[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Log Horizon
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 6
Things Log Horizon has done better then other 'Trapped in an MMO' anime:

>Focused on multiple classes, structures, and the effects of those classes.
>Focused on interpersonal relationships on how normal people would respond being a part of such a disaster.
>Focused on game effects and making them part of a natural existence. Explaining Respawning, HP and MP, shown how skill and drive make or break Adventurers.
>Making NPCs natural, sentient, and aware beings that have relevance to the storyline and living world they have become a part of.
>Going into the phenomenon of guilds, structure, activities, and how the players can affect eachother and the world around them by becoming a part of the world.
>Lolis and Sexy sexy elf babes and adorable traps
>The simple fact of making good tasting food being an incredible achievement
>Made death, while an inconvenience, still be a scary thing for the Adventurers
>Made an NPC be able to become an Adventurer
>Gave recognition to the Princess and made her requesting help from the Adventurers really really awesome. Firiona Vie, eat your heart out.

Things Log Horizon has yet failed to do, unfortunately:

>Hasn't addressed biology in very many ways.
>Do female Adventurers still go through their monthly cycle?
>Can female Adventurers become pregnant?
>If they can, what would their children be?
>Will any of them change from the current physical state they are in? Will the children grow up? Will the adults grow old? Will Adventurers suffer from old age or are they truly immortal?

I don't know about any of you, but I'd love to get those questions answered. Its not about the shipping or the romance. Its about how normal human beings would respond to being really affected and a part of a new world.
>>
>>116293640
>If an Adventurer man and a People of the Land woman get married, can they have children?
>>
>>116293870
As long as he doesn't take an arrow to the knee and he bought the dlc pack.
>>
What would you like to see done different, /a/? Besides Studio Deen not sucking?
>>
>>116293640
>done better
>lolis
This fucking series sucks at depicting lolis, they looks like shit and no fanservice.
That's the single worst thing they did and one of the biggest normalfag element it has going for it.
>>
>>116293870
Would the child be an Adventurer or a Lander? What would happen to them when they leave the Database?
>>
File: baby, please kill yourself.jpg (66 KB, 595x496) Image search: [Google]
baby, please kill yourself.jpg
66 KB, 595x496
>>116294684
>if it doesnt sexualize the kids its normalfag shit
>>
>>116294774
Good question. Very good question. Maybe Mr. Delicious can find out for us?
>>
>>116293640
Implied rape and slave trades says that sexual activities can be done in the Elder Tale world, both Adventurer-Adventurer and Adventurer-Lander.

>Can female Adventurers become pregnant?
>If they can, what would their children be?
>Will any of them change from the current physical state they are in? Will the children grow up? Will the adults grow old? Will Adventurers suffer from old age or are they truly immortal?
Mamare states that he would like to deal with these questions in the novel, one day. We just don't know in which volume.

>Do female Adventurers still go through their monthly cycle?
This question better left unasked, I guess.
>>
>>116294774
What do you mean LEAVE? Database is the only world there is now.
>>
>>116294774
If they can leave that is. All signs points that the Elder Tale world is becoming more and more like the normal world. Though it is said that Shiroe and Nureha know of a way out
>>
>>116295226
The monthly cycle is important for fertility though. Its how we reproduce. If we knew that, we'd know that female adventurers were fertile/able to actually have children.

Still, thats very true about the first two points.
>>
>>116295680
Well, if that is the case, then we might have to wait for Mamare to answer the "pregnancy" questions then.

Oh, and I forgot one thing

Akatsuki's first knee to Naotsugu (in the anime) is in response to his question "How did you pee?" or something across that line.
>>
I've been keeping out of the threads for some reason. The author never came back did he?
>>
>>116293640
I believe in the Q&A it was said that the food prepared through the Adventurer's method can increase the Adventurer's weight, while the tasteless food made from the menu won't.
>>
>>116295934
Very good question.
>>
File: fattie.jpg (44 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
fattie.jpg
44 KB, 1024x576
>>116296173
Sounds like an animu girls dream come true. Diet episode when?
>>
I really wonder though.

We have gamers who were hikikomoris in RL and suddenly placed in gorgeous, sexy, physically very attractive bodies.

Why the fuck aren't they whoring it up all over the place?

