[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Mawaru Penguindrum
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
Just finished this ;_;
It started giving me a serious Utena vibe at the end.

And what the hell was up with the penguins?
>>
>>142180539
> It started giving me a serious Utena vibe at the end.
> at the end
You must be slow to react.
>>
>>142180838
I watched Utena three years ago, which is why Oh god where has the time gone
>>
>>142180539
Walking metaphore.

In Penguindrum the whole penguin thing is supposed to be a metaphor for not belonging. Penguins are birds but they do not fly. Penguins swim but are not fish. Penguins are outcasts.

Penguindrum is a show you watch once. Then you read an analysis. Then you watch it again. Then it makes... Somewhat more sense.

THE CHILD BROILER IS A FUCKING SHREDDER. SHREDDERS DO NOT BROIL. AND WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS THING? IS IT REAL? IS THAT JUST ANOTHER METAPHOR FOR ISOLATION AND THE DEATH OF INDIVIDUALITY? WHY DO THEY TREAT IT AS A REAL FUCKING LOCATION GAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

Soundtrack kicks ass though.
>>
ROCK

ROCK

ROCK

ROCK
OV
ER
JA
PAN
>>
Other than the transformation sequences this show is garbage and everyone who says otherwise is straight up lying.

Ringo a cute though.
>>
>>142181129
>In Penguindrum the whole penguin thing is supposed to be a metaphor for not belonging. Penguins are birds but they do not fly. Penguins swim but are not fish. Penguins are outcasts.
Just like the Takakuras
>>
This show is masterful at visual storytelling, but the actual substance is quite lacking (i.e. child broiler).
>>
File: 1462009239822.jpg (118 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1462009239822.jpg
118 KB, 1280x720
Install Gentoo
>>
>>142181330

This guy is pretty much spot on.
>>
>>142181566
Yeah. That's the point. That's why they got the penguin buddies that they barely acknowledge existing.
>>
>>142181603
ITS NOT A FUCKING BROILER WHY DO THEY CALL IT THAT?!
>>
Is Triple-H an actual Japanese band, or just something they made up for the EDs?
>>
File: 1391243248968.gif (2 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1391243248968.gif
2 MB, 640x360
You can hear it.
>>
Best show of all time.
>>
>>142183237
Wow, this is fucking great. Is this done by hand or a program?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fppH7CJsxsQ
>>
File: 162837.png (656 KB, 719x720) Image search: [Google]
162837.png
656 KB, 719x720
>>142180539
I watched this about two years ago and I'm still surprised that they touched the subject of the sarin attacks in the 90's
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3DYdV7Uo-A
Besting ending?
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.