[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this a good "NEET" anime? By that I mean does it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 6
File: kamimemo_052.jpg (99 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
kamimemo_052.jpg
99 KB, 1280x720
Is this a good "NEET" anime?

By that I mean does it delve into depth about the associated fears, anxieties, neuroses, and issues (depression, helplessness, etc.) that a lot of NEETs face?
>>
File: NEET-ness.jpg (126 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
NEET-ness.jpg
126 KB, 1280x720
No, in fact main characters are in school.
>>
Yes, its very thorough and psychological. It might be a bit much at times but its trying to deconstruct the perception of Neets within japanese culture. Some scenes can be very visceral and some people hate it because of how it portrays "moe-moe" culture and condemns the industry but its all an elaborate and complex critique of society.
>>
It's a good anime for learning that NEET simply means "bum," like your Uncle Larry who spends his life sleeping on friends' couches and tagging along when they go to parties.
>>
>NEET
>Detective
>>
File: alice_NEET_detective.jpg (55 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
alice_NEET_detective.jpg
55 KB, 1280x720
Daily reminder:
>NEET
>detective
>>
It's not a good anything anime.
>>
no but you should watch it anyway because the last arc was great
>>
>>116380992
>thought this series is about a NEET girl front in center
>mostly concentrate on bishie dudes

no wonder this series failed
>>
I honestly don't remeber that much about it, but I'm pretty sure it was just another "random squad of good youngsters helping people in trouble". It does have more mature themes/subjects (like drugs and organized crime) than the average LN adaptation, though.
>>
>>116380992
nope she solves crimes from her room that's all. >>116381218
he's right. A NEET with a job is no NEET.
>>
>>116380992
I can't say anything about the source material because I've never read it, but the anime was all kinds of forgettable. I remember the NEET detective, Alice, but the main character was so bland, I can't even remember his name or face.
>>
>>116380992
Not at all. She's not a NEET, not a hikikomori, she has hundreds of devoted friends and a Yakuza army. She's just a cute girl with a lot of plushies and too many computers.
>>
>>116381454
I rewatched this about six months ago and I can confirm this.

However, the climax of the last arc was great with Alice making that junkie/dealer guy die in despair

>>116381332
Well, she certainly isn't exployed, at least not most of the time.
>>
File: dokupe.jpg (47 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
dokupe.jpg
47 KB, 720x720
Gotta earn those DoKupes somehow.
>>
>>116380992
Why would you expect a series about a little cute girl to be so damned deep? Go watch Seral Experiments Lain if you want that kind of shit.
>>
Back in my days beeing a NEET meant no studies/job
>>
>>116381332
She doesn't make or accept income. NEET detective title stays.
>>
>>116380992
LN is better. Read it first then watch to rage.

>NEET
>Detective
We've been through this many times already. It's a god damn service she runs. She doesn't do it to get paid or anything. Accepting gifts from time to time is different.
>>
>>116380992
I dropped it after 2 episodes I think. The only thing I remember is the neet detective being a complete cunt and the MC was treated like shit by everybody. Also the first case was bullshit.
>>
>>116383854
Your memory is hazy.
>>
show would have been better with more alice
>>
>>116380992
Hurry the fuck up and write more author.
>>
>>116382103
>Why would you expect a series about a little cute girl to be so damned deep?
>Seral Experiments Lain
>Not about a little cute girl
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.