[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You know, despite supposedly being a secret agent working for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: Itachi_talks_to_Hiruzen.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Itachi_talks_to_Hiruzen.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
You know, despite supposedly being a secret agent working for Konoha all along, Itachi sure didn't put any effort in actually helping Konoha or sharing any intel while he was alive
>Never told anyone about "Madara" being back
>Didn't kill Orochimaru when he had the chance, or any other member for that matter
>Never shared intel on where the Akatsuki hideouts are
>Never shared any intel on any Akatsuki members, nobody knew who they were or what their powers were
>Never told anyone about the Hidden Rain being under Akatsuki control
>Never told anyone about Akatsuki's goals
>Didn't do anything to sabotage Akatsuki's efforts
>Actually helped Akatsuki a lot by executing all of his missions flawlessly, including helping them capture WMDs

Did he have no way of telling Hiruzen or Danzo anything?
>>
Pretty sure he was reporting to Hiruzen every now and then.
>>
>>142560902
Nope. If he had, then Konoha would have had intel on Akatsuki and Madara. They had none.
Unless of course, Itachi told Hiruzen, but then Hiruzen never bothered telling anyone else or writing it down before his death.
>>
I'll go over each of these.

1) Itachi never learned that Tobi was "Madara". If you're referring to how Itachi conspired with "Madara" to kill the murder the entirety of the Uchiha, revealing to anyone that "Madara" was still alive would blow his cover as someone who hated the Leaf village. This would go against his ultimate goal of helping Sasuke. The majority of Itachi's efforts within the Akatsuki were relaying intel about movements, and delaying attacks on Konoha (which he was evidently quite successful at)

2) Killing other members would blow his cover, make gathering future intel impossible, and further make his ultimate goal of helping Sasuke grow more difficult. He needed to maintain the facade of a villain for his plan with Sasuke to work.

3) We don't know this. We know he shared intel about the Akatsuki's movements and such, but physical hideouts aren't really important when they meet telepathically.

4) Only partners in the Akatsuki knew about each other's powers, if I recall correctly. Further, revealing this information would allow one to deduce who the rat within the organisation was. The Akatsuki have excellent information gathering skills.

5) See last point

6) Were the Akatsuki's goals apparent to any of the members bar Pain & Konan (fake goals) or Tobi & Madara (real goals)? They were mercenaries with some guidance, mainly, not people with mutual intent.

7) This would blow his cover and hinder his success in his ultimate goal.

8) See last point. The majority of his efforts were in protecting Konoha, not the world. He informed them of their movements and delayed attacks on them.

If you've got any further questions or I fucked anything up, other anons will have to take over because I've got shit to do.
>>
>>142560583
>>Never told anyone about Akatsuki's goals
Akatsuki's goals changed like every time they fucking appeared.

>We're doing it for money
>We're doing it take over the world
>We're doing it cause MY FRIEND IS DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAD
>>
>>142561185
Actually as a last point, Naruto as a whole (stuff Kishi wrote anyway) tends to be pretty airtight in terms of narrative (as far as 700+ chapter shonen go). There's some issues, for example, Tobi's arm falling off when he fought Minato (that arm was on his good side, not his Zetsu side) is one that I haven't been able to reconcile. Otherwise you're pretty hard pressed to find things inconsistent with elements already existing in the plot.

There's probably other plot holes, but I read the manga ages ago and don't recall them. A lot of what people consider plot holes though (especially on here) just show they fucking suck at reading comprehension/understanding intentions.

Peace nigga
>>
>>142561185
Itachi telling people all that intel wouldn't have blown his cover as long as Konoha didn't act on that intel.
It's like how in WWII when they cracked the Enigma Machine, they made sure not to act on all intel, because they knew that if thet did the Germans would change their code, so they only acted on intel that the Germans could assume came from another source.
More importantly, Itachi intended to die before his fight with Sasuke, so he should have done something to make sure Konoha knew everything he knew for the battles to come.

Also, Orochimaru tried to kill Itachi and betrayed the group, Itachi could have killed him without blowing his cover. Heck, he could have killed anyone and then claim they were weaklings that were in his way, like Kakuzu did.
>>
>>142561585
>as long as Konoha didn't act on that intel
That would mean that ultimately it's pointless. Also, would you trust Konoha to not act on the intel whatsoever? How about Danzo?

