[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has Berserk jumped the shark?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 96
File: asking about dubs on a.png (90 KB, 500x390) Image search: [Google]
asking about dubs on a.png
90 KB, 500x390
Well, has it?

Since Schierke, Fantasia and all the magic crap the series has gotten a lot less interesting for me and Imoura's snail riding on a turtle riding on a fat man riding on a scooter pace has only made this worse.

Black Swordsman, Golden Years, Lost Children and Convinction are all amazing but after Guts got his jrpg party nothing has really engrossed me like the earlier stuff.

Has Berserk gotten worse, or just changed?
>>
>>116465094
Black Swordsman wasn't amazing.
>>
>>116465094
It isn't even worth discussing because Miura will die before we ever get an ending to be disappointed by. He literally does not give a fuck anymore, he has enough money to chill and play idolmaster. He gives zero fucks about his fanbase and their expectations.
>>
>>116465375
Or drawing Berserk is hard and now that he's older he has to slow down and play Idol Master or his brain with expload. Working hard on one thing for such a long period can wear you down.
>>
>>116465375
>He gives zero fucks about his fanbase and their expectations.
Very good. Every real artist should be like that.

>>116465094
If you really consider early Berserk amazing then the problem is your poor taste.
>>
>>116465303
Yeah, it wasn't great, but I like how it sets up the story. It introduces you to Guts as a ridiculously strong, heavily scarred asshole who fights fucked up monsters with a sword the size of a car. Then it jumps back to show you his whole life story to show how he got to that point.

I can't help but think now, how would The Golden Years have been without the Black Swordsmen arc preceeding it, better or worse?

>>116465375
Yeah, I don't expect an ending anymore, if he finishes, he finishes.
>>
>>116465527
>I can't help but think now, how would The Golden Years have been without the Black Swordsmen arc preceeding it, better or worse?
Frankly, it wouldn't be different. Black Swordsman is almost completely pointless.
>>
He wrote himself into a corner and is now doing what Kosuke Fujishima did with Oh My Goddess.
>>
>>116465736
What?
>>
>>116465094
>Jumping the shark is an idiom created by Jon Hein that was used to describe the moment in the evolution of a television show when it begins a decline in quality, signaled by a particular scene, episode, or aspect of a show in which the writers use some type of "gimmick" in an attempt to keep viewers' interest.
What would be the jumping the shark moment for Berserk?
>>
File: 1415179403169 (1).png (3 MB, 2668x4331) Image search: [Google]
1415179403169 (1).png
3 MB, 2668x4331
>>116465375

Honestly, after putting out 2 chapters a month without a break for 14 years, I can put up with all the hiatuses that Berserk has now. No normal person could draw something like this every two weeks without burning out.
>>
>everything in Berserk built to the Eclipse
>has been going nowhere ever since
It just doesn't make any fucking sense because he had already set up the revenge against the Apostles happening but suddenly he doesn't want to drive the story anywhere anymore.
>>
>>116465863
>What would be the jumping the shark moment for Berserk?

Death of Casca
>>
Did they ever get off the boat?
>>
>>116465094

Hasn't jumped the shark it just refuses to move forward.

Guts and company are still on that goddamn boat and for all the political intrigue, it's just gonna all amount to wasting time.
>>
>Naruto has begun and ended
>Gutts is still stuck on a boat.
>>
>>116465094
fuck you i love loli magic girls in my gritty manga!
>>
>>116465916
>has been going nowhere ever since
You're actually too dumb for this manga.
>>
I stopped reading Berserk in 2006

Should I just say fuck it and marathon the rest?
>>
The TV series was better.
>>
>>116466266
There's only like 3 chapters you've missed, so sure why not?
>>
>>116466284

tell me why
>>
>>116466190
Not him, but really, not a lot has happened. In the long, A LOT of what happened after the eclipse will probably end up being superfluous.

Lost Children is fun, but its pretty much, Guts rocks up at a place and kills the local monster as far as I remember.

Also, the fights in Berserk are ass now. It's like watching Dragon Ball Z.
>>
>>116466798
Watch it for yourself you shitlord.
>>
>>116466840
>this retardation

tell me why
>>
>>116466808
>A LOT of what happened after the eclipse will probably end up being superfluous
Nonsense. Every big arc is a build-up to some important event. Is Griffith's reincarnation superfluous? What about Berserker Armor? Or the war with Ganishka?
Berserk is slow, yes. But outside of very few parts everything is essential to the main plot.
>>
>>116466798
Not him, it covers what is arguably the best part of Berserk and has a couple of changes which some people prefer. It also looks nice and has an incredibly well casted english dub.
>>
File: human garbage.png (162 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
human garbage.png
162 KB, 320x320
>>116466840
>shitlord
>>
>>116467010
>It also looks nice
No, just no.
>>
>>116466931
>being too retarded to watch something yourself

You must be Republican.
>>
>>116467089
Tell me why you're afraid
>>
File: the prince of czecholslovakia.jpg (291 KB, 1915x816) Image search: [Google]
the prince of czecholslovakia.jpg
291 KB, 1915x816
>>116466933
Your doubles raise a decent point, maybe things were just kind of slow. A lot of it sure FELT like the story was just faffing around, but now I'm now I'll have to think about this.

>>116467087
I thought it looked nice. What are some problems with it?
>>
>>116467087
If you dislike the anime style of the late 90s/early 2000s, sure. Either you like it or you don't, but it's not ugly.
>>
>>116467178
>What are some problems with it?
Animation.
>>116467244
I'm talking mainly about the animation, I like the artstyle.
>>
>>116467367
To be fair, it still looks nice despite that. It just doesn't move nice. It's just not that well animated, that doesn't mean it can't look nice.
>>
>>116465669
I think the main question is, would reading golden years be the same if you didn't know that Griffith's betrayal was inevitably going to happen and that everything was a setup to Guts getting ultra-mad at him and becoming a wandering demon hunter?
>>
File: 1411253869265.jpg (110 KB, 610x880) Image search: [Google]
1411253869265.jpg
110 KB, 610x880
jumped the shierke
>>
>>116465524
Miyazaki please go.
>>
>>116467996
Hue

That animation style makes food look very unappealing. Is this supposed to make me want to buy things?
>>
>>116465905
Where did you get your scans?

My animebytes scans are half the size
>>
>>116465863
Guts putting on the armor. It's been a defining moment to when the fights stopped being "Guts outmaneuvering enemies, using swordsmanship and his tools with the skills he developed in years of battles on the edge" and became "Oh, enemy is pretty strong, let's go berserk on it and pay the consequences later".
>>
Berserk is really the story of true forgiveness.