That city would have one HELL of a Red Light District.

Not to mention the ramifications of being one gender in RL and suddenly being the opposite gender on the Database.

As someone in the other thread said... 8th Street must get all its money from somewhere...
>>
>>116296603
I dont think you understand just how terrible a life a whore leads.
>>
>>116296411
Except that the menu food is tasteless, so it would be the equivalent of eating cotton balls to suppress hunger.
>>
>>116296758
Of course I do, but sexuality is raw and real. There are no diseases to catch. And everyone is in sexy and new bodies that don't easily get physically tired.

They're hunky, they're curvy, they're all a ton more attractive then they were in the RL.

The Adventurers would be fucking like rabbits. And some women would sell themselves for money because of the thrill of it.
>>
>>116296603
They are trying to find a way home, now they just want to make do in the DATABASE.

That being said wanna bet the brown elf ganker chick did not whore her body to her two compatriots?. They are a bit close.
>>
>>116297127
God yes. I would have tapped her so hard.
>>
>>116293640
i guess the only series that did the "trapped in an MMO" right was the US version of life on mars.
still, it was more a multiplayer session than an MMO, but they can take points from there.
>>
File: rape that elf.jpg (52 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
rape that elf.jpg
52 KB, 1280x720
>>116297127
I want more about those guys.
>>
>>116297281
No. .hack sign did "Trapped in an MMO" right. MMOs are mostly just people standing around and talking with the occasional action moment. SAO and LH are just two sides of the same terrible "Let's make a story about people trapped in another world with an MMO as a backdrop" coin.
>>
>>116297533
What you talkin' bout? dot hack put me to sleep. Most of the time, nothing goes on and I just want to see the tentacle monster rape any of the girls like I saw in that one epic doujin.
>>
>>116297342
The samurai guy getting weepy about christmas and them getting used as examples in the moments of like... what happens when you die... always makes me amused.
>>
SAO was fucking terribad for the SWORDS! NOTHING BUT SWORDS! thing.

An mmo about nothing but swords would suck shit.

I want an mmo with /wizards/ and /bowmen/, god damnit. This is why Log Horizon and all its character classes makes me happy.
>>
>>116297684
Typical LH/SAOfag.
>>
>>116297918
The best thing about .hack was the music. All the rest kinda sucked.
>>
>>116297342
They are still showing up pretty frequently as slightly above background characters in the anime.

They're basically the "and let's see what an average adventurer thinks about this" characters of the show.
>>
File: 1393750912149.png (2 MB, 1076x1815) Image search: [Google]
1393750912149.png
2 MB, 1076x1815
>>116294684
>Implying Satelight didn't exist

DEEN's designs drags every character down in S2. Fucking DEEN.
>>
>>116294774
The current theory that I subscribe to is that our world was created by the reality-altering magic to bring adventurers into the Database.
>>
>>116297533
Man, hack was terrible.
>>
>>116293640
>does a woman still have her period, despite every other anime or manga never really making this a topic we NEED TO KNOW BECAUSE FUCK
>can adventurers become preggers or grow old even though people haven't spent any serious time in the database yet to make these sorts of stories pop up}

Calm the fuck down OP and let the man tell his story
>>
>>116293640
I'm pretty sure this is what SAO III will do? I've heard Alicization explores a lot of these concepts?
>>
>>116298104
you mean the best thing about .hack//sign was the music.
the other .hack series weren't as good in the music departament, but feel free to correct me if i'm wrong.
awesome battles took place in .hack//sign, but they usually got dropped into the background for the sake of DRAMA. And i'm telling this as a guy that enjoyed .hack//sign.
>>
>>116296771
like real life supermodels.
>>
Question:
Is Log Horizon doing good enough for a season 3?
>>
>>116298805
Ask again in six months
>>
>>116297684
>Most of the time, nothing goes on

Just like in a real MMO!
>>
>>116295512
I want spoilers. Explain further
>>
>>116297684
>epic
>>
>>116298639
Doesn't mattter if it takes three fucking seasons to get there
>>
>>116298408
>our entire world was created so they could make a game to suck people back in

No the most likely scenario is their world used some magic voodoo to create a "portal" into our world so willing participants could take over the bodies of adventurers (which took the form of elder tale to us), but given it was a portal it was "imperfect" in it's representations on both ends - which is why before the apocalypse no one really could interact with NPC's and why the Landers thought adventurers were so different and dull.

