[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/a/ Analyzes Gundam Reconguista
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 77
File: gundam.jpg (576 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
gundam.jpg
576 KB, 1280x720
We've gotten four episodes. That's roughly 80 minutes, or a minimum of 80 pages according to the 1 page = 1 minute screenwriting rule. By comparison, the screenplay for The Dark Knight is 167 pages long and the screenplay for Inception is 147 pages long.

1) Describe the premise/setup for this show.

2) Describe everything you know about the characters that you think is important.

3) Describe the story/the dramatic journey the characters have gone on so far. Things like major emotional moments or internal conflict, belief-system's being challenged, relationships developing or changing, etc.

Please post your answers before reading others'. The point of this is to see the differences in viewers' perceptions.

This is a sincere academic exercise. Please keep trolling to a minimum.

If it matters to anyone, I enjoyed Turn-A Gundam well enough, but I have not enjoyed G-Reco so far.
>>
It's shit.
>>
>>115739858
Fuck off. There are posts on /m/ and here who explains everything to dumbfucks like you every time an episode air.
>>
>>115739954
Quote the posts then. You're getting butt-blasted over the most neutrally worded G-Reco thread in days.
>>
1. There's a war. There's a robot that only 3 people can pilot. That's about it

2. MC - Socially inept, incapable of understanding when he's in danger or other people's motives
Orange girl - Bipolar
Black girl - G, chu

3. Well the main characters have been tossed between both sides of the war and not even they themselves know who the fuck they're fighting for, or what exactly is going on.

At least there are poop jokes to hold our interest.
>>
I can see that this thread totally isn't going to devolve into shitposting and no actual analyzing/discussion of the show.

It was a good attempt and I wish there was actual discussion and speculation.
>>
>We've gotten four episodes. That's roughly 80 minutes, or a minimum of 80 pages according to the 1 page = 1 minute screenwriting rule. By comparison, the screenplay for The Dark Knight is 167 pages long and the screenplay for Inception is 147 pages long.

Why is this relevant? Those are movies, not television series.
>>
File: fuck haro.png (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
fuck haro.png
1 MB, 1280x720
It's fun.
>>
>>115739858
>The Dark Knight
>Inception
>3DPG
please back to >>>/v/ or >>>/tv/
>>
>>115740060
I felt that those two movies, which are generally regarded as two of the most intelligent and captivating in the last few years, would be good comparisons because they show how much substance/content/meaningfulness a good writer can cram into just 147-167 pages. TV show writers get a lot more pages/screentime to work with, yet they tend to waste it. This is true in live action TV as well as anime.
>>
>>115740055
>2. MC - Socially inept, incapable of understanding when he's in danger or other people's motives
> incapable of understanding when he's in danger
You aren't paying a lot of attention.
>>
>>115740164
But we don't know if it's been wasted or not yet. We can only know if time or elements are wasted within the context of the entire series.

We're only a handful of episodes in. Could it turn out to be disastrous? Yeah. I'll admit I don't think it's had an especially strong start (though I'm aware many people disagree), but it's still too early to say.
>>
>>115740243

Letting a prisoner pilot a fucking war machine is absolutely retarded by any standard. You can't make it make sense.
>>
File: CIA.png (563 KB, 569x802) Image search: [Google]
CIA.png
563 KB, 569x802
>>115739858
Why not use the dark knight RISE?
>>
>>115740282
I agree about looking at things in the context of the whole series. I think it would be interesting to make this thread once a week as new episodes air, and see how it develops. I would like to generate some non-shitposty discussion if at all possible.
>>
>>115739858

This thread is going to turn into nothing but shitposting but might as well get mine in early.

>Describe the premise/setup for this show.
You're using two different words as though they're interchangeable but whatever I'll try my best to give a backdrop. Pretend I'm the typical lazy writing Narrator that has plagued old UC gundam shows for years and yes, Tomino's older works were fucking filled with Pokemon-esque narration at the beginning of every other episode. Especially Zeta.

R.C 1014 the era that takes place after Universal Century, the main Gundam timeline; Bellri Zenam is a cadet in the Capital GUARD who are tasked with protecting Capital Tower in Capital which on the continent we'd call South America(more so Brazil/Venezuela/Colombia going by the map).

In this time of peace the Capital Guard are overglorified linesmen as described by another character. They are taking a Gondola along the Space Elevator for reasons, this likely isn't even important, could be part of their training.

Capital Tower is used as a means of transporting Photon Batteries that are manufactured on the Moon, to Earth. Capital(who seems to have the only Elevator left) has placed strict restrictions on technological advancement in fear of mankind repeating history and breaking out in a series of wars.

>Describe everything you know about the characters that you think is important.

Keeping this short as fuck, don't ever go on this as all there is to the characters.

Bellri Zenam - MC, skipped 2 grades, great insticts and understanding of MS. Genki as fuck.

Luin Lee - Kuntala and friend of MC, also highly skilled cadet, gets drafted into Capital Army in the next few episodes.

Noredo Nug - Jealous cheerleader, much of her background I don't know.

Aida Surugan/Rayhunton - Space "Pirate" who isn't really a Space Pirate, one of the only 3 people who can operate the G Self, which was captured by the late Cpt. Cahill in the opening scene.

1/?
>>
>>115740292
This. Everyone can most probably get the show, but it's these small little things that make no sense caused it to be confusing.
>>
>>115740292
>>115740426
He likes her so it makes sense.
>>
The characters act retarded, pink sex-hair best girl.
>>
File: 1402334464149.png (167 KB, 494x493) Image search: [Google]
1402334464149.png
167 KB, 494x493
>>115739858
Fuck you asshole, you are not my dad you don't tell me what to do
>>
File: 1412417555836.png (120 KB, 500x240) Image search: [Google]
1412417555836.png
120 KB, 500x240
>>115739858
>1 page = 1 minute screenwriting rule
>>
>>115740409
Really appreciate this kind of reply, I hope more people will contribute like this.

