[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I connect those to my poly? 3ds max.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /3/ - 3DCG

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 5
File: Sin título.png (18 KB, 856x692) Image search: [Google]
Sin título.png
18 KB, 856x692
How do I connect those to my poly? 3ds max.
>>
File: arch.jpg (569 KB, 2560x2520) Image search: [Google]
arch.jpg
569 KB, 2560x2520
You cant connect floating verticies to a poly. If you want to make an arch connected to a plane this is a better way.
>>
>>511854
>>511839
Oh please You absolutely can connect isolated vertices to a poly, just use the graphite tools Op.

1) select the vertices you want to become your new polygon and go Graphite Modelling Tools > Cap Poly

2) Graphite Modelling tools > Freeform > Step Build. Then hold shift and drag the cursor around the vertices you wanna connect to generate new faces in that area (common practice in max retopo work).

Might be more ways too, but that are the ones I use and are aware of.
>>
File: capPoly.jpg (178 KB, 1920x952) Image search: [Google]
capPoly.jpg
178 KB, 1920x952
>>511869
It doesn't like N-gons tho so you gotta do it like pic related.
>>
>>511869

Why would you ever have isolated verticies to begin with. Graphite tools are just fine for retopo I agree. My way is better and you can also vary the resolution of the final output.
>>
File: stepBuild.jpg (178 KB, 1920x952) Image search: [Google]
stepBuild.jpg
178 KB, 1920x952
>>511869
For 'Step Build' to perform you need a structure for where the faces to go already in place. This image should give you the idea how it works.
>>
>>511873
>Why would you ever have isolated verticies to begin with

Dunno, but if you ever find yourself having any for whatever reason this is how you can connect them.
Op's question was clear, few things are more annoying when asking clearly stated questions than to have someone inquire why you ever would need the answer.
>>
>>511876

Yeah I gave the answer in this post

>>511854

Op clearly had an arc connected to a plane so I showed the best method of creating that from scratch without having to draw verticies.
>>
File: kaboom.jpg (84 KB, 1920x730) Image search: [Google]
kaboom.jpg
84 KB, 1920x730
>>511877
>I showed the best method of creating that from scratch without having to draw vertices

Oh, so we're creating the shape in Op's image from scratch in a way completely unrelated to Op's question 'the best way'?
If so prepare to have your motherfucking mind blown by pic related anon.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.