[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Partially Translated Story Time - Me and the Devil Blues - Hiramoto
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 251
Continuing onto volume 2. Devil Blues resumed serialization.

>Legend has it that if you take your guitar and stand at a crossroads at the witching hour, the devil will appear. He'll grab your instrument, play a song, and hand it back to you. You'll walk away an expert bluesman, but you'll have to pay the price: your immortal soul.

New chapter (needs scanlation)

>>113233018 (Cross-thread)
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/ub5cokzffka74/YM_The_3rd

Hiramoto also works on Prison School.

Previous thread:
>>113269354
>>
v2 will require an additional thread.
>>
>>
>>
>>
Good joob.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>113280837
>Partially
Who would've thought?
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
Can't wait for more of his lovely crosshatching. That reminds me that Natsu no Zenjitsu is ending as well.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
#niggasiezure
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
Ah, I Ioved this series. Isn't being continued?
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
As a musical interlude to enrich the story, try this blues rock version of Johnson's Cross Road Blues performed by the English band Cream, featuring Ginger Baker on drums, Jack Bruce on bass and Eric Clapton on vocals and guitar. It's a fine video of a short, live performance of the song by the legendary acid rock trio. The interplay between bass and drums is especially amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8t5Hc5EvAA
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
I think what I love the most is just in that critical moments, the art is just at another level and then he knows when to tone it down again.
>>
>>
>>113282498

As much as I like Cream, the original version by the original nigger Robert Johnson is much more appropriate than a cover by a bunch of english fucks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yd60nI4sa9A

Really, anything by a black american blues musician would be better.
>>
>>
I want to fuck Clyde.
>>
>>
>>113282661
I wonder what masturbation would be like with that hand.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>113282695
Homo.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>113282683
Talented English fucks who were devoted to Johnsen's music, though. Fact is the reason the world knows who Robert Johnson is largely due to the loving obsession of bands like Cream. Johnson himself likely wouldn't be angry at the arrangement, why are you?
>>
>>
>>
>>
Crazy shit.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>113283167
what
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>113280837
body status: spooked.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
File: Mashed_Potato_Johnson.jpg (38 KB, 624x352) Image search: [Google]
Mashed_Potato_Johnson.jpg
38 KB, 624x352
>>113283010

Don't speak as if you know the opinions of a dead man. Actual Mississippi delta blues is simply more appropriate to the tone of the story.

opinions
>>
>>
>>
>>113284424
On a slightly off topic note, is there any anime that make use of a blues soundtrack?
The only one I know of is NieA_7.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>113284541
Kids on the Slope isn't blues, but it's got some good jazz.
>>
>>
>>113284541
Was that even blues? I only remember that it ukulele this ukulele that.
>>
>>
>>
>>113284648
It had occasional blues songs play in the background.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAy3GPghwPg
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>113284625
Too bad the show itself was garbage. Jazz is cool though.

Davis, Coltrane the list goes on
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
Why exactly did he grow five extra fingers out of nowhere?
>>
>>113284947
Devil's fuckin with him
>>
>>113284947
All the better to play with, my dear.
>>
>>
>>113284947
The devil don't take half measures.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
Anyone here ever listen to Robert Johnson?
It's good but it ain't three hands good.
It wasn't his skill that got him fame, it was his style.
Ether way, it's a good fucking manga.
Is this out in the volume out in the US et?
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>113286285
Beautiful eyes
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>113287647
What a tweest
>>
>>
I want to punch the god damned kid so much.
>>
>>
>>113287701
Why? Kid's got a knack for cars, is a hard worker, and knows the importance of discretion.
>>
>>
>>113287701
Why? He laid him a solid just now.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
This is beyond excellent.

I'm surprised at the extremely American nature of the story, too. Wonder what inspired the author?
>>
>>
>>113288013

It's not that uncommon for mangaka to be Westaboos, but I would also like to know. Maybe there's an obscure interview somewhere out there.
>>
>>113288013
Blues.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
Hey Elemhunter, if you get a translator I'd be more than happy to typeset and maybe do some basic editing.
>>
>>
>>113288631

Ah yes, the most common bottleneck. Thanks though, if someone steps up I'll be sure to make a thread.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>113288631
>basic editing
It would require more than just basic editing, though.
>>
>>
>>113288478
Now see why I hate this kid?
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
Who knew the act pouring sugar into water could be this fucking tense.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 251

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.