After the Apocalypse the "minds" of the adventurers were sucked into the world proper.

Granted it's all conjecture and we're missing the most crucial point in trying to make a reasonable hypothesis. If we knew who caused the apocalypse, or WHY it was caused without who, we could guess the missing piece. Without the who and the why we have nothing to go off of.
>>
>>116299021
>our world was created to supplement the Database
This will be my headcannon until mamare himself tells me I am wrong
>>
>>116299067
And he will, because it's fucking stupid.
>>
>>116299354
Why do you feel the need to put down my beautifully crafted headcannon, anon?
>>
>Things Log Horizon has yet failed to do, unfortunately:

Have 2 sides of the story

People that are trapped inside the game while there are people on the outside trying to free them.
>>
>>116299504
We're not even sure the outside still exists, anon.
Think that part in Return of the King when we weren't sure if the hobbits were dead for half the book.
>>
>>116299504

Actually, that might be for the best.

It'd be interesting if a series out there DID give that angle a shot but I think for Log Horizon bothering with it would just add another story direction we don't yet need.

After all, most of the adventurers miss home but aren't in a hurry to go back. They're fine learning to live with their new world.
>>
>>116299603
Do you know any MMO players? I bet most of them wouldn't want to go back even if they could.
>>
>>116299504
Personally, I just treat LH as an MMO slice of life show, so I'd rather the outside world be ignored anyway.
>>
There's already a question and answer to this.

From Mamare's Q&A.

Q. So, after the Catastrophe the adventurers got a new body. Does the female body have reproductive functions? To be more specific, do they have periods? Are there Adventurers who got pregnant and married?
A. Yes.
>>
>>116299658
If I were in their shoes, I'd definitely want to stay, but I'd still search for a way back so that I could let my friends and family know I'm not dead and that I'm actually having a good time.
>>
Guys, guys...
what if the database is the real world and that what we consider is the real world is created by magic which the adventurer started to explore and then settle down there for so long, that they forgot about Elder Tale.
Then people remembered and try to go back by creating a game which is the interface between both worlds.
>>
>>116299504
>that feel when SAO could have had an intricate parallel plot trying to locate Kayaba

Could have been amazing Cat and Mouse similar to Deathnote or an anime version of SAW, but I mean... Yeah no everybodys just plugged into the literal database for years and no one knows how to shut that shit down or anything.
>>
>>116299754
mmofag here, I hate the people around me and the world we live in enough that I would actively attempt to impede any progress to return to it
>>
>>116299504
Depiction of any "outside world" would ruin everything.
>>
>>116299658

I'm a bit of an MMORPG fan myself.

It'd depend on the game, really. That and the ruleset everyone gets stuck with.

If I were in Elder Tale and things were going like Log Horizon tells it? Sure. There is no immediate reason I'd be afraid and want to go back. It'd be tough but workable. I'd take a little comfort in the fact that I'd be far more physically capable all of a sudden. I'd probably go gunning for a Merchant or Social guild spot. Stocking shelves or something until I could cut out something larger for myself in the growing system.

But anything less than that I'd be willing to get out of dodge fast. More important than anything for me would be survival. It's all fuckin useless if I'm dead before I even know if I want to get rescued or not.
>>
What if what's really happened is not so much they've been sucked into the game world, but instead their characters have just become self aware and think that they did? What if their real selves are still walking around and playing on what is now really just a game totally fine?
>>
>>116299953
You are in for a treat literally next episode.
>>
>>116299980
>dead
You don't actually watch this show, do you?
>>
>>116300032
"Depends on the game"
>>
>>116300009
That would be so boring it's not even worth considering.
>>
>>116299980
If I was stuck in a world like WoW, EQ, or majority of comfortably medieval fun setting, I'd like to stay. Especially with immortality.

If I got stuck in Diablo's Sanctuary?
I'd be scrambling to get the fuck out before my sanity is lost.
>>
>>116300071
You missed the point of my post, you tremendous faggot.

