[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Manga/Anime you have dropped, and why?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 129
Thread images: 11
File: typical One Piece fans.jpg (52 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
typical One Piece fans.jpg
52 KB, 600x800
Fucking dropped One Piece at the Marineford Arc. My autism just wouldn't let me enjoy it.

>Whitebeard getting hit by Akainu's lava several times, nothing happens
>He finally gets lava-fisted and his insides burned out, can somehow still continue to fight because "MUH WILLPOWER"

Honestly, it had been a long time coming: I'd already thought of dropping it when that Admiral kicked somebody at "the speed of light" and said person didn't die. I don't care how powerful you are by shounen standards: if you even got poked at light speed, you'd be fucking atomized. Don't even feel too bad about dropping it, considering everything I've heard in the generals makes it sound like post-timeskip is even worse and they turn haki into DBZ powerlevels.

OP used to be fun: it was this exploration anime/manga with weird bizarro and downright flamboyant pirates at sea, but turned into this ridiculous plot with plot-armour and powerlevels.

How about you, anons? What have you dropped recently?
>>
Shokugeki no Soma and Nisekoi I guess. Nisekoi is well, Nisekoi.

Participating in otter-threads got more and more frustrating and then a pile of work came around and I managed to escape the urge to read the chapter when it came out. I'm aware that Nisekoi is about to become the longest running romcom in JUMP ever and I can't imagine ever continuing this again. Perhaps I'll read the last chapters, because guess what? Nothing happened in between.

Soma, well I guess the premise just got boring finally. As far as I know the threads have gotten worse and the series has been declining as well. I dropped it for much the same reason as Nisekoi and I don't really miss it. Finally free of JUMP shit once again. Before this, I used to read Psyren, and that pretty much burnt me.
>>
>>133584372
I don't even like OP, but you sound retarded as fuck.
>>
File: 1447494223463.jpg (52 KB, 547x535) Image search: [Google]
1447494223463.jpg
52 KB, 547x535
Marineford was an absolute clusterfuck.

The only ones who enjoyed that were power level fags who got to see the "top tiers" in action.
>>
>>133584372
autism.gif
>>
>>133585555
Remember when /a/ didn't have autism? I don't.
>>
>>133585744
Autism is fine, but this is youtube-sperg levels.
>>
>>133584372
Detective Conan. 90% filler, super stingy with learning about black org, felt like no progression, dropped around episode 550.
>>
>>133584372
I can not say one specific, I dropped many animes, because they are boring, tedious, and with zero substance, besides the flood with moeshit and the idea that the MC should be a person with the personality of a rock , antisocial, asexual, moralfag, fagot and completely stupid, basically those are the reasons that i dropped an anime and as you know there are hundreds that fit those parameters.

Speaking of the image of the OP, it does not seem stupid to put your face on the tits of a mannequin?
I mean are hard, rough and cold, it is not supposed to be opposite you want to feel when you put your face into the breasts of a woman?
>>
>>133587515
>animes
>>
>>133587287
> episode 550

Honestly if you got that far, might as well stick with it. Feels like a waste if you just drop it really.
>>
>>133587522
>green-texting
>>
File: tomoko.png (92 KB, 667x461) Image search: [Google]
tomoko.png
92 KB, 667x461
>>133584372
I dont remember the name.
But it was this shoujo about a fat ugly fujoshi that becomes thin and beautiful after starving out for a week cause her favorite character died.
Couldnt stand how she suddendly got herself a harem of boys that put up with her fujo shit cause she became hot overnight, it was realistic alright, but I couldnt stand it.

Im aware how autistic this sounds.
>>
>>133587569
At some point, you just gotta cut your losses. I'll come back when the series has been finished/completed and finish it off.
>>
Dropped Aria (put on hold, really).
The episodes just weren't that immersive to me. The "healing" flew right over my head.
>>
>>133587515
Most animes and manga are like that. It's so boring - why do Japs have such shit taste?