Griffith and Guts will hug it out.
>>
>>116468352
I think you mean they will naked water splash fight it out. If it were to all end like that I probably wouldn't mind.

>>116468313
This is so right, the fights just became totally uninteresting after the armor came into things.

Also, Puck going perma funny-face and having 2/3rds of the dialogue wasn't the greatest thing to happen to Berserk but that was a more gradual thing.
>>
>>116468313
>Guts outmaneuvering enemies, using swordsmanship and his tools with the skills he developed in years of battles on the edge
There was a battle like that in volume 35. You're grossly exaggerating.
The armor is a parallel of Guts and Skull Knight's lives.
>>
>>116468313
>"Oh, enemy is pretty strong, let's go berserk on it and pay the consequences later".
Guts doesn't really control it, and he never defeated a powerful enemy as the berserker.
>>
>>116469241
Schierke isn't a probelm on her own, really. She was just probably the biggest shift Berserk made from Golden Age type stuff to Fantasia stuff.

I like Berserk best when it was relatively low fantasy stuff. Guts, Griffith and Casca's relationship and Midland's war with that rival kingdom were a lot more compelling than "NO, I MUST KILL MONSTERS." "NO GUTS, YOU ARE MONSTERS." And then Guts was Berserk.
>>
File: serpy.png (265 KB, 496x527) Image search: [Google]
serpy.png
265 KB, 496x527
>>116466808
Here is my quick, drunk, rundown of what has happened after the eclipse and why it's significant.

>Lost Children
basically a better understanding of both Guts' solitude/hatred of demons AND of how apostles come to be and that they could be ANYONE (if the eclipse wasn't enough explanation). this is the first bit of black swordsman we get since the beginning and we get why he acts all edgy and shit now

>Retribution
this is where guts and casca are re-united AND where farnese (representing the organized religion and even rational thought to some extent) witness and embrace the true nature and supernatural of their world. it also brings griffith, instead of femto, back into the story

>Millennium Falcon
this is really just griffith using apostles and demons to take over the land, but it's also the part where guts gets his plot armor and the rest of the gang understand their roles, especially that shierk aint nothing to fuck with

>Boat/Falconia Arc
it's reasonable to hate on the fact that they're still on the boat after fight literally the same monster four times in a row, but at least the falconia/fantasia shit was happening at the same time. this is where it gets really interesting.

falconia is fucked. for sure. whether griffith actually knows it or not, everyone in that city is just food for the godhand. this has been foreshadowed and hinted at. demons fighting along side humans is nice and all but it's all an act. that city is fucked.

we'll just have to wait and see what happens
>>
>>116465094
It just changed. I think it's as great as ever, aside from the slow releases.
I'm usually the first guy to jump at the slightest hint of bullshit in a manga story. But Berserk is pretty damn innocent.
Of course, some of the story elements so far, including Jesus Griffith and the introduction of human magic users, could've easily been quite disastrous. But no, they were done carefully, and very well written into the story. Did they come out of nowhere? Maybe sort of, but they worked. And the Black Swordsman arc had prompted us to expect the unexpected.
>>
I, very recently (maybe two weeks ago? Something like that), read Berserk for the first time. Read it in one sitting. Took me like 3 oor 4 days.

Other than the amazing art becoming godly, it has not changed from chapter 1 to the latest one. Puck has always been there for a reason.

Just think of the Golden Age arc. There were even less battles than now there - and a lot of more magic. There's just more magic in Guts' side now - and there was always some, in the form of Puck - but that doesn't make it much different.

After marathoning Berserk, I'm now on a Tezuka binge. I had already read Atom, Phoenix, MW, Metropolis and some more, but I've now marathoned Ayako, Barbara, Black Jack and Adolf. Currently reading Buddha. Also, I always thought MW was the most fucked up Tezuka work, but fuck that. Ayako will break your soul. It feels like proto-Punpun.
>>
>>116466174
Goddammit
>>
>>116466808
>>116465916

Don't judge a manga by the time you've spent reading it but by the content per chapter.

If you relate the content of the ship arcs with previous arcs its not in any grand varying length to some of the other arcs that have been done. The issue is the hiatus. Him loses pages on his brief return also slow progress but we are getting plenty of information and development on multiple fronts. We may not get another big battle at sea any more. And if we do it may just be once more before we reach elf land. Then something awful is going to happen to force everything into chaos.
>>
File: o rly m8.png (660 KB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
o rly m8.png
660 KB, 1280x800
>>116470649
>Implying Guts is anywhere near getting off the boat.
>>
>>116470717
Bitch, he got off the boat, and got a qt3.14 party member in the process too.

He just had to go back to the fucking boat because set fail for one piece.

>in b4 hurr moe
He got two new male party members when he got on the boat.
>>
>>116470108

All of this. Plus another thing I felt was foreshadowing was the usage of the Band of Hawks. Guts initial return to find Casca missing mentions him abandoning what was left of the Hawks/Casca/flames. When Griffith returned to Farnese the people asked Griffith to name themselves the Hawks again. This shows that the Farnese people are seeking Salvation from the Hawks. On one end we have Guts and Casca representing the Hawks and Griffith playing Hawks with the people of Farnese. This is all a play on the Anti Christ mythos with Griffith being the false prophet.

Casca existence is almost metaphysical. Not only does her state of mind reflect the state of the Berserk world but she's also the direct/goal/purpose of Gut's brute force. Gut's isn't fighting for humanity. Isn't even fighting for himself any more. He let people die for his fight for revenge. This only eventually turned into a fight to keep Casca alive. When she comes back into herself will mark the direction in which humanity in universe will have to go and focus Guts into a cause. And from this struggle we will get the True Prophet from Casca's child.
>>
>>116471114
That is some deep shit anon.
>>
>>116468313
>Oh, enemy is pretty strong, let's go berserk on it and pay the consequences later
You mean, like the fight against the Count from volumes 2 and 3?

He went full berserk and wouldn't have been able to win if it wasn't for Puck, just like in the latest chapters he went full berserk and wouldn't have been able to win if it wasn't for the armor/Schierke.

