[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I think one flaw /a/ has in judging anime studios is there lack
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 6
File: 1383121117580.png (102 KB, 304x254) Image search: [Google]
1383121117580.png
102 KB, 304x254
I think one flaw /a/ has in judging anime studios is there lack of attention to some of the actual staff for studios.

For example Kyoani's works for Free, Chuu2, and Amagi Brilliant all have a different director and writer.

Judging studios for there works is a terrible method because the overall feel can vary tremendously depending on the main staff which is different series by series. It just gives people the wrong idea to the point they start worshiping a studio like a brand name instead of the varying individuals who put out different qualities of works.
>>
>For example Kyoani's works for Free, Chuu2, and Amagi Brilliant all have a different director and writer.

all those shows are shit, therefore they only employ shit directors making it a shit studio.
>>
>>115802125
/a/ is stupid, just shitpost like everyone and everything will be fine.
>>
>>115802168
>all those shows are shit
>not liking at least first Chuuni season
Don't like fun?
>>
>>115802125
What is SHAFT
>>
>>115802168
I didn't like Free and don't like Amagi at all, but I thought Chuu2 was charming. That aside the feel between them is different.

>>115802189
> just shitpost like everyone
It's people like you who make things worse not better. I just love anime too much to shitpost.
inb4 out blog huur shitpost not ironically hurr
>>
too intellectual for /a/. not anough shitposting.

you have to cleverly disguise your argument in a serious of posts about lolis and wanting to fugg some character.
>>
>>115802189
>>115802324
I wonder why /a/ is worst in the mornings. Past midnight everyone is a lot more intelligent, or at least used to be.
>>
>>115802274
You should know that /a/ is not the right place to talk "seriously" about anime.
>>
/a/'s biggest flaw is thinking studios mean everything you can expect from a show, and considering the actual staff (which can vary from show to show) has a very important influence.
>>
>>115802409
The sad thing is /a/ actual does have some very intelligent people about the industry you wouldn't find elsewhere, on the otherhand they are often overshadowed by the huge degree of autism and shitposters. The more time passes the more normalfags/crossboarders move in as well, which is sad. Especially since more people are moving in then people have time to adjust to the old /a/ board culture, and thus the board experiences huge culture shifts defined in part by the old anons and the new ones which is often worse then better.
>>
>>115802409
You can sometimes have productive discussions in the slower threads with just a few participants. Though I agree that you shouldn't expect to be able to have serious discussions here; only be aware that they aren't quite impossible and on a blessed occasion you may be granted one.
>>
>>115802125
And on the other side of the spectrum there are Yuasafags, Tominofags, Urobutcherfags, and Shinbo/SHAFTfags, who swear by the director/staff and nothing else.
>>
I actually do look at staff when picking stuff to watch.
>>
>>115802601
There's a difference between looking at the staff and blindly following someone.
>>
>>115802585
Honestly no where on the net is it better. You have smart, open minded people spread apart just about any anime website on the net but those people aren't usually as vocal and the people that are vocal are idiots and in the majority. That's why you can't have a good community without elitism, but a lot of /a/ has forgotten the point behind the elitism and are now just retards who think it's for the purpose of shitposting, and due to the loss of it's proper elitism people are coming in here and getting comfy who would've been shunned out years ago.

Perhaps elitism would be better applied elsewhere then an imageboard since it's impossible to build a reputation from the intelligent or kind or humble individuals from the normals and trolls.

It's just really hard to form a proper community, that knows how to have fun, aren't casuals, and are well informed and stable when it comes to discussions.
>>
>>115802125
> different director and writer.
And all of them are full of shit playing it safe and making the anime they work on have a very distinct KyoAni adaptation favour. I'm not even talking about artstyle, I'm talking about the whole direction thing. They are not supposed to play this shit safe.
>>
Explain Log Horizon then.
>>
>>115802941
Some studios do though, and those examples aside if you compare other works of there they are a little more varied from eachother.
>>
>>115802985
What about it? S1 and S2 are by different studios, a lot of the important staff is the same though, so even though the art is a little different DEEN can't completely ruin it.
>>
>>115802231
if you consider watching autistic delusional high school freshmen fun, no i dont like fun
>>
>>115802899
Recently it just feels like an overwhelming majority of the posters have completely missed the point in having an anonymous imageboard in the first place. They're afraid of being wrong or expressing opinions that aren't commonly accepted and would rather stifle discussion than partake in it. Rather than embracing the honesty that comes free of responsibility and making use of the unique environment here, they would rather stick to the status quo.