>>133587689
Aria is just boring, m8, and that's enough reason to drop it.
>>
>>133587569
That's a really bad mentality. I bet you'd make a great battered housewife.
>>
>>133587735
>Aria is just boring, m8, and that's enough reason to drop it.
I love iyashikei though. Tamayura is one of my favorite shows, and I adore NNB.
But for some reason I just couldn't get into Aria.
>>
The only time I ever drop something, is if it's boring, simple, but yeah, that's a pretty retarded reason to drop something OP.
>>
Fucking Accel World. The black king girl should've been the MC, instead we get beta Cartman. waste of potential
>>
>>133584372
How do you ever enjoy anything?
>>
>>133585410

I agree with you but I enjoyed it because it was a lot of relevant characters and factions doing something rather than a bunch of jerkoffs doing nothing in the middle of nowhere a la Skypeia or Thriller Bark. At least Thriller Bark has a shichibukai but Moria was the absolute shittiest of them anyways
>>
>>133587886
How could you enjoy it? There is a scene where Sakazuki clearly shoots lava at Whitebeard, and hits him - and yet, Whitebeard isn't even burned, nor does he even flinch. I don't care how powerful his haki is, that should BURN. And then, finally, when Akainu finally donuts him with his lava fist, Whitebeard doesn't die: no, he stands up and kicks Akainu's ass, and the generals tell me WB still goes on to fight Blackbeard.

What the fuck? Old One Piece wasn't like that. Now the characters are so protected by plot armour even being touched by lava won't hurt them, Jesus Christ
>>
File: 1444530261622.png (1 MB, 1400x1750) Image search: [Google]
1444530261622.png
1 MB, 1400x1750
>>133584372
I know I'm going to get shit, but honestly I found both K-On! and Lucky Star incredibly boring.

I got tired of Monogatari by the time Second Season came around too, but maybe I'll finish that one of these days.
>>
>>133587913
>a bunch of jerkoffs doing nothing in the middle of nowhere a la Skypeia
I don't get this mentality. Does this mean you didn't care about any of the East Blue antags or other grandline villains that weren't a shichibukai or associated with the Marines? What makes Enel any different than other OP villains? Especially since we know there are some pretty damn relevant shit he's uncovered after he went to the moon?
>>
>>133588007
Nobody likes K-On! or Lucky Starr, they're incredibly boring and downright awful.
>>
File: img000009.png (3 MB, 1520x1200) Image search: [Google]
img000009.png
3 MB, 1520x1200
>>133587988
Cause he's Whitebeard, nigga.
>>
>>133587988
>Old One Piece wasn't like that
>I have skipped all of Luffy, Usopp, and Zoro's fights. Plot armor isn't really anything new in One Piece.
>>
>>133588068

That's a tough question. I take offense really only with Skypeia. You can rationalize the other East Blue / Grand Line villains as serving to increase the notoriety of the Straw Hats - I liked Water 7 and Enies Lobby a lot in that regard - but Skypeia was just... most of the villians were shitty joke villains other than Enel (although this is the case with a lot of sub-bosses or whatever) and even after everything is said and done the Straw Hats got nothing out of it, other than some dials, which stop being relevant very quickly, a hint at Rastel or whatever Nico Robin does with the ruins there, and Luffy recalls way, way later that mantra is similar to Haki.

It was just exhausting because I asked myself "why am I spending time on this when it gets the Straw Hats nowhere?", if that makes sense. All of the East Blue was Luffy making a name for himself and growing his crew and racking up a bounty. Water 7 was a lead up to Enies Lobby, which was Luffy versus the Navy.

Enel was actually the single enjoyable thing about Skypeia, but unfortunately he was in a manga where the protag is made of rubber.
>>
>>133587988

One Piece has literally ALWAYS been wacky as fuck, anything to do with Luffy and Zoro was always pretty out there.

I'll just assume you're a troll for the sake of sanity.
>>
File: 1441635753700.jpg (87 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1441635753700.jpg
87 KB, 1280x720
>>133588141
>>
>>133588007
I confess that K-ON lucky star and I liked when I saw them, but at that time I was another tedious and disgusting newfag, not long ago I saw them again and were incredibly stupid, I am ashamed of myself that I have liked these crap, so I do not think you get shit for it, not worth defending moeshit.
>>
>>133587988

One Piece has always been ridiculous and not something you should take seriously.

Marineford is an exercise in suspension of disbelief. Just roll with it.
>>
>>133588282
I dropped One Piece at Dressosa.

All of the Donquixote Family were weak joke characters, despite all the hype: if Donquixote is one of the great powers in the New World, shouldn't his crew reflect that? Instead, they're all weak jobbers who lose to gag characters like Usopp or Bartolomeo or get defeated to boring characters like Kyros because the plot required it and Oda couldn't be bothered to write a good fight.