Same shit, anon.
>>
>>116470717
Guts will get off soon, don't worry. There's really no point in showing the ship sailing anymore, and I'm sure Miura is well aware.
>>
Am I the only one who thoroughly enjoyed the Black Swordsman arc?
>>
File: 1380844301240.gif (1 MB, 418x300) Image search: [Google]
1380844301240.gif
1 MB, 418x300
>>116465905
> I can put up with all the hiatuses that Berserk has now. No normal person could draw something like this every two weeks without burning out.
Murata would like a word with you.
Current Berserk is such fucking garbage and his "hiatuses" are bullshit for whatever reason.
Current Berserk is garbage as well.
>>
>>116465905
>No normal person could draw something like this every two weeks

Yeah okay, but by all means keep excusing Miuras laziness
>>
File: 1378003900406.gif (3 MB, 418x300) Image search: [Google]
1378003900406.gif
3 MB, 418x300
>>116472007
>Current Berserk is garbage as well.
I didn't mean to type that twice.
Hurry up and come out so I can sleep Naruto.
>>
And that's what I'm reading Vinland Saga instead.

It's going somewhere and it's going to be finished properly.

Plus Thorfinn has a waifu now.
>>
>>116472152
Vinland Saga was better, when Thorfinn was a sick, violent badass.
Not trying to sound edgy, just in manga it's more e tertaining than farming or sailing.
>>
>>116472246
gb2/gantz and linkin park/, then
>>
>>116472246
He'll probably return back to being that, or at least killing

>Actually traveling Europe back the and not killing someone

There's no way.
>>
>>116472246
Yes.
But it's still good.
Besides... I like character development, so stepping out of war was needed... Besides we had Knut to give us some violence back...
I prefer that over shounen with plot and characters contrived in order to have a fight a week.
>>
>>116465303
>Black Swordsman wasn't amazing.

It was really nice dark fantasy/horror. I liked it at that level. There's some really creepy stuff.
>>
>>116472298
First part of Gantz was good anon.
In general I don't like super gory stuff, but for some reason Gantz appealed to me. The fact everyone could die an horrible death including the MC and innocent children really gave incredible tension to the fight.

Also is the second part as bad as a/ makes it to be ?
>>
>>116472508
No, it's worse.
>>
>>116473093
Why ?
>>
>>116471114
>people of Farnese

You can drink with me anytime, anon.

>Casca's metaphysical existence

What do you make of her true self existing in some capacity in the Ideal world? The realm is made up of beings created from the emotions, symbols and ideals of mens' hearts, and right now Casca is more like a symbol of hope for Guts rather than the woman he fell in love with. It's pretty dehumanizing, but at the same time, Griffith having none of the personality of his pre-Eclipse self means that he has also been completely dehumanized.

>>116472469
I don't really think Guts can ever go back to that brutal yet somewhat tsundere person he used to be, let alone the goofy, laidback guy he was in the Golden Age. Character development has made him very depressed, and when he isn't fighting he's more often than not in bed recovering.
>>
>>116471114
>On one end we have Guts and Casca representing the Hawks and Griffith playing Hawks with the people of Farnese
As made blatantly clear in the latest chapter by Rickert.
>>
>>116465094
>Berserk

Who?
>>
>>116472016
>>116472007
Onepunch mind
>>
>>116465094
Yeah, it should've stopped not longer after the Golden Years. It would've sucked for them but hey, at least the good memories would still remain intact.

Now that ship had sailed and it's too late.

I blame the videogames they let Miura play
>>
>>116465094
it hasn't jumped the shark.
>>
File: 1396507438370.gif (3 MB, 260x204) Image search: [Google]
1396507438370.gif
3 MB, 260x204
>>116474407
Miura should capitalize more on Berserk video games, I imagine killing a load of demonic shit would be therapeutic for us as well as Guts.
>>
>being Naruto fan
>tfw can witness how it's end

HAHAHAHAH SUCKS TO BE U BERSERKFAGS
>>
>>116465094

Not jumped the shark, it's just a different feel to it than it had back before the dark tower thingie arc.

s'not BAD, just diff.

>>116465303

Black Swordsman was generic as fuck, looking back on it, certainly nothing worth the waits we're getting.
>>
>>116474857
Moot was right in having nurutu banned from /a/.

How has he fallen so low?
>>
File: guts' knight in shining armor.jpg (2 MB, 3000x4284) Image search: [Google]
guts' knight in shining armor.jpg
2 MB, 3000x4284
>>116475524
He picked the wrong Yuko Miyamura character for his waifu.
>>
>>116475524
Hanging out with SJWs and other normalfag undesirables.
>>
>>116476739
Reminds me of that batman becoming villain long enough something something quote.
>>
>>116479500
You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain.

Not like that antisemitism-banning cripple at the other chan is any better, mind you.
>>
What was so good about Lost Children? Didn't he just travel to some bum ass town and defeat a bum ass villain? Am I forgetting something that happened?
>>
>>116479876
Fernese.
>>
File: HERESY.png (442 KB, 394x750) Image search: [Google]
HERESY.png
442 KB, 394x750
>>116479876
It was just pure Guts being cool before things got silly. Not my favourite part, but still entertaining.

By the way, I'm OP. Still here.
>>
>>116480018
Then reread this, which I posted: >>116470541
>>
>>116465094
Maybe Miura just got tired of so much darkness and wanted to light it up a little. It's going way too slow though, I give you that
>>
>>116466174
kek
>>
>>116480496
>kek
>>
>>116480565
kek
>>
>>116479876
It showed how far Guts had gone
>>
>>116479876
It's subtle, brutal, shows Guts as a force of fucking nature and completely destructive.

It's a perfect self contained story with enough emotion to make it perfect.
It really is just some hero traveling into town where the town is plagued by a monster annoying and killing them.

But it's the journey Guts shows on his way to killing that makes it amazing.
>>
>>116465094
Berserk has gotten better and better idiot.
>>
>>116479876
It shows how far Guts has degenerated
It eases the story back into the black swordsman era after being low fantasy for so long
Its another story about how innocent and cruel children can be
>>
>>116469241
I agree with you on Black Swordsman, but Conviction wasn't edgy at all.

As for Schierke, I don't really dislike her, but I dislike the overall switch of the manga from dark fantasy to a more generic high fantasy. It's not "bad", but it's just not really Berserk anymore.
>>116472508
Gantz felt boring and pointless to me.
>>116473425
Well, he still has some of his personality.
>>116474755
I agree.
>>116475524
Most popular anime/manga should probably be banned from /a/. It's not like they can easily be discussed anywhere else, anyway.
>>
>>116483045
>but Conviction wasn't edgy at all

Meh, I still think Berserk went a bit too anti-religion with its whole atheism themes in that arc.

