[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Autodesk Inventor
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /3/ - 3DCG

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: Autodesk-Inventor-2013-600x346.jpg (40 KB, 600x346) Image search: [Google]
Autodesk-Inventor-2013-600x346.jpg
40 KB, 600x346
I took a few classes over this program in high school, and I really enjoyed them.

But is the program even good for anything?
>>
>>518841
Its good for inventing
>>
>>518841
It's great for industrial design, mechanical engineering, and everything else that requires super precise tools and generate data analysis. If you're building a turbine or an engine, Inventor it has the tools to calculate everything you need to manufacture such objects. Its a bit overkill to use it for simple objects unless your approach is to build something you can then patent.
>>
best user interface in a cad as far as i know.
had catia - was okay, hat proE/creo - was a user interface desaster.
inventor is also best bang for the buck, as far as i know, but the new licensing is really shit - i wanna own the tools i use and not rent them, to loos the abillity to open my own files, when i dont pay the rent...
renting software is shit. plain and simple.

inventor has its limits on larger assemblies - catia and proE/Creo handle complex geometry faster and they have more features and functions, if you really pay hard...

inventor has a very easy to use api, which makes it very customizable. and there is a very good community, very open and accessable - almost no subscribers only shit...

design engineer and cad-admin here...
>>
>>518841

ITS GONNA BLOW.
>>
>>518946

I just wish you could reverse the wheel scroll zoom direction. It's the opposite of all other software.
>>
>>518956

on inventor? you can, google it, son!
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.