Honestly, the quality of One Piece has dropped dramatically since the time-skip: Fishman Island arc was terrible, and Dressrosa was so boring. Also, I hated the Dwarves of Dressrosa: you could tell Oda just shoved them in to make Doflamingo look like your stereotypical evil villain, despite being shown to be an uncaring and cynical bad-ass for almost 15 years since the series began.
>>
>>133584372
Literally nothing. I'm to autistic to drop anything.
>>
>>133588379
I was the other way around. I didn't fully appreciate moe until I watched over 250 anime.
K-On! blew me away with its production values, character interactions, music, and overall atmosphere.
Easily a masterpiece.
Lucky Star was just amazingly comfy, and I can't really describe it. I'd just turn it on before I knew it, I hit the Lucky Channel segment.
>>
Comet Lucifer. I was looking forward to it for a while, and it's just bad.
>>
>>133588545
This. This is also why I hate manga; translators will suddenly just stop translating, and I never get to finish a series. It's why I had to drop Anko-san, and I'm still livid.
>>
>>133588282
Yeah I get what you mean. Personally though, I think Skypiea/Jaya was probably Oda's best overall story arc. And I think it mainly did have to do with the fact it was so isolated from the rest of the OP world, so it wasn't bogged down with any politics and stuff. Just an Indiana Jones-esque adventure arc with this grand treasure hunt and neat twists/story.

And now that we're finding out more about the overarching plot regarding the world (void century, Ds, etc) it's cool to realize that Skypiea might've been the one arc that revealed most about OP's history with the readers not even realizing it then too.
>>
>>133588483
>Donquixote is one of the great powers in the New World,
Donquixote was a great power because he operated a successful underground market. He had reigns on a lot of powerful pirates like Big Mom and Kaido. And if you've got the backing of two Yonko, you're pretty much set with nobody really trying to mess with you. You could tell how the DD family just ended up settling down in Dressrosa, mostly just managing the business, by how fat everyone got.
>>
>>133584372
>that filename
>that reasoning
>implying you ever even read One Piece
>>
>>133588899
That' still no excuse for having a weak crew. He's in the New World: even more important, he has the SMILE factory, which is vital to keep Kaido and Big Mom from going rampant. And yet, he has a very weak crew: none of them feel like a challenge, at all. They're just shitty filler.

We know Doflamingo is very prideful: it's out of character for someone as powerful and important as him to have surrounded himself by such weak jobbers. For God's sakes, some of his crew members were defeated with gags (Baby Five, Gladius, Senor Pink).
>>
File: 1439863058324.png (11 KB, 470x454) Image search: [Google]
1439863058324.png
11 KB, 470x454
>>133589079
>some of his crew members were defeated with gags
>Gladius, Senor Pink
What?
>>
>>133588557
I understand your point of view but not share, an anime with very high production values is not a masterpiece if the content of it is rubbish and K-on suffers a lot from that, the characters are flat, boring, one-dimensional, history does not matter.

a masterpiece has to be one where the technical side does not take up all over, for example, serial experiments lain has an animation that leaves much to be desired in many cases, but has a history where no matter if the drawn crayons, remains the same good, ping pong the animation has a terrible animation, but did not care because the characters were so good to the series, not the technical side, the 1997 version of Berserk has an ugly animation, and a very short soundtrack but not care, the characters and their story is everything, the rest does not matter, now, suppose we give the same animation of the previous series to K-ON and you get a disaster, because not only the technical side is bad, there is no quality literary history and characters that make good
>>
>>133589079
Or it could be they were just up against powerful opponents too? I'd hope the Strawhats wouldn't have trouble against Shichibukai officers when we're supposed to believe they'll be able to go up against Yonko officers pretty soon. And I'm glad the Strawhat fleet commanders are pretty formidable too.

Also,
>For God's sakes, some of his crew members were defeated with gags (Baby Five, Gladius, Senor Pink).
The only one that went down with a gag was Baby5. Bartolomeo had a cool finish with Gladius, and Franky's fight with Senor Pink in the end was definitely no gag.
>>
>>133589079
>We know Doflamingo is very prideful: it's out of character for someone as powerful and important as him to have surrounded himself by such weak jobbers.
Also, I think you're misunderstanding Doffy's character a lot.
>>
>>133589223
This is an english language website, get the fuck out and stay out until you can formulate a sentence that isn't painful to read.
>>
>>133589079
So.