Come on /a/, this is an open invitation to go full autism on a show you either love or hate or even feel ambivalent towards without being shitposted for it.
>>
>>115740490
You can say that for Bellri, but you can't for everyone else. Students and cheerleaders aside, the adults didn't stop her nor did they bind her when they're going to hanger in episode 2. You can say they didn't have time or something, but they still let her near the mobile suit.

Episode 3's escape can be explained by them letting her go back so they can track the enemy.
>>
>>115740060

top lel
>>
>>115740292
>is absolutely retarded by any standard.

The G-Self is a black-box, they don't understand how it functions. Only 3 people can make it move that's why they let him pilot to try and figure out how it works.

Not to mention the one that let him pilot it was jealous because he himself couldn't pilot.
>>
What is a Kuntala? google says human cattle, is this real?
>>
>>115740608
It's not that part though. The "pirates" are holding Bellri's friends hostage, so he can't just turn around and hit them. It's more like Aida's piloting it.
>>
>>115740594
>the adults didn't stop her nor did they bind her

Because the commander of Capital let them flee so he could establish Capital Army and go to war.

Pay some fucking attention you retards
>>
>>115740594
Well it seems like it's all part of a plan.
>>
>>115739858
>1) Describe the premise/setup for this show
Pirates don't like how the dudes in charge of the power supplies are running things so they shitposts and are overall pretty vocal.
>2) Describe everything you know about the characters that you think is important
Aida pilots red Gundam, Bellri pilots blue gundam.
>3) Describe the story/the dramatic journey the characters have gone on so far
They went from point A (capital city) to point B (pirate base), some more willingly than others. Raraya got a pet fish.

I'm waiting for Tomino to get his shit together instead of dumping it inside Gundam.
>>
>>115740694
>>115740697
Did you not read that it's at the hanger part and not at episode 3? I know that they let her go, and I even said it.
>>
1) Fake world peace where nations live under the supervision of some religious organization who control the solar arrays and military tech is taboo. One country, Ameria, is angry about their strong arm tactics and both sides are reproducing advanced weaponry from some blue rose-whatsit database/blueprints. The UN Church now use their rebelry to put a traditional military force and are going to pull an Iraq on Ameria. Also, Kuntala are people bred to be eaten and their descendants are the niggers of the world. The G-Self seems to have come out of nowhere and I suspect the G stands for Genes.

2) Bellri's mom is in charge of the capital guard for UN church people and he's being used as an excuse for attacking Ameria/Megafauna. Aida is a princess or something. Monday is brain damaged and came with the G-Self. All three can pilot the G-Self and their Rayhunton/Gene code allows only them to pilot it. Klim Nick is Kira but is likeable asshole. Dellesen is going to die. Hime cut is getting CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT. Volken is a CHAR. UN Church heads want more control.

3)AIda loses people and feels like she has to double down. Bellri's having fun. Kuntala is there to keep Monday from hurting herself. We're really not in far enough to say much about this except for Aida.
>>
If you are confused no, you are going to have a meltdown when all the Char shenanigans start happening
>>
>>115739858

Okay.

1. G-Reco is set thousands of years in the future after the original Gundam's events, which was basically a series of violent wars that ended up damaging the planet. To prevent this from happening again, the last remaining space elevator and source of energy on Earth is controlled by a theocratic government called the Capital Territory, who distribute power batteries to the other countries and enforce a ban on the development of new technology past a certain point. However, the other countries are expanding and growing, so now they've gotten into a land war and have designs on seizing the space elevator themselves.

2. Main character is Bellri, who is a cheeky, talented prodigy who doesn't really have much in the way of loyalty or passion- he simply goes with the flow, and is very apathetic about the world. He's got a bit of an estranged relationship with his strict, workaholic mother. However, Bellri is countered by Aida, a foreigner and passionate girl who has deep-seated moral values that involve restoring democracy and forcing the Tower to stop dominating the other countries, because it's not fair and holds back human growth. She's very driven and inspires and intrigues Bell, but because she's so empathic whenever things go wrong Aida blames herself and beats herself up over it.

Cont'd
>>
>>115740426
>>115740292
>>115740594
It's been 3 weeks and people still don't get this and are still complaining about it
>>
>>115740409
Raraiya Monday - mysterious pilot of the G Self, she bailed out too high up(?) and is now suffering from brain damage due to from cerebral hypoxia most likely. She was found by Cpt Dellensen, instructor of the cadets and was named Monday because she was found on a Monday durr. Has potential to be the most interesting character if they would just fix her brain damage.

Cpt. Dellensen - Dead meat. So fucking dead. Holy shit he is going to die in episode 6. Cpt. Dellensen is one of the instructor for the cadets, he is also a member of Capital Army, an armed force formed unbeknownst to most of the public.

Manny - Luin's girlfriend, as evidenced by the ED it looks as though she'll join Capital Army. We might actually get a non-batshit insane female MS pilot this time around, something Gundam doesnt do too often.

Klim Nick - Son of the Amerian President, jackass extraordinaire. Best boy and Uchuu Kaizoku. Aida notes that he is trying to use her. Might be for political shit, might be just to start a war who knows at this point.

Cumpa Rosita - This is the man everybody needs to pay attention to. He is the Head of the Research Division, he is the one behind the forming of Capital Army. He nonchalantly allows Aida to leave once discovering she's an Amerian soldier, he uses the fact that Aida left with Noredo, Raraiya and Bell as "hostages" to hunt down the 'pirate ship' Megafauna and justify the creation of his army. The Capital Army as shown by pre-released material has a variety of mobile suits and mobile armor. Bellri comments that he feels that Rosita is 'testing him' which is why he happily goes along to pirate cove.

