[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Shows you like unironically
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6
File: sword art online.jpg (334 KB, 1600x1000) Image search: [Google]
sword art online.jpg
334 KB, 1600x1000
I actually enjoy watching Sword Art Online despite the fact everyone and their mother hates this show. What are some things you like unironically that /a/ would probably disprove of?
>>
klk
>>
I fucking love Mahouka. Not so much the "Onii-sama is God" bits at the end of each arc as all the delicious SOL in between. I just found out yesterday about the movie, and I'm stoked.
>>
File: not_happy.jpg (24 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
not_happy.jpg
24 KB, 640x480
I unironically like Elfen Lied and I think it's a shame that the full manga wasn't adapted, because the only things really wrong with it were cheap animation and a terribly inconclusive anime-only ending.

It might be far too edgy for most people to take seriously, but people who have a high tolerance for edginess will discover that it's also a series with a surprisingly credible universe which manages to at least touch on a whole load of interesting ideas and themes such as the morality of guiding the evolutionary future of mankind, of augmentation, and of gun control.

A lot of people dismiss Elfen Lied as being riddled with plot holes, and more often than not those very same 'plot holes' turn out to be perfectly easy to explain.

>>142448911
I liked the first arc, but that was mainly because the premise was interesting. On hindsight, it's not something I can imagine ever wanting to re-watch.

>>142448920
Most of /a/ likes KLK. It's just a few people that can't stand the 'KLK saved anime' memes who lose their shit when people say they like it.

>>142449019
Mahouka
>>
>>142449246
>Mahouka
-is a pretty fun series overall. It can be amusing to see the whole Garu Stu archetype played out straight once in a while, and holy hell was Tatsuya a Gary Stu if there ever was one.
>>
>>142448911
Why do SAO bait threads all use the same image in the OP? Every time.
>>
>>142449406
Because the tripfag is retarded and autistic.
>>
>>142449406
Yeah sorry I just grabbed the image that looked the best on google images.
>>
Mekakucity actors
>>
>>142449406
>bait thread
Why not just ignore OP and turn it into a good thread instead? What contentious series do you actually enjoy anon?
>>
>>142449538
There actually isn't a contentious series I don't like. At most I'm indifferent to an anime unless it looks really bad, like One Piece (>animation) or Wizard Barristers (blew all the budget in Ep 1) or Wake Up Girls (QUALITY everywhere, even in the dance sequences).
>>
File: FT_cast_ch384_scan_detext.jpg (2 MB, 1839x1300) Image search: [Google]
FT_cast_ch384_scan_detext.jpg
2 MB, 1839x1300
>>142448911
You already posted it.

I also like Fairy Tail, but every time you think/wish Mashima's learned his lesson, he drops a new writing whopper on you.
>>
>>142449246
>Most of /a/ likes KLK
No, the threads are always full of retards from other boards.
>>
Master of Marital Hearts.
>>
>>142448911
I liked the first arc of SAO and the GGO arc, but the rest are too harem and not enough adventure/sci-fi for me
>>
I definitely think you can enjoy something/something can be entertaining and you can still recognize that it's garbage
>>
I think this show is the best show airing this season. Unironically.
>>
File: 1443714600205.gif (562 KB, 416x389) Image search: [Google]
1443714600205.gif
562 KB, 416x389
>>142448911
I didn't mind it, I took it at face value and actually enjoyed a couple moments. I think they could have done much, much more but chose to play it safe.

> it worked.
>>
>>142452404
This, even if the first arc was rushed, this.
>>
>>142450655
>muh true scotsman
Oh go choke on a dick.
>>
File: 1464437537869.gif (4 MB, 540x304) Image search: [Google]
1464437537869.gif
4 MB, 540x304
I really enjoyed every bit of Fate despite all the hate it's getting from almost everyone. I'm pretty okay with its defaults, I still find it good and entertaining as fuck.
>>
>>142461733
>all the hate it's getting from almost everyone
eh?

I thought most people liked Fate Zero?
>>
>>142462108
You'll get hate everywhere along with buzzwords and vague explanation on why it's bad with mostly "it's edgy" and "it's shit".
The loud retards on /a/ can't stand a show being popular.
>>
>>142462108
He said every bit of Fate, Anon.

And the picture is from the Fate and UBW openings
>>
>>142462203
>The loud retards on /a/ can't stand a show being popular.
No doubt about that. The poor mindless fucks mistake contrarianism for intelligence.
>>
>>142452404
It's really a shame that they cut literally the only adventure part of ALO (that underground stuff with giants).
>>
>>142448911

I enjoy Akame ga Kill in some masochistic way. I think if the manga had focused on Jaegers as the main characters rather than Night Raid it would've been a much more redeemable series.

>>142448920

Kill la Kill had a good first half but the writers had no idea what to do in the second.
>>
I enjoyed fractale
>>
>>142448911
Really liked SAO as well. It was one of the only shows I really looked forward to watching each week which is pretty rare.

Don't really get all the hate. I have great taste and it was a good show.

Meanwhile /a/ was jacking off to that edgy battle uniform show, Titans and all other sorts of complete shit.
>>
Naruto
>>
>>142448911
Everything. Worse shows that SAO get free pass around here because they are nowhere near as popular cough overlord cough.
>>
Aldnoa Zero was top tier and needs another season.
>>
>>142448911
SnK. I love posting in /snk/ generals as well.
>>
>>142448911
NGNL and Guilty Crown. Though it's not like people hate GC it's just that no one remembers it.
>>
>>142466609
>Guilty Crown
From a very fuzzy memory the first half of Guilty Crown was actually decent. The second half destroyed all traces of good the show had going for it though.
>>
>>142466474

I'd watch a spinoff about Magbaredge and her CO who had trouble finding a man in some kind of silly comedy series featuring lots of sexy military cakes. Not so sure if I would actually continue the story since the character motivations made fuck all sense.
>>
>>142466829
It's true, but I still enjoyed it and as long as I could enjoy seeing Inori on screen it was a great show for me.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.