You didn't read it, huh?
>>
>>133584372
Why are you so surprised about whitebeard endurance? His title of world strongest man isn't just for show.
>>
>>133587988
Nigga what are you on. Before Whitebeard we have people being stabbed by huge hooks through their mid-sections and walking away, being dried into a mummy and still surviving long enough to be rehydrated by giant water balls, Zoro losing GALLONS of blood, Usopp getting hit by a FIVE TON BAT to the head and living, Pell, Skypeia was full of people being hit by lightning and surviving, all the shit that went down in Enies Lobb. Fuck, getting punched by lava and living isn't far from the usual bullshit that One Piece always has had
>>
>>133589300
The Schichibukai are not weak. The Marines brought them to Marineford because they could tilt the balance against a Yonko. Hell, the Gorosei state the Shichibukai are vital to maintaining the world's stability, as they are a counter to the Yonko, along with the Navy (Admirals)

>>133589367
How? Doflamingo only cares about his "family" to a certain extent: he has no qualms about letting them die for his own purposes, as he did with Monet and Vergo, so don't tell me he loved his "family" so much he allowed them to be his crew despite being weak as fuck.
>>
>>133584372
I drop any anime when they start following a pattern of having an enemy challenge the main character to a fight, and that fight gets dragged out for a long time, and at the last second the main character pulls out a win due to some bullshit.

I dropped One Piece, Nartuo, Bleach, Dragonball, Kill la Kill, Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood, and a ton of other shit because of this.
>>
>>133588282
Skypeia was the quintessential arc of adventure, which One Piece is all about. It was jumping into a world so alien and bizarre it was hard to imagine being connected to the rest of the world, at least in universe, and with two very different cultures clashing together in a war that has been going on for decades. People who think Skypeia was pointless don't realize it isn't the destination that is important, but the journey there, which doesn't always lead you to the next big plot point, while Skypeia did have major plot importance, it was a detour into a new aspect of the One Piece world.
>>
File: 003 - OzwBPYp.gif (1 MB, 600x337) Image search: [Google]
003 - OzwBPYp.gif
1 MB, 600x337
>>133589223
Anime is a visual medium, buddy. The body language, impact, and overall quality of the series can make or break an anime. Sure, some series can be fine without amazing production values, but with a heavily character focused series like K-On!, it can make all the difference.
The manga is mediocre, but Kyoani turned it into one of the greatest anime of all time.
>the characters are flat, boring, one-dimensional
You mean you didn't watch it.
>>
There was this romance manga, Pastel something. I read through it one night and it was the usual bullshit with MC being a spineless bitch and never spitting it out and the main girl being passive and never just going for it. It was this one chapter where they went to a beach and he was finally going to confess, they got split up from the group due to a storm and were all alone in this cave, literally perfect moment to finally confess, and he was going to, and then he chickens out at the last moment for some reason, and the girl doesn't push the moment or anything despite it being obvious he was going to confess and she liked him in turn

It was both the frustration of how stupid the shit was and a developing migraine that night that just made me say 'fuck this' and drop the whole thing.
>>
>>133589720
Sounds like every other romantic comedy anime/manga bullshit
>>
File: Weirdboy channels the WAAAGH!.gif (3 MB, 235x180) Image search: [Google]
Weirdboy channels the WAAAGH!.gif
3 MB, 235x180
>>133589782
Exactly
>>
>>133589499
>How? Doflamingo only cares about his "family" to a certain extent: he has no qualms about letting them die for his own purposes,
He did show remorse for both Monet and Vergo, and he obviously does care enough about them to put them above his plans sometimes (eg. when Law took Jola hostage). Obviously Doflamingo doesn't really recruit niggas because of their strength but moreso on how much loyalty he can garner from them and basically if he just likes them or not. He's not gonna toss anyone out if they're not strong anymore, so thinking it's out-of-character for him to surround himself with powerhouses only isn't really warranted. Heck, in the past we've seen him recruiting kids and babies.