Everyone else is unimportant atm hell I'd say even Manny is unimportant right now. Rosita, MC and everything surrounding the G Self is what people should be paying the most attention to.

I also missed the part with Luin becoming our Masked Ace this time.

2/?
>>
>>115740811
3. One week before the series starts, a mysterious mobile suit falls from space, flown by a brown girl who is forced to eject when pirates and CT soldiers converge on her. The suit is taken by the pirates and the girl is captured. In the present time, Bellri is doing training with his mates on the Tower as a member of the Guard, an organization that protects and repairs the elevator, when he spots pirates going after a cargo train and his own train is hijacked by Aida, in the G-self. Despite Aida saying she'll let them go, Bell tackles her and the G-self decides to shut down instead of obey Aida's commands. She is captured and taken to the CT, where she's thrown in a cell. Bell discovers he can operate the MS.

Later, the Pirates once again attack, causing Aida's prison building to start to collapse. Bell and his friend Noredo come and rescue her, and since they know the pirates are after the G-self they go to the hangar and Aida tries to steal it- this fails, and Bell ends up piloting it. Aida's boss, Captain Cahill appears, but in the scuffle Bell freaks out and kills him and the pirates retreat. Aida's left terribly upset, but Bell explains in the aftermath that he was trying to prevent more casualties. It also comes out that the Guard are being superceded by a new organization, a proper military called the Capital Army, and they're building mobile suits that violate the taboo. Additionally, the "pirates" aren't pirates at all, but an undercover Amerian operation to steal energy batteries and the G-self from the Capital Territory.

cont'd
>>
>>115740827

I get it, it just doesn't make sense. Get it?
>>
>>115740839
However the CT's new army itself is amateurs, so when Klim Nick the Amerian ace shows up and demands they release Aida and the G-self, the research division head goes behind the back of the army and the Tower and has Aida go without incident, sending Bell along with her so that he can use him as an excuse to mobilize the Army against Ameria and track them down. Aida goes out in the G-self and stops Klim, doing her best to prevent civilian casualties like Bellri did.
Bell and Aida go to the Megafauna, the Amerian ship, and Bell figures out that they're connected to a laboratory nearby as he's very curious about the G-self and Aida. It turns out that the Amerians appear to have come to the TC not only to get the battery but also to build several G-type machines, which are technological taboo violations recorded in a mysterious set of blueprints that apparently came from a space location called Towasanga. The Capital Army, able to track them thanks to their launching of new military sattelites into orbit, swiftly launch an attack on the Megafauna, causing the captain to order his ship to move. Bellri, who owes Aida because she went out of her way to save the Tower earlier, repays her debt by hopping in the G-self and trying to talk to the Army pilots and stop them from attacking. Unfortunately trigger-happy Klim fucks this up and the fight continues, leading to the Army's retreat as Bell finds out from the Amerians that the real reason the Tower is bulking up is not just due to them or the other countries, but because they fear an unknown force arriving from space.

There.
>>
>>115740594
What adults? Only Kerbes was there everyone else was being scrambled and the platform is tiered. They aren't in space you cant just jump up there.
>>
New episode soon in 4 hours
>>
>>115740889
Well, ok. But it's not just him though. There's Bellri's friend too. They could hold her down or bind her when they get off, but didn't.
>>
Just for anyone who didn't get it:

The reason they let Aida wander around freely after the prison tower was destroyed is that they discovered she's an Amerian. Ameria gets their power from the Tower, so anything she did against them would mean the Tower would have a reason to withhold the latest shipment of batteries to her home country. It's a diplomatic game. Before they found that out she was properly locked up.
>>
"This world of ours cannot be looked into through the glasses of common sense.
You old Earthians who forgot yours dreams."

That's all that need to be said.
>>
The storytelling style of the show is old-school on purpose and it will slowly get more and more modern as the story continues. It's directly tied to the story. "Technological advances" are forbidden in the G-Reco world, but countries are slowly start to break the taboo. As technology advances so will the show. Tomino has storyboarded all episodes so far but that is actually confirmed to change soon.
>>
>>115741020

Huh? Bellri was going along with her. He's being tested by the research guy, who told him to go with Aida when they sent Aida out to distract Klim. The researcher leader wanted Aida to go because A: then Klim wouldn't shoot up the tower and B: he'd have an excuse for a rescue mission (military assault) later.
>>
>>115740836
>Describe the story/dramatic journey

Also keeping this short due to time constraints, I have a meeting in an hour and im still sitting here smelling like old jizz n sweat.

CAHILL DIES. AIDA CRIES.

That's the only major emotional event so far unless you count Momma Zenam's distress over her son being a hostage. Conflicts regarding whether the Capital's monopoly is justified have arisen but were lampshaded by an action scene. The Amerian military is using "Space Pirates" to steal Photon Batteries and that's no bueno. Sanctions may be placed on Ameria for doing this as MC's mother says when Rosita calmly tells her that her son is now a hostage. Pirates have no intent on hurting Bellri and the reason he gets in the G Self in ep 4 is because Klim told him to fucking do it.

As for relationships I feel it's still too early, you have to obvious Bellri being fascinated by Aida, Noredo getting no play from Bell and Aida still being mad that Cahill is just a can of soup.

In all I'm not loving G Reco as it still feels like it's just getting started but I at least understand it, it looks like it's going to be really rushed in middle.
>>115741020
If youre talking about the scene in the MUSEUM

Scene composition is important, stop counting heads of who should be there and watch what people are doing.

Kerbes is operating the crane.

Manny is with Raraiya.

Luin is starting up the barge, you see Kerbes himself telling him to start it up.