When you "die" in elder tale, you come back to life. It's not like SAO where "DIE IN DA GAM U DIE IN REEL LYFE"
So why would survival be "the most important thing?"
>>
>>116300032

Reread what I was on about. I'm saying that it'd really depend on the ruleset if I'd want out or not.

In Log Horizon things are peachy if you die a bunch. Currently the series only gives passing mention to things that might cause permadeath.

What I meant is - I probably would want to stay in Elder Tale. I dunno if I'd be so interested if the setting didn't work the same way. It'd be a matter of how easy it is to survive.
>>
>>116298975
Distance between two points are getting larger and larger

People without Chef skills can now create simple dishes. Other Production subclasses also reporting the same thing

>>116298805
Does not matter as long as NHK willing to fund it.
>>
>>116300096
>diablo/diablo clone
Man, those games are easy as fuck
>>
File: ALfheim-Online.png (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
ALfheim-Online.png
1 MB, 1280x720
SAO still has a better "atmosphere". It's hard to explain.

Log Horizon does just about everything else better, but I find myself drawn into the "world" of SAO and ALO.
>>
>>116300096

Yeah. I feel the same way.
>>
>>116300134
He's saying anything less than the way it works in elder tale (With it's immortality) and just surviving would be the most important thing.
>>
>>116300186
You would feel comfortable in a world with nothing but rotting shambling corpses, misery and sorrow, demons fucking everywhere?
You must be one edgy anon.
>>
>>116300020
I haven't been spoiled but I don't think what's going to happen will all that bad for me. When I said that depiction of the outside would ruin everything, I meant that a lot of the charm of LH thus far has been how characters who inexplicably find themselves in a different world go about trying to understand how their new world works. This is endearing because they pose the same metaphysical questions about their world as we do of ours, which I think is a good use of the premise that other similar works have neglected to explore.
>>
>>116300134
Well, if you are stuck in Akiba, you are fine and dandy. When you are stuck in Minami or Susukino, it is either you join them or get tormented. Worse still if you are stuck in Hamelin, tortured to 1 HP, get healed, rinse repeat.

Or any other server for that matter. Things are not so rosy in the rest of the world.
>>
>>116300190
Because the world of SAO is more "dire"

Death is real, there is PKing, there is shit to do. Shit that needs to be done. There is an immediate goal - find the exit and get the fuck out.

SAO would kill Log Horizon in terms of just story potential because it is more focused in it's narrative... However Log Horizon kills it on the overall potential because the stories that are possible and the ones not being told are fucking insane.

There have been a number of entire threads and thousands of posts talking about the other regions of the world and what is happening there. The fact there are Food Riots in the Big Apple, apparently Adventurers turned into a PMC force in one place in Europe, race wars in a number of places, a fucking CRUSADE being mounted, and countless other stories? This shit is huge man. It's too big.
>>
>>116300327
Isn't like the Africa server getting buttfucked due to race riots because the west used to use it as a kind of gate port to get to the east and a bunch of western players got stuck there with the African ones and they don't speak the same language?
>>
>>116300415
>Mass migration of weeaboos in pursuit of glorious Nippon promised land
This is exactly what would happen if an Apocalypse occurred in our world right now.
>>
>>116300323
Minami isn't treating adventurers that badly, no one has expressed horrors in the novel. They're being authoritarian dicks and treating Landers as 2nd class citizens, but that's about it.

Nakasu is the biggest unknown, we do know that it's been invaded and assimilated by Plant Hwyaden though. Hardly anyone is living in that city anymore, most of them moved to Minami.
>>
>>116300327
South East Asia Archipelago is engaged in a naval war between countries, if I am not mistaken. Also, a new raid zone in the Mariana Trench that have a pretty tough entry requirements
>>
>>116300563
What about the Bermuda triangle and Ausland? I forgot what's going on down there.
>>
>>116300563
If everyone in 1st world are not retards and aware about ET is their real life now, people in Europe server should be able to invent hot air balloon, steam engine airplane in NA, or steam trains in Russia.
>>
>>116301116
That is the problem. Hence, for >>116300134, "survival" here means more than just "do not die". Actually, that is also what Nyanta reprimanded Tohya about. Just because you are immortal, it does not give you free passes.
>>
>>116299738
I bet that was the very first question
Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.