>Shichibukai are vital to maintaining the world's stability, as they are a counter to the Yonko, along with the Navy (Admirals)
And what does that tell you? It's Yonko vs Marines(Admirals) and SEVEN Shichibukai. Doesn't that tell you anything about how much stronger the Yonko are? If the strawhats are struggling here, how do you expect them to have any chance against a Yonko fleet/officers? Leaving this bit of leeway will make it more believable for the readers when later on the Strawhats have their 1v1 battles against much stronger opponents.
>>
>>133585410

we didn't even get to see top tiers in action.

with the way oda's treating haki in fights post time-skip, it's like all the top tiers in the war were gimped.
>>
>>133587988
>>133584372 (OP)

One Piece's physics are closer to cartoon physics than real ones. On top of that, there's no upper cap as how much strong you can get by training: if you train really hard you can double jump, make fire attacks with your body heat like Sanji and make slashes that are kilometers wide with a regular sized sword.

Enel threw attacks of gajillions of volts to every member of the Straw Hats except Nami. They all survived. It's physically impossible that a human body can stand that electricity and not get reduced to a charred stain in the floor. Hell, even rubber would become conductive and burn with the voltage Enel used.

I personally don't mind it, since otherwise DF users would be boringly broken. You shouldn't think so hard about it, the guy that kicked at the speed of light should atomize everything around him every time he turns back from light to human, suddenly becoming mass accelerated to lightspeed.
>>
>>133589578

Go to bed, Oda
>>
>>133589614
you'll have to excuse my English of the third world, in previous messages I said I saw K-ON 2 times, the first I found it good but the second I realized that definitely is not the best anime of all time, even if it I see now with a little more tolerance could turn up some scoring and might consider that the characters are two-dimensional, but not nearly come close to other anime, already seen and they are better, maybe not on the technical side but history and characters are much better, the premise of cute girls doing cute things they may seem amusing to some, to me, it is boredom and fan service, or indeed tell me that girls K-ON have the same depth, tragedy and humanity a character in Evangelion ??
>>
Devil Survivor 2 and Ben-to
I don't remember
>>
>>133589882
To be fair the Navy dominated Marineford, the Warlords were not needed to balance out Whitebeard's forces and they mostly fucked around served as liability in the case of Jimbei/Blackbeard. The Navy sustained little damage to mayor players: Sengoku/Garp/Kizaru/Aokiji/Tsuru escaped with minor or no wounds at all, Akainu kept fighting commanders until the end and was hardly ready to be hospitalized. Moria was the only Shichibukai on their side who sustained damage and Kuma superficial damage, Doflamingo/Mihawk/Hancock all unharmed.

The pirates lost Whitebeard, Ace, several major players ended serious casualties like Jozu frozen and losing an arm, Oars Jr's giant dismembered corposed, Curiel roasted by Akainu, Ivakov, Croc Jimbei and Luffy if they count, etc.

It would take a second Yonko army to bring Marine HQ to its knees, and at that point I feel the Shichibukai would put the odds in their favor anyway.
>>
how can Kizaru kick someone if he's light? he just uses the light to teleport. his only damaging move is the beam and he has to charge that. It only hurts because of heat damage.
>>
>>133589079
Well,Don Quixote is a bordeline Aizen of One piece, with the way he kept getting more power ups and abilities. Pica was also strong,and fucked up the landscape of Dressrosa itself pretty royally. Sugar also had the most overpowered devil fruit yet. Not only could she tell toys what to do,the person was erased from everyones memories and no explanation is given for the two disparate powers.
>>
Dropped Heavy Object because of the seat belt scene
>>
>>133590383
Nigga most of Whitebeard's commanders could take on a Shichibukai 1v1 easy. I don't know how you think a Shichibukai's officers/crew can hold a stick to a Yonko's, when a lot of their high ranking officers are pretty much on par with a Shichibukai. Hell, Marco was sparring against the admirals too.
>>
>>133591460

There's a massive power disparity among the shichibukai, unlike the admirals, though
>>
>>133591497
And? If we're guessing Mihawk is one of the strongest Shichibukai it still doesnt negate the fact that Vista, a Yonko "officer" was able to take him on. Having the Strawhats struggle against Shichibukai "officers" would really make it unbelievable when they're expected to go against officers of a Yonko.
>>
>>133591628

I'm not the same guy you were arguing with before.