That leaves...Noredo who Aida slips away from.
Aida goes for the jump, makes it on the crane and Bellri doesnt want to hurt her which is why he ignored Kerbes' orders to shove her off, thus she is able to to get into the G Self with him.
>>
>>115741212
No, we're talking about the episode where Cahill died.
>>
>>115739858
>1 page = 1 minute screenwriting rule.
My sides.
>>
>>115741385

Oh that? Well yeah, like >>115741317 says everyone was busy and Noredo couldn't grab her on her own.
>>
>>115741317
Yes, but they could bind her up before they set off doing their own things. It wouldn't take long to do just that.
>>
Is the Capital Army basically a less competent Titans?
>>
>>115741423

They didn't really have time, shit was exploding. Also, it's not a wartime scenario. The people of the Capital haven't seen an actual war for centuries. Even when the pirates attacked it was just a small skirmish.
>>
>>115741408
Google it, anon. It's been the industry standard for a long time.

http://www.screenwriting.info/03.php
>>
>>115741503
But by not binding her, they're letting someone, other than the intended Bellri, get near it. Not to say that she's one of the 3 people who can pilot it. It's that mindset that I can't figure out.
>>
>>115741515
IRC pls go
>>
>>115741691

None of them are trained professionals except the guy operating the crane, though.
>>
File: 1400423108433.jpg (3 KB, 118x124) Image search: [Google]
1400423108433.jpg
3 KB, 118x124
>>115741502
More or less plus they have a Char,the colony of the moon is Zeon, Ameria the AEUG and Goodwan (Europe) is a wild card.
>>
File: greco aida.jpg (281 KB, 1280x1404) Image search: [Google]
greco aida.jpg
281 KB, 1280x1404
>>115741502
Basically.

I'm pretty sure Luin is going to be our Jerid but with a mask.

>>115741691
What would they bind her with? Where have they been since getting her out of the maze mansion whatever? Have we seen any more of those miniature MS around?

The minute they land she makes a B Line for the G Self and Kerbes is telling Noredo something.

Likely that they're there to move the G Self and keep it out of the hands of the pirates.
>>
>>115741760
I thought Luin had a professional mindset, or was I wrong? He looked like he knew a lot more than the regular students. Apart from that, isn't it common sense to tie up an enemy when they can operate something that not many people can operate, not to say bring her over to it?
>>
File: grabbing.jpg (36 KB, 368x467) Image search: [Google]
grabbing.jpg
36 KB, 368x467
>>115741946
If there's no rope, then try grabbing her like they did in the next episode.
>>
>>115742017

They had to keep her moving as the pirates were probably going to grab her. If they tied her up in the transport it'd have meant they'd then need to delay more to have someone get her out of it, etc

And yeah, Luin's still just a cadet.
>>
File: 1400940649000.webm (2 MB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
1400940649000.webm
2 MB, 960x720
>>115741502
The Titans were competent?
>>
>>115741946
>But Luin is a bro,he either goes full cyber-newtype or the guy with a mask his clone/twin like Puru.
>>
bellri wants to fuck pirate girl but she only cares about the guy he killed in episode 2. also there's robots and an autistic girl and they're fighting over solar power from a space elevator.
>>
>>115742078
See>>115741317

We're just going into hypotheticals now.

What happened was that they all got off that thing and Kerbes immediately told Luin to start up the barge after answering Noredo's question. I doubt either Manny or Noredo could take Aida straight up without a miniature MS and even so theyd have to get back on the barge.

Yes she should have been tied up but you cant hold her when that MS was holding the other walker during flight.

Thus he wouldn't be anywhere near Aida. Manny is taking care of Raraiya
>>
File: 1373312155448.jpg (111 KB, 581x668) Image search: [Google]
1373312155448.jpg
111 KB, 581x668
>>115741767
Abot that why does Cahill freaks out over the possibility of Raraiya being from there?
>>
>>115742224
>MS was holding the other walker during flight
When was that? I can't find the exact minute of it. Also, everyone was walking around Aida and no one cared that she's just running around the mobile suit.
>>
>>115741521
It's bullshit, and anyone who reads or watches movies can tell you so.
>>
>>115742358

Because the moon is where all the forbidden blueprints are from, and the Capital is gearing up because they fear an attack from space.
>>
>>115742385
Here you go, this was during flight, it then stayed that way for the rest of the episode.

Rewatch the scene.

They get to the hanger.

Aida gets off first and runs to the G Self, Bellri follows. Noredo off-screen asks what they're there for because it was answered literally a scene or two beforehand.After which Kerbes tells Luin to start up the barge, he even throws him the keys. Kerbes then goes to the crane.

That leaves Noredo and Manny to stop her but Manny is much further away with Raraiya.

If you don't believe me you can watch it yourself from the time shown in pic related.
>>
>>115742528
Oh, that flight. I thought it was the mobile suit's flight.

Also, there's two of them, and having one of them get off the barge to grab Aida is possible. They just didn't do it.
>>
>>115742729

They were busy, anon. Come on, will you just let it go already? Aida didn't even succeed in stealing it.
>>
>>115742772
Well, yeah, I couldn't be bothered anymore either. We started off from why they let Aida near a machine though.
>>
>>115742848

Because they pulled her out of the wreckage of the prison tower and had to get over to the hangar in a hurry.
>>
Is Tomino just another word for awful writing?
>>
>>115742729
Only one of them had arms, which is how they were falling in the first place. One arm secures it, the other holds the walker.

Bipedal robots are fucking impractical worse so when they have no hands.
>>
Aida is best girl.

That is all.
>>
File: 1412875939743.gif (2 MB, 290x379) Image search: [Google]
1412875939743.gif
2 MB, 290x379
>>115743264
>>
>1) Describe the premise/setup for this show.
The nations/superpowers of Gondwan and Ameria are at war and have been for some time.

