[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just finished this, why does season 4 get so much shit?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4
File: Yu-Yu-Hakusho.jpg (776 KB, 3000x2250) Image search: [Google]
Yu-Yu-Hakusho.jpg
776 KB, 3000x2250
Just finished this, why does season 4 get so much shit?
>>
Rushed/not so great ending. Author was losing it and wanted to end it
>>
>>142381314
It was rushed, but it really wasn't bad.
The only part I didn't like was the first spirit detective and her kids.
>>
>>142381262
More like the whole series was shit, the warning sign was how the Genkai Tourny panned out in how Yuskei won all his matches by not only luck, but fucking retarded ass pull luck.

>Oh, there's a lit cigarette on the ground I can use to mark where my opponent is.
>Oh, I just fell into marsh water while being chased by energy seeking balls and not only does it look like i just teleported away, but the balls stop following me and attack the sender.
>Oh, I somehow got moss stuffed into both my ears while fighting and the magical chant that was cast on me didn't work because my ears were plugged up and the magic then affected the caster.

Fuck, that, show.
>>
>>142382162
you sound like a bitter faggot that can't ever have fun
>>
>>142381994

Togashi stated that his health was failing him and that he was losing motivation because of it. They rushed the shit out of it and yes I agree it wasn't so bad.
>>
Reminder that the dub was better than the jap version.

Even the OP was far better:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUW2hRQkegM
>>
>>142382233
Fun is just a buzzword people use when you can't think of an actual reason to justify your opinion on something. Stop using it.
>>
>>142382162

old anime is full of shit like that. it's cause japanese think contrived overly complicated plans and shit fall flat on their face with simple even haphazard counteractions
>>
>>142382520
>Posts horribly executed story arc
>Everything that was written is 100% true and not exaggerated
>'Your post does not meet my specific criteria as a fanboy of the series, so I discredit it.
>Delete post

>

You have no valid points in the least and are talking out of your ass. When you come up with actual ass pulls, I might entertain you. Otherwise like all all the yyh haters of the past, you throw in some words you don't know how to use, half assed points and then expect people to entertain you. Give me something worth debating and then I will throw you a bone.

Hue hue hue.
>>
I thought demon Yusuke was a dumb asspull and it had zero Kuwabara which was lame
>>
Thread is pretty shit, so is Hiei or Kurama stronger?
>>
>>142382756

I can't see Kurama surviving or dealing with a dragon of the darkness flame attack.....so I say Hiei.
>>
>>142381994
>The only part I didn't like was the first spirit detective and her kids.

Why not? Aside from Hiei's and Kurama's backstories, that was probably the best thing about the arc.

As the story progresses on, Yusuke begins to see demons less of a bad thing even though they are literally(and take pride upon) being spawns of supernatural evil creatures. He even goes as far as to talk about eating humans. I don't remember the scene exactly, but she pretty much BTFO Yusuke just from contemplating that thought.

>>142382741
The demon energy came from his battle with Sensui. Personally, I thought the sacred energy he conjured was an asspull out of nowhere.
>>
>>142382239
He's okay now, right?

>>142382441
>"Fun" is a buzzword
This board is amazing.
>>
>>142384348
No, he constantly still talks about his health and HxH has been going on and off because of it
>>
>>142381262
I thought it was decent enough. Even though I'm not fond of tournament arcs, I liked the exposition on the demon world as well as the development of backstories and such.
>>
>>142382756
Hiei but then again Hiei admitted that the only reason he teamed up with Kurama was so he didn't have to fight him.
He probably fears an opponent he knows can definitely outsmart him.
>>
>>142382741
Demon Yusuke made complete since considering the type of character he is, but yeah, the lack of Kuwabara sucked.
But I liked the fact that he decided to focus on schoolwork and Yusuke didn't fuck it up for him.

>>142383321
It was just weird and badly written, IMO.
The First Spirit Detective looked like a genderbent Sensui and Genkai talked about how much she was like Yusuke, but it wasn't really showed.
And her kids were terrible. "You're not clean, you're a messy".
>He even goes as far as to talk about eating humans. I don't remember the scene exactly, but she pretty much BTFO Yusuke just from contemplating that thought.
All he did was act nonchalant about the fact the demons ate humans and she was pissed, like he should freak out about it every time.
I thought that shit was stupid as fuck. It's like a vegan freaking out because they're around a meat eater.
>>
>>142384420
He's got cancer? And btw, how is HxH? Would you recommend it?
I tried watching the 2011 show but couldn't make it through the first episode.
I watched the first episode of the 1999 one though and remember enjoying it, people seem to hate that one though.
>>
>>142384608
I don't know if you could even call it a tournament act, we only saw a few battles.
I thought it was a nice way to tie everything back together and bring some characters/themes back.
>>
File: prince bateman.jpg (111 KB, 580x773) Image search: [Google]
prince bateman.jpg
111 KB, 580x773
>>142384348
H-he began to add those little bonus sketches like in good old times.
>>
Perhaps not that bad, but the previous seasons made you think that hell was supposed to be a shithole. Expecting to be gore.
>>
>>142382756
I'd say
Yoko Kurama > Hiei > Kurama
>>
>>142385392
That's good.

>>142385497
>the previous seasons made you think that hell was supposed to be a shithole.
How? The problem was that demons were going to take over the earth and tun it into a shithole, and eat humans.
And Demon World WAS a shithole, it just changed when the fat guy won the tournament.
>>
File: image.jpg (51 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
51 KB, 500x375
>>142382756
Hiei might be more powerful but if they fought Kurama would get in his head and wreck him.
>>
>>142381262

>Yu Yu Hakusho

More like tournament ark: The Animation.
>>
>>142386586
The Sensui Arc made it seem like S class demons were going to come to earth and destroy everything then when they got to Demon World all the S class demons had better shit to do. The final season had too many possibilities and it was just another tournament where half the battles were off-screen. "Im holding out hope that HxH actually takes place in Demon World and Yusuke is still alive on the Dark Continent"
>>
>>142384777
If you like YYH you'll most likely enjoy HxH, if you have a lot of nostalgia for YYH watch the 1999 version since the directing is similar. For the nearly completed package watch 2011 since it adapts two arcs 1999 never got to, the first of which is the most important in the series but it's a more average adaptation compared to 1999.
>>
>>142388727
There was two tournaments and we barely saw the second.
Before going in I thought the entire show revolved around a tournament though.
>>
>>142388959
>The final season had too many possibilities
Such as?

>>142389151
Thank you, anon.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.