[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Turns out the NY Times has a manga best sellers list. Do they
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: meh.png (199 KB, 618x821) Image search: [Google]
meh.png
199 KB, 618x821
Turns out the NY Times has a manga best sellers list.

Do they have tast, /a/non?
>>
Do you even need to ask?
>>
Souma is the only decent thing there.
>>
>haganai i dont have many friends

What the fuck.
>>
Best sellers are literally just what sells most, OP.
>>
File: 1414620499651.png (115 KB, 375x467) Image search: [Google]
1414620499651.png
115 KB, 375x467
>>116435083
>best sellers list.
>Do they have taste

What's going on here OP?
>>
>buying a manga because you liked the anime adaptation of the light novel
Literally kill yourself.
>>
Damn it America, why do you keep publishing shitty manga adaptation of light novels instead of the novels themselves? Yes it's a rethorical question.
>>
LITERALLY TRACED
>>
>>116436172
>Damn it America, why do you keep publishing shitty manga adaptation of light novels instead of the novels themselves? Yes it's a rethorical question.
I do hope for more translations on that side.

Maybe they could curate a Light Novel Bestseller list?

That shouldn't be hard, should it.

>>116435083
>Do they have tast, /a/non?
Good, Bad or Indifferent Taste?
>>
>>116435083
>Do they have tast, /a/non?
Could be worse.
At least MonMusu get top spot every time a new volume is out.

>>116436172
It's the same over here, there are plenty of manga adapting LNs, but almost none of the actual novels, and when they actually gets published theydon't sell and gets stalled or slowed down to 1 volume/year if we're lucky. On series like Haruhi that have 15 volumes.

Having the whole S&W manga but not even a single LN volume is a fucking blasphemy though.
>>
>>116436172
Sometimes the manga is better than the LN.
Haganai, MaouYuu, and Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou for example.
>>
>>116437786
What's with americans and their monster/furry fetishes?
I mean, your women are shit and all, but seriously?
>>
Gundam Origin tops the list whenever a new volume's out, so that's good.
>>
>>116435083
It's a best seller list. All it proves is that most people who buy localized manga in the US like entry level stuff.
>>
I remember seeing Monster Musume top the list whenever a new volume comes out
so yes
>>
>>116437574
because the western light novel audience is a niche audience inside of a niche audience
>>
>>116436172
Because light novels don't sell. At all. When they do sell, it's measured in tens of copies usually. Only Haruhi and Spice and Wolf LNs sell more than that in the US. Though, maybe the Attack on Titan LN sold some. Haven't looked.

>>116437574
>Maybe they could curate a Light Novel Bestseller list?
Why? They don't sell. Basically only Yen Press (an imprint of Hachette publishing) publishes them anymore anyway. Vertical does a few.

>>116440615
Indeed, 1% of 1% is 0.01%. Essentially no one.
>>
>>116435083
NY bestseller list isn't a very good indicator. Bestseller lists aren't very good in general. It doesn't include a ton of different places that sell manga. There are better ways to check.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.