Capital Tower, apparently the only place in the world with space elevators, basically controls the distribution of energy and resources between the Moon/colonies and the superpowers. As such, they have the power to enforce sanctions, rations, and embargos for nations who break Taboo.

Taboos are pseudo-religious laws CT put into place to halt or slow humanity's technological advancement/rebuild out of fear that technology led to the events of late UC, where people fought over rapidly dwindling resources. Gondwan and Ameria blatantly ignore the Taboos for reasons and routinely steal resources using "space pirates."

The Capital Army was formed to respond to some threat "from space," though this is pretty obviously a cover. CT's Capital Guard, a completely different organization, had no knowledge of CA's existence until very recently.

>2) Describe everything you know about the characters that you think is important.
Tomino is going to make a massacre out of them as usual so I'd advise against being too affectionate to anyone.

Shit writers reap what they sow.

>3) Describe the story/the dramatic journey the characters have gone on so far. Things like major emotional moments or internal conflict, belief-system's being challenged, relationships developing or changing, etc.
See above. Who cares, they're all gonna die.
>>
>>115739858
This sounds suspicously as if we are supposed to do your homework.
DIY
>>
>>115739915
/thread
>>
The pirate girl is the hottest girl of the season
>>
Can the G-Arcane be piloted by anybody or just the 3 of them still?
>>
File: 1413647425164.png (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1413647425164.png
1 MB, 1280x720
>>115743859
It was made by the same blueprints as the G-Self so maybe.
>>
>>115743859

We're not sure, but it's an imitation machine built on Earth by Ameria's contractors, so it's not the same as G-Self which is from space. So probably can be piloted by anyone.
>>
Sunrise wanted to do another big Gundam show to sell their new neat designs.

Since Sunrise cannot into writing after they did Escaflowne might as well get that bald guy who everyone on /m/ worships. Can't be worse than Geass guy flopping last year.

Bald guy is butthurt about Japan's weimar syndrome that manifested in SnK commercial success. So bald guy made the script as close to what he (old bald guy starting to get senile) thinks is hip, funny and antiwar as possible.

Que Greco.
>>
>>115743936

Holy shit this is the most embarassing non-girlfriend-related post I've ever read on /a/
>>
>>115744018
Have you been to /a/ trap threads?
>>
>>115743936

Escaflowne was unmitigated garbage though.
>>
>>115743936
His writing hasn't really changed so I don't think he's senile.
>>
>>115743936
>Japan's weimar syndrome that manifested in SnK commercial success.
What?
Were Eotens supposed to represent baka gaijins or something?
>>
>>115743264
It's the only thing I have clear about this series so far.
>>
>>115743264
This.
>>
>>115740055
>There's a war
Pretty sure that's wrong. It's peace time.
>>
>>115746277
They thought it was peaceful because they are in Capital and there's a global taboo on weapons and technology but the realitty is Ameria and Gondowan are already fighting and Capital is already preparing for conflict
>>
>>115739915
This. I seriously hope it picks up later, because now it's an incomprehensible mess.
>>
>>115743424
Why she danced though?
>>
>>115748483
She wanted to.
>>
File: get in the fucking robot.jpg (317 KB, 1200x1600) Image search: [Google]
get in the fucking robot.jpg
317 KB, 1200x1600
>>115746221

On this scene they went full Ken in her design.
>>
>>115743936
>Since Sunrise cannot into writing after they did Escaflowne might as well get that bald guy who everyone on /m/ worships. Can't be worse than Geass guy flopping last year.

Both your premise and argument are pretty questionable, if not outright wrong.
>>
>>115743264
This.

Klim is best boy.
>>
Ralaiya and Klim Nick are so OTP, i like it, they are funny
>>
It's hilarious and Bellri Klim Meijuin hijinks are carrying the show into deep space.
>>
>>115752333
Raraiya was way too cute this episode. Best OTP
>>
File: 8767546578.jpg (506 KB, 1276x2154) Image search: [Google]
8767546578.jpg
506 KB, 1276x2154
OTP
>>
>>115752333
Is it okay to sleep with a girl with brain damage from oxygen deprivation? Even if they are brown?
>>
>>115752410
They really are carrying the show. I'm pretty disappointed that Aida is still crying about Cahill every episode. Next week is supposed to be a turning point for Bell so get hyped.
>>
>>115752475
I don't want klim to die
>>
Tomino has the technical skill to actually write a moeblob but make her an unbearable retard that you wish would go away.

Tomino has fired shots at modern day animoe
>>
>>115752475
Way better than a desperate pink slut, and a bland MC that can only think of pirate ass

Also

>Muh Cahill!
>>
>>115741317
>CAHILL DIES. AILA CRIES.
AND SHE'S STILL CRYING, JESUS WOMAN
>>
The only thing I don't like about this show is the retarded characters. Everything else is explained more or less but the character are freaking retarded. It feels more like they are all acting and none of it feel natural. Like they are forcing the emotions.
>>
>>115740836
You forgot to mention that Dellensen is a bro
>>
>>115752659
But Ralaiya is so cute, i don't bother with her retardness, her interaction with Klim Nick is so fun to watch

>>115752555
It's clearly Belri was wrong to kill him, if only he is still alive they can become friends
>>
>>115752843
Bell's main motivation may be pirate ass but the kid is curious about everything around him.
>>
>>115752530
Why not, if she likes you
>>
>>115741946
But Luin is cool, unlike Jerid
>>
>>115742114
>Kicks the gun off Jerid's hands and throws him off of a cliff
>Jerid, who at that moment, was already injured
Kamille is metal as fuck
>>
>>115739858
Did Tomino ever comment on The Origin manga? I really wonder what he has to say about it. It's absolute marvel.
>>
>>115743264
MUH CAHILL
>>
>>115748548
She wanted to leave her fears behind
>>
>>115753422
>Steals a gundam just to get back at his detainment officer
More like a psychopath
>>
>>115753464
I don't know, but Yasuhiko's take on it is incredible
>>
>>115753570
One does not cancel the other
Still best Gundam MC
>>
Black haired slut is best.

