[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Superior program for model creation ?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /3/ - 3DCG

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: download.jpg (4 KB, 207x244) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
4 KB, 207x244
As an absolute beginner, I would like to know which of these three programs would be the best to utilize in character creation( for use in games/animation). So far, I have ZBrush, Blender, and UE4. (Maya isn't available in my country). In order to save time experimenting with each i would like to know which would be the best to start with.

If there are any other programs that could aid a beginner like me, that would be appreciated.
>>
torrent maya and zbrush, ue4 not very good for more complex geometry
>>
you do gingerbread-men and later learn softwares
>>
>>524256
Not OP but I am more interested in which software is easier to use for a complete beginner. Maya or zbrush?
>>
>>524256
all 3d software is hard to learn just use maya and zbrush
>>
File: 1388954203164.png (133 KB, 275x226) Image search: [Google]
1388954203164.png
133 KB, 275x226
>>524256
Goddamn Zbrush fucking sucks. Either I pirated a fucking terrible copy or it is just a glitch-ridden piece of shit. I can't undo anything without it screwing something up. While in paint mode if I paint something say black, and hit undo, it will then color my entire model black. Other times when I load a project and try to go into edit mode, it will instead create a new sphere. When I hit undo nothing happens and I'm stuck with two spheres. Goddamn this software is hard to use for all the wrong reasons. Maybe maya is better.
>>
>>525980
just use your respective modeling software to sculpt, im planning to migrate from zbrush because i don't need all those fancy features to make my models
>>
Maya sucks for beginners, I really recommend C4D. Easy and intuitive UI; it enabled me to understand all the concepts before moving on to more technical softwares like Houdini.

I torrented Zbrush 3 days ago and have already made a sweet ass dragon. If you can get a hang of the shitty 1990s UI then its a blast.
>>
>>525986
I am just getting really frustrated. I figured out how to sculpt hair in Zbrush using the mask tool but now I don't know how to add creases or edit the thickness of the hair. No matter what tool I choose, it only edits the hair underneath, not on top.

I guess this website really spoiled me: http://stephaneginier.com/sculptgl/

It is so piss easy to use and really accessible, Every time I solve one problem, another one appears. I guess I'll give up and just use sculptgl instead.
>>
>>524256
I'd say just use blender as a beginner. I do basic 3D models for various things every now and than and blender has always suited my needs. Until you're advanced you won't ever use anything other stuff has to offer anyways.
>>
>>525992
Maybe I'll try that instead. The only reason I'm am 3D modeling is just to get a reference of characters I will be drawing in 2D. That way I know what they look like in multiple perspectives. So other than a quick reference, I'm not really going to be using all the other fancy 3D tools.
>>
>>525986
C4D for sure is easy for beginners, but it lacks modelling and UV tools, no support for game related stuff, unstable character animation tools, and a lot of other stuff i forgot.
Its very good for learning 3D, but not good enough to be the only tool if you have ambitions. Especiall in the game and animation department Blender wipes the floor with Cinema 4D, for a zero $ budget.
>>524256
OP i don't know in what Banana Republic you live in, but if you have internet, you can have Maya and Max and Modo and whatnot.
But with ZBrush Blender and UE4 you have a good pipeline for a beginner.
You might want to add Substance Painter for texturing.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.