It could be seen as slightly edgy.
>>
File: 1415153069625.jpg (1 MB, 2252x1600) Image search: [Google]
1415153069625.jpg
1 MB, 2252x1600
>>116481310
I agree, while earlier arcs might have been better written individually it's the overall journey so far that has shaped how everything progresses, so I enjoy it more and more.
>>
>>116483326
It was really anti-theistic and cynical, but I don't know if I'd describe it as edgy. It didn't feel as adolescent as BS.
>>
File: Berserk_v34_p237_Color_Spread.jpg (4 MB, 4052x5684) Image search: [Google]
Berserk_v34_p237_Color_Spread.jpg
4 MB, 4052x5684
Will he be able to protect her smile?
>>
>>116483447
I mean edgy in its correct sense, not the 4chan term of edgy for the sake of it.

I'm not sure I would say that BS is adolescent but I will agree that it felt more mature and confident in itself on its message concerning theism and its role as an institution in the middle ages.

And not only that, Mozgus isn't really painted as this completely corrupt asshole either. So it doesn't fully paint one side as right but does have its central point in being cynical and anti-theistic.

>>116483516
Not when Guts will kill him.
And not mercenaries will rape and gut her stomach.
>>
File: 1414343999338.png (261 KB, 672x814) Image search: [Google]
1414343999338.png
261 KB, 672x814
>>116483619
She doesn't deserve that
>>
>>116483704
Yes she does.
A lot of characters in Berserk don't deserve the shit they've been through.

She's the only one who actually deserves to be given shit.
>>
>>116483770
Just because she likes Griffith?

Come on.
>>
>>116483619
>I mean edgy in its correct sense, not the 4chan term of edgy for the sake of it.
Honestly, I don't know the correct definition of edgy in this context.

>I'm not sure I would say that BS is adolescent
It was just so angsty and amateurish. I feel a bit embarrassed when I ready some parts of it. If Miura could still work fast, I'd say he should redo BS and GA someday.

>And not only that, Mozgus isn't really painted as this completely corrupt asshole either. So it doesn't fully paint one side as right but does have its central point in being cynical and anti-theistic.
And that's why I think it wasn't necessarily edgy.
>>116483704
>>116483770
>>116483851
Sonia did nothing wrong, and she doesn't deserve to suffer.
>>
>>116483851
No, because he stands out.
Because while everyone is afraid of Apostles and shit, she gives no damn.
Because while everyone cries and tembles at the mere sight of Griffith, she just gives no shit and raps herself round his cape like an autistic idiot who is self conscious that she's in a story.

>>116483924
She merged humans and Apostles together. She destroyed morality itself. It's akin to letting serial killers in a prison among our society and being cool with them living with us.
That isn't nothing wrong at all.

Might not be her intention but it's still her fault.
She absolutely deserves to suffer, die and be tortured until she's a slab on the battlefield, trampled by horsed with all her limbs dislocated and torn from their socked.
>>
>>116465905
Wow. Newly current reader here. No idea he once put them out so quick
>>
>>116484070
>No, because he stands out.
>Because while everyone is afraid of Apostles and shit, she gives no damn.
>Because while everyone cries and tembles at the mere sight of Griffith, she just gives no shit and raps herself round his cape like an autistic idiot who is self conscious that she's in a story.
So you're saying she's a nigger apologist?

Well, I guess I can see how some would consider her deserving of rape and murder when seen under that light...
>>
File: Berserk_v22_p150-151.png (547 KB, 2499x1800) Image search: [Google]
Berserk_v22_p150-151.png
547 KB, 2499x1800
>>116484070
Griffith did that, not Sonia. Sonia just gave the humans a morale boost so they could fight better. I don't see anything wrong with that.

>Because while everyone cries and tembles at the mere sight of Griffith, she just gives no shit and raps herself round his cape like an autistic idiot who is self conscious that she's in a story.
It wasn't always like that, though. Maybe she just got used to him after hanging out long enough?
>>
File: Berserk_v22_p154.png (444 KB, 1229x1800) Image search: [Google]
Berserk_v22_p154.png
444 KB, 1229x1800
>>116484281
>>
>>116484281
Sonia still took the initiative.
Griffith simply ended the war once Sonia made her moral speech. He was specifically waiting for her to do that so that it would make people accepting of magic.

Fighting had nothing to do with it.
Griffith simply swooped in, got to the heart of the Emperor and stopped/killed it.
>>
>>116484329
What was the whole legend behind a Godhand taking a physical form. Something about only once ever 1000 years if enough people desire it or something or other
>>
>>116484444
Griffith organized everything. He summoned the apostles, he made an army, he started including humans in it. He took the decision to attack Ganishka, he decided to have the humans fight along with the apostles, etc... All Sonia did was the speed and the reckless charge. Griffith did everything else.
>>116484552
I forgot the details.
>>
>>116472007
>>116472016
You mean Yusuke "I draw when I feel like and don't have set deadlines" Murata? He's GOAT tier and all and his posters for Jump's celebration and tribute drawings show off just how talented he really is, but his serialised manga isn't drawn as well as Berserk is and not written a tenth of how good Berserk is.

Seriously people shit on Muira because of his hiatuses but no one else is capable of what he's put together.
>>
>>116484671
She's part of the problem.
Griffith might be the brains, but even if Sonia was manipulated, she deserves to die.

Guilty by association.
>>
>>116483516
No, she only exists to be corrupted.
Sonia is too innocent and naive for this kind of story.
>>
By an interview done by people at Skullknight.net - we know that Miura works 15 hours a day.

So fuck off anyone who says he doesnt give a damn anymore.
>>
File: Berserk_v22_p147.png (431 KB, 1227x1800) Image search: [Google]
Berserk_v22_p147.png
431 KB, 1227x1800
>>116484835
Why? She seems to genuinely believe he's the savior of the world.
>>116484887
I don't believe that. Maybe it was true a while back, but certainly not now.
>>
I'd do Sonja
>>
File: Berserk_v22_p166.png (611 KB, 1221x1800) Image search: [Google]
Berserk_v22_p166.png
611 KB, 1221x1800
>>116484974
>>
>>116484974
>She seems to genuinely believe he's the savior of the world.
Good for her, she still doomed it.
>>
>Tripfags appeared
So, is thread kill?
>>
>>116465527
I read many articles recommending beginners to directly skip the Black Swordsman arc if they don't like it

actually personality of Femto is really weird when he confronts with Guts
>>
>>116485664
yeah it seemed like he was trying really hard to make it seem like he didn't care, as opposed to the later Godhand's utter non-interest in Gus'affairs.