Not to say that every thread should be serious business only and that anything but that is unacceptable, but it's really sad to see people earnestly trying to generate discussion by sharing their insights only to have zero effort shitposting populate the thread.
>>
File: 1381932289101.jpg (219 KB, 1236x1500) Image search: [Google]
1381932289101.jpg
219 KB, 1236x1500
>>115803145
You don't sound like you had a very fun childhood. I'd give you a hug if I could.
>>
>>115803096
The fact that Deen ruined it when no important staff was replaced means that the studio does have an impact on anime you fuck.
>>
>>115803225
Absolutely. It's a great environment in theory, but it does suffer from a few base problems. It's natural that the more free the environment, unless it has some kind of high prequisite to enter, the more likely you'll have griefers who exist just for that purpose. I think some people just can't handle not being on a pedestal or are really insecure so when they don't get treated the way they want to they'll resort to immature and petty behavior. The other problem is who are neighbors are, namely the likes of /b/ and other low quality boards with very different culture but all on the same website, which sets an overall tone for all of 4chan that becomes more and more prominent as time goes on.

/a/ and 4chan did some things very right and still does, but on the otherhand is very stifling especially in the longterm.
>>
/a/'s capacity to care about living 3D people is limited to seiyuus and mangaka, and a few LN writers. Because they are so closely tied to the 2D world.

Directors are a little further removed, despite their influence over the anime projects.
>>
>>115803304
That's because they have shitty Directors and Writers, not every studio has so many bad eggs in one basket.
>>
I've been making an effort to learn more anime directors, but they are not as small a pool of people as VAs, and they are less celebrated.
>>
File: One True God.jpg (37 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
One True God.jpg
37 KB, 640x360
>>115803627
2d world is very idealistic and can constantly be refined in ways 3d can't. That said you eat 3d food and most of the 2d world takes inspiration from 3d. Even if the 2d world is superior, it wouldn't exist without the 3d world. People just like to cherrypick all the worst things in the 3d world to mirror their worthless existence instead of looking at the beautiful things or refining skills themselves so that they may do original and beautiful things that contribute to the world they love.
>>
>>115802125
I've learned the hard way that caring about directors and writers is essentially pointless, because no matter how good and successful their previous projects were they can always make shit, which just happens to be the show I had expectations about. Honestly, all writers in anime industry are fucking trash and wouldn't be successful anywhere else. They are happy if they can somehow strike gold once and make something at least slightly interesting, but twice usually doesn't happen.

Seiyuu, character design and animation quality are much more important because even if the show is shit, which is most of the time, I can at least enjoy the guaranteed quality of voice acting and cute girls.
>>
>>115803965
>Honestly, all writers in anime industry are fucking trash and wouldn't be successful anywhere else
That's your opinion. I think the reason they seem so bad to you is how different the culture is there then yours is. Also are you referring to writers for original shows or do adaptions count as well? Since mangaka technically are also writers for their own works that eventually gets adapted and some of them are pretty incredible.
>>
>>115802899
Go to an old forum like animesuki and look at posts from 2002 and before. True quality is timeless.
>>
>>115803965
Directors play a bigger part in Japan then they typically do in the West.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Animation_director
The directors in Japan are a lot more involved in the product and usually work as hard if not harder then everyone else.

That is if a director and animation director are the same thing. Otherwise I'm retarded.
>>
"/a/"'s (which is not a hivemind and whose collective users don't all do or think the same things) flaw in judging anything is that most people here are idiots who are free to say whatever stupid shit they want and just respond with memes, reaction images and insults when they get called on it.

90% of the posters and their opinions are not worth concerning yourself about at all.
>>
>>115803874

I have to admit, I'm jealous of those that make the things I enjoy. Being able to create something beautiful isn't easy, and I think I'm past the point where I could do something like that.
>>
>>115804360
I don't think you completely understand the purpose behind it. Because reactions like that do have a place if you know what damage control is. You're more likely to be familiar with what that is and what it means if you've been here long enough. On the otherhand I'm sure some oldfags never learn.
>>
>>115804120
Scenarists, mangaka, LN writers, whatever. Well, maybe some of them are incredible, but it's either doesn't get adapted or didn't interest me for reason or another.

>>115804269
>oh this show looks promising
>this guy also did X which was good
And in the end they still produce shit, despite their previous fame.

>director and animation director
They are not. "Director" is more like overall supervisor over the whole project. Animation director is responsible for animation.
>>
File: meaningless life.jpg (141 KB, 523x4409) Image search: [Google]
meaningless life.jpg
141 KB, 523x4409
>>115804408
It's never too late until you're dead. Or 70... then you're pretty screwed but you could still engage in the hobby enough to entertain yourself until your last breath.
>>
>>115804529
>They are not.
So Miyazaki really didn't play that big of a role in his films? Since he's known as a great animation director.

Can I also get a citation on where you came to that conclusion?
>>
>>115804626

It's too late. I'm not very smart or very creative, and I'm past the point where I could become much better in those departments. I can't really blame anyone but myself, but it's not like I'll let it stop me.
>>
File: Talent.jpg (90 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Talent.jpg
90 KB, 1280x720
>>115804800
>>
>>115804775
http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/作画監督
>>
>>115804834

That's why I said I won't let that stop me. If everything I make is garbage, then fine. I may as well give it a shot at some point.
>>
>>115805027
>may
>at some point
If you're going to do something don't let there be maybes. "I WILL do it when I have the time or make the time for it."

