiamma would still blow Rensa away. His Third Arm is already more or less is at least on par with IB.
>>
File: NT_Index_v08_063.png (378 KB, 1100x1600) Image search: [Google]
NT_Index_v08_063.png
378 KB, 1100x1600
>>116886841

Magical loli squad is the best.
>>
>>116886539

She controlled like 50 Five_OVER Railgun-models at once with relative ease, but she got messed up because Touma kept messing with her control over a few with his hand. Then she had to try to regain control over them before they actually killed him, because she never wanted to go for lethal force in the first place.

See, if she had wanted to actually kill him, she could have just unleashed her army of gattling Railguns on him and turned him to paste. But the fact that she loves him/is a good person gets in the way.

While she does have a limit, she was still able to run away from a team of assassins and get the better of a comparable Level 5 even after days of sleep depredation. Her output is pretty tremendous. Level 5's in general are described as people who could take on armies by themselves if they are cornered.

Really, her biggest problem is that her power involves electricity. A common trope in shonens is for opponents to "outspeed" the protag or whatever. Lightning moves fucking fast though, so even people who move at supersonic speeds are fucked. But she's limited at the same time because she's fucking fragile. She cant do anything to stop a supersonic fist from caving in her skull because while her power is fast, she herself has human reaction speeds. The only reason Brunhild was repeled successfully was because she uses a giant metal sword and Mikoto was able to use magnetic fuckery to stop her for a second. If Brunhild had used her fist alone, Mikoto would be paste.
>>
>>116886542
>>116887013

What did Fiamma really lose in power with his arm? He can do the autowin bitchslap just fine and NT8 showed he can still cast magic. Magic that wounded fucking OTHINUS.
>>
File: billybilly.png (2 MB, 1381x1432) Image search: [Google]
billybilly.png
2 MB, 1381x1432
>>116886886
There, it's updated.
>>
File: Uiharu orgasm.jpg (53 KB, 574x576) Image search: [Google]
Uiharu orgasm.jpg
53 KB, 574x576
>>116884018
>implying a female with a strong character and agency needs a pair

Misaka + Misaki running the light side of academy city, one true platonic partnership. Misaka would chair the board of all the top companies while Misaki would become mayor, with their political and economic might crushing anyone. And if that fails, zappity mind control.
>>
>>116887209
Whoa, NT10 looks completely different from NT9.
>>
>>116887209
Her hair color keeps changing even under the same circumstances.
Thread replies: 227
Thread images: 30

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.