>Volume 1: P-PETTY WORM. YOU ARE BENEATH OUT NOTICE

>Volume 14-37: ...
>>
>>116467975
Reading Black Swordsman arc made me thrilled and my despair grew desperately when the story came closer and closer to the Eclipse, so yes, it did make difference
>>
File: dude where my berserk.png (2 MB, 2560x1814) Image search: [Google]
dude where my berserk.png
2 MB, 2560x1814
>>116484974
I know to people who aren't hobbyists or don't draw it seems easy to draw this amount of detail in a short amount of time, but in reality it takes fucking weeks, that's why even Tite no backgrounds Kubo can only manage 18 pages a week.
>>
>>116467975
I think it would piss a lot of fans off if they came in expecting low fantasy, political shenanigans only for the series to pull a complete 180 a third of the way in.
>>
So what is Casca going to do when she becomes not crazy again? Is she eventually going o start fighting again, or will she just continue to be a burden on everyone?

I just hope she cuts that hair short, her long hair looks kind of retarded.
>>
>>116486091
Either we get a long, drawn out scene involving Casca blaming herself for everything, blaming griffith for everything, maybe even blaming guts. Then there'll be an argument on whether to stay safe together in elfhelm or journey back to confront griffith (no clue who would take each side) and then some comfy chapters of her getting acquainted with the new party and settling into a new niche.

Or Miura rushes it and we get a few spreads of hugging and crying before Casca comes back full fighting power ready to rumble.
>>
File: 1414495493323.jpg (25 KB, 255x253) Image search: [Google]
1414495493323.jpg
25 KB, 255x253
>>116486091
>Casca gets healed and is not crazy again
>She starts screaming at Guts
>IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT!!

This will happen
>>
>>116485988
I know it's not easy, but he used to be able to release chapters way faster, so either he got way slower somehow, or he's not working as much as before.
>>116486091
>I just hope she cuts that hair short, her long hair looks kind of retarded.
It's true, but maybe it could look better if it was styled differently.
>>
>>116486397
>so either he got way slower somehow, or he's not working as much as before.
He got old, pretty old
>>
>>116486397
The detail of his work has increased dramatically. I'm inclined to think he had assistants earlier on when he was drawing Berserk because honestly unless he used the behelit himself he shouldn't have been able to put out that quality work on his own.
>>
>>116486481
>>116486525
I wish Miura's art never improved beyond late Conviction. It had a perfect balance of details and personal style, and it was apparently much faster to draw.
>>
>>116486618
Conviction was my favourite as well but objectively his art now is far superior. And since everything is now involving gods and shit the whole scale of the story has been upped, and the artwork has to reflect that, which means more multipage spreads of highly detailed shit. Looks amazing but it must take forever to do. I've heard rumours that if Muira makes a mistake rather than rubbing it out he chucks the whole page away and starts again, hopefully that is just a rumour though.
>>
File: 1372163237030.png (1 MB, 900x1872) Image search: [Google]
1372163237030.png
1 MB, 900x1872
>>116486363
>>
>>116481310
How about you expand on that faggot.
>>
So, any word on when the next chapter is? Back in limbo?
>>
>>116487046
nobody is that autistic, are they?
>>
>>116488180
Monet
>>
>>116483402
YOU SEE THOSE BUILDINGS?
YOU COULD COUNT THE BRICKS THOSE BUILDINGS ARE FUCKING MADE OF
I COULD SHARPEN MY NIPPLES ON THOSE BUILDINGS, JUST LOOK AT THAT TIP
>>
File: 1387870738307.png (782 KB, 902x2552) Image search: [Google]
1387870738307.png
782 KB, 902x2552
Life is suffering.
>>
>>116490772
a wasted waifu is a wasted life
eternal suffering upon that man
>>
File: 1266799454243-5805.jpg (43 KB, 684x459) Image search: [Google]
1266799454243-5805.jpg
43 KB, 684x459
>>116491028
>3D
>waifu
>>
>>116491273
But she's 2D.
>>
>>116491335
Not in the metaphorical situation the original comic implies.
It's like meta and stuff.
>>
>>116487761

>Art is much better
>Scope has gotten larger, the world encompassing prophecies in vol 12 have come true
>Griffith is actually manifest, Guts has a clearly defined goal, to choose between saving Casca or fighting Griffith
>Characters from the Golden age and the black swordsman arc have met and interacted along with brand new characters being introduced making every chapter feel like part of the same story
>Guts has evolved and developed as a character, the story has evolved from the 90s without changing its style or tone
>Guts enemies and situations have gotten more dangerous, raising the stakes, justifying Berserker armor
>The world of Berserk has been expanded upon, e.g, Apostles origin, hell, the astral world and astral creatures such as puck, loose plot threads are being addressed, e.g the Bakiraka, Skull knights origin, Guts behilit,
>>
File: 13.jpg (214 KB, 1456x1042) Image search: [Google]
13.jpg
214 KB, 1456x1042
>>116465094
Latest chapter had the best scene in a long while, it's still alright I guess.
>>
>>116472007
>>116472016
One-Punch Man's art is not as good as Berserk.
I agree that Miura's lazy though, and that current Berserk is pretty shitty. I thought the last chapter was lame, though Rickert slapping Griffith was good.
>>
>>116465094
I haven't lost interest because of all that stuff. If anything I lost interest because it takes half a year to release a single chapter if we're lucky. Also Griffith is boring as shit and should have stayed Femto.
>>
>>116493146
Don't you think that Femto was even more boring?
>>
>>116466174
Wait, just how long has be been on that boat?
>>
So I just downloaded the scans from BakaBT. What program should I use to read them?
>>
>>116496948
Honeyview.
>>
File: Berserk_v21_p193.png (565 KB, 1236x1800) Image search: [Google]
Berserk_v21_p193.png
565 KB, 1236x1800
This is Guts when he sees Griffith after the Tower of Conviction collapses.
>>
File: 1412303230384.jpg (66 KB, 426x675) Image search: [Google]
1412303230384.jpg
66 KB, 426x675
>watching the shitty movie
>get to the sexy rape scene
>get my dick out to start jacking off
>See Casca actually stick her tongue out when Griffith kisses her, right before he is about to cum inside her
How much control did Miura have over this? Because it may be canon that she enjoyed it.
>>
>>116465094
I don't think so, but i did notice the sudden change in tone when the Witch loli was introduced, it was less dark and grim. It did't bothered me that much because the millenium falcon arc had a lot of awesome battles. Those chapters that focused on Griffith were pretty tame thought.
>>
>>116497593
It is.
Just people stay in denial so bad.
>>
>>116498044
Miura ha gone soft, somewhat. Probably a combination of getting older and playing to much @utismmaster. We are probably even going to get a moderately happy ending.
>>
File: BasedRickert.jpg (750 KB, 1280x876) Image search: [Google]
BasedRickert.jpg
750 KB, 1280x876
>>116465094
Anyone who thinks Miura has gone soft is a Moron.