That's what you need to be saying if you're going to have the determination to do something and see it through.
>>
>>115804981
Thanks.
>>
>>115803965
I think a look at the staff will give you a much more educated guess though, then going into a series blind just because of it's studio.
>>
>>115805123

That's true, I don't like making promises if I'm not going to keep them though. I think I need someone putting the pressure on me, that's the only time I ever get anything done.
>>
>>115805402
>I think I need someone putting the pressure on me, that's the only time I ever get anything done.
Everyone feels like that though. What we really need to get things done is self-discipline.
>>
>>115805471

Well, I've never had an ounce of that in my life. I did everything I could to get out of doing anything that required effort. That's actually a bit sad when you think about it.
>>
>>115803227
0////0
>>
>>115805402
Some people function better learning by themselves most though need some kind of couch at least to get the gears spinning.

Find a community online or off or a private/junior college teacher in the things you think you're lacking. If you have no money, force yourself to go to your local library and park yourself at one of the tables after you've picked out books you can learn from. Especially anatomy ones. Do you feel bored and miserable and want to give up like you likely have in anything you actually wanted to be good at in life? Then put a leash on yourself that you can live with. Become a slave to this ambition for an entire week without any compromise. Then after the week is over you can return to your regretful existence, but for that one week as tough as it may be you'll find some sense of worth.

The potential opportunities you can make for yourself or methods don't stop there, if you want something countless methods to strive for it can be attempted. Most of the time though when others with ideals push their ideals on others it'll make you feel uncomfortable and reject it especially if I'm overloading you. All I can do none the less is keep pushing my ideals on you, and what you make of that in this brief meeting is up to you.
>>
>>115805701

I suppose the issue is I don't know exactly what I want to do. I just want it to be enjoyable, but it's easy to get frustrated. This is stupid, I gotta change it, or this looks horrible, and you get swept into changing everything, but in the end you don't end up going anywhere. Perhaps it's because it's easier to do pointless things without seeing the big picture, then saying it was impossible anyways.
>>
>>115806160
What you do, is stop thinking about it so much. That's all unnecessary baggage.

Don't think about what you don't like or shortcomings, just do, and if you're going to think, think in a way that will lead you forward. You can never panic, you again either don't think and just do or engage only in resourceful and productive thinking. That's the logical route.

Realize you're not going to be able to climb a mountain in one day and if you get discouraged at that and give up, every step you take or would have took will not mean nearly as much until you've scaled that mountain you have in your sights.
>>
>judging studios at all
Like I even care who makes what show. Each show I like stands on its own.
>>
>>115807092
>Like I even care who makes what show
Oh no, you should care about who makes what show. You come to learn what to NOT expect from them. And this is actually the one most important thing you need to enjoy anything at all.
>>
>>115807092
You should care because each Studio has it's own style and way of making anime.
>>
>>115802125
Why do you even care what /a/ thinks? Are you just realizing this now and feel obligated to post your little epiphany to /a/?

Studios know that the general public judges their works by their studio name, and they act accordingly. So having expectations by the name as a brand isn't as bad as you make it out to be. They also tend to have a collective style anyway.

Actually, you're creating an even bigger problem by creating a group of people who will claim to be anime experts because they know staff names and some of their works, and will now make even more confident, more retarded opinions despite still having shit taste. See what you've done? Ultimately, knowing names doesn't make you an anime expert at all. If you have shit taste, you have shit taste, regardless of how many names you can drop.
>>
>>115808911
It's about being well informed, and you're going to have retards regardless, they may as well be informed retards.
>>
>>115809118
Informed retards are even worse, is what I'm saying. Do we really need more Urobuchi/Okada/Imaishi troll threads? Then you get shit like bahifags who are fucking annoying too. Most of the time it's just cancer on /a/. /a/ was better when this shit didn't exist.
>>
>>115809408
Knowledge should never be frowned upon. It's the people who abuse it, and even with that being a risk factor ignorance is far worse.
>>
>>115802125
/a/ is not a place of scholarly masturbation.

It's a current events class where the events are chinese cartoons.

Don't forget that.
>>
>>115809926
>current events class
Wasn't even like that a few years ago, let alone 5 years ago. I mean it's always kept up with the current seasons, but a few years ago the typical answer if asked why people don't discuss old anime the reply would be that it's because they've been talked about to the ground, but if you want to discuss something that's finished airing with people then feel free to by making your own thread about it and those who will discuss it will come.
>>
>>115810116
Confirmed for never having taken current events.
>>
Welcome to the real world jackass.
>>
>>115802125
>For example Kyoani's works for Free, Chuu2, and Amagi Brilliant all have a different director and writer.

Ok. So they have no excuse for all of them being shit.

Based KyoAnus.
>>
>>115810116
/a/ never talked about old anime.
/a/ talked about a select few entry level anime that aired on TV in the 90s. And discussions about those always devolved into shit threads.

The /a/ you speak off never existed.
Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.