Most characters so far are unlikable and act dumb, no surprise, this is Tomino.

MUH CAHILL

Klim Nick is best.

Montero or whatever is called is fucking sexy, the head reminds me of Eva03.
>>
>>115752475
Raraiya is slowly growing on me
Klim was already best
>>
So Dellesen is going to die?
>>
>>115753820
Yes and Bellri is pretty much confirmed to be the one to kill him.
>>
File: 411204.jpg (64 KB, 500x400) Image search: [Google]
411204.jpg
64 KB, 500x400
>>115752932
Yeah but if Turn A is anything to go by he is never gonna tap that
>>
>>115753820
Yes
;_;
>>
>>115753971
Loran got to live in a log cabin with his waifu.

Its okay if he doesnt get to fuck her, that would be enough for any autist that dedicated to the moon waifu.
>>
File: 1414085272434.jpg (239 KB, 1903x1070) Image search: [Google]
1414085272434.jpg
239 KB, 1903x1070
2spooky
>>
>>115752475
CHUCHUMII
>>
File: 138154651545.png (87 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
138154651545.png
87 KB, 250x250
>>115754890
So is he really a Cyber NT or what?
>>
>>115753971
how so?
>>
>>115752475
She loves to bully him
>>
>>115752475
Raraiya and goldfish?
>>
>>115756023
REKT Sochie
>>
>>115742114

Man, little blue haired girls kick Titan's asses. How shameful.
>>
File: 1414085439512.jpg (123 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1414085439512.jpg
123 KB, 1920x1080
Captain best reconguista
>>
>>115754890
>that shading
What the fuck
>>
>>115739858

Obviously people are just going to say it's shit and claim it's incomprehensible. I think the /a has made it's now run into the ground stance on the show more than clear. At this point these threads are just rehashes. Like nobody wants to actually discuss the show clearly
>>
>>115741032

This should be really bloody obvious and clear, but part of the problem is that a lot of people don't really understand really obvious political gambits anymore. Like the show expects you to follow the train of logic like most Gundam shows and come to this rather obvious conclusion, but it doesn't outright have the Colonel state that he's doing x for y reason to the camera so of course people are absolutely confused as fuck. If it was some light novel trope people would understand the obvious implications but it's not. Tomino gives todays audiences way to much fucking credit is part of the problem which is half his fault and half the audiences for being too stupid and uneducated to follow his kinds of shows anymore. I find Gundam has run into these sorts of problems in recent times in general though, at least the ones like 00 and Unicorn though with Unicorn people can at least watch it for the OVA tier mecha action and Sawano music and pretend like they have any fucking clue what is going on in the interim.
>>
>>115757343
Some people don't like figuring stuff out by themselves, i guess
Everyone is too used to exposition characters and stuff like that
>>
>>115757343
Some people don't like figuring stuff out by themselves, i guess
Everyone is too used to exposition characters and stuff like that
I'm not gonna lie, Tomino's narrative is confusing at times, but the answers are right there
>>
>>115758015
Shit, i can't delete my own post
>>
Wow
>>
Sub when?
>>
>>115759358
>[HorribleSubs] Gundam Reconguista in G - 05 [720p].mkv
>>
>>115759543
Wow, Why is the sub so fast today? Thanks anon
>>
>>115759543
Excellent.
>>
File: 1414085649600.jpg (177 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1414085649600.jpg
177 KB, 1920x1080
>Using toilet water to blind your opponent

Only Tomino
>>
>>115759543
Is Reconguista produced at 1080p?
>>
>>115760800
1080p rips are available but they're upscales and come out later for some reason
>>
>>115760800
Even if shows get produced in 1080p like Nyaruko W - Downloading 1080p Crunchyroll rips still doesn't make sense because CR doesn't get the full quality.
>>
File: 1396944290867.webm (2 MB, 1440x1088) Image search: [Google]
1396944290867.webm
2 MB, 1440x1088
>>115742114
>>115753422
>>115753570
>>115753631
People are only realizing this now?
>>
>>115739858
Premise : In a future probably centuries after Gundam Unicorn, earth is governed by an apparently prosperous theocracy, forbidding the advancement of science. Bellri zenam, the protagonist, is a soldier in training from earth who after fighting against a mysterious mobile suit (Geeee) and falling in love with its pilot, seems to have been chosen by the mysterious mobile suit, which won't let anyone but him and the red head pilot it. There's something like racism going on against Kuntalans.

2) the short haired white cheerleader is a guy and that's the only character of interest to me All the neon haired characters seem to be Kuntalans. Bellri is academicaly brilliant and the son of the school's director. His rose haired best friend has a crush on him. Luin Lee is hot and as a Char clone probably has an evil obective we don't know about yet. Who cares about Lalah Sune.

3) Bellri is brainwashed by the system. But little by little through his interactions with Aida he learns that everything he holds as truth doesn't to the pirates. He also feels guilt for killing the captain no one cares about so he's trying to make amends to Aida.
Luin Lee is obviously trying to climb the social ladder through academic and military achievement. His zeal is suspicious, though it may only be a will to rise above his kuntalan heritage. Lalah slighlty regains her mental capabilities with every episode.

I think the series is undeniably of good quality, but it didn't succeed in getting me involved with the plot or any of the characters. I'm not looking forward for anything to happen, nor am I identifying with any of the characters. I do however enjoy the character interactions.