It's just like the Golden Age arc.

First he lulls you into a false sense of security, and then he strikes.
>>
>>116465094
>Since Schierke, Fantasia and all the magic crap the series has gotten a lot less interesting for me

I have to agree. Reading Berserk now feels more like a chore than a great privilege.
>>
>>116498676
I agree, the last crude scene that i can think off are the torture scenes from the Retribution arc and that was a long time ago.
>>
>>116499407
What about troll rape?
>>
File: Berserk_v17_p151.png (539 KB, 1222x1800) Image search: [Google]
Berserk_v17_p151.png
539 KB, 1222x1800
Erica and Rickert are god tier children.
>>
>>116499070
The golden arc was gorier and more focused on political treason though. Not that i agree with OP or anything.
>>116499584
The one in the cave? you are right, i guess it made a lesser impact for me.
>>
>>116499888
He's really more of an adolescent/manlet than outright child at this point.

Granted, he's pretty tough for a manlet.
>>
File: zvAzI.jpg (126 KB, 539x1245) Image search: [Google]
zvAzI.jpg
126 KB, 539x1245
>>
>>116466798

what you say?
>>
>guts gets a cute loli witch and a sadistic blonde chick all over his dick
>he still wants Casca
ayy lmao
>>
File: Capture.jpg (2 MB, 2800x1902) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
2 MB, 2800x1902
Based /a/, tell me of a glorious anime akin to Berserk since I won't read an unfinished manga nor do I enjoy reading manga in general. Medieval, gritty shit, don't really care if there are demons or not in the mix.
>>
File: 1408993933147.jpg (224 KB, 660x425) Image search: [Google]
1408993933147.jpg
224 KB, 660x425
>>116502283
He is truly the greatest waifufag of all time.
>>
File: Berserk_v16_p110.png (387 KB, 1198x1800) Image search: [Google]
Berserk_v16_p110.png
387 KB, 1198x1800
>>116502760
>we will never get lost children Guts again
Why was he such much better when he was still "in touch" with his hellhound?
>>
I'm genuinely afraid that either I or Miura will die before the series is over
>>
>>116502418
>nor do I enjoy reading manga in general

There's nothing for you here.
>>
>>116503235
>before the series is over
More like before they reach elfheim
>>
>>116503347
fug u ;-;
>>
>>116503369
>implying they won't accidently end on Dwarveheim
>>
>>116503095

Guts is a perfect example of how to flesh out a character. We dont know *that* much about caska because muira self-admittedly didnt put that much effort into her, and Schierke is still like 9 or some shit, but Muira has done a pretty fantastic job of making his characters evolve.

Guts didnt just stay an edgy bastard, just like Farnesse didnt stay a crazy bitch.
>>
>>116503550
You have to agree that edgy Guts was a lot more fun i mean, just look at this smug bastard.
>>116502760
>>
File: Berserk_v16_p023.png (608 KB, 1219x1800) Image search: [Google]
Berserk_v16_p023.png
608 KB, 1219x1800
>>116503550
The problem is that Guts still has all that build-up rage but now it manifests as the Beast of Darkness.
Also the fights aren't as good as in Lost Children
>>
>>116503641

No, I like the fact that hes changed. Hes better now because the character becomes less one-dimensional. Guts always cared about people, he was just shitty at expressing it.

People like to say Griffith is boring, but we're viewing this through the scope of 4 or so years of reading.

Griffith is loved by many but doesnt care about anybody at all but himself. Or at least, he didnt. Guts cared about everyone BUT himself, which is why he constantly had to leave the band. That dichotomy is what Miura wants to express: Guts is never surrounded by people and is a lone wolf, but deep down just wants to be with others. Its why Judeau told Guts to take Caska with him when he left, or when he realized his attachment to Griffith didnt make him an equal.

Griffith, on the other hand, was constantly surrounded by people, enjoyed using them, and yet might as well have been 40000 miles away, emotionally speaking. Christ, even the shading decisions highlight this fact: Hawk of Light, minimal inking, everything is white and pristine. Black Swordsman, iconic Berserk inking.

Berserk has one of the most enduring characters in Manga specifically because the characters have changed.
>>
>>116503431
It's true unfortunately.

Re-read Devilman or something.
>>
>>116503550
>Guts is a perfect example of how to flesh out a character.

I'm sorry but you must be insane.
>>
>>116504083
I said that he was more fun, not that he was a better character, his development was good but i loved the fights on the lost child arc and the retribution arc.
>>
File: no enjoyment.png (60 KB, 643x643) Image search: [Google]
no enjoyment.png
60 KB, 643x643
>>116486363
>>116487444
Nope, she's going to hate herself for supposedly abandoning Guts to wallow in her sadness, in the much the same manner as Guts blamed himself for leaving her behind and thinking that there was no way he could make things up to her. Y'know, that creates drama, it's not soap-opera forced.

>>116497593
Well, he's got his hand on her face and his basically forcing her, kinda like how in the manga he forcefully kissed her because she told Guts not to look. Hell, in the outtakes she tells Guts that she loves him instead, twice.
I'm sorry anon, but no NTR fantasies for you. Only mutual suffering and tears, but hey, you get to suffer too.
>>
>>116504454
>Hell, in the outtakes she tells Guts that she loves him instead, twice.
I didn't know that they hired the actual Berserk characters to voice themselves.
>>
>>116504454
>Well, he's got his hand on her face and his basically forcing her
No, she stuck her tongue out as his face moved towards hers. And it looked like she did it willingly. There is no way he forced her tongue out with his fingers.

Also, what outtakes? Where can I find them?
>>
ITT: Filthy secondaries and Hawk supporters.
pls go back to rebbit
>>
>>116504751
>secondaries
Only after you go back to one of the many UBW threads, TMfag.
>>
>>116504751
How can you even be a berserk secondary? is this the same as being a 2hu secondary?
>>
>>116504751
I have supporters in this thread?
>>116504837
I guess if you only watched the movies and/or anime?
>>
File: Berserk_v09_p232-233.png (1 MB, 2485x1800) Image search: [Google]
Berserk_v09_p232-233.png
1 MB, 2485x1800
>>116504574
Gee Hawk, you ever wonder where the BERSEEEERKER song came from?