Also, Vista kept him busy and barely any of the fight was shown, as can be expected of something that was set up to keep yet another hindrance away from Luffy.
>>
>>133591722
>Also, Vista kept him busy and barely any of the fight was shown
This has nothing to do with the argument though. Fact is Vista was able to keep Mihawk busy, meaning he was able to fight on par with him.
>>
>>133591872
>Fact is Vista was able to keep Mihawk busy, meaning he was able to fight on par with him

Keeping someone busy doesn't imply you can fight as their equal
>>
>>133588282
You just said that you think Skypeia was irrelevant, and then went on to list why it was. You even made a point about "joke villains", and then immediately refuted yourself by saying that it happens a lot, what even.

>Straw Hats got nothing out of it, other than some dials, which stop being relevant very quickly,
It made Luffy vs Usopp fight even cooler than it was. I don't see how not being relevant anymore even matters.

>a hint at Rastel or whatever Nico Robin does with the ruins there
The poneglyph lore is one of the few things One Piece does really well, and sets it apart from other long running shounen series, Gol D Roger having been to Skypeia in the past was a cool reveal too.

>It was just exhausting because I asked myself "why am I spending time on this when it gets the Straw Hats nowhere?
It's as if you don't like ADVENTURE, no wonder you hate One Piece when you find it's core theme to be "exhausting".
>>
>>133591937
But we know Mihawk didn't obliterate Vista in the end or anything either, so that should tell us something.
>>
Dropped Ajin because it wasn't as interesting as Boku Girl was
>>
>>133592083

I'm not the OP

I like One Piece. I didn't like Skypeia. I don't have to like every arc to like the manga.
>>
>>133584372
>Kizaru
>Lightspeed

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA

And don't bother OP, it went downhill from marineford onwards. Time-Skip is a disaster
>>
I stopped watching Uchouten Kazoku after three episodes because it was incredibly boring
>>
>>133592102

I mean, yeah, it means Vista is a really strong swordsman who is enough of a threat or provides enough entertainment to keep Mihawk busy. Or that Oda needed Mihawk off screen so he couldn't fuck with anyone else. Much like a bunch of other people who conveniently disappear and reappear throughout the battle. Which is why Marineford is hard to enjoy if you try to take it really seriously
>>
>>133588545
>tfw this autism led to me watching all of Million Doll and Denpa Kyoushi last season
>>
>>133592171
Yeah, my bad, got you mixed up with another post I read.
Could you explain how you like One Piece, but not like adventure?
>>
ITT: Autistic One Piss fags unable to accept that their "world building," cookie cutter arc, garbage manga is shit.
>>
>>133592470

You sort of already replied to the post about why I don't like Skypeia

I don't really know what else to say. It didn't click for me. I liked Enel.

It might be because the Alabasta arc felt really natural and good for what One Piece seemed to be, for me, and coming off of that into Skypeia was disorienting and felt pointless.

I dunno man. I didn't like Skypeia. I don't have to like all of [thing] to like [thing].
>>
>>133584372
Girlfriend (Kari)

I enjoy boring slice of life with no plot but this is the worst slice of life I've ever watched
>0 character development
>different side character gets showtime every episode (to the point where MC doesn't even show up)
>racist voice acting
>>
Aquarion Logos.

I dropped it when commie dropped it but even then, I didn't enjoy it from the very first episode and the protagonist sucked. I don't know if it improved after that but it probably didn't considering evol sucked too
>>
Utawarerumono.

I remembered the first one being decent, but the new one is just boring as fuck, unrelentingly dull slice-of-life loser-protagonist-gets-fawned-over-for-no-reason shit that just kept getting shittier and shittier. I tried to stick with it for the cute girls, but I'm done, I just can't dredge up any fucks to give anymore.

I also dropped the Overlord LN because the translation's switching sites or something and it got stale after volume 7.
>>
>>133592875
I think Utawarerumono pretty much hinges on you liking MC more than other harem/SOL MCs at this point.
>>
>>133592234
That's a whole other argument, nigga. Not sure what that has to do with what I was talking about?
>>
>>133584372
Overlord - It's self explanatory.
>>
>>133592637
I completely agree with >>133589578 which is why I sound butthurt.
Skypeia for me, was one of the better OP arcs, the villain was great (cocky, overpowered bastard, except to Luffy, who has a DF ability that negates his), the war between the two clans was cool, more poneglyph lore is always great, and most of all, the old-school OP sense of ADVENTURE.
It was a god damn island, floating in the sky, a place most people on Earth would never step foot in, Luffy curb-stomping Bellamy, and proving that such a place existed, was satisfying as fuck.
I don't mind you liking one arc, but not liking another, you just haven't really explained well enough why you don't like it, except that it didn't "click", which is a vague as fuck answer, but fair enough, I'll move on now.
>>
>>133584372
I dropped Naruto when he learned the kamehameha because it was dumb. Then everyone was so hyped about Pain I thought I'd give it a shot there and then everyone who died was resurrected after Naruto used talk-no-jutsu on the bad guy and I dropped it for good.

