[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
To get good at creature design/sculpting you need to study anatomy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /3/ - 3DCG

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 4
To get good at creature design/sculpting you need to study anatomy

what can you study to get good at modeling mechanical, scifi, robotics modeling?
>>
>>526537
Whatever you're trying to model. Are you trying to model a specific type of car? Study about that car. Doing a steam powered train? Study about the train. Learn what each part does.
>>
>>526541
This.
>>
>>526537
To make believable machines study engineering in the sense that you start to understand the elementary physics and have an armchair understanding about why real-world artifacts are designed the way they are.
If there is a though process behind the way you construct nonsensical mechanical devices that will help lend some degree of plausibility to it which in turn will make the design more believable.
>>
>>526537
>>526537
>>
File: 12045366754_b426c962cb_z.jpg (60 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
12045366754_b426c962cb_z.jpg
60 KB, 640x640
>>526537
some ebooks i posted on

https://warosu.org/ic/thread/2479248

Nuthin' But Mech: Sketches and Renderings
nuthinbutmech
.blogspot.com/

archive-scans
.blogspot.de/

Daniel Simon - Cosmic Motors - Spaceships, Cars And Pilots Of Another Galaxy
Carl Liu Sketchbooks vols 1&2
Nenad Pavel - The Industrial Designer's Guide to Sketching
Charlotte & Peter Fiell - Industrial Design
Keith Thompson - 50 Robots To Draw & Paint pt 1,2 & 3

http://hardsurface.tumblr com/
http://novafile
.com/2k01kn9hdsol

i also have a folder with tons of mech and 3d inspo i'll might upload it later.
>>
Study different engines, and learn to make shit up
>>
File: Kitbash-Line-up-01.jpg (856 KB, 1440x960) Image search: [Google]
Kitbash-Line-up-01.jpg
856 KB, 1440x960
>>526571
thank you! i was looking for something like this
>>
>>526571
>>527374
mech engineer here
both of those are shit and unrealistic as fuck
>>
File: militaryBullshitGear.jpg (395 KB, 1200x600) Image search: [Google]
militaryBullshitGear.jpg
395 KB, 1200x600
>>527415
Regular engineering student here. I don't think so.Even contemporary real-world military hardware looks unrealistic as fuck these days.
Look at the massive bullshit NVG/thermal/whatnot that DEVGRU are using. Or the F35 pilots helmet.
Totally looks like something Hollywood or some game designer made up.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.