>>116504648
Body language, anon. You can gauge a woman's discontent when she is being kissed by her eyes. Very simple process. When the woman (in this case Casca) has her eyes open, she's alert, she doesn't want this slippery thing roaming her other wet cavern, she's not taking it in. When she has her eyes closed, ie. almost every time she and Guts have their kissus, she's got her eyes closed and she's relaxed, enjoying that nice firm tongue Guts have. I say almost, because she has the exact same reaction she did to Femto when he first kissed her in volume 23, when Guts, in his extreme sexual frustration and arousal from seeing Casca's victory against three assailants, tries to have a go at her. Disturbed.
You want more proof, I can tell. Well, the rape scene was disturbing, but it wasn't sick enough. You see Guts and Casca holding hands here, fingers intertwined? Completely depraved. They are both intolerably lewd individuals, and it can easily be seen that Femto wasn't up to snuff for Casca. Fucker had Judeau killed, it was inevitable.

>>116504837
Maybe it has something to do with being anime only. Isn't that the definition of a Fate secondary? Not that I've ever watched the series or read the LN, but I think I'm better for it.
>>
>>116465997
I think they managed to jump the boat over a shark.
>>
Guts cheated on Casca. He doesn't deserve her.
>>
>>116505228
>Gee Hawk, you ever wonder where the BERSEEEERKER song came from?
Clerks? www.youtube.com/watch?v=5D-9X3ooFvo
>>
>>116505228
>Gee Hawk, you ever wonder where the BERSEEEERKER song came from?
No, but it's pretty irrelevant anyway since it's not anywhere in Berserk.

I'm just saying that it's pretty desperate to use outtakes as a proof of something in the primary work.
>>
File: 1399414569888.png (1 MB, 802x861) Image search: [Google]
1399414569888.png
1 MB, 802x861
>>116505570
I can imagine Guts recounting all the terrible things he did to her while she was out of it, starting with blowing female Apostles' brains out whilst fucking them in twisted irony.

>>116505696
Hey, you're not Hawk.

>>116505747
>I'm just saying that it's pretty desperate to use outtakes as a proof of something in the primary work.

So you can't do anything if I start calling Griffith a terrible singer? It's not like he ever sang in "muh primary work", you lousy bitch.
>>
>>116505964
>So you can't do anything if I start calling Griffith a terrible singer?
Yes, I can?

>It's not like he ever sang in "muh primary work"
And that's exactly why you shouldn't call him a terrible singer. He never sang, so we don't know whether he's good or not. His voice actors are irrelevant.
>>
So who is Becchy meant for? Casca?
>>
>>116506222
Farnese
>Casca comes back to normal
>Eventually heals and is able to start fighting again, becomes completely dependent like before
>Farnese is now useless to the rest of the gang
>In her despair she comes across the behelit and tries to sacrifice Casca
>>
File: 1382828237443.png (148 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1382828237443.png
148 KB, 400x400
I began to lose interest after Griffith became God, and then other people were also monster demons, and then it just became fighting against other super-ultra-sugoku-kowaii monsters.

Seriously, when Zodd first appeared, I found it really cool, and an interesting way to develop Gutts' character as he tries to be the biggest, baddest killing motherfucker that ever was. And I REALLY enjoyed the early segments which felt very medieval/fantasy.

But then fairies.
And magic.
And that whole little witch bit.
And then super monsters fight super monsters.

And then fuck it why am I still reading this.
>>
File: 15346343647636.jpg (59 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
15346343647636.jpg
59 KB, 500x500
>>116506170
>being this NO FUN ALLOWED

You and your "intelligent, polite discussion", how can you have it when you're denying us of our daily shitposting? These threads thrive on the offensive jokes and Casca worship, you may as well pack it up to MAL if you can't co-exist with it.

>>116506367
Seeing as branded folk can't be sacrificed again I can see Casca talking her out of it, that'll be something for the /u/fags, but that'll only happen for Serpico to pull a 180, take the behelit and sacrifice Farnese for reasons that I'll pull out of my ass right now. Maybe he'll also feel useless seeing as his only major relationship is with Farnese. His chemistry with Guts has disappeared completely after they settled their differences, and at the moment it feels like he's just there.
>>
>>116483402
is that cthulhu?
>>
>>116506523
Did people just not read the Black Swordsman Arc?
>>
>>116506682
I'm not "no fun allowed"... But you should at least try to make some logical sense, whether you're arguing seriously or joking. If you don't make sense, then things are neither funny nor informative.
>>
>>116507021
You are no fun allowed. You are not allowing me to have the fun I want. If this was a fucking hospital or something, I'd understand, but this is /a/. /a/, a place where anons go to escape the harshness of the world, and some basement dwelling woman who cherrypicks posts is telling me I can't use outtakes for reference because "hurr irrelevant".

Fuck you. Seriously. You're just like the people you hate.
>>
File: 1313815304431.jpg (53 KB, 564x456) Image search: [Google]
1313815304431.jpg
53 KB, 564x456
>>116506523
I somewhat feel that feelio. Too much magic and pokemon for my liking.

...but I still love the series.
>>
>>116506523
>but then fairies and magic
Nigga that shit has been there since the first chapter, what are you talking about?
>>
>>116507374
Look, you "can" use them if you want, I'm not gonna leave my basement and hunt you down just because of that. Just don't expect anyone to take you seriously when you spout such crap, that's all.

Seriously, you just tried using outtakes as a proof that Casca loves Guts. That's pretty hilarious. This is worse than using fanfiction as a proof. And now you're attacking me on a personal level just because I pointed this out.
>>
>>116506786

No, it's an indian.
>>
File: 007.png (448 KB, 985x1400) Image search: [Google]
007.png
448 KB, 985x1400
>>116507883
>implying Casca doesn't love Guts

b-but this doujin said so
>>
File: Berserk_v09_p044.png (530 KB, 1217x1800) Image search: [Google]
Berserk_v09_p044.png
530 KB, 1217x1800
Would it have made a difference there if he had his sword?

How would things have gone differently if he had resisted capture?
>>
File: Time...... to die.gif (495 KB, 500x223) Image search: [Google]
Time...... to die.gif
495 KB, 500x223
>>116508546
>That doujin
My dick wasn't the only thing crying by the end.
>>
>>116508572
He would have been killed

At that point for him death in combat would have been preferable.
>>
File: 02.png (711 KB, 1099x1600) Image search: [Google]
02.png
711 KB, 1099x1600
>>116508700
Just wait until you see the sequel. By the end of it, you think that they really are together in their dreams, but both are too depressed to realize the reunion.
>>
>>116508822
Is this on sadpanda? Don't remember seeing it.
>>
>>116507754
One elf to lods of elfies.
>>
File: 008.png (518 KB, 985x1400) Image search: [Google]
008.png
518 KB, 985x1400
>>116508912
Both are, by renowned vanilla artist Kuon Michiyoshi. Seeing as everything else is either too wacky or too fujoshit, these two doujins are probably the only ones worth your time. Seeing Zodd taking Schierke from behind is only amusing for so long.