Part of his promise with Hiruzen was that Sasuke never learn about what he did. Revealing everything would make it apparent he was a traitor to the Akatsuki, someone would tell Sasuke, etc. Not in Itachi's best interests.

When asking these questions, consider Itachi's priorities:
Sasuke > Konoha > Himself

With regards to Orochimaru, I dunno dude, could've, should've, didn't. It's pretty easy to speculate why he didn't, maybe he knew Oro would come around eventually or something. Maybe he didn't trust his ability to kill Oro upon escalating into an actual fight.
Consider that perhaps it was better to intimidate Oro into leaving him alone, rather than attempting to kill this ever-regenerating snake motherfucker who is easily embittered.
>>
>>142561873
>That would mean that ultimately it's pointless.
No, it would mean Konoha would wait for the right time to use it, at a point in which keeping Itachi's cover is no longer the priority or after Itachi's inevitable death to the Japanese cold.
And Sasuke was gonna find out that Itachi was a traitor to Akatsuki no matter what because of "Madara", Itachi was aware of this.
>>
>>142562028
Again, would you trust Konoha and Danzo to do that, and how do you think it would effect the likelihood of Sasuke learning about Itachi's true intentions?

Itachi quite specifically had a countermeasure in place for dealing with "Madara" approaching Sasuke my dude.
http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Transcription_Seal:_Amaterasu

He didn't anticipate "Madara" (or anyone, for that matter) having a method to extinguish or deal with Amaterasu once it had touched its target.
>>
>>142562174
>how do you think it would effect the likelihood of Sasuke learning about Itachi's true intentions?
Not at all. Because even if Itachi's cover was blown. Sasuke would have no way of knowing. Unless the Akatsuki held a press conference declaring that Itachi was a Konoha spy, nobody would ever find out, who would tell him since as you reminded me Madara would be dead by Itachi's plan?
And in the worst case scenario, Sasuke finds out Itachi was giving intel to Konoha, and Itachi can just claim he did it for money, because he was bored or some other selfish reason and deny that Konoha had anything to do with the Uchiha massacre.

>Itachi quite specifically had a countermeasure in place for dealing with "Madara" approaching Sasuke my dude.
Ah right, forgot about that
>>
>>142562946
A shitty lie like that probably wouldn't work on Sasuke. That doesn't fit the Itachi Sasuke knows at all, really. Itachi really wants to avoid creating any inkling whatsoever in Sasuke's mind that he's a good guy, so he doesn't do anything that might have this effect.

Revealing too much information would cause someone to clue in that Itachi was a spy. This someone could come from either side. The ramifications of this increase the chance of Sasuke learning about Itachi. I'll give two separate examples, then I've really gotta head.

Let's say you're a high-ranking Konoha tactician and realise that the nature of the information being relayed to you could have only come from an insider within the Akatsuki. You're resourceful and intelligent. You do some investigating, realise that such information could have only come from the deceased Itachi. There are many possible outcomes from this point, the worst of which being the general populace learning that the Uchiha genocide was orchestrated by the government. It depends on the individual who makes these connections, which is a variable Itachi cannot control or predict (unlike the intentions and actions of Hiruzen & Danzo).

Let's say you're an Akatsuki member, former Akatsuki member, or Orochimaru. Because of the vast amount of information Itachi released upon his death in this scenario, the organisation is aware he was a traitor. Sasuke is ludicrously talented, already connected to the Akatsuki (disciple of Oro, sibling of Itachi), and likely to come into contact with them in future as they pursue their goals.
You come into contact with Sasuke for whatever reason (you're Deidara and want to kill him, you're Oro and seeking his body again, he seeks you out to kill you at some point because kotoamatsukami in the crow worked correctly). To gain an advantage in the fight, you attempt to affect his mental stability by revealing that Itachi was actually a good dude etc.
>>
File: image.jpg (202 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
202 KB, 1280x720
>>142562028
>the Japanese cold
>>
>>142563893
>Not ninja STD.
>>
fuck off narutards
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.