Sorry for the long ass post, I'm drunk and I had nothing else to do.
>>
http://a.pomf.se/zfbeej.webm
audio version
>>
File: Euzeth_Gozzo.gif (33 KB, 350x270) Image search: [Google]
Euzeth_Gozzo.gif
33 KB, 350x270
>>115754890
>>
>>115760546
Sasuga Tomino
>>
File: 1365540400171.gif (3 MB, 416x312) Image search: [Google]
1365540400171.gif
3 MB, 416x312
>>115760546
>>115761208
>>
File: 1382987824420.png (284 KB, 649x489) Image search: [Google]
1382987824420.png
284 KB, 649x489
>>115760930
>well never get another series of kamille being an autistic asshole
>>
>>115761421
We can only hope, anon
>>
>le epic build babies rebuttal
>>
Damn, this episode was kinda awesome. I didn't have this much fun since Baharimax second episode. Raraiya's autism is pure gold, in particular when she's around Klim.
>>
1. It's Gundam Tomino except now everyone's dancing FABULOUS hundreds of years after zeta

2. Their color scheme reminds me of salt-water taffy candy

3. Characters are enjoying the springtime of their youth, they don't have time to worry about war and battlefields
>>
Wat?
>>
>>115762160
Please don't let Aida be gay ....
>>
File: Master Miller Reconguista.png (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Master Miller Reconguista.png
2 MB, 1280x720
Can we instead analyze where this series fits in the Metal Gear Solid timeline?
>>
File: 1414083233628.jpg (155 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1414083233628.jpg
155 KB, 1920x1080
Who is this Mask? Why does he wear a mask?
>>
File: water ball.webm (3 MB, 600x336) Image search: [Google]
water ball.webm
3 MB, 600x336
Nice scene using the water ball thing.
>>
>>115762283
Sanke this is McDonell Miller, it's been a long time!
>>
>>115762298
It is for monitoring
>>
>>115762764
That's toilet water
>>
>>115762160
She's whispering in her ear
>>
>>115762952
Damn,that container got some nice capacity.

>>115762987
Weird head movement but acceptable enough.
>>
>>115762160
She told her something or gave her some kind of a signal.
>>
I don't like how grainy the outlines on this show are.
>>
File: 1409014746447.jpg (14 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1409014746447.jpg
14 KB, 250x250
G so fucking chill and fun to watch, i can't remember the last time i've enjoyed watching a mecha as much.
It resembles King Gainer in terms of atmosphere a little. The same sense of lighthearted adventure.
>>
>>115757129
We had some people actually try to give some insight but I agree, it's kinda the status quo to bash it now, sort of like revenge for all the shitposting on A/Z and we all know how people on 4chan love to go against the grain by doing the same thing as another set of people even if it means acting like complete retards.

>>115757343
In all honesty, I want to believe /a/ is smarter than that. Though with every question as to 'why x happened' it really makes me feel like the only people watching this spend half their time on their smartphone or something.

But when you tell them that what they missed it's just nothing but shitposting in rebuttal, it's exhausting trying to discuss the show when everyone is trying to get their retarded memes and one liners in.
>>
>>115762160
Aida listens to what that woman listens from her headset
>>
>>115739858
A boy gets in a robot and becomes a hero. therefore it's already better than Eva
>>
I can't tell if actually reading the subs makes a difference when watching this show.
>>
File: luin.png (904 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
luin.png
904 KB, 1280x720
Everything about this was fun and hype. Damn.
>>
File: 88679454937.jpg (515 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
88679454937.jpg
515 KB, 1280x720
>>115739858
>>
>>115763437
>it's kinda the status quo to bash it now
It's because you have persistent and obvious shitposters that people keep replying to. One look in the archive will show that but faggots never use it so they keep taking the bait.

It's not to say that everyone who doesnt like it is the same person but when you're seeing the same shit where the only difference is a comma or a change from the word faggot to idiot it's pretty obvious someone is out there trying to stir up shit by making some sort of shitty fanbase war.
>>
The elevator is all the way to the moon? and Im assuming the capital city people are manning the photon batteries production facilities?
>>
>>115763731
>gets shit done since the beginning despite operating under extreme conditions
>smart enough to use everything he has in hand to stop the enemy
>still has some kind of an unknown agenda (way too chill about being pretty much a hostage as well as his mother, mother is greatly displeased with actions of higher-ups)
I really like this guy.
>>
>>115763974
Kamille and Amuro are you even TRYING?
>>
>>115763828
>luin.png
That's not Luin. That's some weird stranger wearing a butterfly mask.
>>
File: 1369694919530.png (446 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1369694919530.png
446 KB, 640x480
Bellri
Dandy

2014 the year of comfy protags?
>>
>>115762283
I knew that guy reminded me of someone
>>
>>115764343
Obviously his name is Cinco Bajeena.
>>
>>115764801
That would be Cincco Pinez
>>
File: nnt.png (517 KB, 406x579) Image search: [Google]
nnt.png
517 KB, 406x579
>>115764766
Also Meliodas.
>>
>>115764936
good taste
>>
I just gotta say, it is very interesting experience to watch a Tomino Gundam on a week-by-week basis, with everyone else and all that. I think it makes it better. Am I correct in assuming this is his first show in years?
>>
can we stop pretending to make sense of this fucking mess of a show and just watch the vastly superior Build Fighters instead?
>>
>>115764801
It's Trois Yurithra
>>
>>115765408
>Am I correct in assuming this is his first show in years?
His last show was Overman King Gainer which aired in 2002-2003 since then he did an OVA and a few shorts so yeah it's been over 10 years.
>>
>>115765446
Kill yourself with your shitty fanbase war.
>>
File: bitch_ass.jpg (73 KB, 360x267) Image search: [Google]
bitch_ass.jpg
73 KB, 360x267
>>115765446
>Build Fighters
>>
>people angry that people in the military are acting like idiots when the world has been at peace for hundreds of years
>>
/comfy/
>>
chuchumy
>>
I thought the one in the hat was supposed to be a trap.
>>
>>115766086
>everyone has a bow while he has a scarf

That's a hint
>>
>>115739858
>1) Describe the premise/setup for this show.