I dropped Fairy Tail when the villain used an attack that was supposed to kill everyone but didn't because "deep down he still thought of them as friends".

I gave up on HxH this very year because I learned to accept that it will never end.

I dropped Air Gear because I got bored around the time they went into the school at night because it was haunted or something, I don't know.
>>
>>133593143

The best way for me to sum it up is that nothing they did there had any large lasting effect on them or the rest of the story as a whole. The "floating island" thing holds no water with me, it wasn't exciting because the very nature of OP is the absurd and fantastical. I mean, they're on the back of a giant elephant now.

Bellamy was a literally who in the arc, and isn't important until way later. The run-in with Blackbeard was cool. I enjoyed that. And, again, I really liked Enel. I don't like the arc, but there are facets of it I did like. I need to keep stressing that. It wasn't enjoyable for me but there were diamonds in the rough.

It also doesn't help that Skypeia doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things. Like I said, they get very little out of it, and after the arc is wrapped up no one really ever talks about it again until Rayleigh mentions Haki and mantra. Dials are relevant for one fight, and then disappear. The poneglyph stuff is a sideshow that seemed important in Alabasta and Skypeia and then completely dropped off the radar.

One Piece is one, big story made up of a collection of smaller stories, and when one of those stories contributes very little in the grand scheme of things to what matters most - the main story - I don't want to spend time on it. And One Piece is so fucking long, it's hard to spend time on an arc knowing that very little is going to come out of it.
>>
>>133587988
>Old One Piece wasn't like that
Go back to early One Piece, look at how much blood Zoro lost in his fight against Daz Bones. Look at how Usopp was hit repeatedly with a 4-ton metal bat. Look at fucking Pell who was hit by a bomb that could level a city at point-blank range.
I'm starting to get the feeling you never really read it, did you?
>>
>>133593488

Pell is pretty American, though, it's expected that the more American a character is the more immortal they are. He turns into an eagle for Christ's sake.
>>
>>133593443
>doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things
But that's where they got the money that led to them running afoul of Franky, and eventually paid for their new ship. That's where the Klabautermann first appeared. The Moon, where Enel went, is important for the "grand scheme" of things, you can bet your ass on that, too.
And of course Norland tied to the Dressrosa arc.
>and then completely dropped off the radar
It's like you skipped Enies Lobby, Fishman Island and the cover-story where Jinbei finds one.
>>
>>133593017
Not really. I mean, if the premise got you to pick it up, I don't see why you would then drop it when it does what it was going to.
>>
>>133593017
I understand skeletons spook me out too, friend
>>
>>133593443
>it wasn't exciting because the very nature of OP is the absurd and fantastical.
I'm sorry, you're right, nothing "absurd and fantastical" about a land, in the sky, that no one from the surface has ever stood foot on, where a city made of gold exists, nope.
Skypeia was brimming with absurdity, clouds so thick, you can ride a boat on them, a species of people you would never come in contact with in any other circumstance, a land completely unlike our own, a world of mystery, full of personalty and a history that spans generations.
God damn, how does this not sound fantastical to you?

I for one, don't really care whether an arc is relevant to the rest of the story or not, maybe that's just me, but that just seems like some weird expectation to have, only to be disappointed, when a story doesn't go your way.
but even if that were something I cared about, there were so many things brought up in Skypeia, that have been brought up again in later arcs, and very heavily implied to come up again later.
>>
>>133593959
>God damn, how does this not sound fantastical to you?

You're reading me the wrong way.

What I was trying to say is I wasn't like "holy shit I can't believe it, this is awesome!" because the nature of One Piece is to constantly introduce insane stuff.