>dat in-character dialogue
>dat kissu sfx
>>
>>116509052
You mean Schierke taking Zodd from behind yes?
>>
File: 172368219633.jpg (78 KB, 500x681) Image search: [Google]
172368219633.jpg
78 KB, 500x681
>>116509404
My mistake, yes. Wouldn't it be a sight otherwise?
>>
File: Berserk_v15_p057.png (462 KB, 1209x1800) Image search: [Google]
Berserk_v15_p057.png
462 KB, 1209x1800
Am I a faggot for not liking edgy Guts?
>>
>>116509980
>nothin personnel kid.png
>>
File: 1412924486933.jpg (130 KB, 500x1800) Image search: [Google]
1412924486933.jpg
130 KB, 500x1800
>>116509980
Edgy carries so many connotations nowadays, I prefer the term grimdark.
ultimate husbando guts a best
>>
>>116509980
>>116510192
I always thought edgy is someone who prefers to be alone, miserable and in the darkness.

Clearly Guts never wanted all that shit, it's not his fault his best friend is a huge piece of shit.
>>
File: gambino gets shafted.png (370 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
gambino gets shafted.png
370 KB, 800x800
>>116510259
Guts was originally a very happy, carefree child, and he probably would have stayed like that all the way through adulthood had Gambino not been such a grouchy fuck.
>>
File: Berserk_v14_p053.png (371 KB, 1207x1800) Image search: [Google]
Berserk_v14_p053.png
371 KB, 1207x1800
>>116510192
>>116510259
Alright. 'Sadistic', then; that's more accurate. It was lazy of me just to say 'edgy'.
>>
>>116510259
I think people think it's edgy because he's smiling afterwards.

But thats how someone who is basically suppressing all of their emotions reacts to something that insights emotion - like the whole act of feeling is nostalgic.

Or I'm wrong and this is the moment guts finds out he really just hates this monster and he's smiling because he has something he truly hates to kill.
>>
File: Berserk_v34_p236_Color_Spread.jpg (3 MB, 5640x4329) Image search: [Google]
Berserk_v34_p236_Color_Spread.jpg
3 MB, 5640x4329
>>116510441
I find grimdark/sadistic Guts really cute, he tries to be evil and an asshole but in the end he always gives in. I even think Guts is anti-edgy in the regard that he always ends up with companions he wants to protect.

Especially that panel "Who would have thought that I would have companions again?" really striked me, unfortunately I can't find it right now
>>
File: 1756532481456217.png (113 KB, 500x211) Image search: [Google]
1756532481456217.png
113 KB, 500x211
>>116510578
>moe Guts

My heart can't take that shit.
>>
File: Berserk_v15_p061.png (460 KB, 1212x1800) Image search: [Google]
Berserk_v15_p061.png
460 KB, 1212x1800
>>116510578
Yeah, he never takes it a step too far to killing innocents.
>>
>>116509581
Damn that's disappointing.
>>
>>116510711
Oh man, fuck that movie art.

>>116510728
Oh, wait--
>>
no shark jump yet
>>
File: bastard.jpg (40 KB, 819x1349) Image search: [Google]
bastard.jpg
40 KB, 819x1349
>>116465094
The other manga I loved, on a hiatus too...
>one is on a boat.
>the other stuck in hell.
>>
>>116466798
underrated post
>>
File: 1412722738040.jpg (2 MB, 1342x1194) Image search: [Google]
1412722738040.jpg
2 MB, 1342x1194
>>116466798
Plenty of room for character development unlike the shit tier movies. Animation hold up very well despite the series having a low budget.
I also like the soundtrack quite a bit.
>>
>>116485029
I'd rape a Sonia
>>
File: Berserk v32 p047.png (923 KB, 1479x2100) Image search: [Google]
Berserk v32 p047.png
923 KB, 1479x2100
>>116465094
what do you guyse thing grifith was thinking about when he saw that fucking show?
holy shit guts is really a fucking monster.
>>
File: Berserk v32 p025-026.png (2 MB, 2972x2100) Image search: [Google]
Berserk v32 p025-026.png
2 MB, 2972x2100
>>116492319
you forget
>guts becomes more badass every day.
>>
>>116514250
g...guise?
>>
File: Berserk_v31c272p02.png (267 KB, 970x1400) Image search: [Google]
Berserk_v31c272p02.png
267 KB, 970x1400
>>116514469
I can understand how everyone has a crush on him
>>
File: Berserk v31 p094.png (1011 KB, 898x1286) Image search: [Google]
Berserk v31 p094.png
1011 KB, 898x1286
>>116515079
batman guts is best guts.
there is something i been trying to understand, the armor fuck guts up even if he is not hurt?
i mean if he is in this batman state does it fuck him up?
>>
>>116515635
I dont get why he is still wearing it, he only needed it against Grunbeld because he was half dead at the time
>>
>>116515635
I think using it reinforces the connection between him and his subconscious desire for revenge at the cost of his friends (personified by the wolf monster he converses with). Then there's his loss of ability to see color, and whatnot. Physically, I don't think it damages him.
>>
Slan X Guts OTP
>>
>>116515946
ya but i though that with Schierke inside of him he can controll himself.
>>
>>116516190
She's preventing him from going full-berserk with that thing, like a lifeline to reality. The impression I'm getting is that she's only mitigating the problem, not solving it.
>>
>>116515635

Oh my god, He is BATMAN!
>>
>>116497376
Oh shit, do you have the one where he is just standing in the palm of the god hand?
>>
>>116509029
one elf would imply that there are more.
>>
File: 1409086310657.png (149 KB, 403x348) Image search: [Google]
1409086310657.png
149 KB, 403x348
>>116466798

>>116466840
TELL ME WATCH'U WANT
>>
do you guys think miura is ever going to work on a montly basis again?
or are we doom till nextime for all eternity?
>>
Animefag here. Started Lost Children and dropped it sometime after he went to confront the fairy/bug/demon/whatever in the forest since I got bored. Should I continue with the manga? I know I have a fuck ton of catching up to do but I want to know the experience of waiting 4 months to see if he'll finally get off the boat.
>>
Only part of Berserk I've read is where Griffith became Femto. Is that days long past?
>>
>>116519942
You're like 20 years behind.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 96

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.