Tomino just doing whatever with the usual gundam plot.

>2) Describe everything you know about the characters that you think is important.

MC is autistic and has huge boner for main girl.

G-self is half a gundam.

>3) Describe the story/the dramatic journey the characters have gone on so far. Things like major emotional moments or internal conflict, belief-system's being challenged, relationships developing or changing, etc.

Let's see: training, pirate attack, more pirate attack, retardation attack on MC and siding with porate gurl for boners.
>>
>>115766161
She has tits though.
>>
>>115766307
Is that guy giving a thumbs up in the background or is that some sort of phone in his hand?
>>
>>115766307
Hormone therapy does amazing things anon.
>>
>>115766174
>pirate girl for boners

Watch latest ep if you couldnt figure it out before then
>>
Bellri you have to stop. My dick can only get so hard.
>>
Looks like it's time to say goodbye to Dellensen next ep.
>>
What the fuck happened to the Gundam franchise?

This is nothing like the Gundam 00 and Gundam Wing I'm used to.

Even Seed was more recognizable than this.
>>
File: 1411812031170.jpg (14 KB, 224x225) Image search: [Google]
1411812031170.jpg
14 KB, 224x225
>>115766814
>>
File: 1412444328126.jpg (2 MB, 3000x2250) Image search: [Google]
1412444328126.jpg
2 MB, 3000x2250
>>115766814
>>115766867
>>
File: No sir, I don't like it.jpg (120 KB, 730x812) Image search: [Google]
No sir, I don't like it.jpg
120 KB, 730x812
>>115766699
She's tired.
>>
>>115766814
>00
>W
That's where the problem lies, you're a newfag in Gundam, I bet you haven't watched Victory, F91 and Turn-A or read Crossbone
>>
>mother is displeased with actions of Capital Army and possibly pope itself
>looks really fucking chill about her son being a hostage on a ship that is about to be blown the fuck out
>son is super chill about the whole situation too and mentioned something about Capital Army being a total enigma even to him, possibly even dangerous, it looks like he doesn't even want to escape and has some kind of an aim he need to fulfill while staying with pirates
>>
>>1157670
Bell's mom is going to be a scapegoat, With the way things have gone.
>>
I don't get this show. You're friends one minute then you're killing each other the next. Prisoners are allowed to roam free and steal military equipment. Kids assault military officers and don't get punished afterwards.
>>
>Tomino: Stick to A/Z faggot!
>>
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
>>
>>
>>115767293
Now will you faggots shut the fuck up already about them not stopping Aida from escaping
>>
Does anyone have a webm of Bellri beating Toilet Prince's ass? Easily the best part of the episode.
>>
I love it.
>>
Dellensen's death at the hands of Bell I think will lead to a lot of things, most probably his mother's death
>>
>>115767251
Can we have a collection of all of these? These are gold.
>>
>>115767339
Bitch Mask masking it up was the best part of the episode.
>>
>>115762298
isn't that Luin?
>>
>>115767431
Alright, second best, then.
>>
>>115767225
Bellri hasn't killed anyone from the Capital so far.
It looks like he and his mother have some aim of their own, that's why he stays with pirates.
He also actively answered all their questions and helped them in battle, gaining their trust.
>>
>>115767503
>He also actively answered all their questions and helped them in battle, gaining their trust.

It's still bad military protocol to let an unauthorized individual wandering around your base without supervision.
>>
The one thing I dislike is that it just has to have a quip every moment. EVERY MOMENT even when shit's flying off everywhere. You're thinking just get on with it.
>>
So pink hair is a lesbian, right?
She hugged that ship's pilot familiar like
>>
>>115767669
They were whispering, she was wet for Cahill
>>
>>115767387
Shes the only one standing for the Capital's original ideals and she's surrounded by power hungry dicks.
>>
>>115767669
Pilot girl slapped her ass as well.
>>
>>115766940
>read
Go back to Japan or Britain you knowitall.
>>
worst
>>
At first I thought this would end up with a sexless marriage like Turn A but that's just not possible with Bellri.
>>
>>115767583
Pirates are shown really fucking disorganized in general. I can't even call them a real military organization, they are like what, barely organized forces of multiple countries joined together to gain control over the energy sources?
>>
>>115767669
>>115763665
>>
How are Japs reacting to this episode?
>>
>>115767953
They actually really liked this episode.
>>
>>115767583
They got more lax with him after he helped the last ep.

And this ep makes it clear they want him to defect. Just look at what Aida did at the end of the ep.
>>
>>115766814
G no Reconquista is much more like MSG. MSG is still leagues better since it was a serious effort at sci-fi while GnR's more whimsical but the pace, the intimacy of the action are a lot alike.

I seriously like the choreography. I'm fucking bored of the fly, pew, pew fighting from the non-Tomino directed Gundams. GnR has short, unique skirmishes much more like real combat and none of the pilots seem godly/even the really good ones fuck up.
>>
>Lieutenant getting rekt by a kid
kek
>>
>>115768108
They were lax with him even before he helped. Captain Genius was the one who put him into the G-Self.
>>
>>115768108
So she's gonna be forced to fuck Bellri because they need him to fight, right? Doujin authors best be gettin to work.
>>
>>115767953
Mask's mask is now a big twitter meme
>>
>>115768273
>WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
>>
>>115768216
How old lieutenant anyway?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 77

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.