I don't get why everyone is so bent out of shape that I didn't like the arc. I'm sure there's an arc you didn't like.
>>
>>133584372
>Spending time on a long-running shounen that isn't HxH
Your first mistake.
>>
File: 1446860331687.jpg (98 KB, 500x354) Image search: [Google]
1446860331687.jpg
98 KB, 500x354
For some reason i can't bring myself to continue reading one piece after Dressrosa even though reading one chapter takes less than 5 minutes. I completely lost any interest after that huge and painfully boring ark.
Also tokyo ghoul. With the way author draws the panels in latest chapters it became progressively more and more confusing to follow the clusterfuck that happens around.
>>
Detroit Metal City. I just got really tired of the gag. I would have enjoyed it more if it was just about Krauser doing stupid metal shit in public as opposed to the mc trying to hide the fact that he's a metal frontman every episode.
>>
>>133593443
>The poneglyph stuff is a sideshow that seemed important in Alabasta and Skypeia and then completely dropped off the radar.
Uh. Did you completely skip Enies Lobby and Robin's backstory? And Fishman Island? Joy Boy? Poseidon? We've got another coming on its way with Jinbei too.
>>
>>133594004
Not him but no, no there wasn't. I can't understand how you don't like something that's so good.
>>
>>133594032
How do you spend time on a dead series anyway?
>>
>>133594004
We're not getting bent out of shape because you didn't like an arc, it's because you don't like it for reasons that don't make sense. You've said you liked Alabasta, but dislike Skypeia, which doesn't many any sense, because they're quite similar.
You then complain that Skypeia didn't "click" because they didn't have "insane stuff" happen, when it did.

>I'm sure there's an arc you didn't like.
Sure, I didn't like previous 2 arcs, but unlike you, I can explain why I didn't without being contradictory.
>>
File: 1446611129927.gif (2 MB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
1446611129927.gif
2 MB, 300x225
>>133594032
>long-running shounen that isn't HxH
>running
>>
>>133594266
>You then complain that Skypeia didn't "click" because they didn't have "insane stuff" happen, when it did.

I didn't say that anywhere.

I'm saying I didn't find anything particularly fantastic about Skypeia because that's the norm for ALL of One Piece. It's not amazing because all of One Piece is set in a universe where that is normal. There's stuff in the New World way crazier than Skypeia.
But seriously, enough. I don't give a shit what any of you think about what I think and I'm done trying to explain in so many words why I didn't enjoy Skypeia as much as X other arc.

I like One Piece. You guys like One Piece. That should be enough. Anything else is just autism.
>>
>>133594322
>I don't give a shit
Yes you do, otherwise you wouldn't be talking about it.
>just autism
See, you care so much you're getting upset.
>>
>>133594322
I mean if you didn't like it that's fine. I didn't really like Alabasta either, and that's just personal preference. But you said a lot of things that were contradictory which is why it was easy to pick apart your reasoning. Especially regarding the poneglyphs and stating that Skypiea wasn't and won't be relavent to OP's story, since it was relevant to the immediate story back then (regarding Merry), and VERY much relevant to OP's lore as a whole.
>>
>>133594268
>>133594259
Not dead until the fat lady sings, my friends.
>>
>>133594503
It may not be dead, but you can hardly call it 'running'.
>>
>>133594503
It's running about as much as a fat lady
>>
>>133588007
keions are good only for fapping
>>
>>133584372
Guilty Crown
Because of a largely untapped potential.
>>
>>133584372
Dropped MW because it ended.
>>
SnS. Azami a shit and destroyed the fucking manga by existing.
>>
Dropped Higurashi because it just turned into torture porn.
Dropped Jigoku shojo because every single episode followed same formula and all antagonist characters were completely overexaggerated to be the most hateful people imaginable.
>>
>>133595289
Are you me?
>>
>>133595371
Yes. IN FACT This place is actually empty, it's just you talking to yourself all the time.
WAKE UP
>>
>>133595397
That's too creepy.
>>
>>133595289
Higurashi completely mellows out after the first season.
>>
>>133595448
but
>>
>>133589720
It's still going isn't it? God knows who's still following.
>>
>>133594032
Do hxhfags actually believe this?
>>
air gear
when a girl switched bodies with obama I was just done
>>
>>133584372
I can't remember the title
>>
I am really hoping the fucker who created this will die soon. He came close a few times due to obsessive fans screaming at him to make more.
Thread replies: 129
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.